• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:08
CEST 09:08
KST 16:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6581 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 3008

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
August 07 2018 00:30 GMT
#60141
On August 07 2018 09:17 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 09:13 JimmiC wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:06 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2018 08:52 JimmiC wrote:
Yeah I saw he went a little off the reservation on the other thread there. But I think it also fair to say that you badgered him pretty hard.

He plays a game of being deliberately obtuse and ignorant that makes me want to hammer him with the point until he gets it. You could catch him daubing a swastika on a synagogue and he’d insist that he was unaware that there was any meaning other than as a Hindu good luck sign, and then argue it for days. We did this dance with the fourteen words etc. I really should stop letting myself get drawn into it at all, it’s just the endless insistence that he doesn’t get why it’s a problem triggers the fuck out of me.


Fair enough, I'm certainly a person who can relate to being drawn in!

I’ll acknowledge the failing. At a certain point, which was probably years ago now, I should have stopped playing this game with him.


Indeed
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
August 07 2018 00:31 GMT
#60142
I think everyone who disagrees with him has come to the same conclusion. Talking to him is entirely fruitless.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 07 2018 01:15 GMT
#60143
hurray for progress!
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 07 2018 01:22 GMT
#60144
JimmiC was just temp banned for 2 days by tofucake.

That account was created on 2011-05-08 03:26:54 and had 1154 posts.

Reason: Learn which buttons not to push.

So GH, the subject of your targeted hate campaign complaints about under-moderation is proving to be a ban magnet. Must be some form of vindication, huh?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
August 07 2018 03:20 GMT
#60145
On August 07 2018 01:41 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Sorry. So, which one would you rather be counted as? A normal sane person? Or a disturbed obsessed person?


I'd rather be counted as 'disturbed and obsessed', though I do have some doubts about whether normal people are sane. I merely did not wish to be counted among the ranks of the US Pol. posters for the sake of accuracy.

User was warned for this post.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 06:57:21
August 07 2018 06:56 GMT
#60146
Inadvertent post.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
August 07 2018 12:40 GMT
#60147
On August 07 2018 09:31 micronesia wrote:
I think everyone who disagrees with him has come to the same conclusion. Talking to him is entirely fruitless.

This is why I don't talk to him, or really post in US Politics at all at this point..
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 07 2018 12:47 GMT
#60148
After a while, I just straight up lost interest in that thread. Its contents have been consistently disappointing for quite a long time now.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 09 2018 00:16 GMT
#60149
--- Nuked ---
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
August 09 2018 06:07 GMT
#60150
superstartran was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2010-03-18 03:24:52 and had 1973 posts.

Reason: I don’t know why you felt the need to PM me like that out of the blue but hopefully you’ll think better of it next time. Had another user reported it you’d have been banned, PMing it direct to a mod saved you some time though.

id have liked to see him attempt to respond to the posts we had laid out for him in the gun thread. too bad he went and got himself temped. his self destruction in that thread was almost magnificent.
i wonder what the contents of the pm was that led to a straight ban though
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
August 09 2018 14:38 GMT
#60151
On August 09 2018 15:07 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
superstartran was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2010-03-18 03:24:52 and had 1973 posts.

Reason: I don’t know why you felt the need to PM me like that out of the blue but hopefully you’ll think better of it next time. Had another user reported it you’d have been banned, PMing it direct to a mod saved you some time though.

id have liked to see him attempt to respond to the posts we had laid out for him in the gun thread. too bad he went and got himself temped. his self destruction in that thread was almost magnificent.
i wonder what the contents of the pm was that led to a straight ban though

Not the one he got banned for but he sent me a ridiculous pm as well, accusing me of being anti-American when what I did in that thread was point out that his own examples and his own interpretation of their effects work against his conclusion on individual rights, rather than making any claims of my own about the US.

And once again arguing with something I didn't say with that Japan faux-pas, after being told countless times to stop 'responding' to imaginary arguments. Just to be clear I didn't send him any pm, maybe he found it too embarassing to post that in the thread, which would be at least some progress.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 15 2018 12:59 GMT
#60152
--- Nuked ---
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18452 Posts
August 15 2018 13:03 GMT
#60153
Was that an ad bot? Or what happened?
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
August 15 2018 13:06 GMT
#60154
Yeah some boring Dota2 add.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
August 17 2018 21:52 GMT
#60155
The Brood War section breathes easier with the removal of village idiot, funnybananaman.

Were the harassing PMs sent to mods? I expected that I'd be the one to get them but besides his post in feedback he was quiet on that front. I guess I somehow managed to underestimate his lack of presence of mind.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51590 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-18 02:14:45
August 18 2018 02:12 GMT
#60156
he was harassing a user both on and off TL, what he said on TL alone was enough for a ban, let alone the evidence from outside.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
August 19 2018 00:39 GMT
#60157
On August 18 2018 11:12 BLinD-RawR wrote:
he was harassing a user both on and off TL, what he said on TL alone was enough for a ban, let alone the evidence from outside.

Classic bananaman. One time he made at least 100 comments total spread over dozens of videos on the channel of a mutual acquaintance, all because he found out there was a cast of him losing a 1v1 from like 2009 on the channel and "he wanted to set the record straight that he wasn't as bad as he looked in the video."
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 19 2018 20:52 GMT
#60158

sc-darkness was just banned by Seeker.

That account was created on 2017-08-15 04:42:15 and had 856 posts.

Reason: I honestly don't feel like you and TL are a good fit. Let's just part ways.


Anyone find the context?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Volband
Profile Joined March 2011
Hungary6034 Posts
August 19 2018 21:26 GMT
#60159
On August 20 2018 05:52 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +

sc-darkness was just banned by Seeker.

That account was created on 2017-08-15 04:42:15 and had 856 posts.

Reason: I honestly don't feel like you and TL are a good fit. Let's just part ways.


Anyone find the context?

I have no idea if it's related, but we had kind of a pm war today.

So I haven't logged into TL for a while and I saw I had a PM, which was strange, because I'm not really part of any group here for people to just PM me. It was from him (sc-darkness), sent to me on June 30th, and it was a question about Tinder. I used to be active in the Dating thread, but not for a long while, and even if he read my older stories, I wasn't sure why exactly would he PM me about such a question when there are clearly more experienced and suave guys in that thread.

Anyway, I jokingly asked him if he was a bot or something, and if he meant to message me, as it may have been a mistake. Then he went all passive-aggressive on me, so I put him in his place, that if he can't even introduce himself when he sends a PM to a stranger, then maybe don't bitch at me if I act surprised. This went on for a while, and first he threatened to report me, then told me he did so. I told him to go ahead, because not only he was the one who started it all, I haven't sent him any PMs that wasn't a reply to his, so I can hardly harass someone who keeps writing letters to me.

"I'm a very secure person, but you just can't stop spamming, can you? Let's see when moderators will shut you up." - his last message.

Even if it's unrelated, it's quite the timing for sure. :D
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-19 21:36:20
August 19 2018 21:33 GMT
#60160
On August 20 2018 06:26 Volband wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2018 05:52 LegalLord wrote:

sc-darkness was just banned by Seeker.

That account was created on 2017-08-15 04:42:15 and had 856 posts.

Reason: I honestly don't feel like you and TL are a good fit. Let's just part ways.


Anyone find the context?

I have no idea if it's related, but we had kind of a pm war today.

So I haven't logged into TL for a while and I saw I had a PM, which was strange, because I'm not really part of any group here for people to just PM me. It was from him (sc-darkness), sent to me on June 30th, and it was a question about Tinder. I used to be active in the Dating thread, but not for a long while, and even if he read my older stories, I wasn't sure why exactly would he PM me about such a question when there are clearly more experienced and suave guys in that thread.

Anyway, I jokingly asked him if he was a bot or something, and if he meant to message me, as it may have been a mistake. Then he went all passive-aggressive on me, so I put him in his place, that if he can't even introduce himself when he sends a PM to a stranger, then maybe don't bitch at me if I act surprised. This went on for a while, and first he threatened to report me, then told me he did so. I told him to go ahead, because not only he was the one who started it all, I haven't sent him any PMs that wasn't a reply to his, so I can hardly harass someone who keeps writing letters to me.

"I'm a very secure person, but you just can't stop spamming, can you? Let's see when moderators will shut you up." - his last message.

Even if it's unrelated, it's quite the timing for sure. :D

It's definitely not unrelated. The PM thing wasn't the only reason as to why he got banned, but it did kind of push everything over the edge.

Here's the really funny part though... Even after a perm ban has happened, a ban can still be overruled and the user can either be unbanned or have their perm ban reduced to a temp ban. But instead of waiting for me to reply to his PM, he straight up goes and reports me to Nazgul and Plexa in hopes of trying to get me in trouble.

Yup... I definitely made the right call.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Prev 1 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
NotJumperer 60
Hyun 60
sorry 54
Bale 34
Noble 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto189
League of Legends
JimRising 531
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7413
Coldzera 728
ceh9435
WinterStarcraft418
C9.Mang0291
Sick136
NeuroSwarm91
olofmeister62
ViBE20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1117
• Jankos453
• Stunt381
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 53m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.