• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:08
CEST 20:08
KST 03:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8095 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 4

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 651 652 653 Next
iloveroo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada294 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 01:05:43
October 16 2011 01:03 GMT
#61
I notice that my video card temperature seems a bit high for just browsing the internet and/or watching streams. It stays around 50-55C.
I was wondering is it suppose to be this high while browsing the internet and watching streams?
Does cable management really reduce temperatures within my tower? And by how much?
Edit: When I do close my internet the temperature of my video card does drop to about 45C, kind of confused.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
October 16 2011 01:09 GMT
#62
You didn't specify a video card or tower so how are we suppose to know? If it's a recent card than yes it's high, if it's an older card than no it isn't high. Streams does put load on your GPU and that's why you see an increase in temperature.
iloveroo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada294 Posts
October 16 2011 01:35 GMT
#63
ops sorry was writing this as I was watching idra vs marineking.
The video card I have is a sapphire radeon 6850 1gb, tower is haf 912.
I did build my computer about half a year ago
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
October 16 2011 01:54 GMT
#64
Idle temperatures are also dependent on ambient temperatures so I can't really comment on whether 45c is high or not. If you feel that its high or care about idle temperature for whatever reason, you can try cleaning the card out with compressed air. HAF 912 is full of mesh so I don't see how airflow can be a concern even if your cable management is non-existent.
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
October 21 2011 06:08 GMT
#65
So i'm wondering if the Nintendo DSi can support an R4 card so that I can download games (that I own) to play on? Myers in Australia are getting rid of the Nintendo DSi for like $99 so yea lol
John Madden
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
American Samoa894 Posts
October 21 2011 12:00 GMT
#66
On October 21 2011 15:08 me_viet wrote:
So i'm wondering if the Nintendo DSi can support an R4 card so that I can download games (that I own) to play on? Myers in Australia are getting rid of the Nintendo DSi for like $99 so yea lol

Yes but get the right type of R4
FOOTBALL
hyunGGe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States108 Posts
October 23 2011 22:20 GMT
#67
I have a question, which specs are better, HP Envy 14 or HP dv6t Quad core? also anyone owns these computers? do they feel? (heat, keyboard, typing, etc?)

Envy 14 -$950 Specs
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1
1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6630 switchable Graphics [HDMI, Mini Display Port]
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)
14.5" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Infinity LED Display (1366x768)

HP dv6t Quad core -$900 Specs
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080)
Jugem-Jugem Shit-Tossing The Life Of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fezalion Isaac Schneider 1/3True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish This Is a Different Dog
CharlieBrownsc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada598 Posts
October 23 2011 22:45 GMT
#68
On October 24 2011 07:20 hyunGGe wrote:
I have a question, which specs are better, HP Envy 14 or HP dv6t Quad core? also anyone owns these computers? do they feel? (heat, keyboard, typing, etc?)

Envy 14 -$950 Specs
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1
1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6630 switchable Graphics [HDMI, Mini Display Port]
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)
14.5" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Infinity LED Display (1366x768)

HP dv6t Quad core -$900 Specs
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080)


Second one is better, although HP has dicontinued their dv6 line (hinges break a lot)
SC2 ID: CharlieBrown.318, #1 bitbybit.Prime fan
TexDrum
Profile Joined September 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 20:39:23
October 24 2011 00:06 GMT
#69
+ Show Spoiler +
How good would the quality be on a laptop with an i5 480M (2.66 ghz) and an HD 6550, on 1600x900 resolution? Also, there are 4 gb memory, if it matters.

Edit: That, and also an i5 2430M (2.4 ghz) with 6 GB memory and a GT 555M at 1366x768?


Edit: I don't think i5 on a mobile will be good for sc2, although I guess I could be wrong.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 24 2011 00:09 GMT
#70
Not too good quality. Like how do you mean? you'd be looking at playing SC2 on low.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TexDrum
Profile Joined September 2011
United States67 Posts
October 24 2011 00:12 GMT
#71
On October 24 2011 09:09 Shikyo wrote:
Not too good quality. Like how do you mean? you'd be looking at playing SC2 on low.


Alright thanks. What about the other one?

I know that 1366x768 is a really bad resolution as far as gaming goes, but I have been using that res for 4 years and its sufficient for me at least.
kunstderfugue
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico375 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 22:12:24
October 24 2011 21:54 GMT
#72
I accidentally deleted my mspaint.exe; and didn't notice until now. Is there any way i can get it back?

I run Windos XP SP3, so i'm looking for that particular version.

EDIT: I already Googled my way through it. Sorry for the unnecesary question.
Old lamps for new!
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
October 25 2011 00:19 GMT
#73
You can probably readd it somewhere in the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs options.
Juvant
Profile Joined April 2011
United States723 Posts
October 25 2011 03:09 GMT
#74
Perhaps someone can help me with this?

I'm not sure what I changed, but about a week ago whenever I would hit expand on a quoted post on this forum, my browser will go back to the top of the page.

If anyone could help, I would be eternally in your debt. It's quite annoying having to scroll back down to find the post I was viewing.
HavokTheorem
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
New Zealand250 Posts
October 25 2011 03:41 GMT
#75
On October 25 2011 12:09 Juvant wrote:
Perhaps someone can help me with this?

I'm not sure what I changed, but about a week ago whenever I would hit expand on a quoted post on this forum, my browser will go back to the top of the page.

If anyone could help, I would be eternally in your debt. It's quite annoying having to scroll back down to find the post I was viewing.


I don't know of a fix for this, but it seems like a javascript glitch. Check to see if it does that in other browsers and perhaps update your preferred browser.
Also check to see if 'enable javascript' is turned on in your browser settings. It is unlikely, but there is always a chance that it is turned off.
The truth does not require your approval.
LocusCoeruleus
Profile Joined June 2010
Norway32 Posts
October 27 2011 17:57 GMT
#76
I'm studying abroad in the USA and my worklaptop just stopped working. I'm considering buying a stationary since the one I've got in back home is getting rather old and electronics is so cheap here.

Does anybody know how I can ship a computer safely and cheap from america to europe?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
October 27 2011 19:28 GMT
#77
You can ship it by freight which I think is quite expensive or if it's relatively small, you can take it on the plane with you or you can dissemble it and ship the parts individually. If you're shipping it whole, it's important to remove the graphics card and heatsink as they're quite heavy and isn't supported well during transit.
TexDrum
Profile Joined September 2011
United States67 Posts
October 27 2011 20:41 GMT
#78
How well will an i7-2630QM and 6-8gb memory run SC2 with an HD 6770? Or a GT 555M? Also, are either of those two parts disproportionate to the other, meaning I need one weaker or stronger to fix it?

On resolutions 1366x768, and 1600x900. I'm looking to get a laptop that I can use for games as well (I have a desktop now)
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
October 27 2011 20:46 GMT
#79
On October 28 2011 05:41 TexDrum wrote:
How well will an i7-2630QM and 6-8gb memory run SC2 with an HD 6770? Or a GT 555M? Also, are either of those two parts disproportionate to the other, meaning I need one weaker or stronger to fix it?

On resolutions 1366x768, and 1600x900. I'm looking to get a laptop that I can use for games as well (I have a desktop now)


you'll probably be able to run in in full settings at moderate graphic quality, if not maxxed settings
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 20:57:12
October 27 2011 20:56 GMT
#80
On October 28 2011 05:41 TexDrum wrote:
How well will an i7-2630QM and 6-8gb memory run SC2 with an HD 6770? Or a GT 555M? Also, are either of those two parts disproportionate to the other, meaning I need one weaker or stronger to fix it?

On resolutions 1366x768, and 1600x900. I'm looking to get a laptop that I can use for games as well (I have a desktop now)


You will be able to run @ 1366x768 with "High" settings, at 46.4 fps

Source:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-XPS-17-Notebook-i7-2630QM-GT-555M.51949.0.html

Control+F for "Starcraft 2", and go to the second result. That is just about the identical system that you are describing. If not, the same.

Edit: I just googled GT-555M and found your answer, so I don't think this is a "Simple Question" :-P
C r u m b l i n g
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 651 652 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1033
ComeBackTV 931
TaKeTV 573
SteadfastSC554
LamboSC2359
IndyStarCraft 212
Rex108
EnkiAlexander 72
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 554
LamboSC2 359
mouzHeroMarine 339
IndyStarCraft 212
ProTech134
Rex 108
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24720
firebathero 212
Rush 127
ToSsGirL 37
Trap 22
Sexy 22
Bale 19
Shine 17
Djem5 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7263
qojqva1758
420jenkins149
monkeys_forever19
Counter-Strike
fl0m1620
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1894
crisheroes1150
Liquid`Hasu607
XaKoH 156
MindelVK18
Other Games
Grubby2216
FrodaN785
ceh9743
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS203
KnowMe153
Hui .145
QueenE133
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr81
Mew2King64
Dewaltoss55
byalli9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix12
• 80smullet 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2366
League of Legends
• TFBlade1170
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• WagamamaTV262
• Shiphtur256
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 52m
Stellar Fest
18h 52m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.