• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7892 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 651 652 653 Next
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
June 23 2011 14:52 GMT
#21
On June 23 2011 16:46 mahnini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 16:43 BryanSC wrote:
May anyone suggest a good, reliable defragging program with a progress indicator (text or graphical) that is compatible with Vista?

defraggler works pretty well last time i checked

I second this. Defraggler is awesome.
Baltor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-25 00:07:17
June 24 2011 23:58 GMT
#22
Edit: NVM, found the answer online. Sorry for the wasteful post.
BigBadBeaver
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada272 Posts
July 14 2011 22:31 GMT
#23
So I turned off mobile mode for teamliquid on my phone. How do I turn it back on? Thanks
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
July 14 2011 22:34 GMT
#24
Anyone know how to see what resolution is being broadcast on justin.tv streams that are archived? For example slayers_dragon or huk's stream, when I go to their justin.tv channels and click an archived broadcast, there isn't an option to change resolution (360p, 480p, 720p, 720p+) in the bottom right like there is when they live broadcast.

I want to know, when I watch these archived streams:

1) What resolution are they saved/being broadcast in when I watch them after they are over (archived)?

2) Is there a way I can set them to 360p? I can't watch above that for bandwidth reasons.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
July 28 2011 21:52 GMT
#25
I have a dual screen setup and a problem where ctrl+1 and crtl+2 switch the screen and exit me out of starcraft (or any program full screened)...

[image loading]

As you can see I have the hotkeys turned off on my screens and I have gone through all the options and haven't seen anything pertaining to these hotkeys setup. Does anyone know where else I can go to fix this?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Madoga
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands471 Posts
July 28 2011 22:05 GMT
#26
On June 23 2011 23:52 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 16:46 mahnini wrote:
On June 23 2011 16:43 BryanSC wrote:
May anyone suggest a good, reliable defragging program with a progress indicator (text or graphical) that is compatible with Vista?

defraggler works pretty well last time i checked

I second this. Defraggler is awesome.


I vote for IObit Smart Defrag 2. Its way faster and has more options.
BlissX1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States328 Posts
August 02 2011 18:02 GMT
#27
Help me get a korean SC2 account please
XtremeOneZ 4 Life Bliss[x.1]
SleepTech
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States222 Posts
September 04 2011 03:03 GMT
#28
Sorry about the new thread. I'll post it here instead.

I googled 'Is it ok to turn off your computer or leave it on' and came up with nearly the same answers throughout the page, with most being dated back to 2006.

Basically, they said do whatever you feel like doing.

So in all your tech wisdom, Tech Support Forum, how would you answer the question?

Is it really ok to turn off you computer all the time or just leave it on? I know if you leave it on your electricity bill will go up, but is it any better for your computer to keep all your parts running?

I had heard somewhere that it takes more power to turn on your computer every day then to just leave it on 24/7. Any truth to that?
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
September 04 2011 03:24 GMT
#29
Would a GTX 560 ti be bottlenecked by a Core 2 Quad Q6600 cpu (2.4 ghz)/4gb ram?
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 03:34:56
September 04 2011 03:33 GMT
#30
My Quad Q6600 bottlenecked my 5770 even at 1680x1050.

Leaving your computer on generates heat, which as Jingle taught me, heat degrades electronic components. No one actually cares about the difference of leaving your computer on overnight (which state? Sleep, Hibernate, etc.) and turning it on.
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
September 04 2011 04:06 GMT
#31
On September 04 2011 12:33 epikAnglory wrote:
My Quad Q6600 bottlenecked my 5770 even at 1680x1050.


what do you mean "even at 1680x1050"

I run my monitor at 1024x768, which I guess isn't very impressive. Anyway by bottlenecking you mean it maxes all the cores out?
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
September 04 2011 04:50 GMT
#32
No its slowing down the potential of the 5770, as my 5770 couldn't even run on High over 40 FPS at 1680x1050. Btw a GTX 560 TI is overkill for your resolution, I would just get a GT 440, GTS 450, or ATI 5770.
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 04 2011 05:05 GMT
#33
Is there any real reason to upgrade from Win7 Prof to Win7 Ultimate? Apparently I can download Win7 Ult from school for free (legally, too), so I am thinking if it is worth the effort.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
September 04 2011 05:13 GMT
#34
If you don't have to backup any files it is worth it, but if you have to re-install a bunch of programs, backup important files/pictures, then probably not.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
September 04 2011 05:41 GMT
#35
On September 04 2011 12:03 SleepTech wrote:+ Show Spoiler +
Sorry about the new thread. I'll post it here instead.

I googled 'Is it ok to turn off your computer or leave it on' and came up with nearly the same answers throughout the page, with most being dated back to 2006.

Basically, they said do whatever you feel like doing.

So in all your tech wisdom, Tech Support Forum, how would you answer the question?

Is it really ok to turn off you computer all the time or just leave it on? I know if you leave it on your electricity bill will go up, but is it any better for your computer to keep all your parts running?

I had heard somewhere that it takes more power to turn on your computer every day then to just leave it on 24/7. Any truth to that?


It's arguable. Leaving it on will wear out components such as fans and harddrives faster since they're be spinning constantly. Turning it off will result in temperature and power fluctuations which will wear out the other components such as the CPU and GPU faster. Blahblahblah.

And unless you turn your computer on and off multiple times throughout the day (this is just stupid so don't do it), I highly doubt it would use more power than the power required to leave it running 24/7...

It's exactly what you googled. It comes down to the individual's habits that determines whether they should shut down or leave it on 24/7. If the individual goes out the majority of the day / go on vacation, don't use computer often, or can't sleep at nigiht due to it being on than it's better to shut it off. If the individual is the opposite and on private trackers, folds, hosts servers, needs instant messsaging / mirc, or use the computer for everything than it would be better to leave it on 24/7.

Hibernate, sleep? Lol still broken.
annYeong(o11)
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada784 Posts
September 04 2011 05:47 GMT
#36
my keyboard randomly switched to dvorak mid game just as my opponent was pushing with marine tank. I died. Hard. I was trying to get it into dvorak last week when I was thinking of switching, but after trying gave it up as too much effort with too little pay out.

My keyboard is stuck in dvorak in starcraft and I was wondering how to get it back to qwerty.
Founder of the KiWiKaKi Fanclub: teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188537 my keyboard is like half broken. like terran. please ignore typos, thanks
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 04 2011 06:46 GMT
#37
On September 04 2011 14:13 epikAnglory wrote:
If you don't have to backup any files it is worth it, but if you have to re-install a bunch of programs, backup important files/pictures, then probably not.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare


Thanks for that awesome chart. I guess I am not upgrading... I don't have much to backup (I use Linux mostly), but I can understand none of the "extra" features to justify this.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
c1pher
Profile Joined August 2011
4 Posts
September 04 2011 07:14 GMT
#38
Can the i7-2630QM for laptops run Starcraft 2 without lag in late game situations with low graphic settings assuming a mid ranged GPU ie. GT 425M?
CharlieBrownsc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada598 Posts
September 04 2011 07:22 GMT
#39
On September 04 2011 16:14 c1pher wrote:
Can the i7-2630QM for laptops run Starcraft 2 without lag in late game situations with low graphic settings assuming a mid ranged GPU ie. GT 425M?


I have a laptop with a 2630QM and gt555m (i'd call that midrange)

I run on high/ultra @1080p flawlessly
SC2 ID: CharlieBrown.318, #1 bitbybit.Prime fan
lqd
Profile Joined May 2010
United States108 Posts
September 04 2011 07:22 GMT
#40
What happens if you increase the multiplier on a black edition AMD CPU and leave turbo core on? For example, a 1090T has a multiplier of 16X and a turbo multiplier of 18X. If I set the multiplier to 18X, will it turbo up to 20X? If it does, is it always a +2X turbo? Can that be changed?
i'm not a team
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 651 652 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 215
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 187
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Noble 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
Doublelift6151
JimRising 786
Counter-Strike
taco 318
Other Games
summit1g12039
C9.Mang0375
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1232
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo291
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.