• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7807 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 13

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
I Hott Sauce I
Profile Joined June 2010
United States91 Posts
December 20 2010 07:32 GMT
#241
Yeah, I wouldn't mess with macro on Bnet. Even if its safe, I'd consider it cheating to myself. I just use the macro keys to open up programs quickly on my comp.
Power Overwhelming
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-20 08:17:04
December 20 2010 08:06 GMT
#242
On December 14 2010 05:39 Enervate wrote:
Newegg actually has this keyboard for 56 bucks right now with coupon code RAZER1213. This is actually a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard.



is the deal still in? i really want to know

EDIT:Nvm, doesnt work
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 21 2010 06:27 GMT
#243
Shipment went through customs yay more delays, I live in canada and it says tomorrow is D day...

I am getting ripped off for paying 129 for the ultimate edition am i not?
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
December 21 2010 06:39 GMT
#244
Just picked up the ultimate edition from a local store.

I had previously been using a Logitech G15v2.

I gotta say typing is a lot better. The location of the F-keys will take a little getting used to (especially the F1), but its not too big of a problem.

I have the M1-M5 keys rebound to be F5, F6, F7, 9, and 0 for easy access to those oh-so far to reach for keys.

I have a gut feeling that brown switches would have suited me better but tbh I just wanted to get myself an early christmas present and getting my hands on a brown filco board seems to be too much hassle atm.



All-in-all it seems like a good keyboard. Its quite heavy, the backlighting is solid. Everything works properly (no F9 key in place of my 9 key lol). Was it worth 129 dollars? *shrug* You're probably better off getting the non-ultimate edition (not really any substantive difference b/w the 2), or holding our for the Leonard (or whatever is going to replace Filcos on EK)
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 09:30:23
December 21 2010 09:26 GMT
#245
On December 21 2010 15:39 Reason.SC2 wrote:
Just picked up the ultimate edition from a local store.

I had previously been using a Logitech G15v2.

I gotta say typing is a lot better. The location of the F-keys will take a little getting used to (especially the F1), but its not too big of a problem.

I have the M1-M5 keys rebound to be F5, F6, F7, 9, and 0 for easy access to those oh-so far to reach for keys.

I have a gut feeling that brown switches would have suited me better but tbh I just wanted to get myself an early christmas present and getting my hands on a brown filco board seems to be too much hassle atm.



All-in-all it seems like a good keyboard. Its quite heavy, the backlighting is solid. Everything works properly (no F9 key in place of my 9 key lol). Was it worth 129 dollars? *shrug* You're probably better off getting the non-ultimate edition (not really any substantive difference b/w the 2), or holding our for the Leonard (or whatever is going to replace Filcos on EK)


I believe that would be LEOPOLD, a Korean version of FILCO. I heard that it eventually built/designed by the same person who designed the FILCO keyboard.

I like the idea of having the detachable USB cable for the LEOPOLD. But I can't wait for more than 3 months to have a new keyboard, so I got a FILCO one.

To stay on topics: Blackwidow (BW) is good, and for 90$ (no lighting one) it's really a good choice for anyone who wants a mech keyboard. The only downside from it is:

1. No NKRO
2. Macro keys
3. No PS/2

All of those 3 however is debatable and really subjective matters. I personally don't think that NKRO matter that much, unless if you are an ultra fast typist (perhaps above 120+ wpm to really notice the different).

Macro keys, some of us might find it useful, but not for me. I like plain looking keyboard with standard functions.

PS/2: again it's debatable, in my humble opinions it's good to have PS/2 for 2 reasons:

1. It uses interrupt for the key press to be recognized by the CPU, so it doesn't give the CPU unnecessary load when it's going idle. In USB mode, the key recognized by pooling, Razer said that it uses 1000 pooling per second (1khz? CMIIW). Again, this is eventually not bad as it sounds, since even at 1khz, it's almost nothing for the CPU though.

2. It enables full NKRO (but again, see my opinion above regarding NKRO).

The only downside for me of why I'm not choosing BW over FILCO is just because I like FILCO design better. I feel that BW is not seems to be solid. But this is a personal taste. Aside from that is I don't like the macro keys as I don't think I'm gonna need it (mostly use my keyboard for typing and light RTS gaming).

edit: oh, I feel need to add that I actually got my hands on both (Razer and FILCO) before I decided to buy my keyboard. And eventually I was really lucky to be able to feel some of the bad boys before deciding: Razer Blackwidow, Filco brown, Filco blue, and Steelseries 6g (black switch).
Entaro Adun!
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 21 2010 21:36 GMT
#246
To the above.. I type at 120 wpm on average and reach 180 with lower punctuation (mainly -'s.) I have yet to notice a problem with the BW Ultimate but I have also yet to type a paper yet.

Also, I see it hard to consider the macro keys a downside. Who cares what your keyboard looks like as long as it doesn't look like shit.

I can agree with PS/2. But more and more tournaments are starting to force USB keyboards, so it's becoming a moot point.
Xyrest
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18 Posts
December 21 2010 22:26 GMT
#247
After playing Medal of Honor on the PC the Q key doesn't work I've just received a new Black Widow after returning the one I bought from Fry's Electronics the only reason that the Q key is even in this message is because of the on screen keyboard. I've called Razer Support and the guy just said that it's a problem with the keyboard and to just return in.
Who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are.
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
December 21 2010 22:34 GMT
#248
On December 22 2010 07:26 Xyrest wrote:
After playing Medal of Honor on the PC the Q key doesn't work I've just received a new Black Widow after returning the one I bought from Fry's Electronics the only reason that the Q key is even in this message is because of the on screen keyboard. I've called Razer Support and the guy just said that it's a problem with the keyboard and to just return in.


This is weird, because the local computer cafe that I go to has all Razer products and they have the old non mech keyboards and all their Q buttons don't work half the time. I guess Razer doesn't like Q?
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 22 2010 01:30 GMT
#249
So I got my ultimate today and I gotta say Im really not use to it, the macro keys on the side makes everything shifted to the right, I guess I have to get use to it........ lost a few games cuz i couldnt chrono boost like i use to... kept on clicking x for c and w for e (((
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 02:17:08
December 22 2010 02:14 GMT
#250
On December 22 2010 06:36 holynorth wrote:
To the above.. I type at 120 wpm on average and reach 180 with lower punctuation (mainly -'s.) I have yet to notice a problem with the BW Ultimate but I have also yet to type a paper yet.

Also, I see it hard to consider the macro keys a downside. Who cares what your keyboard looks like as long as it doesn't look like shit.

I can agree with PS/2. But more and more tournaments are starting to force USB keyboards, so it's becoming a moot point.


Wow, 120+ wpm That's reallly fast, guess I need to learn to type again. Or is 100 is a standard nowadays? I just tested myself again, and I got average 55 wpm (or about 380 characters per minute), so beating 100+ will be a really long shot for me

But yeah, that really prove my point that NKRO in most cases will go unnoticed. I just tested my old keyboard (logitech), and I found that I can press 5 keys at the sametime, and all of them is recognized by the computer (and that's a 15$ keyboard). So for the most of us, 15$ keyboard will do just fine.

NKRO however will prove to be useful for any game that required to press more than 5-6 keys at once. I know some games that required that (forgot the name, but there is).

For macro keys, I would agree that some people will find it useful some don't, that's really a personal choice.

Picking keyboard is really a subjective matter, a good keyboard for me doesn't mean a good keyboard for others. The best way to tell that a keyboard is good for me is to try it first hand.

EDIT: yes, PS/2 is seems to become obsolete, so I would agree to advice not to buy PS/2 only keyboard. Mine (FILCO 104 brown switch) is a USB with PS/2 adapter, so it's future proof while not losing full PS/2 capabilities.
Entaro Adun!
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
December 22 2010 03:25 GMT
#251
On December 22 2010 11:14 antas wrote:
EDIT: yes, PS/2 is seems to become obsolete, so I would agree to advice not to buy PS/2 only keyboard. Mine (FILCO 104 brown switch) is a USB with PS/2 adapter, so it's future proof while not losing full PS/2 capabilities.

USB w/PS/2 connector doesn't give you the same rollover as regular PS/2 . it only gives you the rollover of USB.

PS/2 w/USB adapter if required is the way to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
HtC
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)26 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 04:00:07
December 22 2010 03:58 GMT
#252
How awkward are the additional macro keys? I'm tempted to buy this because my Das is very unpredictable.
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
December 22 2010 04:12 GMT
#253
On December 22 2010 12:58 HtC wrote:
How awkward are the additional macro keys? I'm tempted to buy this because my Das is very unpredictable.


I haven't had any trouble with the macro keys at the side. Then again I'm used to the layout since my previous keyboard was a Logitech G15v2 (also has 1 row of macro keys to the left).

I find it really useful since i rebind the keys to F5-F8 for camera hotkeys, and they are more accessible than the standard keys.


One thing to be wary of though is if you are a fast typer then cherry blues may cause issues for double letters (words like moon, well, etc.) since the double-click action is a bit different from that of a membrane keyboard.. it takes some getting used to if you're trying to go for over ~120 wpm.
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 22 2010 06:15 GMT
#254
if you're too use to spot your keyboard using your pinky, it's gonna get some time getting use to, my friend said i will overcome it, I Personally love the typing, then again it's my first mechanical keyboard
Uninstall
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada79 Posts
December 22 2010 09:04 GMT
#255
On December 22 2010 12:25 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 11:14 antas wrote:
EDIT: yes, PS/2 is seems to become obsolete, so I would agree to advice not to buy PS/2 only keyboard. Mine (FILCO 104 brown switch) is a USB with PS/2 adapter, so it's future proof while not losing full PS/2 capabilities.

USB w/PS/2 connector doesn't give you the same rollover as regular PS/2 . it only gives you the rollover of USB.

PS/2 w/USB adapter if required is the way to go.


wrong. usb with ps/2 adapter will both give you NKRO and hardware interrupts if your keyboard supports it. it is the same as if you have a native ps/2 keyboard.
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 02:21:07
December 22 2010 13:34 GMT
#256
On December 22 2010 18:04 Uninstall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 12:25 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
On December 22 2010 11:14 antas wrote:
EDIT: yes, PS/2 is seems to become obsolete, so I would agree to advice not to buy PS/2 only keyboard. Mine (FILCO 104 brown switch) is a USB with PS/2 adapter, so it's future proof while not losing full PS/2 capabilities.

USB w/PS/2 connector doesn't give you the same rollover as regular PS/2 . it only gives you the rollover of USB.

PS/2 w/USB adapter if required is the way to go.


wrong. usb with ps/2 adapter will both give you NKRO and hardware interrupts if your keyboard supports it. it is the same as if you have a native ps/2 keyboard.


Agree, the NKRO is working fine with my PS/2 converter at my FILCO 104 brown, I'm at home now and just finished testing it. It can handle more than 6 keypressed at once. Testing it using this http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

Testing it up to 10 keys at once for couple combinations. I didn't do for more than that though, didn't think it necessary.

EDIT: also tested it without PS/2 adapter (using USB only), and it can only read up to 6 keys at once on the computer.
Entaro Adun!
Banksy
Profile Joined December 2010
United States39 Posts
December 22 2010 18:44 GMT
#257
Just got mine in the mail...it's really nice. It does take some adjusting to typing on it, especially because of the macro keys as some people have pointed out.

I don't really understand how to program the macro keys yet but I'll figure it out.
sCFade
Profile Joined September 2010
307 Posts
December 25 2010 04:31 GMT
#258
Just opened mine for Christmas. The key placement is pretty similar to the Tarantula, my previous keyboard, so I'm not having that much trouble adjusting. It's a lot louder than I thought it would be, but the keys feel beautiful to type on. The F keys are a bit weird to hit, and the spacebar is pretty big, but other than that I really don't have any complaints so far. Will post more later once I've gotten more time in with it.
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
December 25 2010 20:03 GMT
#259
i think i gonna buy it, this wil be my first gameing artical exept for games^^
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
December 25 2010 20:15 GMT
#260
On December 22 2010 07:34 Contagious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 07:26 Xyrest wrote:
After playing Medal of Honor on the PC the Q key doesn't work I've just received a new Black Widow after returning the one I bought from Fry's Electronics the only reason that the Q key is even in this message is because of the on screen keyboard. I've called Razer Support and the guy just said that it's a problem with the keyboard and to just return in.


This is weird, because the local computer cafe that I go to has all Razer products and they have the old non mech keyboards and all their Q buttons don't work half the time. I guess Razer doesn't like Q?


Bahaha, blizzard must be working with them in a joint effort to stop QQing.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ProTech130
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20711
Mong 115
Dewaltoss 113
Bale 39
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g10107
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick895
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 44
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2162
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1063
• Stunt131
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 13m
Replay Cast
17h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.