• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:59
CEST 17:59
KST 00:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8264 users

The Rekrul Korea Story - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
January 09 2005 13:41 GMT
#181
On January 09 2005 21:16 gg_hertzz wrote:
Geesus christ, looks like our foreign gamers have been following Hollywood's model for long lasting relationships. Doesn't anyone stay together for long in Korea?

By the by, did ya nail her??


yo reks a playa u dont need to ask that

(for real)
Protine
Profile Joined November 2004
Sweden29 Posts
January 09 2005 14:33 GMT
#182
Good and informative story.. very nice GL~
Pgtour replay admin.
TheGoliath
Profile Joined September 2004
United States682 Posts
January 09 2005 14:34 GMT
#183
china ruled korea for quite a long time if i am not mistaken, koreans are still pissed i'm assuming?

i really doubt genetics mean shit for gaming skill
goliaths are awesome because they kill evil carriers - yay i have internet at my home now ^_^
HooTie
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States177 Posts
January 09 2005 14:43 GMT
#184
Very interesting, was neat to hear about its like. Gl with poker and i think u made a good decision.
HooT HooT
ZyPhReX
Profile Joined January 2003
1192 Posts
January 09 2005 15:30 GMT
#185
Best post I've ever read in my life. Nostalgic, in a way. Good luck Rek.
Ghost Me
HowitZer
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1610 Posts
January 09 2005 16:00 GMT
#186
After reading that post I feel like I'm not so blind to the progaming scene in Korea anymore. It takes a pretty powerful post to open someone's eyes like that.
Human teleportation, molecular decimation, breakdown and reformation is inherently purging. It makes a man acute.
Sky101
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States1758 Posts
January 09 2005 16:20 GMT
#187
Ack you're just disgusting, I hope you will someday get molested by a Chinese man who has 10+ STDs on himself.
Peter, Dang, pm me!!!
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
January 09 2005 16:34 GMT
#188
Rekrul:
I guess the experience helped you to grow up a little bit.
I think it was a hard way, but probably not the worst one (but a risky one?).

Nevertheless, if I were you I would be careful with this poker business. Don't get too addicted and don't forget about your afore mentioned goals. Getting educated is more important than you might imagine. Don't miss that path, you might regret it.

You probably won't give a d*** about my words here, but I write them anyways . I think you are an intelligent young fellow, but probably lack some guidance or goals. It - in a way - remembers me of myself (ten years ago).
Take care.

Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
(orky)oTTeR
Profile Joined April 2004
France180 Posts
January 09 2005 16:52 GMT
#189
Poker's god's gift to starcraft players.
No Banning yo, I want to react.
TheGoliath
Profile Joined September 2004
United States682 Posts
January 09 2005 16:54 GMT
#190
i should say this again?

rekrul makes _on average_ _one thousand dollars per night_ at poker. most people can't make that in a week.

he'll turn that kind of money down for an education when he's good and ready
goliaths are awesome because they kill evil carriers - yay i have internet at my home now ^_^
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
January 09 2005 17:43 GMT
#191
tress you're a loser

as for the whole
life comments
do whatever you feel will give you the ultimate amount of enjoyment without making other people feel bad.

it really is that simple.
Moderator
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
January 09 2005 18:23 GMT
#192
this ack guy is an idiot
in about 40 years China will > Korea in just about every aspect. probably progaming too.
Team Liquid
As.I.Lay.Dying
Profile Joined December 2004
United States456 Posts
January 09 2005 18:27 GMT
#193
Good Post Rekrul, keep up the good work in life, you made the right decision.
Brood War, helping out my everlasting fight against the sun.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-09 18:32:16
January 09 2005 18:31 GMT
#194
Wow guys. I'm sorry I punctuated wrong or something. I was in no way implying that Koreans > Chinese. I am fully aware that in the region of asia most genetics are very similar. I meant it was insulting to him and me stating something obvious and I said ' Maybe it's genetics ' as a haha joke.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-09 18:39:27
January 09 2005 18:37 GMT
#195
On January 09 2005 19:25 Klogon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2005 19:13 Ack1027 wrote:
4th place is nothing simply because he had no chance at #1.

That's ridiculous. Are you even 4th best at anything in this world? Yeah... didn't think so. Being top 4 is very very good.


Okay, and you have never said anyone who had placed 4th in things you pay attention to don't suck? And technically, I am not Elkys age therefore I haven't had enough time to ' become 4th best at anything in this world ' Now I'm not going to be ignorant and say I will be, but if you're going to ask...

I think it comes down to opinion. Elky was a one-hit wonder and I don't count that as successful if it doesn't allow the person to enjoy their winnings from that one event for a while. [ In starcraft time ] and yes we were talking about success in starcraft.
Phantom
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada2151 Posts
January 09 2005 19:08 GMT
#196
On January 10 2005 03:23 ret wrote:
this ack guy is an idiot
in about 40 years China will > Korea in just about every aspect. probably progaming too.


china is not a true communist country!!! ARGH! And true soon china will own korea, but i still think korea is better for a few other reason ^^

I'd wonder what it'd be like if Rekurl moved to China for progaming instead...
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/members/Phantom
ArCNeON(TE)
Profile Joined August 2004
Finland134 Posts
January 09 2005 19:11 GMT
#197
Strange... This post had a msg inside "its 99.9% impossible for YOU to succeed in progaming career", and that made me want it even more :/ Everything you wrote here fits me perfectly... I'm still practicing hard and still have ambhibition to play this game harder & harder and I still have some crazy dreams being a progamer... If I would get to be a progamer... I could finaly quit this fucking stupid school im going now which is just fucking useless (except the diplom you get from there :D) and I would be able to train 10+h a day... its a fact :/ I'm a true sc gamer and I surely would love an apportunity like you had rek :/ ... Well i gtg do some jobs now ... school sucks yO!

Goodluck rek, I think u made a vice decicion trough your feelings
San Francisco, here I come! =)
Gnuym
Profile Joined December 2004
Korea (South)129 Posts
January 09 2005 20:24 GMT
#198
--- Nuked ---
ROFLCOPTER~~~~
dork
Profile Joined September 2003
Canada2207 Posts
January 09 2005 20:44 GMT
#199
very nice read rek, i'd just like to wish you goodluck with your future plans
staring at the world through the rear view
ObsoleteLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3676 Posts
January 09 2005 20:48 GMT
#200
For anyone getting crazy ideas of moving off to Korea on their own, all I have to say is remember KiD[ReD].

Yeah.
sMi.Silent // Siz)Silent
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1283
ComeBackTV 1021
SteadfastSC778
TaKeTV 527
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex153
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 153
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44859
Bisu 2388
EffOrt 983
Shuttle 591
Mini 486
BeSt 471
Soma 435
Light 434
Larva 367
ZerO 206
[ Show more ]
Rush 199
Hyuk 163
firebathero 79
Mong 63
910 62
Pusan 57
Snow 53
Sexy 42
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Trap 29
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 20
Shine 19
Rock 16
yabsab 11
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8760
qojqva1070
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 822
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1613
Khaldor1154
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee196
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe123
XaKoH 118
QueenE87
Mew2King75
DeMusliM57
ZerO(Twitch)14
CosmosSc2 4
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 36
• mYiSmile130
• StrangeGG 30
• Gemini_19 12
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• Michael_bg 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3374
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 2m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 2m
Online Event
19h 2m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.