• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:42
CEST 12:42
KST 19:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8916 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 15

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 22 Next All
Banksy
Profile Joined December 2010
United States39 Posts
December 30 2010 20:40 GMT
#281
I'm really picky about keyboards and have owned about 5 in the past 5 years and I've gotta say this is my favorite. It's true, I never want to use a non-mechanical keyboard after using this. I love the way the keys respond and click. I think it does make me type faster too. People were right about the glossy finish though, it does get absolutely filthy and fast. I have a doo rag I just keep next to the keyboard to wipe it with. I'm getting used to the macro keys and key placement so I don't misclick as much as I did when I first got it.
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
December 30 2010 21:00 GMT
#282
I think i'll wait until they come out with a matte version. I don't think I could live with a constantly dirty keyboard and given the amount of people that feel the same way hopefully they will make one.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Sinborn
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States275 Posts
December 30 2010 21:45 GMT
#283
If you happen to live near a Fry's Electronics and have a friend who is an employee, you can get some serious AP off of this keyboard. I forgot the specifics, but this is by far the highest quality mechanical keyboard for being in the 80ish price-range.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
January 01 2011 02:52 GMT
#284
Comparison between this and the Das Model S anyone? I'm in Canada and looking for a new keyboard.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Poyo
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada790 Posts
January 01 2011 03:12 GMT
#285
I keep hitting the damn macro keys, taking forever to get used to.
Poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo!
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
January 02 2011 06:10 GMT
#286
Went out and tried this at frys the other day. They had this mechanical keyboard and a Siig mechanical keyboard, and I must say I liked this just a tiny bit more. Question though:

Is it worthwhile to get the ultimate over the regular? All that gets you is backlighting and some pass through ports. The usb port on the side of the keyboard might be nice for your mouse, but your mic in/out might get in the way a bit =/. Also, is it true that the ultimate has the key labels sandblasted on while the regular version has them just printed?
DeadMaus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 06:00:09
January 11 2011 05:58 GMT
#287
I just received this keyboard about a week ago. After extensive use-age I must say that I really enjoy this keyboard. Sure it may be a little hyped up about being able to type faster but it did indeed make me type faster. I was typing at around 85 WPM on my old Any-Key Gateway 2000 keyboard and after using the keyboard for a couple hours, I can consistently key 95 WPM minimum. My WPM now ranges anywhere from 95 to 110 WPM depending on my how hard I'm concentrating. There is one thing that I can't argue though; this keyboard feels amazing to type on. Some people may not like the noise of the keys, but I personally love the sound of the keys as well as the tactile feel as I press each key down. It gives me a sense of assurance that the key has been pressed which is a great thing in my opinion. I'm always exactly sure what has been pressed and what hasn't.

The keyboard construction is very high quality in my opinion and seems like it will last for a very long time. The keys themselves are mounted on a metal plate underneath the plastic outer-shell, making for a nice hefty keyboard. You never have to worry about the keyboard sliding around; you can rest assured that your keyboard will stay right where you left it.

Things I like! The USB port, audio and microphone jacks are really convenient for me. That means I only have the cable from the keyboard running to the back of my computer. This also means I can quickly change out peripherals, without fussing with my computer case. I also liek the fact that all of the cables are merely extensions. For example, the Logitech G110 basically acts as a gaint USB hub which will take two USB connectors. When plugged in, the computer will recognize the peripheral as an external part of the keyboard instead of directly connected to the computer. (Excuse my lack of computer knowledge! I don't know all those fancy terms and what not!). Another great thing about the keyboard is the thick braided cable that comes out of the keyboard. All the cables are neatly packed together under one extremely durable/tough casing that runs to the computer.

With every product you have to have gripes right? Well I can list one that some people might not like; it doesn't come with a PS2 connector. Although I don't care that much about the PS2 connector, some like the assurance of knowing that ALL their keystrokes will go through unconditionally. In my opinion, its not needed and most modern computers do not have native PS2 ports. I do wish though that Razer offered a built in sound card into the keyboard as well as another USB port. The built in sound card would reduce the amount of wires leading to the back of your computer, meaning that you could plug in microphone and speaker male ends into the keyboard and having the sound come from solely the USB cable. I would also like another USB port just incase I have a USB headset. Currently I use the single USB port for my Razer Naga (which I love to bits), if I had a USB headset that would present a big problem for me.

On the note about the keys, I'm pretty sure they're laser etched. At least thats what I read from a couple reviews. I know of no definite way to tell, so I'm gonna go with laser etched. And yes, the Ultimate keys have a better grip (but not too grippy) and are better constructed than the regular editions keys.

For my conclusion, I would say that if you have to money, totally get the Ultimate edition and join the cool kids clubs. Its just like owning a BMW. Do BMW's offer significantly more than standard priced cars? Nope. But do people buy them? Yep. And do people go "omg y so rich?" Yep. But on a serious note, I don't think its worth $130 for the keyboard. I was able to purchase mine for $100 on amazon, which to me- is worth the USB + lights + microphone jack + headphone jack + better keys. To the average person looking for a keyboard, the regular edition is just as good! If I hadn't found this for $100, I would have bought the regular edition.

On one last note, I would like to say that these keys are not as loud as other keyboards with Cherry Blue MX keys. This is mainly due to the fact that the thicker keys which consist of two layers provide more sound insulation. This makes them slightly less noisy, but noisy never the less. That noise can either be extremely annoying, or harmony to your ears. Thats up for you to decide. Personally, I love the sound of the keys. Especially when I'm typing really fast. It allows me to flex my typing-peen.

And yes, this was typed on my Blackwidow Ultimate. It really does make typing more enjoyable. I find that my school essays tend to be about 50% longer than what they used to be. Take that how you will!

( Anyone with the keyboard might find this link helpful. It helps iTunes function with your media keys. Simply follow the instructions which are REALLY simple and your keyboard's media keys will function without having to tab to the iTunes window. http://www.everythingitunes.com/os/windows/2008-01-04/mmkeysdll/ )
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullsh*t."
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
January 13 2011 20:37 GMT
#288
Hey guys, thought i'd just come here and share my experiences with you


I just a few hours ago recieved my copy of the razer blackwidow. And i just have one thing to say. This is an amazing keyboard and i will never use another type of keyboard again, if this one brokes, i'll get a new one of theese.

The sound of it is orgasmic(lol) and it feels very nice.

I am not worried for the part of it easily catching up fingerprints. Like.. you arwe supposed to use your hands on it.. DOnt care if it gets dirty.

I recommend this keyboard to everyone and everything. BuyBuyBuy
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
January 14 2011 02:44 GMT
#289
i just got mine about two days ago, and man dude i freaking love it. its my first mechanical keyboard, and it is amazing!

the media keys work well, you just gotta update the firmware to v1.04

the keys are... click clack ORGASMMMMMMMMM OMFG THIS REALLY IS FREAKING AMAZING!

keys actuate about 2/3rd way, which i love

and the macro keys need getting used to, cause i sometimes mistake m5 for ctrl. fortunately, i fixed the prob by remapping m5 to ctrl, so basically i have 3 ctrl keys that i can use!

i love typing on this keyboard, and now i feel like typing instead of starcraft 2 lol.

anyways, great buy for a mechanical keyboard under 70 bucks that feels hefty and unbreakable. Its actually surprisingly smaller than all my other keyboard lol
Freeheals
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States488 Posts
January 14 2011 03:28 GMT
#290
Don't fret over the macro keys. You will stop hitting them after one or two nights of gaming. I was worried about them too but am very comfortable with them now.
http://www.last.fm/user/Rahdek
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
January 14 2011 04:13 GMT
#291
On January 14 2011 12:28 Freeheals wrote:
Don't fret over the macro keys. You will stop hitting them after one or two nights of gaming. I was worried about them too but am very comfortable with them now.


As a blackwidow owner who switched over from a G15v2, I agree with this 100%.

To those who complain about the key layout making it hard to hit control-f5... why don't you rebind f5-f8 through your custom hotkeys anyways? Or if you don't want to do that, why don't you bind a keystroke assignment to your macro keys. Hitting control M1-M6 is way easy.

Honestly many of the criticisms about the layout are just people who are used to a different layout and inflexible to optimize a new one. i.e. if you have been cross-country skiing your whole life and you put on a pair of top quality alpine skis, you'll probably think they feel strange and unnatural. It just takes some adaptation to get the most out of your product.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
January 14 2011 04:38 GMT
#292
On January 14 2011 13:13 Reason.SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2011 12:28 Freeheals wrote:
Don't fret over the macro keys. You will stop hitting them after one or two nights of gaming. I was worried about them too but am very comfortable with them now.


As a blackwidow owner who switched over from a G15v2, I agree with this 100%.

To those who complain about the key layout making it hard to hit control-f5... why don't you rebind f5-f8 through your custom hotkeys anyways? Or if you don't want to do that, why don't you bind a keystroke assignment to your macro keys. Hitting control M1-M6 is way easy.
.


yea i make m5 my ctrl key and m4-m1 7890 so those keys are easier to reach
SzaszaG
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary120 Posts
January 22 2011 09:01 GMT
#293
Hi ! Can someone tell me, if Any key is Programable on it ? For example can you set like the "N" key to respond as Ctrl ? (or only the 5 Macro buttons can be programmed?)
Ritesh
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom24 Posts
January 22 2011 09:47 GMT
#294
On January 22 2011 18:01 SzaszaG wrote:
Hi ! Can someone tell me, if Any key is Programable on it ? For example can you set like the "N" key to respond as Ctrl ? (or only the 5 Macro buttons can be programmed?)

yes, you can remap the keys but u cannot add macro to normal keys. e.g i changed caplock to ctrl on mine.
SzaszaG
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary120 Posts
January 22 2011 09:53 GMT
#295
Thanks for the answer.
Fir3fly
Profile Joined May 2009
Australia251 Posts
January 22 2011 11:31 GMT
#296
ima going to get one now.
Reno(TE)
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom434 Posts
January 22 2011 23:42 GMT
#297
Got one today after trying it out in store. It's awesome so far, although need to relearn slight variation in key orientation (keys are not square)
A pro isnt someone who sacrifices themselves for their job, thats just a fool.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 03:54:09
January 23 2011 01:19 GMT
#298
On January 23 2011 08:42 Reno(TE) wrote:
Got one today after trying it out in store. It's awesome so far, although need to relearn slight variation in key orientation (keys are not square)


yea dont worry about it, you'll get used to it. if you dont, just do what several of us did with the ctrl/m5 key which most ppl have problems with. if you hit the m3 instead of capslock you'll also get used to it.
what i found out what worked for me is to shift the keyboard a little to the left so that my middle finger is directly over the E key and then that kinda tricks me into thinking the F1 key is where the old keyboard was. also, this positioning helps me not accidental press any macro keys.

if you find that the media keys dont work, just update the firmware to 1.04 on the site, that worked for me. they work perfectly fine for skipping songs while playing SC2 which i have found really useful

EDIT: i move my keyboard to the left, not the right =)
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
January 31 2011 08:19 GMT
#299
What do you do to keep your keyboard clean?
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 12:23:25
January 31 2011 12:22 GMT
#300
On January 31 2011 17:19 Karliath wrote:
What do you do to keep your keyboard clean?


A can of Compressed air works well for getting dust and junk out (take it outside before you go mad). Get one that has a straw so you can get in between the keys.

If you want to do a "deep" clean your best bet is going to be pulling all the keys out, tossing them into a bucket with warm water and mild detergent and giving it a whirl. If they are really dirty use a paintbrush or soft toothbrush to clean them out.

While the keys are drying out you can clean the keyboard itself. Again a paintbrush or soft toothbrush is good here. Just take it outside and give it a good brushing. I wouldn't use water for this bit unless you just use a damp cloth on the plastic parts.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9619
StarCastTV_EN260
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko288
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11777
Bisu 3864
FanTaSy 2900
Jaedong 1221
BeSt 772
actioN 609
EffOrt 491
Horang2 473
Larva 297
Leta 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 197
Barracks 149
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 101
Mong 78
JYJ 75
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 60
Sexy 56
sorry 55
Free 45
Killer 41
Shinee 39
Aegong 33
sSak 33
soO 33
Bale 27
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 10
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
XaKoH 1
Counter-Strike
byalli811
x6flipin9
Other Games
singsing1848
olofmeister964
crisheroes284
Pyrionflax191
KnowMe114
dupreeh107
Livibee34
B2W.Neo7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick658
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1104
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
18m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 18m
Replay Cast
12h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.