• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:57
CEST 23:57
KST 06:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8541 users

TL Learn Korean Thread - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
snipealot *
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Korea (South)494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 12:17:51
November 01 2012 05:41 GMT
#301
Not that much feedback yet, so no idea how interesting it is. Not that many views yet, but that is fine. I'm doing this for myself and for TL. I just did rather bad on my midterms, but even though I feel slightly down I'll have to do lesson 2 today. Got some friends from Norway coming tomorrow so this is the only possibility I think.

Lesson 2 will go live in 3 hours 20 minutes (6PM KST) - www.twitch.tv/snipealot - I know this is pretty different from last time, but I hope at least some people can join the chat. Asking questions is always good.

Lesson2 문법:

- 을/를
- 으시 / 시 (honorific)
- 고
- 에서

Edit: Youtube up:

Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
November 06 2012 19:11 GMT
#302
Does anyone have suggestions for a good Korean grammar ? I am planning on using the Integrated Korean series to learn, does it contain all I need to know about grammar if I end up buying the six volumes ? Thank you in advance !
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
November 06 2012 19:19 GMT
#303
On November 01 2012 14:41 snipealot wrote:
Not that much feedback yet, so no idea how interesting it is. Not that many views yet, but that is fine. I'm doing this for myself and for TL. I just did rather bad on my midterms, but even though I feel slightly down I'll have to do lesson 2 today. Got some friends from Norway coming tomorrow so this is the only possibility I think.

Lesson 2 will go live in 3 hours 20 minutes (6PM KST) - www.twitch.tv/snipealot - I know this is pretty different from last time, but I hope at least some people can join the chat. Asking questions is always good.

Lesson2 문법:

- 을/를
- 으시 / 시 (honorific)
- 고
- 에서

Edit: Youtube up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDeryRfN_QA


Watching your youtube lesson now, great for vocabulary review, and I'm also picking up some things I haven't learned yet!

Nice video! I'd recommend it for everyone who's wanting to learn even if they're newbie level, it never hurts to listen to and read good Korean even though you don't understand it. It's all about immersion!
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
November 06 2012 20:43 GMT
#304
Finally caught some time to watch your videos! They're very good but I also think it helps that your videos are currently residing more or less at the same level I'm on, so I learn something new here and there and get to review some stuff as well. Keep up the good work!
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
November 06 2012 23:15 GMT
#305
is it advisable to learn hangul first or should i resume with my talk to me in korean.com experience (learning level 1 / 5 right now T_T)
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
November 06 2012 23:23 GMT
#306
Learn hangul first! It helps the learning process so much, rather than learning romanization.
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
snipealot *
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Korea (South)494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 23:30:10
November 06 2012 23:28 GMT
#307
Seconding 'learn hangul' - it takes no time at all to start reading. A bit longer to master, but you don't need to read fast to do lessons on your own. Pause/rewind whenever you need to take your time

Also, I'll be looking to do the third lesson on Monday night. I apologize for the different times, but my schedule is too weird lately.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 19 2012 06:40 GMT
#308
Nice videos, I'll add to the OP
Wambo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany50 Posts
November 19 2012 07:42 GMT
#309
Definitly going to try this. Since i started playing Starcraft 2 i always wanted to learn korean.
we stopped checking for monsters under our bed because we realized they were inside of us - Gil Grissom
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 19 2012 09:44 GMT
#310
On November 19 2012 16:42 Wambo wrote:
Definitly going to try this. Since i started playing Starcraft 2 i always wanted to learn korean.

Reddit.com/r/korean has formed a fairly good learning community since I started this thread.
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
November 19 2012 10:26 GMT
#311
On November 07 2012 04:11 Maluk wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions for a good Korean grammar ? I am planning on using the Integrated Korean series to learn, does it contain all I need to know about grammar if I end up buying the six volumes ? Thank you in advance !


I recommend "Korean Grammar for International Learners" published by Yonsei University Press. It has 5 example sentences for every rule and there is an additional workbook you can buy.
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
November 20 2012 17:09 GMT
#312
Sogang University also has some pretty good learning material.

Here's a question for y'all:

I'm looking into the possibility of going to summer school or something in Korea next year. Is it something any of you have done and what can you say about it? Oh, and what school/program/classes did you attend?
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 21 2012 19:45 GMT
#313
On November 21 2012 02:09 Left4Cookies wrote:
Sogang University also has some pretty good learning material.

Here's a question for y'all:

I'm looking into the possibility of going to summer school or something in Korea next year. Is it something any of you have done and what can you say about it? Oh, and what school/program/classes did you attend?

I know numerous people from my university that went to Yonsei, and generally had a very positive experience with the summer program, although they characterized the non-korean classes as far less than intensive.
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
November 21 2012 21:15 GMT
#314
On November 22 2012 04:45 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 02:09 Left4Cookies wrote:
Sogang University also has some pretty good learning material.

Here's a question for y'all:

I'm looking into the possibility of going to summer school or something in Korea next year. Is it something any of you have done and what can you say about it? Oh, and what school/program/classes did you attend?

I know numerous people from my university that went to Yonsei, and generally had a very positive experience with the summer program, although they characterized the non-korean classes as far less than intensive.


Oh, well, we'll see. Applications should come up some time in January for next years summer schools, so I'll look into it by then. I expect to be butchered this upcoming Spring semester, so a less than intensive course during summer isn't something I'm going to lose sleep over
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-22 02:05:17
November 21 2012 22:06 GMT
#315
ㅋㅋ 이거 지금 처음 봤네
내가 고등학교때 스타 때문에 한국어를 때로때로 배웠었는데
재작년 연세대에 여름학기 다니느라 서울에 이개월 동안 살았고
금년 2월부터는 한국말을 다시 열심히 배우는게 시작햇다
내 생각하기에 만약 외국인들이 한국말 잘하고싶다면 한국친구들이랑 자주 얘기해야되는거 같아
한국어를 혼자서 공부하는건 충분하지않자나
한국인처럼 한국말 잘하려면 한국친구들 만들고 걔들이랑 한국말로만 자주 대화하면 돼
그렇게 하면 빨리 배울거야~
나는 한국인 어학원생이 많은 뉴욕에 가까이 살아서 행운있지 ㅋ
만약에 내가 무슨말하는지 알아듣고 친구할래면 피엠으로 메시지를 보내줘서 내 카톡아이디를 알려줄게
한국말 배운거 도와줄 친구나 똑같은 수준 친구가 있으면 좋겠으니까
좋은 하루~
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
December 11 2012 10:08 GMT
#316
Someone on Amazon is trying to make money off of free TTMIK lessons:

Amazon scam
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
mokumoku
Profile Joined January 2012
157 Posts
December 11 2012 13:32 GMT
#317
In!

Going to start learning Korean, i heard it has an easy alphabet.
After Korean i want to learn Japanese.

Probably going to start off with some YouTube videos and I'll see where that leads me.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
December 11 2012 13:54 GMT
#318
I am a Chinese student. Does Korean use Hanja a lot? What is the intended purpose of it? I understand the Japanese adopted it and used the Chinese characters, Kanji, just for their writing while their phonetics are the same. Are their names in Hanja?
Master Chief
Crazysane
Profile Joined December 2010
United States28 Posts
December 11 2012 14:36 GMT
#319
Native Korean here with perfect English w/o accent.

What makes people want to learn Korean so much? Is it just because starcraft e-sports is centered in Korea and people want to occasionally talk to native Koreans in their language? Is it to possibly meet a Korean pro gamer and have a chat with him in Korean? I'm just curious why someone would take the effort to learn a language they may use just slightly.

However, if the person is constantly surrounded by a Korean environment and/or has a high appreciation for the language (not saying everyone else doesn't have an appreciation for it) I guess those are worthwhile reasons to learn Korean.
"내가 꽃샀으니까 네가 밥사"
Crazysane
Profile Joined December 2010
United States28 Posts
December 11 2012 14:43 GMT
#320
On December 11 2012 22:54 Pucca wrote:
I am a Chinese student. Does Korean use Hanja a lot? What is the intended purpose of it? I understand the Japanese adopted it and used the Chinese characters, Kanji, just for their writing while their phonetics are the same. Are their names in Hanja?


Although I haven't studied Korean in Korea, I can tell you that Koreans use Hanja just as much as Japanese do. Although our writing system doesn't have an equivalent to the Kanji of Japanese, many Korean words are derivatives of Chinese Hanja. For example, 音 which is Chinese for 'sound' (I'm sure you already know this, you're Chinese) is known by all Koreans despite not using the actual Chinese writing. Japanese however use the writing in Kanji 音 and its read as おん. So you can kind of say that Japanese probably have a slightly larger Chinese vocabulary because they use the actual characters daily while Koreans don't have that system. They instead have their own alphabet but because they are derived similarly, some よみ (readings) are similar. For example, 山 is read as さん (san) but in Korean its read as 산 which is read as san as well but with a slightly less stressed s sound.
"내가 꽃샀으니까 네가 밥사"
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O139
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 138
PiGStarcraft45
Nina 32
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14483
Dewaltoss 140
ZZZero.O 139
firebathero 99
Hyuk 82
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm82
febbydoto52
League of Legends
Doublelift2817
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5901
Other Games
summit1g6574
FrodaN2333
fl0m804
mouzStarbuck369
KnowMe271
ToD236
JimRising 155
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King44
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 51
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 19
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur243
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 3m
INu's Battles
14h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 3m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.