• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:48
CEST 12:48
KST 19:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12428 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 11

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
December 09 2010 20:18 GMT
#201
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
December 09 2010 20:24 GMT
#202
On December 10 2010 05:18 rbkl wrote:
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?

It is 2KRO
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
Bitters
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada303 Posts
December 09 2010 20:28 GMT
#203
it has clusters which have more than 2kro, "gaming optimized" typically means you'll get more than 2kro on high use keys
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 09 2010 21:21 GMT
#204
On December 10 2010 05:24 Stoids wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 05:18 rbkl wrote:
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?

It is 2KRO

Wow, this is a disgustingly low number. Even with the gaming optimized rollover it just won't do in some cases, the most obvious one being Stepmania or Beatmania and old school coop play on one keyboard.

Hopefully Razer will take all these factors into account and their next model of keyboards will feature at least 6KRO on USB, a choice of switches and a PS2 port option (for NKRO).

Do you know if they Ultimate model is any better? Their website is not very helpful.
ESV Mapmaking Team
universalwill
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-09 21:26:48
December 09 2010 21:26 GMT
#205
On December 10 2010 05:18 rbkl wrote:
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?


it varies depending on the keys. i'm typing on one right now. the NKRO is higher around the home keys.

for instance, i can press up to ASDFGH without releasing a key. but then if i move over a little bit, i can only hit GHJ until it stops registering keypresses (unless i start holding down more keys near the home keys). but then when i go further over, i can hit HJKL;'

so basically there is up to 6KRO, but it varies depending on what keys you're holding down. although the instances where it is less than 6 keys are incredibly rare. and those are all keys that you generally would never be holding down simultaneously. ZX is the only instance of 2 key rollover that i have discovered. and i've been using this thing for over a month.
Enervate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1769 Posts
December 13 2010 20:39 GMT
#206
Newegg actually has this keyboard for 56 bucks right now with coupon code RAZER1213. This is actually a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard.
flying_moose
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States33 Posts
December 13 2010 21:02 GMT
#207
On December 14 2010 05:39 Enervate wrote:
Newegg actually has this keyboard for 56 bucks right now with coupon code RAZER1213. This is actually a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard.


Promo also gives $26 off on the ultimate version, bringing it down to $103. Still too expensive for what backlit keys should cost though..
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
December 13 2010 21:03 GMT
#208
On December 14 2010 06:02 flying_moose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 05:39 Enervate wrote:
Newegg actually has this keyboard for 56 bucks right now with coupon code RAZER1213. This is actually a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard.


Promo also gives $26 off on the ultimate version, bringing it down to $103. Still too expensive for what backlit keys should cost though..

they are individually backlit though which makes it a ton more expensive.
skipdog172
Profile Joined June 2010
United States331 Posts
December 13 2010 21:49 GMT
#209
My gf just got me this keyboard and I must say that I absolutely love it. Highly recommended!
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 13 2010 22:05 GMT
#210
My Ultimate edition should be here tomorrow. I'll edit this post tomorrow with a review.
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 13 2010 22:13 GMT
#211
On December 10 2010 05:18 rbkl wrote:
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?



For anyone who plays and sort of rhythm game I wouldn't buy this keyboard, you can only press two arrow keys at once making some songs impossible to pass.
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 22:29:21
December 13 2010 22:29 GMT
#212
Looks really nice but you know whats messed up ... on newegg its 70$ for normal version , here its 170 $ !
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 13 2010 22:34 GMT
#213
On December 14 2010 07:13 peekn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 05:18 rbkl wrote:
I hear that these are not NKRO, confirm?



For anyone who plays and sort of rhythm game I wouldn't buy this keyboard, you can only press two arrow keys at once making some songs impossible to pass.


Is it possible to change the keys to WASD in those kind of games? That would allow full functionality.
[cF]TridenT
Profile Joined August 2004
United States665 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 20:55:31
December 13 2010 23:34 GMT
#214
N/A
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 02:19:18
December 14 2010 02:15 GMT
#215
I just received my BW today and so far I'm not really impressed. This is my first mechnical keyboard and it feels great to type on, but I think Razer just totally fucked up on the layout of keys. It's more of a fps keyboard and awful for RTS games IMO. I'll give it time to adjust to the new layout but atm my muscle memory is screwed up and I'm hating every moment while playing SC2. My apm dropped and I'm losing more games trying to adjust.

Stuff I don't like:

- I'm making more mistakes in general with the hotkeys. I keep hitting ` instead of 1 for some reason and other stuff like upgrading hallucination instead of warpage which was a first today. It is annoying and I'm not sure why I'm doing this. Could it be BW key layouts and size (I think it's farther apart than most normal keyboards).

-Capslock key could use an indent to help prevent accidental pushes. I hit caps instead of A when attack moving sometimes. My other keyboard didn't have an indent yet I don't make that mistake with it. It's weird on the BW and could probably benefit from an indent.

- For some reason hitting the ESC button quickly to cancel buildings feel weird. Sometimes I hit that big empty zone between esc and F1 . Atm it feels awkward.

- The f1 keys shifted to the right is really stupid. I could imagine warcraft 3 players hating this keyboard since they use F1-F3 for heroes a lot. It feels weird and farther apart to hit quickly. F1 keys farther from the left hand side of the board is bad. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

- This is my first keyboard with macros and I must say I hate them. They just get in the way of where I usually rest my hands. Instead of quickly hitting ctrl I have to be cautious not to hit the macro key. I wish I could cut that part of the keyboard off. I thought it wouldn't be a problem but it is. Never again will I consider a keyboard with macros on the left side.

I have 60 days to return this and just might get the rosewill keyboard, a simple yet efficient design. I only bought the BW because it was cheaper. I'm also wondering about brown switches now. Even though the switches on this keyboard is an improvement over my old keyboard, blue switches just seem meh even, though I never tried any other color switches..
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 14 2010 04:51 GMT
#216
On December 14 2010 07:05 holynorth wrote:
My Ultimate edition should be here tomorrow. I'll edit this post tomorrow with a review.


When did you order?

I ordered the Banshee and the blackwidow ultimate on oct 19th 2010 and it STILL ISN'T SHIPPING YET.... they keep on telling me soon....

My friends who ordered just the banshee got theirs 2 weeks ago. what the hell??
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
December 14 2010 05:03 GMT
#217
Ordered BW from amazon on the 9th, received it today on the 13th.
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 14 2010 05:10 GMT
#218
any got their ultimates yet?
Marquise
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
December 14 2010 05:11 GMT
#219
My ultimate comes in tomorrow. I'm thinking of picking up a normal one too right now, just for the ridiculously low price compared to other mechanicals.
klonoakun
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada28 Posts
December 14 2010 05:28 GMT
#220
Marquise, when did you order yours? i ordered at the razer store.....
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10754
FanTaSy 1684
Hyuk 816
Horang2 564
BeSt 425
Pusan 214
Stork 190
Killer 112
Zeus 109
Mind 109
[ Show more ]
Last 106
EffOrt 78
sorry 78
Hyun 61
ggaemo 58
Snow 45
PianO 44
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 35
Hm[arnc] 31
JYJ 25
Aegong 15
Sacsri 12
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe194
Counter-Strike
fl0m1188
byalli761
x6flipin222
Other Games
gofns38870
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS74
Mew2King72
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 1
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 13m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 13m
Replay Cast
12h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.