• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7806 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 12

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
December 14 2010 05:49 GMT
#221
On December 14 2010 11:15 Hokay wrote:
I just received my BW today and so far I'm not really impressed. This is my first mechnical keyboard and it feels great to type on, but I think Razer just totally fucked up on the layout of keys. It's more of a fps keyboard and awful for RTS games IMO. I'll give it time to adjust to the new layout but atm my muscle memory is screwed up and I'm hating every moment while playing SC2. My apm dropped and I'm losing more games trying to adjust.

Stuff I don't like:

- I'm making more mistakes in general with the hotkeys. I keep hitting ` instead of 1 for some reason and other stuff like upgrading hallucination instead of warpage which was a first today. It is annoying and I'm not sure why I'm doing this. Could it be BW key layouts and size (I think it's farther apart than most normal keyboards).

-Capslock key could use an indent to help prevent accidental pushes. I hit caps instead of A when attack moving sometimes. My other keyboard didn't have an indent yet I don't make that mistake with it. It's weird on the BW and could probably benefit from an indent.

- For some reason hitting the ESC button quickly to cancel buildings feel weird. Sometimes I hit that big empty zone between esc and F1 . Atm it feels awkward.

- The f1 keys shifted to the right is really stupid. I could imagine warcraft 3 players hating this keyboard since they use F1-F3 for heroes a lot. It feels weird and farther apart to hit quickly. F1 keys farther from the left hand side of the board is bad. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

- This is my first keyboard with macros and I must say I hate them. They just get in the way of where I usually rest my hands. Instead of quickly hitting ctrl I have to be cautious not to hit the macro key. I wish I could cut that part of the keyboard off. I thought it wouldn't be a problem but it is. Never again will I consider a keyboard with macros on the left side.

I have 60 days to return this and just might get the rosewill keyboard, a simple yet efficient design. I only bought the BW because it was cheaper. I'm also wondering about brown switches now. Even though the switches on this keyboard is an improvement over my old keyboard, blue switches just seem meh even, though I never tried any other color switches..

You should really post after you've used it for a while. It's hard at first obviously but it gets better as you use it more.
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 14 2010 08:11 GMT
#222
On December 14 2010 14:28 klonoakun wrote:
Marquise, when did you order yours? i ordered at the razer store.....


I ordered mine at the razer store and the tracking says that my local post office received it a few hours ago and that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Ordered the Ultimate on December 1.
TheGiftedApe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1243 Posts
December 14 2010 08:22 GMT
#223
On December 05 2010 08:10 Schamus wrote:
Yeah I just received my keyboard, but unfortunately it does not recognize the multimedia buttons for Winamp.

Other than that, Kinky summed it up nicely; the keys are loud, but I love that actually; the macro buttons throw me off and I end up hitting the capslock a lot; unlike all other Razer keyboards (which I've only tried in passing) this feels a lot less "cheap".

I highly prefer it to my old keyboard, a lite-on POS.



The +/- volume doesnt work in winamp? Does it still lower the overall volume of the computer? If so this is a dealbreaker for me, I use winamp, not fun to have non-functional buttons.
xO-Gaming.com || [xO]TheGiftedApe.364 || xO-Gaming Manager.
Skuller
Profile Joined September 2010
United States197 Posts
December 14 2010 09:27 GMT
#224
The buttons work as default media buttons. That means that a little extra work might be required to get them to work with your media player. (I use itunes, and I had to download an extra file to get the media buttons to work with itunes).

As for button placement, I've been playing a lot of computer games over the past couple of years. You get used to the button placement very easily. I don't know what it is about this keyboard, but I'm able to span almost the entire keyboard with one hand, which I was not able to do before. I can do ctrl-9 very easily with pinky and index finger. (And I think I have normal sized hands, I can't palm a basketball).

The Number Key Rollover has not been an issue with hours of testing in TF2, SC2, and other games. 2KRO sounds bad, but its got KRO where it counts which are the keys that are most used for gaming. I don't anticipate to be pressing "y" "o" and "n" at the same time in a gaming environment anytime soon.

I have a love hate relationship with the macros. I feel like I would love them if I found more uses for them, but until then, I hate them. I am using one button to switch between speakers and headphones.

In short, I love this keyboard. The build quality is great. For people interested in this keyboard, make sure that you get the opinions of those who already have it. A lot of posts in this thread are for people speculating.
flying_moose
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States33 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 16:07:46
December 14 2010 16:05 GMT
#225
On December 14 2010 14:28 klonoakun wrote:
Marquise, when did you order yours? i ordered at the razer store.....


I made the same mistake, I wont make it again. I ordered the Ultimate on the 3rd of November, and still don't have my keyboard yet. Listed ship date at time of purchase was the 28th of November. I got an email on the 25th saying they had to delay shipping (no reason was given) I got a second email on the 7th of December that they were out of stock, with no mention of a new date. An angry email to razer and a day later (because they don't have any ****ing phone support), my package shipped. Should be coming today. I'll post results.
TheGiftedApe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1243 Posts
December 14 2010 20:29 GMT
#226
On December 14 2010 18:27 Skuller wrote:
The buttons work as default media buttons. That means that a little extra work might be required to get them to work with your media player. (I use itunes, and I had to download an extra file to get the media buttons to work with itunes).

As for button placement, I've been playing a lot of computer games over the past couple of years. You get used to the button placement very easily. I don't know what it is about this keyboard, but I'm able to span almost the entire keyboard with one hand, which I was not able to do before. I can do ctrl-9 very easily with pinky and index finger. (And I think I have normal sized hands, I can't palm a basketball).

The Number Key Rollover has not been an issue with hours of testing in TF2, SC2, and other games. 2KRO sounds bad, but its got KRO where it counts which are the keys that are most used for gaming. I don't anticipate to be pressing "y" "o" and "n" at the same time in a gaming environment anytime soon.

I have a love hate relationship with the macros. I feel like I would love them if I found more uses for them, but until then, I hate them. I am using one button to switch between speakers and headphones.

In short, I love this keyboard. The build quality is great. For people interested in this keyboard, make sure that you get the opinions of those who already have it. A lot of posts in this thread are for people speculating.



where did you find this script that made your media players work? I cant use itunes, no support for .flac, most of my music is in very high quality. One of the big reasons I am getting a new keyboard is because I'm a former mac user, I'm used to having +/- volume on the keybaord.
xO-Gaming.com || [xO]TheGiftedApe.364 || xO-Gaming Manager.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
December 14 2010 20:37 GMT
#227
The media keys on my MacBook Pro does not alter the volume of iTunes, it only alters the volume of the entire system, and I assume the Black Widow's media keys would work the same..?
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
eyeEX
Profile Joined June 2010
United States64 Posts
December 15 2010 01:47 GMT
#228
I just ordered mine yesterday from Newegg and it shipped today. I checked their site just now and it's sold out . Cuttin' it close baby.
ìX
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 15 2010 18:46 GMT
#229
On December 15 2010 05:37 FragKrag wrote:
The media keys on my MacBook Pro does not alter the volume of iTunes, it only alters the volume of the entire system, and I assume the Black Widow's media keys would work the same..?


They work the same.


Just going to post my first thoughts on the BW Ultimate.

This is my first mechanical and it has ruined my laptop's built in keyboard. Now when I type on it I have so many more errors and problems not pushing the keys in all the way.

I have no problem with the placement of the caps lock - as it is the same as my laptop - but I am having huge problems with the escape key. The escape key seems to be so far off and I am having problems canceling a unit in-game. The size of the buttons seem to also be a little too small and my large hands are feeling cramped on the keyboard. The macro keys are great, I have them set to a single key as 0,9,8,7 to help with my ctrl groups.

Also, they keyboard came in great besides the Y key being a little crooked. I'll try and fix it myself later and if not I will be sending it back due to the lack of being able to ignore it.

I'll post more thoughts on it after having used it a little longer.
_ContempT
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
December 15 2010 19:19 GMT
#230
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. (The regular, not the ultimate.)

I love it, but like others have said it takes a little getting used to because of some of the key placements. I always end up resting my hands on "caps lock, q and s" instead of WASD lol.
The F-key placement is not a big deal to me, I hardly use them and when I did it involved quite a stretch anyways; at least with this right-oriented placement I can reach F1-F3 with little effort.

The clicks are awesome and music to my ears, I'm a loud typer anyways so it doesn't make a difference to me.

The macros are kind of fun to mess around with, I made a macro for "gl hf" though I have hardly used it passed random chat macros. It's quite easy to record on-the-fly though, so I'm sure some would find that rather convenient.

Unfortunately, mine came shipped with an alt key where my cntrl key should be, not a big deal, however I've already sent Razer an email about it hopefully they can do something about it. It's a shame to have such a simple thing like that screwed up by them.

Overall, I love everything about it and my fingers orgasm every time I type on it.

Note: I'm still having some trouble getting used to playing FPS, probably because of how easy it is to press keys down it's hard to tell when I am holding a key or not. I'm sure it's just me and I'll get used to it eventually. :p

Oh, and take my opinion with a grain of salt, this is my first mechanical keyboard so I have no way to compare it to others.

Biggy is mild and good taste! o_O
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
December 15 2010 19:44 GMT
#231
I got mine about a week ago now and it's simply amazing

At first the keyboard felt real awkward because of the macrokeys but then I tested pulling them off and covering the "hole" with duct tape (Sound pretty retarded to rip a new keyboard to pieces, but hey its mine )

I think that it's great also for FPS games aswell as for Starcraft, it's not super sensitive that you could push keys accidentaly (I tend to have my left hand on WASD)

It's also quite small, at least I think it is, so it actually fits my bag and board ^^

The macrokeys I found pretty useless, but because of the price I still had to have it. I also like the "gamemode" which disables the windowskey.

Cba typing a full review since it's so late and im getting tireeeeeeeeeeeed ^_^
8)
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
December 15 2010 23:45 GMT
#232
Returned it immediately. Period key didn't work and Alt key was stuck.
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 19 2010 05:35 GMT
#233
wow got word mine shipped on friday,
banshee and razer ultimate blackwidow

I hope this is worth it but from above comment.... eerrr... maybe hopefully haha
eyeEX
Profile Joined June 2010
United States64 Posts
December 19 2010 05:58 GMT
#234
I just got mine a few days ago. $70 shipped from Newegg. I'm loving it so far, but don't have any previous experience with mechanical keyboards to compare it too. If you don't want a loud keyboard, I wouldn't recommend this. Personally, I love the sound.
ìX
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
December 19 2010 06:07 GMT
#235
popped my macro keys off and it feels a lot better now. give it a try if they are confusing your hands to go in the wrong spots. i've had it for a month now too, so could just be getting used to it now too. anyways, try taking off the macro keys if you dislike them. just makes it easier for dust to get in there, so i keep a microfiber cloth on my desk all the time to clean it often.
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
I Hott Sauce I
Profile Joined June 2010
United States91 Posts
December 19 2010 08:09 GMT
#236
Got my Ultimate the other day. It kept getting delayed, but after I phoned Razer and complained, they shipped one out to me the next day.

At first I experienced all the same problems that Hokay experienced, except I was a bit more positive and my patience has definitely been a good thing. It has taken a few days, but I have gotten pretty used to the keyboard. My biggest problem is still hitting "C" instead of "V" when I need to inject larva.

The build quality is very solid, very well built, I'm impressed. It also looks beautiful, I just have to clean it with a cloth all the time from all the fingerprints :-(
Power Overwhelming
Banksy
Profile Joined December 2010
United States39 Posts
December 19 2010 21:27 GMT
#237
Ordered one from Newegg, can't wait. What do you guys use the macros for (SC2 related or not)?
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 19 2010 22:17 GMT
#238
getting mine tomorrow, im gonna macro the shift and p thats for sure
CuttyFlam
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium523 Posts
December 19 2010 23:30 GMT
#239
On December 20 2010 07:17 klonoakun wrote:
getting mine tomorrow, im gonna macro the shift and p thats for sure


Watch out with that, could cost you your account, people have been banned from bnet before cause they used macro keys. Just sayin..
Leave it to ................... Luck!!
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 19 2010 23:34 GMT
#240
On December 20 2010 08:30 CuttyFlam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2010 07:17 klonoakun wrote:
getting mine tomorrow, im gonna macro the shift and p thats for sure


Watch out with that, could cost you your account, people have been banned from bnet before cause they used macro keys. Just sayin..


The way the BW does macro keys, I don't think he will get caught. When you press the macro key, it registers it as individual button presses to the computer itself.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 58
JuggernautJason52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 101
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 23
ZZZero.O 13
Dota 2
Gorgc7488
febbydoto14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3577
Khaldor1381
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu794
Other Games
FrodaN2732
fl0m916
Beastyqt798
mouzStarbuck245
KnowMe190
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King58
Trikslyr44
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1068
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 90
• StrangeGG 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• 80smullet 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8731
• WagamamaTV461
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur289
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 58m
INu's Battles
16h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.