• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9153 users

[TSL] IdrA predicts 3-0 - Page 8

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 24 Next All
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
February 10 2010 18:45 GMT
#141
On February 11 2010 03:35 hyperioNsin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 14:49 3clipse wrote:
Does IdrA remind anyone else of Phil Hellmuth?


But Hellmuth is not the best in his area xD

Yeah, IdrA is more like the Kobe Bryant of BW. He's at the top of his field and he is still always whining about abusive strategies used by their opponents to beat them, whether it be to the press, referees, fans, or whomever.
Moderator
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
February 10 2010 19:13 GMT
#142
it would be really cool to meet idra irl
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
DaZe
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden2111 Posts
February 10 2010 19:43 GMT
#143
On February 11 2010 03:17 Salteador Neo wrote:
We need Nony to 12 nex, build carriers and lpay dts.


lol ^^
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 10 2010 19:44 GMT
#144
On February 11 2010 03:42 Singu wrote:
Neither is Idra.

Imo, Idra just needs to blow some steam off and get laid. Artosis, could you set him up with a Korean tranny or something and make a movie of it? Something like him getting a blowjob while he is going proxy fact? That would be awesome.


incredible how IdrA interviews consistently attract the worst posts on tl
RIP Aaliyah
psychopat
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 21:47:27
February 10 2010 19:51 GMT
#145
On February 11 2010 03:35 hyperioNsin wrote:
But Hellmuth is not the best in his area xD

He's got the most WSOP bracelets out of anyone, which is on the largest stage in the world and against all the best players... so you could easily make the argument that he is (or at least was) the best. The only people who are close are Brunson, Chan and arguably Seidel... The equivalent would be having a slew of OSL/MSL golds. Granted, Hellmuth is whiny & annoying, but he's got the credentials to back it up.

That said, I'm hoping for and expecting a 3-2 match either way. I find that close games are always more entertaining than blowouts. I picked Idra in my Liquibet, at any rate.
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
February 10 2010 19:57 GMT
#146
I hope Nony can take game 1 to put Idra in a bad mood. ^^
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
February 10 2010 20:25 GMT
#147
On February 11 2010 04:57 RyanS wrote:
I hope Nony can take game 1 to put Idra in a bad mood. ^^


I hope Nony take the 3 games to see Idra... ^_^
I Can Fly...
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
February 10 2010 20:29 GMT
#148
Idra has spent much of his life to be as good as he can be at SC. He has endured an environment where most people don't speak his language and grudgingly make him work twice as hard as anyone else for every inch of respect (from what I understand)
He plays 12 hours a day and against better opponents than anyone else in the foreigner scene.

Has he not earned the right to be somewhat cocky? I mean, if he were facing a top professional Protoss and predicted a 3-0, it would be foolish and obviously an act. To predict 3-0 against a guy who recently got married and hasn't done anything in the last year besides beat obviously overmatched opponents isn't an act.

Also note that he doesn't bash Nony as being a bad player or give ridiculous reasons as to why he thinks he is going to win. He simply thinks he is going to dominate a guy who hasn't played nearly as much SC as he has.

Anyway, gl hf and GGs to both.
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
February 10 2010 20:55 GMT
#149
rofl such an ass
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
February 10 2010 20:57 GMT
#150
lolol "I've never been a fan of thinking about situations that aren't going to happen"
✌
zergpower123
Profile Joined December 2009
United States197 Posts
February 10 2010 21:00 GMT
#151
I hope Nony wins!!!! Anyone know why Nony hasn't been streaming lately?? Was hoping he was going to play even more considering his match vs Idra is soon!!!!!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 10 2010 21:27 GMT
#152
On February 11 2010 05:57 JWD wrote:
lolol "I've never been a fan of thinking about situations that aren't going to happen"

Yeah, that part actually made me smile a bit. He's right though you need to be confident and think you're going to win. Show no fear.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Mumblee
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada256 Posts
February 10 2010 21:30 GMT
#153
This is beautiful.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
February 10 2010 21:52 GMT
#154
Awesome interview as always.
On February 11 2010 05:57 JWD wrote:
lolol "I've never been a fan of thinking about situations that aren't going to happen"

So true, but he's right.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
February 10 2010 22:00 GMT
#155
On February 10 2010 18:05 Harem wrote:
Idra leaking results already?

omg take away the prize money

lol
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:08:09
February 10 2010 22:00 GMT
#156
On February 11 2010 05:29 petered wrote:
Idra has spent much of his life to be as good as he can be at SC. He has endured an environment where most people don't speak his language and grudgingly make him work twice as hard as anyone else for every inch of respect (from what I understand)
He plays 12 hours a day and against better opponents than anyone else in the foreigner scene.

Has he not earned the right to be somewhat cocky? I mean, if he were facing a top professional Protoss and predicted a 3-0, it would be foolish and obviously an act. To predict 3-0 against a guy who recently got married and hasn't done anything in the last year besides beat obviously overmatched opponents isn't an act.

Also note that he doesn't bash Nony as being a bad player or give ridiculous reasons as to why he thinks he is going to win. He simply thinks he is going to dominate a guy who hasn't played nearly as much SC as he has.

Anyway, gl hf and GGs to both.


The way you present yourself is very important regardless of how confident you are. Professionalism is something that we all adore and respect. Even if a basketball player like Jordan were to go up against a high school team player, it doesn't mean he should use that kind of tone. Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.

The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.

The term "Cocky" has a bad connotation. Im sure most of us dont like cocky people, but we like confident people. Theres a difference.

I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad. I'll admire him for maybe his hard work, but I will not admire him for his Charisma or Skill. Being good matters, being the best of the best matters... we can talk about ideals and what he may deserves, what his hardships are, but his life is a game which he is not even notable at on the large scale... I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
February 10 2010 22:15 GMT
#157
LOL so confident. hoping for an interesting series.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Pure.Freedom
Profile Joined January 2010
United States114 Posts
February 10 2010 22:25 GMT
#158
Im not sure if any match the rest of the way will have as much hype as this one. Perhaps an IdrA vs Ret final would create more buzz, but aside from that its tough to see any other matchup getting as much attention as this one. Im hoping for a full 5 game series because the excitement going into that 5th game would be off the charts.
What you need to do is be thankful for the life you got, you know what im sayin? ... stop lookin at what you ain't got ... start bein thankful for what you do got.
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
February 10 2010 22:28 GMT
#159
The way you present yourself is very important regardless of how confident you are. Professionalism is something that we all adore and respect. Even if a basketball player like Jordan were to go up against a high school team player, it doesn't mean he should use that kind of tone. Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.

The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.

The term "Cocky" has a bad connotation. Im sure most of us dont like cocky people, but we like confident people. Theres a difference.

I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad. I'll admire him for maybe his hard work, but I will not admire him for his Charisma or Skill. Being good matters, being the best of the best matters... we can talk about ideals and what he may deserves, what his hardships are, but his life is a game which he is not even notable at on the large scale... I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same


I don't personally know Idra, but from the interviews I have seen it seems like what you call, "a hint of BM" is probably more like, "humor and good fun" to Idra.

Also, I think he will acknowledge that he isn't at the top, but why does his skill not inspire admiration? Do you not admire Yellow since he was always second to Boxer? Do you not admire Phil Mickleson since he was always second to Tiger?

Truth is, he is miles ahead of anyone else in the foreigner starcraft scene. Many people seem to admire Nony for his crazy skill. Why is Idra's skill less admirable? Did he work less hard to get it or something?

I think it is unfair to point to his salary and say that he is insignificant as a SC:BW player. His salary is more of a function of his chosen career path rather than his rank in the world of SC.
For example, lets just say theoretically that he is the 300th best SC player in the world (probably underestimating him at that spot) The 300th best basketball player gets a heck of a lot more respect and money than he does. It is simply because basketball is more popular than SC, hence more money generated for the players.
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 10 2010 22:32 GMT
#160
It's funny. A year ago I was thinking that the tl.net community as a whole was exceptionally smart and had a great sense of humor. While this is still true for pretty much every established poster/staff and like 20% of the other posters, this has changed a lot in the last few months and every Idra-interview shows that very clearly.

On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
Notice how Idra seems even sarcastic in some of his answers like about the counter to 2 nex.


He doesn't seem sarcastic, he is. Sure, he's confident (who wouldn't be in his position), but in every single interview I've heard/read of him, he just had an awesome sense of humor and that's it. You're (and I'm just using your post as an example of like 50% of all the responses in this thread and every idra-interview ever) just not getting it.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
The point is, he needs to be much much more professional and his interview simply does not seem like it when compared to others. There is a hint of BM in there and we can all detect it.


No, he doesn't. First of all who are you to tell him what to do and what to say? That's a lot more cocky and bm than everything Idra has ever said lol. And there's not a hint of bm, there's a buttload of bm and that's probably because Idra and Nony get along rather well and tease each other. Also Idra probably wants to entertain and he likes to provoke people like you.



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I personally do not admire Idra much. Yes he tried something that most non Koreans would not dare try, and I do commend him for that, but I'm going to say that he is not on their level at all. It's quite sad.


So you actually like the standard pro-gamer interview that I could do on behalf of them because it's absolutely clear what they say? Or the good old Mondragon-interviews where he aaaaalways says he's the underdog no matter how shitty his opponent is? Seriously?



On February 11 2010 07:00 PiePie wrote:
I mean he has no endorsements and i DOUBT he gets paid that much... even if he makes 30 grand a year USD (I doubt he even makes that much, i mean hes not even on the A team) that is NOTHING compared to what students his age get in scholarships. (I for one am on a fellowship for 30 grand and my housing and food costs are covered) at georgia tech and after I earn my degree I'll climb higher. Honestly... if you are going to pursue a career in games.. u need to be the top of the top... that is why I admire Flash who still goes to school and makes huge money (MSL +OSL winnings +PL wage + all the random endorsements he gets for everything). Its just not the same


Speaking of money... You know how valuable an experience like this is? When you and idra graduate from university and apply for the same job, who do you think gets picked? The one guy in a hundred thousands of people with a scholarship or the one unique guy that made a living off of something pretty much no american has ever done in a country where literally noone speaks his language? Here's a hint: It's not you.
And I'm just speaking of the money here. The life experience you gain there for yourself probably weighs a ton more than anything else.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 779
Soma 538
BeSt 443
Light 349
Horang2 327
910 325
Hyuk 279
Jaedong 257
Stork 143
EffOrt 123
[ Show more ]
Pusan 111
Dewaltoss 94
Soulkey 63
ZerO 55
Shinee 50
Killer 48
Rush 42
Mong 41
Mind 40
Snow 33
Bale 27
Sharp 26
ggaemo 21
hero 20
sorry 20
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 16
Creator 11
Terrorterran 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 4
Mini 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 352
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1355
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2452
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns30307
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT331
Pyrionflax184
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1192
• Stunt435
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
52m
Stellar Fest
2h 52m
The PondCast
23h 52m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.