• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11317 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 10

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 22 Next All
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 22:56:31
December 02 2010 22:56 GMT
#181
On December 02 2010 18:37 Joementum wrote:
Amazon has it in stock!



I ordered my 2-days ago and still hasn't shipped =\

Edit: Thats with a Prime one day shipping selected*
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
December 02 2010 23:01 GMT
#182
On December 03 2010 07:06 Jtn wrote:
I just bought mine 2 days ago and it is a complete DREAM to type on. Such a good upgrade from my Logitech G15. I think people who say the Blue switches are too loud are a bit over exaggerating. It's not loud at all unless you share the room with someone else. My only complaint about the actual keyboard itself is that the glossy part by the wrist area gets smudged easily, but nothing a quick wipe can't fix.


I agree completely. I've tried the Steelseries 6gv2 and i prefer the blue switches than the black ones. Main reason is that after some hours of playing or typing i was really tired with the 6gv2 and that doesn't happen with my blackwidow. I am really satisfied with the product and imo the ultimate one is overpriced for the backlighting and other crap it offers so you should stick with the standard version.
@ggmonx
Raeleigh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
December 04 2010 01:56 GMT
#183
I've been reading up a lot on mechanical keyboards recently, and this is supposed to be an extremely poor quality mechanical keyboard compared to others on the market. Of course, i'm just repeating what I've read on more than 2 forums.
We have one in the store I work in, and it's the most addicting sound/feeling to push. I really enjoy that.

My boyfriend wants a backlit one though, and I've heard more positive things about the XArmor U9BL than this one. And the BlackWidow Ultimate will basically be the same, just backlit.
Not too impressed with the reviews I've read as well. :[ </3
you are perfect porcelain.
Kokujin
Profile Joined July 2010
United States456 Posts
December 04 2010 02:22 GMT
#184
get the das professional instead. also has cherry blues and looks sleek, black and clean. the macro buttons on the left and displaced f9/9 buttons on the blackwidow kill it imo
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
December 04 2010 02:25 GMT
#185
Pretty good for a mechanical keyboard.. but I am not sure.. I think I would rather get my hands on a FILCO
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
December 04 2010 02:50 GMT
#186
Ok, I've had this keyboard for about 3 weeks now so I'll give my input on it.

I thought this keyboard was extremely loud when I first go it, but when I hear it now it sounds almost as loud as my older Dell keyboard except with a nice click to go with it. That being said, if you don't like the clicky feedback from the blue switches, this isn't for you. I love the click, personally.

I've only ever tried cherry blues from Adesso and Das. They both have blues that require a bit more weight to activate the key, but only a tiny bit more. In terms of the sound, Das' blues have a higher pitched click than the BW. The BW is a surprisingly good deal for a mechanical keyboard with blues, especially with the macro and multimedia keys (unless you get the Ultimate). This keyboard doesn't have NKRO but has the enhanced matrix technology, or whatever it's called. I never press that many keys anyway so it doesn't affect me.

It took me a while to get used to the layout of the keyboard. The F1-F12 keys start further away from the ESC key on other keyboards and even now I still find myself hitting the gloss around the ESC key, need to get used to that. On the other hand, I had trouble finding my way around the keyboard because of the macro keys and the lack of the little gap that most keyboards have on the right of the Caps Lock key. I got over these two layout problems within the first week or so.

I like the macro keys on the side of the keyboard since my old keyboard used to have shortcut to programs on it, so I use them for opening programs. The Razer drivers let you reprogram any key on the keyboard to your liking, so you can assign a macro onto it or make it open a program. I only wish that they allowed you to program FN functions to the keys. Right now you can only use the FN key in conjunction with the multimedia shortcuts and some other keyboard features.

In terms of how dirty the keyboard gets, it's not as bad as some photos online have you believe it to be. For me it mostly gets smudged around the wrist rest so I just wipe it off with a tissue once in a while.

Overall, if you're looking for a competitively priced mechanical keyboard with cherry blues, give the BW a try.
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
December 04 2010 23:10 GMT
#187
Yeah I just received my keyboard, but unfortunately it does not recognize the multimedia buttons for Winamp.

Other than that, Kinky summed it up nicely; the keys are loud, but I love that actually; the macro buttons throw me off and I end up hitting the capslock a lot; unlike all other Razer keyboards (which I've only tried in passing) this feels a lot less "cheap".

I highly prefer it to my old keyboard, a lite-on POS.
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
December 05 2010 09:09 GMT
#188
On October 08 2010 07:54 Itazy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 07:03 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Are these available in stores yet?


Not sure, but you can try giving your local retailer a call :O


Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 07:36 Combine wrote:
I got mine yesterday. Was surprised when it said it was shipping. Agreeing on all points on your review, I can't ever go type on a normal keyboard again. These just feel so crisp and easy to type on/game on, compared to the squishyness of dome keyboards. You can feel the tactile bump really well, and I personally love the clickyness of the blue switches.

Also, getting a f key instead of a 9 key is odd. I have the actual 9 key, no weird F key in the place of it. Guess just a mix up in the building of it.


Yeah yo i guess you had yours preordered? This one happened to ship from Canada (kinda odd i guess they really ran outa supply fast) so took a while to get to me, i like that word crisp haha, it definitely feels crisp, and is so much easier to press than dome keys. I enjoy the clickyness also, but spamming can get loud lol

And definitely a mix up with the 9 key, its pretty funny i didn't even notice it until i started taking pictures


What does Razer charge for shipping to Canada? Did you get a border tax on it?
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 09:44:23
December 05 2010 09:42 GMT
#189
Best keyboard ever for only $999USD:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Custom-Made-Cherry-Wood-Keyboard-Cherry-Mechanical-MX-/130328228244?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1e582af194

[image loading]

[image loading]

It's custom made from your pick from several types of wood, using Cherry MX Blue mechanical switches, and is a Korean/English keyboard.
Tevinhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom470 Posts
December 09 2010 03:12 GMT
#190
I just received my blackwidow yesterday. I really like the Cherry Blue switches. They feel really nice to type with and I love the clicky feedback. I have no complaints about the keyboard except the fact that the macro keys throw my hand positioning off. As someone previously stated I often hit things like the capslock or the Macro 5 button instead of control. This is just something I need to adjust to and might not affect everyone. Apart from that though these keyboard is great. Nice build quality, nice keys. I don't care too much for the extra features but I guess they're cool if you're into that sorta thing. =)
squintz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
December 09 2010 03:41 GMT
#191
I got my blackwidow the other day and I'm loving it. Was using DTK Everglide before so it's taking some getting used to; keep hitting the macro buttons instead of the ESC key X_X.

Great keyboard as a whole, awesome feel and very well put together.
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
December 09 2010 04:16 GMT
#192
Ordered the Ultimate on 12/01/10 and it's on backorder
DueleR
Profile Joined May 2010
United States207 Posts
December 09 2010 04:30 GMT
#193
I have both a blackwidow and a filco with cherry blues, and they feel very different.

the blackwidow keys are easier to depress. that is, the actuation force is definitely not the same between the two keyboards even though they're both supposed to be 50g, and overall the blackwidow's keys themselves feel cheaper/less solid than the filco.

also, although i've had good experiences with razer in the past (own two mice + a mousepad from them), the blackwidow shipped with like ~7 or 8 keys that had somehow fallen off during shipping. I was able to put most of them back on, except one of the macro keys was actually chipped/broken and wouldn't re-attach. too lazy to get it replaced though and I don't intend to use the macro key anyway. Just a heads up.

Anyway, after I got the blackwidow i used it for a few days and then switched back to my filco. At 80$, it's a solid value, but the filco just felt a lot more comfortable to me.
Deleted User 108965
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1096 Posts
December 09 2010 04:58 GMT
#194
On December 09 2010 13:30 DueleR wrote:
I have both a blackwidow and a filco with cherry blues, and they feel very different.

the blackwidow keys are easier to depress. that is, the actuation force is definitely not the same between the two keyboards even though they're both supposed to be 50g, and overall the blackwidow's keys themselves feel cheaper/less solid than the filco.

also, although i've had good experiences with razer in the past (own two mice + a mousepad from them), the blackwidow shipped with like ~7 or 8 keys that had somehow fallen off during shipping. I was able to put most of them back on, except one of the macro keys was actually chipped/broken and wouldn't re-attach. too lazy to get it replaced though and I don't intend to use the macro key anyway. Just a heads up.

Anyway, after I got the blackwidow i used it for a few days and then switched back to my filco. At 80$, it's a solid value, but the filco just felt a lot more comfortable to me.


yeah the filco and das are pretty clearly the better built keyboards if you have the money. The BW is good for poor people like me :D
Disciple....Top 3 control in Clarion County
eyeEX
Profile Joined June 2010
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-09 05:05:35
December 09 2010 05:04 GMT
#195
Heads up in case anyone is on the edge about buying one of these. They are $70 shipped on both Amazon and Newegg right now. I might order one in the next day or two. I have a feeling this price will go up soon. I may be wrong, but if you're planning on getting one I would do so semi-quickly.
ìX
Barett
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada454 Posts
December 09 2010 07:58 GMT
#196
With No Anti-ghosting on this keyboard I dont see how people could recommend it so highly. Shure the price point is good, but Anti-Ghosting is very important for a keyboard.
I decided to buy the Rosewill Rk-9000 with cherry Blue switches, cause the Filco boards are not being shipped anymore.
Gym, Video Games, Laundry.
indiehjaerta
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden93 Posts
December 09 2010 09:32 GMT
#197
Can't understand how Razer can have such a problem delvering these, I've had mine ordered for almost half a month and now I hear rumours about January 2011 in Europe.
Building Dark Shrines and Templar Archives to bring make Archons as fast as possible since 2010
reprise
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada316 Posts
December 09 2010 17:24 GMT
#198
On December 09 2010 16:58 Barett wrote:
With No Anti-ghosting on this keyboard I dont see how people could recommend it so highly. Shure the price point is good, but Anti-Ghosting is very important for a keyboard.
I decided to buy the Rosewill Rk-9000 with cherry Blue switches, cause the Filco boards are not being shipped anymore.


I think you're mixing up anti-ghosting with NKRO.
for graphs of passion, and charts of stars
Joementum
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
787 Posts
December 09 2010 17:29 GMT
#199
On December 09 2010 13:58 FrankWalls wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2010 13:30 DueleR wrote:
I have both a blackwidow and a filco with cherry blues, and they feel very different.

the blackwidow keys are easier to depress. that is, the actuation force is definitely not the same between the two keyboards even though they're both supposed to be 50g, and overall the blackwidow's keys themselves feel cheaper/less solid than the filco.

also, although i've had good experiences with razer in the past (own two mice + a mousepad from them), the blackwidow shipped with like ~7 or 8 keys that had somehow fallen off during shipping. I was able to put most of them back on, except one of the macro keys was actually chipped/broken and wouldn't re-attach. too lazy to get it replaced though and I don't intend to use the macro key anyway. Just a heads up.

Anyway, after I got the blackwidow i used it for a few days and then switched back to my filco. At 80$, it's a solid value, but the filco just felt a lot more comfortable to me.


yeah the filco and das are pretty clearly the better built keyboards if you have the money. The BW is good for poor people like me :D


If you have $80 to spend on a keyboard, you are nowhere near poor.

On December 09 2010 18:32 indiehjaerta wrote:
Can't understand how Razer can have such a problem delvering these, I've had mine ordered for almost half a month and now I hear rumours about January 2011 in Europe.


That's Razer for you. They suck ass at getting new products out in a good amount of time.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Bitters
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada303 Posts
December 09 2010 18:35 GMT
#200
On December 09 2010 16:58 Barett wrote:
With No Anti-ghosting on this keyboard I dont see how people could recommend it so highly. Shure the price point is good, but Anti-Ghosting is very important for a keyboard.
I decided to buy the Rosewill Rk-9000 with cherry Blue switches, cause the Filco boards are not being shipped anymore.



why do you think "anti-ghosting" or nkro is "very important" for a keyboard? do you usually have 4-6 buttons pushed simultaneously when you play? most don't... usually 2KRO handles games fine, and I believe Razer gave the BW anti-ghost clusters so that your WASD areas (from site: "Gaming optimized key matrix for minimized ghosting") to reduce the most common gaming control areas.

if i remember correctly, fruitdealer uses a 2KRO board
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko180
ProTech133
SHIN 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1153
Mind 1017
Shuttle 787
Bisu 774
Larva 643
Mini 163
EffOrt 129
Soma 119
Leta 109
Last 98
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Hyun 81
Pusan 63
ZerO 52
Sexy 52
PianO 48
Hm[arnc] 43
Trap 36
Killer 33
sorry 32
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 28
Aegong 19
yabsab 15
hero 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe571
XaKoH 384
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1389
Other Games
gofns40495
singsing2152
crisheroes337
OGKoka 184
Mew2King126
B2W.Neo70
ArmadaUGS51
Livibee19
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• LUISG 37
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8147
League of Legends
• Jankos1348
• Stunt1033
Upcoming Events
Online Event
3m
FEL
5h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 3m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.