• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9792 users

ClouD vs G5 Results and Interview - Page 4

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
January 07 2010 10:20 GMT
#61
On January 07 2010 18:23 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I'm going to let cloud finish here, but G5 had one of the best PvP probe cuts of recent TSL2 history.

wow i just seen this.. epic post lol!
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 10:34:03
January 07 2010 10:25 GMT
#62
G5 fighting!
Quite a nice series, fun. Cloud had clearly better macro and hence a macro advantage all the time in both games, but lost to G5's superior micro. (alright, G5's timing was perfect in game 1, attacking just before the storm research finishing. Luck or gamesense?:-p But in game 2, just great micro, both with the probe defense several times, and constantly sniping the reavers of Cloud)

ggs
G5 is actually one of the few people who could eliminate ret without me feeling bad about it pvz scout micro gogo

On January 07 2010 18:41 iG.ClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2010 18:29 Drazzzt wrote:
On January 07 2010 18:19 iG.ClouD wrote:
It was very frustrating, I play so bad in tournaments. My preparation this time was far superior to g5 but I get too nervous and make shitty decisions, like making 4 templars before researching storm in the first game or even forgetting to research storm in the second one. I won't congratulate to g5 because I think he actually played bad (going for blind, unsafe builds without having a clue of what I was doing), but well in the end the mistake was mine trying to think I can compete in tournaments even though I always get nervous and ansious to the point of not being able to think logically at all.


I hate that kind of unmannered posts. Ok, you lost. Just stand it. He played better than you. Talking about having a "far superior preparation" or not congratulating, because "G5 played bad", is simply disrespectful. You won't win any friends talking like this.

I am not gonna state he played good if he played without scouting at all, nor I am gonna state he had a better preparation when he obviously didn't. Why is it unmannered? Have you even watched the replays?

Congratulating someone for advancing over you is not equal to saying he played good, its basic manners and accepting defeat. (and actually, he played better than you in the series, thats why he won.)
Also, if you can compare your preparations without actually seeing G5's, i guess he can might as well counter your builds without actually scouting them. (seriously though, in the interview he says he practiced with and got tips from Nony and White-Ra. Who other better foreign protosses to turn to?) Please be a little more respectful, even though you must be super-upset for having a very hard time staying calm and focused in tourneys, I understand it must suck big time.
You still have a large amount of fans, dont do this to them.
BW fighting!
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 10:37:08
January 07 2010 10:34 GMT
#63
On January 07 2010 18:23 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I'm going to let cloud finish here, but G5 had one of the best PvP probe cuts of recent TSL2 history.


lolololol

I can understand Clouds position though, I can see the points he makes and watching the games its obvious that it must have been frustrating as hell
though I dont think thats a reason not to congratulate.
But I mean if youre this nervous here, what are the chances of beating someone like ret anyways...
beep boop
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 11:25:32
January 07 2010 11:24 GMT
#64
Actually, after watching a bunch of Cloud's replays in the pack, I think it's a tad better for Flaf to face G5. I've seen some sick games by Cloud vs people I think are (were) a bit better than Flaf in ZvP.

So you know. Grats, G5. Sorry you lost, Cloud. Go Fluffy!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
January 07 2010 11:50 GMT
#65
insane. NIce to see it finally started
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
JoeKim
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States608 Posts
January 07 2010 11:51 GMT
#66
On January 07 2010 18:23 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I'm going to let cloud finish here, but G5 had one of the best PvP probe cuts of recent TSL2 history.

Cloud got Kanye'd
On January 07 2010 19:15 Lz wrote:
Great job Eric ~ Msg me on msn if you need some practice in the coming days

G5 needs to train vs a GOOD zerg, sorry EzGaMeR
Tarmak_mk
Profile Joined May 2004
Macedonia410 Posts
January 07 2010 11:56 GMT
#67
same as i said. cloud gonna lose round1......
OctoberZerg
rest_less
Profile Joined January 2007
Germany142 Posts
January 07 2010 12:01 GMT
#68
In my opinion G5 was very lucky in both games, as he was basically all-in due to his probe count. It was cheese, I feel really bad for Cloud. In the first game his psi storm finished too late and in the second game, he fucked up his goon micro reaaaaally hard. I wondered why Cloud didn't go for smth like 3 gate or 4 gate when he saw G5's fe and expoed himself instead?
There is nothing more ridicoulus than "trying".
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 07 2010 12:04 GMT
#69
On January 07 2010 18:41 iG.ClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2010 18:29 Drazzzt wrote:
On January 07 2010 18:19 iG.ClouD wrote:
It was very frustrating, I play so bad in tournaments. My preparation this time was far superior to g5 but I get too nervous and make shitty decisions, like making 4 templars before researching storm in the first game or even forgetting to research storm in the second one. I won't congratulate to g5 because I think he actually played bad (going for blind, unsafe builds without having a clue of what I was doing), but well in the end the mistake was mine trying to think I can compete in tournaments even though I always get nervous and ansious to the point of not being able to think logically at all.


I hate that kind of unmannered posts. Ok, you lost. Just stand it. He played better than you. Talking about having a "far superior preparation" or not congratulating, because "G5 played bad", is simply disrespectful. You won't win any friends talking like this.

I am not gonna state he played good if he played without scouting at all, nor I am gonna state he had a better preparation when he obviously didn't. Why is it unmannered? Have you even watched the replays?

I know exactly what you mean here cloud no offense to G5 what so ever but Cloud played superior to G5 in both games. Better probe production, better timings, cleaner mechanics etc but the one thing which G5 did better was engage every battle perfectly. It was beautiful to watch, but man it must have sucked for you cloud =[. If G5 wants to give ret a run for his money he's really going to need to smooth over his game and bring his mechanics up to par. Here's hoping he can
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 07 2010 12:10 GMT
#70
pretty loose definition of 'played better' given the priority list in PvP Plexa
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 07 2010 12:11 GMT
#71
this is the person who put shine[kal] in 4th place in a ranking of starcraft players. you cant really expect him to understand anything at all.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 12:23:15
January 07 2010 12:14 GMT
#72
Im feeling sad cause the things that lost Cloud the game were so slim and little..
Game 2 for example his unit positioning was so bad
He was better at everything until this battle
and suddenly his zealots run one after the other and his units were not well spread

+ at one attack focusing on the nexus would have maybe been gg as well


To be honest I totally get what Cloud is saying

Basicaly G5 didnt play particulary amazing at all. Its just that Cloud made a few bad decision and G5 really just kinda got a gift here. I mean did u see how high in the tech tree Cloud was compared to G5 ? The unit count ? Man I hate to say it but all that lost it for Cloud were those very very sloppy fights.. and that is frustrating as hell. Basicaly Cloud was better in every aspect of the game except one and thats that...


ggs !

Was very nice to watch the replays man !

hatred outlives the hateful
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
January 07 2010 12:20 GMT
#73
yaa really congrats G5 gw !
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Kompicek
Profile Joined May 2008
Czech Republic245 Posts
January 07 2010 12:22 GMT
#74
Clouds game is on another level than G5, too bad he played bad today and lost
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
January 07 2010 12:25 GMT
#75
both played really weird in my oppinion... But hey? g5 won fair and square so gl vs flaf in the next round
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 07 2010 12:26 GMT
#76
if your control and positioning and unit choice are bad enough to lose multiple fights while you're up 90 supply to 60 something is seriously wrong. they both made mistakes. cloud's were alot fuckin bigger. how did he deserve to win?
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
January 07 2010 12:31 GMT
#77
finished watching first game - SO SAD! i'm more impressed by cloud pulling of a nony than g5s build order. actually cloud was slightly ahead when he messed it up.
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
January 07 2010 12:38 GMT
#78
On January 07 2010 21:26 IdrA wrote:
if your control and positioning and unit choice are bad enough to lose multiple fights while you're up 90 supply to 60 something is seriously wrong. they both made mistakes. cloud's were alot fuckin bigger. how did he deserve to win?

No one is saying I deserve to win, when you play that bad all you deserve is to die. Seriously though, I can't just handle the pressure. I'll keep playing and maybe I'll stream my games, but I'm not expecting to do anything in tournaments anymore.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
January 07 2010 12:40 GMT
#79
And were off!
Wow im so excited about TSL play-offs, too bad i have a HUGE exam this coming friday this next friday :/
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
January 07 2010 12:41 GMT
#80
Carlo

You played really well man. It was so close and there were a few times (especially in game 2) that I thought you had it. Really was hoping for you to snipe that nexus there. Oh well, good luck in the future and hoping you start streaming soon!

Your Fan,

LW
Chains none
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15072
StarCastTV_EN354
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 310
Lowko283
ProTech122
Rex 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11348
EffOrt 5588
BeSt 1602
ZerO 1142
Larva 1056
Hyuk 852
Horang2 753
Hyun 268
Zeus 251
Stork 194
[ Show more ]
Killer 194
Light 184
Barracks 136
Rush 78
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 39
Terrorterran 29
Bale 28
Mong 22
PianO 21
Sacsri 19
sorry 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 762
Dendi329
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli794
Other Games
singsing1870
olofmeister1526
crisheroes288
Sick178
Pyrionflax170
Mew2King51
ArmadaUGS10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream374
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 202
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH296
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1835
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
3m
IntoTheiNu 174
Rex72
WardiTV60
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 3m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.