• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9110 users

[TSL] IdrA predicts 3-0 - Page 9

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
February 10 2010 22:42 GMT
#161
trash talk ftw. He will get busted!
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:54:46
February 10 2010 22:45 GMT
#162
On February 11 2010 07:32 Mandalor wrote:
It's funny. A year ago I was thinking that the tl.net community as a whole was exceptionally smart and had a great sense of humor. While this is still true for pretty much every established poster/staff and like 20% of the other posters, this has changed a lot in the last few months and every Idra-interview shows that very clearly.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.


He doesn't seem sarcastic, he is. Sure, he's confident (who wouldn't be in his position), but in every single interview I've heard/read of him, he just had an awesome sense of humor and that's it. You're (and I'm just using your post as an example of like 50% of all the responses in this thread and every idra-interview ever) just not getting it.



Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.


No, he doesn't. First of all who are you to tell him what to do and what to say? That's a lot more cocky and bm than everything Idra has ever said lol. And there's not a hint of bm, there's a buttload of bm and that's probably because Idra and Nony get along rather well and tease each other. Also Idra probably wants to entertain and he likes to provoke people like you.



Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad.


So you actually like the standard pro-gamer interview that I could do on behalf of them because it's absolutely clear what they say? Or the good old Mondragon-interviews where he aaaaalways says he's the underdog no matter how shitty his opponent is? Seriously?



Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same


Speaking of money... You know how valuable an experience like this is? When you and idra graduate from university and apply for the same job, who do you think gets picked? The one guy in a hundred thousands of people with a scholarship or the one unique guy that made a living off of something pretty much no american has ever done in a country where literally noone speaks his language? Here's a hint: It's not you.
And I'm just speaking of the money here. The life experience you gain there for yourself probably weighs a ton more than anything else.


Also provoking people is never good, read the other interviews, are they at all provoking in ANY way to anyone?

I'm sure playing 12 hours a day eating for one or two and then sleeping the rest is a great experience of life in Korea right /sarcasm. Let's be honest here, the progamer's life is probably not a healthy one. At least if you are going to spend 12 hours a day get on the A team.

Look I dont admire people because they try and fail. I admire people that Try and succeed. No one cares about some kid from a poor country who tries to come to america for a new life, ends up doing drugs and getting arrested. People care about the person who came and made something of themselves, became a someone. He put in the effort, I admire that. Now I want to see something.
Now Idra isn't THAT fail, im simply stating why i dont admire him, its not like i HATE HIM or anything. If asked I probably wouldnt mind getting lunch with him or something but It doesnt mean Im gonna feel the same if granted a lunch with Jaedong, Flash (I can name all the names u already know blah blah).

Also being a second rate gamer in Korea and when u try to get a SERIOUS job isnt gonna do you ANY good. Also not many people get fellowships... maybe about 5% of the population..lol.. and not all of them are from notable schools. my fellowship is in BME which Georgia Tech is the number 2 institution in. But fuck me why does it matter. I'm just stating that the 10% of the population which we consider to be "sucessful" at least with money probably were NOT second rate gamers or even gamers at all ( HIGHLY doubt the people living in the golf club subdivisions played video games at all) I mean look at Boxer's life winnings, thats about maybe added together one years income for a doctor or lawyer. However I will give it to boxer that hes really famous hence, I ADMIRE HIM AND RESPECT BOXER. Sadly.. Idra isnt even close to boxer.. not even an iota. Even if they were I wouldn;t be too surprised if someone like Flash were to be very successful in life.

If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you. Idra right now doesn't go to school and I putting (I played SC on a Korean B team for my life instead of going to School) on your resume isnt gonna look cool especially if you at least didnt win some big tournies and get some fame.
Besides, it's my outlook of Idra you can worship him and admire him all you want. To me he isn't a role model on the large scale. I hope Nony wipes the floor with him.
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
mmp
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2130 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:52:49
February 10 2010 22:52 GMT
#163
I find his bm comments outrageous and shocking to my ears, yet I am strangely seduced to the dark side...

RIP OUT NONY'S HEART PLZ

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

I (λ (foo) (and (<3 foo) ( T_T foo) (RAGE foo) )) Starcraft
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4534 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:55:40
February 10 2010 22:55 GMT
#164
On February 11 2010 07:45 PiePie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:32 Mandalor wrote:
It's funny. A year ago I was thinking that the tl.net community as a whole was exceptionally smart and had a great sense of humor. While this is still true for pretty much every established poster/staff and like 20% of the other posters, this has changed a lot in the last few months and every Idra-interview shows that very clearly.

On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.


He doesn't seem sarcastic, he is. Sure, he's confident (who wouldn't be in his position), but in every single interview I've heard/read of him, he just had an awesome sense of humor and that's it. You're (and I'm just using your post as an example of like 50% of all the responses in this thread and every idra-interview ever) just not getting it.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.


No, he doesn't. First of all who are you to tell him what to do and what to say? That's a lot more cocky and bm than everything Idra has ever said lol. And there's not a hint of bm, there's a buttload of bm and that's probably because Idra and Nony get along rather well and tease each other. Also Idra probably wants to entertain and he likes to provoke people like you.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad.


So you actually like the standard pro-gamer interview that I could do on behalf of them because it's absolutely clear what they say? Or the good old Mondragon-interviews where he aaaaalways says he's the underdog no matter how shitty his opponent is? Seriously?



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same


Speaking of money... You know how valuable an experience like this is? When you and idra graduate from university and apply for the same job, who do you think gets picked? The one guy in a hundred thousands of people with a scholarship or the one unique guy that made a living off of something pretty much no american has ever done in a country where literally noone speaks his language? Here's a hint: It's not you.
And I'm just speaking of the money here. The life experience you gain there for yourself probably weighs a ton more than anything else.


Also provoking people is never good, read the other interviews, are they at all provoking in ANY way to anyone?

I'm sure playing 12 hours a day eating for one or two and then sleeping the rest is a great experience of life in Korea right /sarcasm. Let's be honest here, the progamer's life is probably not a healthy one. At least if you are going to spend 12 hours a day get on the A team.

Look I dont admire people because they try and fail. I admire people that Try and succeed. No one cares about some kid from a poor country who tries to come to america for a new life, ends up doing drugs and getting arrested. People care about the person who came and made something of themselves, became a someone. He put in the effort, I admire that. Now I want to see something.
Now Idra isn't THAT fail, im simply stating why i dont admire him, its not like i HATE HIM or anything. If asked I probably wouldnt mind getting lunch with him or something but It doesnt mean Im gonna feel the same if granted a lunch with Jaedong, Flash (I can name all the names u already know blah blah).

Also being a second rate gamer in Korea and when u try to get a SERIOUS job isnt gonna do you ANY good. Also not many people get fellowships... maybe about 5% of the population..lol.. and my fellowship is in BME which Georgia Tech is the number 2 institution in. But fuck me why does it matter. I'm just stating that the 10% of the population which we consider to be "sucessful" at least with money probably were NOT second rate gamers or even gamers at all. Even if they were I wouldn;t be too surprised if someone like Flash were to be very successful in life.

If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you. Idra right now doesn't go to school and I putting (I played SC on a Korean B team for my life instead of going to School) on your resume isnt gonna look cool especially if you at least didnt win some big tournies and get some fame.
Besides, it's my outlook of Idra you can worship him and admire him all you want. To me he isn't a role model on the large scale. I hope Nony wipes the floor with him.


TSL/WCG usa and all the other tournies he won outside of korea are 'tourneys' with fame. He's gonna win stuff in SC2 too so he'll be fine.

I'm happy you're in a good school and stuff but if you think that's the only way to become succesfull you've been brainwashed.
Team Liquid
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 23:05:26
February 10 2010 22:56 GMT
#165
On February 11 2010 07:55 ret wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:45 PiePie wrote:
On February 11 2010 07:32 Mandalor wrote:
It's funny. A year ago I was thinking that the tl.net community as a whole was exceptionally smart and had a great sense of humor. While this is still true for pretty much every established poster/staff and like 20% of the other posters, this has changed a lot in the last few months and every Idra-interview shows that very clearly.

On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.


He doesn't seem sarcastic, he is. Sure, he's confident (who wouldn't be in his position), but in every single interview I've heard/read of him, he just had an awesome sense of humor and that's it. You're (and I'm just using your post as an example of like 50% of all the responses in this thread and every idra-interview ever) just not getting it.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.


No, he doesn't. First of all who are you to tell him what to do and what to say? That's a lot more cocky and bm than everything Idra has ever said lol. And there's not a hint of bm, there's a buttload of bm and that's probably because Idra and Nony get along rather well and tease each other. Also Idra probably wants to entertain and he likes to provoke people like you.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad.


So you actually like the standard pro-gamer interview that I could do on behalf of them because it's absolutely clear what they say? Or the good old Mondragon-interviews where he aaaaalways says he's the underdog no matter how shitty his opponent is? Seriously?



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same


Speaking of money... You know how valuable an experience like this is? When you and idra graduate from university and apply for the same job, who do you think gets picked? The one guy in a hundred thousands of people with a scholarship or the one unique guy that made a living off of something pretty much no american has ever done in a country where literally noone speaks his language? Here's a hint: It's not you.
And I'm just speaking of the money here. The life experience you gain there for yourself probably weighs a ton more than anything else.


Also provoking people is never good, read the other interviews, are they at all provoking in ANY way to anyone?

I'm sure playing 12 hours a day eating for one or two and then sleeping the rest is a great experience of life in Korea right /sarcasm. Let's be honest here, the progamer's life is probably not a healthy one. At least if you are going to spend 12 hours a day get on the A team.

Look I dont admire people because they try and fail. I admire people that Try and succeed. No one cares about some kid from a poor country who tries to come to america for a new life, ends up doing drugs and getting arrested. People care about the person who came and made something of themselves, became a someone. He put in the effort, I admire that. Now I want to see something.
Now Idra isn't THAT fail, im simply stating why i dont admire him, its not like i HATE HIM or anything. If asked I probably wouldnt mind getting lunch with him or something but It doesnt mean Im gonna feel the same if granted a lunch with Jaedong, Flash (I can name all the names u already know blah blah).

Also being a second rate gamer in Korea and when u try to get a SERIOUS job isnt gonna do you ANY good. Also not many people get fellowships... maybe about 5% of the population..lol.. and my fellowship is in BME which Georgia Tech is the number 2 institution in. But fuck me why does it matter. I'm just stating that the 10% of the population which we consider to be "sucessful" at least with money probably were NOT second rate gamers or even gamers at all. Even if they were I wouldn;t be too surprised if someone like Flash were to be very successful in life.

If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you. Idra right now doesn't go to school and I putting (I played SC on a Korean B team for my life instead of going to School) on your resume isnt gonna look cool especially if you at least didnt win some big tournies and get some fame.
Besides, it's my outlook of Idra you can worship him and admire him all you want. To me he isn't a role model on the large scale. I hope Nony wipes the floor with him.


TSL/WCG usa and all the other tournies he won outside of korea are 'tourneys' with fame. He's gonna win stuff in SC2 too so he'll be fine.

I'm happy you're in a good school and stuff but if you think that's the only way to become succesfull you've been brainwashed.


Well I know theres plenty of other ways.. But lets look at the stats of successful people and just step back. Honestly successful in gaming is like boxer flash level and some others.. Idra.. no.. not really... I already admitted that some progamers are sucessful and I admitted that I fully admire and respect those people. I admire top rate gamers that wow me and achieve so high which is why i love watching them, its like watching my favorite tennis player in action.

I love Starcraft and I think to commit your life to it and become successful is really a massive and admirable task, but it doesn't mean I have to admire all second rate players. Very small population of highschool basketball players will get drafted to the NBA. those in second rate leagues well...honestly not many care. But idra.. please... not even close... I guess when SC2 comes out he has a chance, but speculating sucess doesn;t do us very good. If he does end up becoming super pro in SC2 I will fully bow and respect him. If that is something he wishes to go for, I fully respect that and I think its legit. However... he has to get there first...

I just hope Nony tears him to shreds. Besides, if Nony wins it will probably be more exciting anyways considering hes a huge underdog haha xD.
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 10 2010 23:09 GMT
#166
On February 11 2010 07:45 PiePie wrote:
If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you.

The artists, writers, musicians, actors, athletes, competitors et cetera are admirable because of their courage to take risks. If you evaluate all the things you can do in life by how helpful they are for a successful career, then you are taking the easy way out. The world would be very boring if everyone did that.

People with traditional career paths can be admirable if they exceed their colleagues insofar as their field allows superior individuals to rise to the top. But their ability to forge a successful career is completely unadmirable because millions have done so before them and the right choices were always no-brainers. And every step of the way they had tons of advice on how to do it.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 23:18:32
February 10 2010 23:13 GMT
#167
On February 11 2010 08:09 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 07:45 PiePie wrote:
If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you.

The artists, writers, musicians, actors, athletes, competitors et cetera are admirable because of their courage to take risks. If you evaluate all the things you can do in life by how helpful they are for a successful career, then you are taking the easy way out. The world would be very boring if everyone did that.

People with traditional career paths can be admirable if they exceed their colleagues insofar as their field allows superior individuals to rise to the top. But their ability to forge a successful career is completely unadmirable because millions have done so before them and the right choices were always no-brainers. And every step of the way they had tons of advice on how to do it.


Yes but those actually well off are still admirable in their traditional career paths... Not everyone can become a doctor or lawyer and those paid very high are very few.. the majority of the population is very poor. Now please look at my argument at a whole and not just the money part of it. Money is important, but hes not going to achieve as high as those to reach respect yet... maybe he will in the future and i Admitted thatI WILL respect him. In addition please read what the person posted before me said. he said after we graduate from college and apply for a job.. that he would get it and I wouldn't... we wouldn't even compete in the same job markets and Idra already has sacrificed his education A LOT. There have been many greats in acedemics. Infact computer language and the computer you use now is probably due to the research and work of thousands of people... I mean seriously the most sucessful person in the world and probably one of the most famous is a business man... (add that to doctors, lawyers, businessmen etc).

I understand those jobs are sorta generic but they are VERY hard to achieve to get to the top just like pro gaming. I value top rate gamers the same as I would other people but IDra isnt even close. I said BEFORE i already admire him for the risk but hes not at the state where I would admire him as a starcraft player.


This will be my last post regarding this issue, I do admit it was a bit blown out of proportion and I do apologize for that.

Case in point I dont like Idra BM and Nony needs to show this guy what a married guy can do ;]


User was warned for these posts.
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
February 10 2010 23:17 GMT
#168
On February 11 2010 08:13 PiePie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 08:09 Liquid`NonY wrote:
On February 11 2010 07:45 PiePie wrote:
If you go to apply for a job and ur like hey I want to be part of this company. No legit company is gonna give a shit that u played 12 hrs of SC everyday and thats ALL u know how to do. MAYBE if you were someone liek Flash applying for college WITH actual schooling you might get someone, but you gotta stick out like crazy if you really think starcraft is gonna help u get into school or jobs LOL. Honestly if you know anything about life, unless you are famous in the arts and you really gotta stick out, education is what carries you.

The artists, writers, musicians, actors, athletes, competitors et cetera are admirable because of their courage to take risks. If you evaluate all the things you can do in life by how helpful they are for a successful career, then you are taking the easy way out. The world would be very boring if everyone did that.

People with traditional career paths can be admirable if they exceed their colleagues insofar as their field allows superior individuals to rise to the top. But their ability to forge a successful career is completely unadmirable because millions have done so before them and the right choices were always no-brainers. And every step of the way they had tons of advice on how to do it.


Yes but those actually well off are still admirable in their traditional career paths... Not everyone can become a doctor or lawyer and those paid very high are very few.. the majority of the population is very poor. Now please look at my argument at a whole and not just the money part of it. Money is important, but hes not going to achieve as high as those to reach respect yet... maybe he will in the future and i Admitted thatI WILL respect him. In addition please read what the person posted before me said. he said after we graduate from college and apply for a job.. that he would get it and I wouldn't... we wouldn't even compete in the same job markets and Idra already has sacrificed his education A LOT.

PiePie, this is not a thread to talk about or insult a player's life choices. It is not a thread to compare yourself to him. This hijacks the thread that should be about Idra vs Nony, and as general conduct goes, what you're doing here is distasteful and sad. Consider this a warning.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
1984
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Ukraine115 Posts
February 10 2010 23:39 GMT
#169
Reading Idra's interviews makes me happy and calm for some reason.

And also lol @ ret being emo.
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
February 10 2010 23:40 GMT
#170
Does Idra admit Nony is a better player?

IdrA[Media]
No, I think the Ra vs JF winner will be more dangerous simply because they're more comfortable with cheesy, abusive play. If Nony wants to play to my weaknesses, he takes himself out of his element as well, so while he is the more skilled player, I'm much more comfortable with him style wise.
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 23:54:46
February 10 2010 23:53 GMT
#171
On February 11 2010 08:40 getSome[703] wrote:
Does Idra admit Nony is a better player?

IdrA[Media]
No, I think the Ra vs JF winner will be more dangerous simply because they're more comfortable with cheesy, abusive play. If Nony wants to play to my weaknesses, he takes himself out of his element as well, so while he is the more skilled player, I'm much more comfortable with him style wise.


Hmm, Im not sure. But I take it as; while Nony may be better with control and execution, but I think Idra thinks he has an edge with mindgames and I guess overall mindset. After all, IdrA does have more experience with tournaments so I guess not only does he think he has the style advantage, but he is less nervous as well.
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 10 2010 23:58 GMT
#172
On February 11 2010 08:40 getSome[703] wrote:
Does Idra admit Nony is a better player?

IdrA[Media]
No, I think the Ra vs JF winner will be more dangerous simply because they're more comfortable with cheesy, abusive play. If Nony wants to play to my weaknesses, he takes himself out of his element as well, so while he is the more skilled player, I'm much more comfortable with him style wise.

In other words, IdrA is saying that I can beat more people than Ra and JF can beat, but Ra and JF are more likely to beat IdrA than I am. He gets this idea from styles of play.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Abjurer
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Sweden213 Posts
February 11 2010 00:04 GMT
#173
I cheer for IdrA but deep down i want him to lose just to see the reaction and perhaps a bit of dramainducing BM. Anyways, GO IDRA!! ^_^
bw<3 cj<3
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-11 00:25:06
February 11 2010 00:09 GMT
#174
And do europeans ever watch WWE wrestling? They could learn something about how real athletes talk.

Don't worry Idra, the white man's always been trying to silence the brothers. You do a credit to BHM, where we honor your predecessors. People who refused "to be a model for the Growing American Boy, that his public relation be immaculate", like Muhammad Ali.

Muhammad Ali is a folk hero, one of the first truly black men to challenge America in black terms. He was not the humble Negro champion like Joe Louis, the good champion who knew his place, “a credit to his race,” whom whites could tolerate. He is neither humble nor socially amoral. He is a complex, brilliant young man, who rewrote the scenario on his terms.

And, of course, white America reacted. After he became champion in 1964, the World’s Boxing Association, largely an honorary agency with little power, stripped him of his title because of his adoption of the Black Muslim faith. And when he refused to be drafted into the Army in 1967, opposing the war in Vietnam, every state boxing commission took away his title and his right to box because his act was “detrimental to boxing.”

Ring magazine, more definitive in its “professional” judgments than any boxing commission, refused to award Ali its 1970 Fighter of the Year award (giving it to Frazier) because they felt that “. . . the winner should be a model for the Growing American Boy, that his public relation be immaculate. . . . Cassius Clay would have been the ideal example of a professional fighter if he had not refused to sing out ‘God Bless America’.”

Joe Frazier viciously pounded a no longer fleetfooted boxer in thirteen of fifteen rounds, and most of the ringside celebrities applauded the “comeuppance.” “He deserved it,” said one international film star. There were few sympathizers near the ring. Ringsiders seemed satisfied.
---
Idra, you are a complex, brilliant young man, neither humble nor socially amoral. Know that if you win, the Man will snub you for not being an immaculate winner. If you lose, they will applaud your comeuppance. But those of us who can see past the color of your skin and applaud you for embracing your culture will always remember you as a champion.
BalloonFight
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States2007 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-11 01:21:23
February 11 2010 01:21 GMT
#175

Speaking of money... You know how valuable an experience like this is? When you and idra graduate from university and apply for the same job, who do you think gets picked? The one guy in a hundred thousands of people with a scholarship or the one unique guy that made a living off of something pretty much no american has ever done in a country where literally noone speaks his language? Here's a hint: It's not you.
And I'm just speaking of the money here. The life experience you gain there for yourself probably weighs a ton more than anything else.


l o l

here's a hint: it's not idra

yeah, let's hire the kid who played SC in korea for our chem e opening!! rofl
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
February 11 2010 01:23 GMT
#176
On February 11 2010 08:40 getSome[703] wrote:
Does Idra admit Nony is a better player?

IdrA[Media]
No, I think the Ra vs JF winner will be more dangerous simply because they're more comfortable with cheesy, abusive play. If Nony wants to play to my weaknesses, he takes himself out of his element as well, so while he is the more skilled player, I'm much more comfortable with him style wise.

you know, when this was posted hot_bid asked me if i wanted to reword that answer so it was less ambiguous. i replied that no, tl certainly has some stupid posters, but i dont really care if magic~phil misunderstands me and i was pretty sure that everyone else was capable of basic reading comprehension.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
tinman
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States287 Posts
February 11 2010 01:33 GMT
#177
so much faith.
"Politics is an extravagance, an extravagance about grievances. And poetry is an extravagance about grief. And grievances are something that can be remedied, and griefs are irremediable."
kruul_pz
Profile Joined January 2010
United States10 Posts
February 11 2010 01:55 GMT
#178
Good sh*t from Idra, keepin it real.
D+ Toss need T/Z practice partner!! | "Goons are not a counter to goliaths, scouts are." -day9
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
February 11 2010 02:30 GMT
#179
This was a good interview but Idra needs to let his bm come naturally; that's how I like it. This bm was forced but I guess it was entertaining somewhat.
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
February 11 2010 02:47 GMT
#180
On February 11 2010 10:23 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 08:40 getSome[703] wrote:
Does Idra admit Nony is a better player?

IdrA[Media]
No, I think the Ra vs JF winner will be more dangerous simply because they're more comfortable with cheesy, abusive play. If Nony wants to play to my weaknesses, he takes himself out of his element as well, so while he is the more skilled player, I'm much more comfortable with him style wise.

you know, when this was posted hot_bid asked me if i wanted to reword that answer so it was less ambiguous. i replied that no, tl certainly has some stupid posters, but i dont really care if magic~phil misunderstands me and i was pretty sure that everyone else was capable of basic reading comprehension.


Unfortunately, relying on my basic reading comprehension skills suggests you think Nony is a more skilled player

I quite enjoyed the interview - good luck this weekend.
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 779
Soma 538
BeSt 443
Light 349
Horang2 327
910 325
Hyuk 279
Jaedong 257
Stork 143
EffOrt 123
[ Show more ]
Pusan 111
Dewaltoss 94
Soulkey 63
ZerO 55
Shinee 50
Killer 48
Rush 42
Mong 41
Mind 40
Snow 33
Bale 27
Sharp 26
ggaemo 21
hero 20
sorry 20
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 16
Creator 11
Terrorterran 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 4
Mini 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 352
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1355
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2452
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns30307
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT331
Pyrionflax184
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1192
• Stunt435
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
52m
Stellar Fest
2h 52m
The PondCast
23h 52m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.