• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:14
CEST 18:14
KST 01:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 3009

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
August 19 2018 21:41 GMT
#60161
Has he been temp banned that much? He's a bit of an edgelord in the EU politics, but generally backs off before he can get himself into real trouble. But maybe he shitposted more in the BW threads?
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-19 21:48:10
August 19 2018 21:47 GMT
#60162
He even got permabanned once, at his own request.
You're now breathing manually
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 19 2018 22:00 GMT
#60163
ah, so that's what it was about. glad I came hear to get the details.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 19 2018 22:13 GMT
#60164
He really seemed like a Shield clone in the making, as far as I'm concerned. Question is, will he come back on angry alts to complain about the ban now?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Volband
Profile Joined March 2011
Hungary6034 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-19 22:20:03
August 19 2018 22:18 GMT
#60165
On August 20 2018 06:33 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2018 06:26 Volband wrote:
On August 20 2018 05:52 LegalLord wrote:

sc-darkness was just banned by Seeker.

That account was created on 2017-08-15 04:42:15 and had 856 posts.

Reason: I honestly don't feel like you and TL are a good fit. Let's just part ways.


Anyone find the context?

I have no idea if it's related, but we had kind of a pm war today.

So I haven't logged into TL for a while and I saw I had a PM, which was strange, because I'm not really part of any group here for people to just PM me. It was from him (sc-darkness), sent to me on June 30th, and it was a question about Tinder. I used to be active in the Dating thread, but not for a long while, and even if he read my older stories, I wasn't sure why exactly would he PM me about such a question when there are clearly more experienced and suave guys in that thread.

Anyway, I jokingly asked him if he was a bot or something, and if he meant to message me, as it may have been a mistake. Then he went all passive-aggressive on me, so I put him in his place, that if he can't even introduce himself when he sends a PM to a stranger, then maybe don't bitch at me if I act surprised. This went on for a while, and first he threatened to report me, then told me he did so. I told him to go ahead, because not only he was the one who started it all, I haven't sent him any PMs that wasn't a reply to his, so I can hardly harass someone who keeps writing letters to me.

"I'm a very secure person, but you just can't stop spamming, can you? Let's see when moderators will shut you up." - his last message.

Even if it's unrelated, it's quite the timing for sure. :D

Here's the really funny part though... Even after a perm ban has happened, a ban can still be overruled and the user can either be unbanned or have their perm ban reduced to a temp ban. But instead of waiting for me to reply to his PM, he straight up goes and reports me to Nazgul and Plexa in hopes of trying to get me in trouble.

Lmao, that's what pissed me off the most. I basically grew up during the heyday of the internet boards, so butting heads with strangers is nothing new to me, especially given my nature. But man, there's something spineless in that when you rattle someone up, and then report them to the moderators. That's just disgusting.

Also, what would you even expect? "Hey, the guy I keep sending private messages to keeps replying to them. Please punish him!" Reports are for disruptive (troll) behavior, and not a last ditch effort to signal Batman, so he may pull you out from the very hole you've dug yourself into.

So to know that when even the higher ups agreed that he is a dum-dum, his response was not backing off a few steps, but instead doubling down on his shallowness... wow, if he keeps it up, you guys can soon expect a letter from Strasbourg.

On August 20 2018 07:13 LegalLord wrote:
He really seemed like a Shield clone in the making, as far as I'm concerned. Question is, will he come back on angry alts to complain about the ban now?

I'm sure he's not back yet, because I would've gotten a response to my last PM, which was a gracious "rekt". Or maybe he's consulting with his lawyers now, I don't know.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 19 2018 23:53 GMT
#60166
We were confused that it was sc-darkness that was the one reporting the pm's.
I've gotten a good laugh from how everything went down.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 20 2018 03:00 GMT
#60167
Now that’s a major self-own
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
August 20 2018 22:23 GMT
#60168
I wonder what's up with all these people I argue with blowing themselves up and getting banned.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-20 23:04:24
August 20 2018 23:03 GMT
#60169
On August 21 2018 07:23 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I wonder what's up with all these people I argue with blowing themselves up and getting banned.

They're just the guys who argue with absolutely everybody. They are volatile and more likely to make it personal and get themselves banned. But before that, it's also more likely they argued with you: they argue with *everybody*!
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
August 21 2018 10:53 GMT
#60170
No, I am absolutely special and unique and there is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise.

In sc-darkness case, we agreed on a few things anyways. I always got a sense of amusement over his hatred of British tourists.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
August 27 2018 03:43 GMT
#60171
3 non bot bans in under 10 mins.

Neat.

JD.Cursed was just temp banned for 1 week by Seeker.

That account was created on 2013-05-10 07:34:41 and had 8 posts.

Reason: You have a total of 8 posts on TL and already have accumulated 3 mod actions. Things are not looking good for you... Please become a better poster before it's too late.


Grumbels was just temp banned for 1 week by Seeker.

That account was created on 2009-05-02 04:58:17 and had 6807 posts.

Reason: You were warned to drop it. You deliberately didn't listen. Please take a week off.


IgnE was just temp banned for 1 week by Seeker.

That account was created on 2010-11-09 07:03:15 and had 6558 posts.

Reason: Please stop posting low content one-liners that add nothing to the discussion.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
August 27 2018 03:57 GMT
#60172
**NBA Jam voice**

"He's on fire!"

RIP comrades, next week should be better.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 27 2018 04:36 GMT
#60173
On August 27 2018 09:25 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2018 09:03 thePunGun wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:45 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:21 SetStndbySmn wrote:
On August 27 2018 07:38 Sent. wrote:
Can anyone who used to or still does frequent gaming tournaments in the US describe how do security measures at those events look like? I'm guessing they're minimal at smaller tournaments, I'm mostly curious about bigger titles.


The MLG event I went to in Raleigh a number of years ago had a decent amount of security. I can't remember if there were metal detectors, but there was a noticeable amount of security personnel. Nearly all sporting events have the works though. The smaller stuff- i.e. events that take place in stores/bars- generally has next to nothing as far as security goes. The Jacksonville Landing is a mall area, so may have had mall security. Just keep in mind the US is a pretty darn big place and the variance in violent occurrences can be night and day. I've heard from relatives who live in the area that violence in Jacksonville has been a problem recently, but that's hearsay.

i'm going to Tecmo Madison in April next year. I hope there is zero security. it preserves the fun of the event.

I advise you to reconsider your priorites, getting home alive from an event and not in a casket is pretty high up in my list....


live free or die

User was temp banned for this post.

Honestly thought it was pretty witty by IgnE standards. Oh well.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
August 27 2018 05:24 GMT
#60174
On August 27 2018 13:36 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2018 09:25 IgnE wrote:
On August 27 2018 09:03 thePunGun wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:45 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:21 SetStndbySmn wrote:
On August 27 2018 07:38 Sent. wrote:
Can anyone who used to or still does frequent gaming tournaments in the US describe how do security measures at those events look like? I'm guessing they're minimal at smaller tournaments, I'm mostly curious about bigger titles.


The MLG event I went to in Raleigh a number of years ago had a decent amount of security. I can't remember if there were metal detectors, but there was a noticeable amount of security personnel. Nearly all sporting events have the works though. The smaller stuff- i.e. events that take place in stores/bars- generally has next to nothing as far as security goes. The Jacksonville Landing is a mall area, so may have had mall security. Just keep in mind the US is a pretty darn big place and the variance in violent occurrences can be night and day. I've heard from relatives who live in the area that violence in Jacksonville has been a problem recently, but that's hearsay.

i'm going to Tecmo Madison in April next year. I hope there is zero security. it preserves the fun of the event.

I advise you to reconsider your priorites, getting home alive from an event and not in a casket is pretty high up in my list....


live free or die

User was temp banned for this post.

Honestly thought it was pretty witty by IgnE standards. Oh well.

Getting warned for that is insanity.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-27 06:10:30
August 27 2018 06:08 GMT
#60175
On August 27 2018 14:24 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2018 13:36 LegalLord wrote:
On August 27 2018 09:25 IgnE wrote:
On August 27 2018 09:03 thePunGun wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:45 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On August 27 2018 08:21 SetStndbySmn wrote:
On August 27 2018 07:38 Sent. wrote:
Can anyone who used to or still does frequent gaming tournaments in the US describe how do security measures at those events look like? I'm guessing they're minimal at smaller tournaments, I'm mostly curious about bigger titles.


The MLG event I went to in Raleigh a number of years ago had a decent amount of security. I can't remember if there were metal detectors, but there was a noticeable amount of security personnel. Nearly all sporting events have the works though. The smaller stuff- i.e. events that take place in stores/bars- generally has next to nothing as far as security goes. The Jacksonville Landing is a mall area, so may have had mall security. Just keep in mind the US is a pretty darn big place and the variance in violent occurrences can be night and day. I've heard from relatives who live in the area that violence in Jacksonville has been a problem recently, but that's hearsay.

i'm going to Tecmo Madison in April next year. I hope there is zero security. it preserves the fun of the event.

I advise you to reconsider your priorites, getting home alive from an event and not in a casket is pretty high up in my list....


live free or die

User was temp banned for this post.

Honestly thought it was pretty witty by IgnE standards. Oh well.

Getting warned for that is insanity.


It was a 1 week ban just fyi
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
August 27 2018 08:57 GMT
#60176
thing is, it doesn't matter the good one does here(excluding the working/affiliates dudes here obv.), it'll never compensate for the eventual fuckups, not even for minor ones.
if on the list, you get gunned down; if not, you at most get slapped around(for amusement mostly, sometimes made an educational example of).
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-27 09:39:09
August 27 2018 09:35 GMT
#60177
On August 27 2018 17:57 xM(Z wrote:
thing is, it doesn't matter the good one does here(excluding the working/affiliates dudes here obv.), it'll never compensate for the eventual fuckups, not even for minor ones.
if on the list, you get gunned down; if not, you at most get slapped around(for amusement mostly, sometimes made an educational example of).

Good around here is recognized with TL+ donations, liquipedia coins, featured blogs, and in the particularly outstanding cases, a star. I'm not sure what more you want. You want a get-out-of-jail-free token, so that every time you post something good (definition plz), you can post something bad and not get punished? Seems like a pretty awful way to run a site.

But in addition, grumbels fully deserved the ban. He was told by seeker to stop that line of posting and didn't. I guess you can take it to website feedback whether seeker was right in telling him to stop it. But in all honesty, grumbels should have gotten banned for his first post in that topic. So it evens out

IgnE likes to get himself into trouble. Not sure what is wrong with that joke, but IgnE getting himself banned isn't very surprising.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-27 10:36:52
August 27 2018 10:36 GMT
#60178
what you exemplified there are TL's affiliates; even when voluntary, it(the deed, the helping), follows a (personal)choice which comes with its own responsibilities. that quasi-official position is not up for discussion because it's TL's personal territory.

but, if you look at TL as being more than an address bar with specific data on <.xyz.> and see it as some sort of a community, it dings in your head that a good can be performed to/for another community member or something(like writings that would draw clicks/hits, make people laugh/breed positivity etc).
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
August 27 2018 10:54 GMT
#60179
On August 27 2018 19:36 xM(Z wrote:
what you exemplified there are TL's affiliates; even when voluntary, it(the deed, the helping), follows a (personal)choice which comes with its own responsibilities. that quasi-official position is not up for discussion because it's TL's personal territory.

but, if you look at TL as being more than an address bar with specific data on <.xyz.> and see it as some sort of a community, it dings in your head that a good can be performed to/for another community member or something(like writings that would draw clicks/hits, make people laugh/breed positivity etc).

And in the grand scheme of things, I think the community knows who are its good and bad members (okay, TL is both a community and a collection of quite a lot of subcommunities, and people "belong" to any number of them). I'd say both IgnE and Grumbels are "good" members of the community. But IgnE is known as a bit of a rebel, and Grumbels went and did something particularly stupid/nasty. So what exactly is the problem?

And that 3rd ban: I have no idea who that is. Given the ban reason, I don't think you can even count him as part of the "community", but is rather just a troll?
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
August 27 2018 11:58 GMT
#60180
i'm not questioning the bans here(or maybe slightly/not directly) but note that overall, some kind of skewed reinforcement contingency happens here:+ Show Spoiler +
A positive or negative relationship with the reinforcer; can be attained by building dependencies between the reinforcer and the response, as characteristic ramifications to a response, or by accidental means. Also known as: response-reinforcement contingency.
REINFORCEMENT CONTINGENCY: "Reinforcement contingency is a positive or negative relationship between the reinforcer and the response."

there is an overbearing preference here for putting good in line(via rules/definitions), in its place, questioning its meaning(semanticism) etc which culminates in"...the loss of rewards for positive behavior leads to eventual extinction of such behaviors." which according to psychotherapy means that eventually only assholes will remain.

no one enjoys being good or doing good anymore because there's no one to share it with or it's to hard to even try.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Prev 1 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM189
TaKeTV 119
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1493
RotterdaM 189
ByuN 114
IndyStarCraft 15
BRAT_OK 7
MaxPax 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4182
Bisu 1027
Shuttle 1002
Stork 525
BeSt 383
Mini 346
EffOrt 308
actioN 282
Rush 257
Horang2 251
[ Show more ]
hero 124
Mind 121
Light 100
Yoon 88
910 84
Zeus 72
Mong 60
Barracks 60
Snow 60
sorry 46
Shinee 41
Sea.KH 41
JYJ 31
HiyA 31
Terrorterran 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 18
yabsab 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 11
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5949
qojqva2920
Dendi1305
Counter-Strike
fl0m3337
Fnx 726
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko873
ceh9467
Beastyqt459
Livibee329
XBOCT290
Hui .235
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr56
QueenE32
Chillindude20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2979
Other Games
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.