• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:09
CEST 17:09
KST 00:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7317 users

The Rekrul Korea Story - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
January 09 2005 08:56 GMT
#161
On January 09 2005 11:19 Ack1027 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows [ anyone older than 12 ] that progaming is not for foreigners. Maybe it's something genetic


Girly fingers?

Actually, I think it is a pretty ridiculous comment, as koreans outside of korea never made it pro either. Aren't Koreans the same genetically as Chinese, also? (I was told this somewhere, don't kill me if I'm wrong) No one foreign, I think I can safely say, ever put anywhere near the time and effort as the majority of the pros. Korea also has the largest Starcraft pool to find talent and culture. For cultural reasons, few people outside of Korea want to make this kind of effort at a computer game.
wtf was that signature
LetMeBeWithYou
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada4254 Posts
January 09 2005 09:08 GMT
#162
On January 09 2005 17:56 Servolisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 11:19 Ack1027 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows [ anyone older than 12 ] that progaming is not for foreigners. Maybe it's something genetic


Girly fingers?

Actually, I think it is a pretty ridiculous comment, as koreans outside of korea never made it pro either. Aren't Koreans the same genetically as Chinese, also? (I was told this somewhere, don't kill me if I'm wrong) No one foreign, I think I can safely say, ever put anywhere near the time and effort as the majority of the pros. Korea also has the largest Starcraft pool to find talent and culture. For cultural reasons, few people outside of Korea want to make this kind of effort at a computer game.


yes we used to own korea
All Those beneath an angry star
Kasper
Profile Joined September 2004
Denmark91 Posts
January 09 2005 09:09 GMT
#163
I have thought about going there. I mean I can play poker from anywhere in the world anyway, and korea seems pretty neat Perhaps i can talk a friend into coming with me.

How much is an appartment there?
Fester
Profile Joined February 2003
Australia260 Posts
January 09 2005 09:22 GMT
#164
ill write up a post about all this when i get around to it =/
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-09 10:11:04
January 09 2005 10:10 GMT
#165
On January 09 2005 17:56 Servolisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 11:19 Ack1027 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows [ anyone older than 12 ] that progaming is not for foreigners. Maybe it's something genetic


Girly fingers?

Actually, I think it is a pretty ridiculous comment, as koreans outside of korea never made it pro either. Aren't Koreans the same genetically as Chinese, also? (I was told this somewhere, don't kill me if I'm wrong) No one foreign, I think I can safely say, ever put anywhere near the time and effort as the majority of the pros. Korea also has the largest Starcraft pool to find talent and culture. For cultural reasons, few people outside of Korea want to make this kind of effort at a computer game.


Okay, I worded that incorrectly. Koreans who have grown up in Korea. By the way, I continue in my original post to talk about the culture...

And please, don't compare Korean genetics to Chinese genetics, that is insulting.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-09 10:13:24
January 09 2005 10:13 GMT
#166
On January 09 2005 15:52 Archon_Wing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 15:28 Ack1027 wrote:
Elky was successful. Yeah okay. Keep telling yourself that.


4th place in Starleague is not succesful enough for you?



4th place is nothing simply because he had no chance at #1.

Anyone who places top 4 in today's starleagues could easily be interchanged in positioning.

Example: Yellow, Reach, Oov, Boxer. EVER OSL
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
January 09 2005 10:24 GMT
#167
Dan, that was a beautiful post man. Just beautiful.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
January 09 2005 10:25 GMT
#168
On January 09 2005 19:13 Ack1027 wrote:
4th place is nothing simply because he had no chance at #1.

That's ridiculous. Are you even 4th best at anything in this world? Yeah... didn't think so. Being top 4 is very very good.
lastprobeALIVE
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States975 Posts
January 09 2005 10:47 GMT
#169
I liked reading your WCG thread, and this just makes it better, thanks a lot
when in doubt DT out
0_0
Profile Joined April 2004
United States2090 Posts
January 09 2005 10:55 GMT
#170
Yeah, its something about the culture, you can't help but notice that Ack has a point...

However... there is absolutely nothing genetically that makes Koreans superior to others at this game. I'm almost certain of this lol... and yes, if you trace it back far enough, basically we all came from monkeys okay, and Asians are similiar, just like Europeans are similiar to each other, and Africans are similiar to each other. There is no denying that.

I think it comes down to the culture, or actually, most likely there are so few foreigners(compared to Koreans) that play the game at a professional level.

If you look at Korean amateurs, for every Boxer - level - progamer there are at least 10 Korean amateurs fighting to get enough money to live off, if not more, most of those will never make it big time... Its a fact of life, or should I say starcraft?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33704 Posts
January 09 2005 11:24 GMT
#171
On January 09 2005 19:10 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 17:56 Servolisk wrote:
On January 09 2005 11:19 Ack1027 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows [ anyone older than 12 ] that progaming is not for foreigners. Maybe it's something genetic


Girly fingers?

Actually, I think it is a pretty ridiculous comment, as koreans outside of korea never made it pro either. Aren't Koreans the same genetically as Chinese, also? (I was told this somewhere, don't kill me if I'm wrong) No one foreign, I think I can safely say, ever put anywhere near the time and effort as the majority of the pros. Korea also has the largest Starcraft pool to find talent and culture. For cultural reasons, few people outside of Korea want to make this kind of effort at a computer game.


Okay, I worded that incorrectly. Koreans who have grown up in Korea. By the way, I continue in my original post to talk about the culture...

And please, don't compare Korean genetics to Chinese genetics, that is insulting.


that kind of outspoken racism is pretty disgusting

can we ban for that?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Izenra
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada679 Posts
January 09 2005 11:38 GMT
#172
d'uh we are mostly all the same genetic.
we have like 98 % similar with monkey( i think)
Imagine how much between two human.

But black are black cause they live in hot sunny place
But asian are asian cause , same as black, the environnement.
And like me white, same, cuz of environnent.

Omg i hope no nazi here :\

''dont compare Korean genetics to Chinese genetics, that insulting'''

wow... what did chinese did to you?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
January 09 2005 11:44 GMT
#173
yo ack i heard your real dad is chinese :/



*bickity bam* !
ViCiouSRaGe
Profile Joined December 2004
United States14 Posts
January 09 2005 11:46 GMT
#174
I am Ack's real father, and yes I am Chinese. Do not let Ack fool you!
Omahahaha: DOES THAT EVEN ****ING MAKE SENSE
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
January 09 2005 11:53 GMT
#175
On January 09 2005 20:24 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 19:10 Ack1027 wrote:
On January 09 2005 17:56 Servolisk wrote:
On January 09 2005 11:19 Ack1027 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows [ anyone older than 12 ] that progaming is not for foreigners. Maybe it's something genetic


Girly fingers?

Actually, I think it is a pretty ridiculous comment, as koreans outside of korea never made it pro either. Aren't Koreans the same genetically as Chinese, also? (I was told this somewhere, don't kill me if I'm wrong) No one foreign, I think I can safely say, ever put anywhere near the time and effort as the majority of the pros. Korea also has the largest Starcraft pool to find talent and culture. For cultural reasons, few people outside of Korea want to make this kind of effort at a computer game.


Okay, I worded that incorrectly. Koreans who have grown up in Korea. By the way, I continue in my original post to talk about the culture...

And please, don't compare Korean genetics to Chinese genetics, that is insulting.


that kind of outspoken racism is pretty disgusting

can we ban for that?


I dunno man, Americans get bashed on a daily basis so we should ban half the members?

As well, Chinese/Korean = same race = different nationality.
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
January 09 2005 12:11 GMT
#176
uh, 9 pages already, damn, not going to comment on any of those though, Im glad you had a great experience in South Korea and im pleased to hear you're going to stay for a while. Sad to see u2 broke up. Guess she only dates the pros See if u can get in touch with elky's old girl friend, man she was so hot >_<. Anyways, GL and i hope ur investing the earnings from Poker, cause, honestly you're not always gonna win at poker, i know there are systems and ways to negate the losing aspect of you, but sometimes you just lose and lose. Never bet more than u can afford to lose, and i mean that. GL
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
January 09 2005 12:16 GMT
#177
Geesus christ, looks like our foreign gamers have been following Hollywood's model for long lasting relationships. Doesn't anyone stay together for long in Korea?

By the by, did ya nail her??
loztdignity
Profile Joined September 2004
Sweden176 Posts
January 09 2005 12:47 GMT
#178
very good and interesting post indeed. You seem to be very mature and intelligent, and its good that you shed some light on how extremely hard it is to be a pro-gamer. Especially when you come from outside of Korea and perhaps are not aware of the extremely high skill level the korean pros AND amateurs have.

Then again, I think and extremely motivated and dedicated person could make it. But as you said, it would require endless practising, and not many ppl would do that. Sure, maybe in ther minds thinking its easy and all great fun. But I think actually doing it is truly a whole different thing. Playing 10+ hours every day. Living only for one thing, ONLY for starcraft. Think about it.

Good job. Good luck with your future and poker sucks
no thx.
karelen
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2407 Posts
January 09 2005 12:48 GMT
#179
well good luck with everything rek, nothing much more to add after 9 pages
zzzzzz
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
January 09 2005 12:51 GMT
#180
props to you rek; good read.
live, learn and have fun.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1032
ComeBackTV 838
SteadfastSC753
TaKeTV 516
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 753
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 148
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 4
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48908
Bisu 2058
Horang2 1198
EffOrt 1019
Soma 597
Hyuk 596
BeSt 533
Shuttle 492
Mini 480
Light 433
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
ZerO 198
Rush 184
Leta 88
Mong 79
firebathero 76
910 59
Snow 55
Pusan 46
Sexy 45
ToSsGirL 32
JYJ 27
Bale 27
Aegong 27
Trap 26
Terrorterran 21
Rock 16
Shine 16
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc7828
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1547
Khaldor1298
Lowko472
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1220
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo433
Livibee203
Hui .196
Liquid`VortiX150
ArmadaUGS131
XaKoH 129
KnowMe114
QueenE82
Mew2King78
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 24
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 52m
Online Event
19h 52m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.