• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6620 users

[L][D]HotS Terran Mech Resources/Q&A - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 33 Next All
Candyman
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden5 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-30 13:16:58
May 30 2013 13:16 GMT
#201
Edit: nevermind I just realized that it was your post larse :D

Here is a nice reddit post made today that compiles a lot of mech games from WCS http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1fammg/all_the_mech_tvp_in_wcs_eu_here_are_all_the_vods/
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-05 02:38:06
June 04 2013 19:23 GMT
#202
More Mech TvP in WCS EU:

Bunny vs Harstem Game 3
http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_europe2/b/412127109?t=57m33s

Mech TvP in WCS AM:

Nony vs Mario - Game 1


Nony vs Mario - Game 2


Nony vs Mario - Game 3 Part 1


Nony vs Mario - Game 3 Part 2
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
June 11 2013 12:11 GMT
#203
Some replays from Strelok stream : )
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kzm6bpn3ypdllk/select.rar
And thanks larser for vods stuff
@taefoxy
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
June 11 2013 12:33 GMT
#204


A bit of a strange game. I can't tell if Light just panicked when he saw the Tempests or what he did was a planed response, interesting game non the less. 3ed game of mech we had in HOTS so far from the Koreans i think.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
June 11 2013 12:48 GMT
#205
@Sapphire: thanks, i don't follow SPL these days. Most of games Korean Mech TvP in HotS credits to Kespa guys, doesn't it ?
@taefoxy
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
June 11 2013 16:20 GMT
#206
On June 11 2013 21:48 Porishan wrote:
@Sapphire: thanks, i don't follow SPL these days. Most of games Korean Mech TvP in HotS credits to Kespa guys, doesn't it ?

As far as i know yes. It should be a good sign as it probably means they are practicing in house and are happy enough with the results to bring it in official games, even if it's just a couple of games. God i wish someone would ask the coaches what they think of mech....
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 16:58:31
June 13 2013 16:18 GMT
#207
This season so far has been a complete joke for me. 30 games, I've not met a single Terran at all and every single TvZ I lose late game. It's really affecting my mindset and it's making me angry again, I mean I had to take a break from the game this time to revise for a uni exam, but whenever this happens it really sucks so damn much.

Has anyone got any replays of them actually dealing with ultras? It seems no matter what I build, with full upgrades everything just dies to ultras unless I can hide behind walls.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
June 14 2013 08:33 GMT
#208


I think this might be a very important game for mech TvT. It shows what appears to be a strong response to air that does not consist of simply "build more air".

There were mistakes by Flash that made the style look stronger then it probably is, like loosing his Tanks for nothing.

Now it looks like air Terran needs a lot more ground support and correct positioning, especially Siege Tanks, and this is very good for the game IMO as it makes the armies more diverse and spread out. I'm starting to like mines
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
June 15 2013 19:48 GMT
#209
More Mech TvP VODs

2013 DreamHack Open: Summer

Goody vs Feast Game 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacksc2/b/417292265?t=2h40m43s

Goody vs Feast Game 2:
http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacksc2/b/417292265?t=3h02m14s
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
June 16 2013 01:08 GMT
#210
I missed GoOdy games yesterday, thanks larse : )
@taefoxy
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
June 18 2013 21:46 GMT
#211
More Mech TvP VODs

2013 DreamHack Open: Summer

Goody vs Harpner Game 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/schamtoo/b/417713238?t=4h08m34s

Goody vs Harpner Game 2:
http://www.twitch.tv/schamtoo/b/417713238?t=4h30m50s

Goody vs Harpner Game 3:
http://www.twitch.tv/schamtoo/b/417713238?t=4h47m15s
S7EFEN
Profile Joined November 2012
86 Posts
June 19 2013 00:11 GMT
#212
So some general mech questions. I'm a masters toss and diamond z/t playing random this season and mech seems like the best way to play T without having spectacular micro.

The idea in TvZ is to do a basic 3cc build but hellion banshee or regular hellion into wm/hellbat/tank/thor?

TvT I want to do hellbat drops but I want to do defensive hellbat/viking/raven play, is this possible? Also, I like blue flame, is the upgrade allowing switching between the 2 viable?

TvP can I do fast 3CC builds off of mine or hellion or hellbat drops?

Also :

Can i spare a second SP in most MUs for ravens once I get my third?
Is double armory standard? I tend to go 2 plating then a second armory for 1/3 on ground, then 2 vehicle 1 air as a nice benchmark?
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
June 20 2013 04:12 GMT
#213

The idea in TvZ is to do a basic 3cc build but hellion banshee or regular hellion into wm/hellbat/tank/thor?

with helion banshee opening u can either defend against many allins by zergs or kill his fast 3rd

TvT I want to do hellbat drops but I want to do defensive hellbat/viking/raven play, is this possible? Also, I like blue flame, is the upgrade allowing switching between the 2 viable?

I've never played hellbat vk ravens play, but hellbat drops is just an opening so u can go whatever after taking 2nd and third. Blue flame upgrade is only for helions atm, hellbats deal full damage as blueflame ( this is gonna change tho ).

@taefoxy
Elucidate
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
205 Posts
June 21 2013 18:33 GMT
#214
As a question to anyone with advice or insight into this, what is a good way to start improving in-game habits? I mean obviously practicing a habit will help cement it (though easier said than done) but I mean maybe more of a progression type of thing like "start by just monitoring ___ , and then once you get comfortable with your ability to do that while doing other things, start trying to do ____ as well."

Thanks!
Welcome to Aslan's Country. Sanctuary Cat on DotA 2.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
June 28 2013 09:29 GMT
#215
I know people in here have been talking a lot about TvP, but does anyone have any recommended openings they can give me for TvZ? I seem to be completely lost in that matchup compared to the others early game and lategame.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
fried_rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
198 Posts
July 01 2013 15:07 GMT
#216
On June 14 2013 01:18 Qikz wrote:
This season so far has been a complete joke for me. 30 games, I've not met a single Terran at all and every single TvZ I lose late game. It's really affecting my mindset and it's making me angry again, I mean I had to take a break from the game this time to revise for a uni exam, but whenever this happens it really sucks so damn much.

Has anyone got any replays of them actually dealing with ultras? It seems no matter what I build, with full upgrades everything just dies to ultras unless I can hide behind walls.


Ive been experiencing something similar, I've beaten other zerg compositions plenty of times(and lost as well) but mass ultras seems to be giving me a hard time as of late. I'm pretty confident in fighting against other things such as roach/hydra/viper, sh+mass turtling, etc, but ultras are pretty hard to beat and more and more zergs seem to be favouring this instead of other compositions.

HOWEVER it appears that I've found a good solution to this problem while watching strelok's stream. Before I used to stop tank production and start to mass Thors to fight against ultras, after all, on theory, Thors would be better than Tanks at killing ultras but it appears that isn't the case in most real situations. What I saw strelok do vs mass Ultralisk armies was just make mass tanks...that's right, mass Tanks instead of Thors, he only gets enough Thors to fight whatever Mutalisks the opponents have. The reason this seems to work better is because Tanks are faster and more mobile than Thors which have a slow turn speed and a really crappy AI that seems to screw up pretty often. Tanks don't have to turn around to shoot (because of their turret) and have almost the same dps as a Thor when unsieged. Also each tank builds faster than a Thor which makes it easier to reach a good number of them.

It seems Thors are only good vs Ultras when you have a lot of them (as close to 1:1 ratio as possible) whereas Tanks do ok'ish even when you don't have a lot of them and they are much easier to maneuver around and get in a good position (behind your hellbats).

So basically use your gas on Tanks instead of Thors and stop Raven production (dont need more than a couple) when you see he's going mass Ultras. What I realized I was doing wrong was wasting too much gas on mass Thors and Ravens when just massing tanks would do the job. This doesn't sound like its very good but the better maneuverability of unsieged Tanks make a BIG difference when engaging ultras.
DoA
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)599 Posts
July 01 2013 15:17 GMT
#217
My name is Doa and I support this thread. (seriously this is awesome. How did I miss this before?)
I cast, therefore I am.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 15:54:42
July 01 2013 15:53 GMT
#218
On June 28 2013 18:29 Qikz wrote:
I know people in here have been talking a lot about TvP, but does anyone have any recommended openings they can give me for TvZ? I seem to be completely lost in that matchup compared to the others early game and lategame.


Ok, well after experimenting with a ton of different openings in nearly all the matchups (not TvT yet though) I've come to the conclusion that the best opening for me to possibly do on ladder is to just siege expand. I don't do a traditional siege expand but my entire idealogy behind my opening is to get a lot of tanks very quickly with a quick ebay to hold off any kind of air early on. It goes a little like this.

depot
rax
gas
depot
orbital
factory ~pull 1 guy out of gas
CC ~put guy back in gas
depot
2nd gas

Then you constantly produce tanks until you bank enough gas to get another tech lab factory. From there you can take it where you want, my usual followup is to get an armory then another factory (reactor this time) 2 thors if against zerg and I get blue flame with a starport and third CC.

I start off behind in bases but even economically as I'm never going to take any damage from anything. I'm yet to be broken from an all in (unlike before where I was trying other things) and it means I can take a relatively fast third completely safe.

My new lategame is rather interesting as I stick with 2/3 techlab factories and get about 5-6 reactors and I constantly send blue flame hellions everywhere I can to force my opponent constantly back or to spam defenses while slowly building a large tank/raven count. If you add ravens early enough in large numbers you can pretty much crush any form of greater spire, but if I see that he's going hive off a style that can't defend drops really well then I'll send a double thor drop either to his main to snipe the hive/tech buildings or to snipe an expo and back out.

This may not work higher up in the ladder but I was low/mid Masters last season after tanking low down into diamond I've been focusing on my defense as cheese has been what's giving me the biggest issues.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
July 01 2013 15:56 GMT
#219
On July 02 2013 00:07 fried_rice wrote:
Tanks don't have to turn around to shoot (because of their turret) and have almost the same dps as a Thor when unsieged.

More actually against armored targets. Having 3-4 Thors isn't a bad idea against hive tech, but otherwise you're correct, unsieged Tanks with whatever buffer you have (for instance you have to land Vikings if you still have many of them after killing his air the previous engagement) is the way to deal with ultras. Shift focusing individual Ultralisks with Tanks makes them melt quickly.
HanSomPa
Profile Joined December 2012
United States87 Posts
July 02 2013 10:19 GMT
#220
On July 02 2013 00:56 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2013 00:07 fried_rice wrote:
Tanks don't have to turn around to shoot (because of their turret) and have almost the same dps as a Thor when unsieged.

More actually against armored targets. Having 3-4 Thors isn't a bad idea against hive tech, but otherwise you're correct, unsieged Tanks with whatever buffer you have (for instance you have to land Vikings if you still have many of them after killing his air the previous engagement) is the way to deal with ultras. Shift focusing individual Ultralisks with Tanks makes them melt quickly.



Sounds like you've tried it before. Haha.
He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Counter-Strike
edward57
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns52331
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9565
Livibee213
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS35
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1551
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
29m
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.