• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7963 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 8

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
I Hott Sauce I
Profile Joined June 2010
United States91 Posts
November 11 2010 07:01 GMT
#141
Just found out from my gf that she got the Ultimate version preordered for me....yay for more blue lights in my room!
Power Overwhelming
Crensh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 23:13:25
November 11 2010 23:04 GMT
#142
Seen a couple interesting things in this thread. First one was regarding the keyboards switches. I've seen a youtube video of them taking this keyboard apart and it displayed Cherry MX Blue mechanical switches. From what I've read I am definitely interested in getting one of these keyboards. The only problem that I have with its specifications is that there is not FULL NKey Rollover capabilities as there is in Filco keyboards. The anti-ghosting is implemented in the game inspired grid design. I'm also a big fan of Unreal Tournament games so the increased difficulty to double tap 'WASD' keys to jump when compared to Cherry MX Black switches will be a bit of a problem, but for the price this thing is at its a good deal.

These things are going fast, have been unable to find one in several weeks.
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
November 12 2010 00:29 GMT
#143
On November 12 2010 08:04 Crensh wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Unreal Tournament games so the increased difficulty to double tap 'WASD' keys to jump when compared to Cherry MX Black switches will be a bit of a problem, but for the price this thing is at its a good deal.

These things are going fast, have been unable to find one in several weeks.


I actually found double tapping on my blackwidow (blue switches) to be easier than double tapping on my 6gv2 (black switches). In general, I found blacks to be more fatiguing on my fingers than blues. This is probably because without feedback, I tended to bottom out on blacks on almost every stroke whereas I was able to minimally apply pressure with the blues because of the bump and click. I never had any of the "double tap" problems that people talk about with my blackwidow.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 01:02:41
November 12 2010 00:59 GMT
#144
On November 12 2010 09:29 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 08:04 Crensh wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Unreal Tournament games so the increased difficulty to double tap 'WASD' keys to jump when compared to Cherry MX Black switches will be a bit of a problem, but for the price this thing is at its a good deal.

These things are going fast, have been unable to find one in several weeks.


I actually found double tapping on my blackwidow (blue switches) to be easier than double tapping on my 6gv2 (black switches). In general, I found blacks to be more fatiguing on my fingers than blues. This is probably because without feedback, I tended to bottom out on blacks on almost every stroke whereas I was able to minimally apply pressure with the blues because of the bump and click. I never had any of the "double tap" problems that people talk about with my blackwidow.

Because of the "double tap" and the type of fatigue you're talking about, people generally say that brown switches are the best, especially for RTS. Blacks are usually used for FPS gamers. Browns are widely held to have the best of all worlds.

Of course, preferences. Browns are what I'm getting when I buy my Filco, though.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 01:03:23
November 12 2010 01:01 GMT
#145
Edit: Sorry for that double post. My Internet slowed down and I think that caused things to get jumbled when I hit the "post" button. Mea culpa.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
November 12 2010 01:16 GMT
#146
On November 12 2010 09:59 Char711 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 09:29 Kambing wrote:
On November 12 2010 08:04 Crensh wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Unreal Tournament games so the increased difficulty to double tap 'WASD' keys to jump when compared to Cherry MX Black switches will be a bit of a problem, but for the price this thing is at its a good deal.

These things are going fast, have been unable to find one in several weeks.


I actually found double tapping on my blackwidow (blue switches) to be easier than double tapping on my 6gv2 (black switches). In general, I found blacks to be more fatiguing on my fingers than blues. This is probably because without feedback, I tended to bottom out on blacks on almost every stroke whereas I was able to minimally apply pressure with the blues because of the bump and click. I never had any of the "double tap" problems that people talk about with my blackwidow.

Because of the "double tap" and the type of fatigue you're talking about, people generally say that brown switches are the best, especially for RTS. Blacks are usually used for FPS gamers. Browns are widely held to have the best of all worlds.

Of course, preferences. Browns are what I'm getting when I buy my Filco, though.


Yeah, after my blackwidow, I'm convinced that blues or browns are the way to go. Coincidentally, they're also infinitely more pleasurable to type on which is icing on the cake for me since I spend all my time at my computer anyways.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
November 12 2010 22:25 GMT
#147
On November 12 2010 10:16 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 09:59 Char711 wrote:
On November 12 2010 09:29 Kambing wrote:
On November 12 2010 08:04 Crensh wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Unreal Tournament games so the increased difficulty to double tap 'WASD' keys to jump when compared to Cherry MX Black switches will be a bit of a problem, but for the price this thing is at its a good deal.

These things are going fast, have been unable to find one in several weeks.


I actually found double tapping on my blackwidow (blue switches) to be easier than double tapping on my 6gv2 (black switches). In general, I found blacks to be more fatiguing on my fingers than blues. This is probably because without feedback, I tended to bottom out on blacks on almost every stroke whereas I was able to minimally apply pressure with the blues because of the bump and click. I never had any of the "double tap" problems that people talk about with my blackwidow.

Because of the "double tap" and the type of fatigue you're talking about, people generally say that brown switches are the best, especially for RTS. Blacks are usually used for FPS gamers. Browns are widely held to have the best of all worlds.

Of course, preferences. Browns are what I'm getting when I buy my Filco, though.


Yeah, after my blackwidow, I'm convinced that blues or browns are the way to go. Coincidentally, they're also infinitely more pleasurable to type on which is icing on the cake for me since I spend all my time at my computer anyways.

This has basically been my reasoning for looking into it, too. As a third year undergraduate student who is going to go to graduate school, typing is something I do a lot of. I already appreciate the external keyboard I have now so much, so I can't wait to get an even nicer mechanical one.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 23:50:07
November 12 2010 23:48 GMT
#148
Surprisingly it's available on newegg for ordering O_o
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114011
First store I've seen that actually has it in stock, it's backordered on the Razer store.

edit: I see it on Best Buy's site too :O
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer - BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard/1271997.p?id=1218245810840&skuId=1271997&st=blackwidow&cp=1&lp=1

I wonder if they actually have it in stock or if it's a mistake. Both of them weren't in stock this morning.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 13 2010 19:52 GMT
#149
Those are impossible to find in Canada except through Amazon which doesn't appear to have the damn things in stock...
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 23:50:59
November 13 2010 23:50 GMT
#150
Are you sure? It says In Stock when I check it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289692209&sr=8-1

Unless you mean the ultimate version, which is still delayed till the end of the month.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
November 13 2010 23:56 GMT
#151
Blues are great. I haven't used browns so I won't compare, but blues feel really good in rts games. They are fine for any type of gaming but they shine in typing, and rts is way more like typing than your typical wasd holding things down type style.

Because of the relatively high actuation point you can really hit hotkeys quite fast. If you're zerg for instance hitting sd, sv etc feels great, since you can just sort of roll across them, same with double tapping a hotkey. Once you realize you don't have to bottom out a key it starts to feel much better than a regular keyboard
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-14 02:15:10
November 14 2010 02:13 GMT
#152
On November 14 2010 08:50 Kinky wrote:
Are you sure? It says In Stock when I check it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289692209&sr=8-1

Unless you mean the ultimate version, which is still delayed till the end of the month.

Right but I have to order through Amazon.ca which doesn't have it =(

Here: http://www.amazon.ca/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=pd_cp_sw_1
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 14 2010 06:11 GMT
#153
On November 14 2010 11:13 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 08:50 Kinky wrote:
Are you sure? It says In Stock when I check it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289692209&sr=8-1

Unless you mean the ultimate version, which is still delayed till the end of the month.

Right but I have to order through Amazon.ca which doesn't have it =(

Here: http://www.amazon.ca/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=pd_cp_sw_1

Ahh, I see. They should have it in stock within the next week, since all the suppliers are slowly getting in their shipments this weekend it seems.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 14 2010 07:20 GMT
#154
On November 14 2010 15:11 Kinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 11:13 Djzapz wrote:
On November 14 2010 08:50 Kinky wrote:
Are you sure? It says In Stock when I check it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289692209&sr=8-1

Unless you mean the ultimate version, which is still delayed till the end of the month.

Right but I have to order through Amazon.ca which doesn't have it =(

Here: http://www.amazon.ca/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8/ref=pd_cp_sw_1

Ahh, I see. They should have it in stock within the next week, since all the suppliers are slowly getting in their shipments this weekend it seems.

Cool, I'll keep checking
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
JoLanTru
Profile Joined August 2010
24 Posts
November 14 2010 10:30 GMT
#155
I have the G110, Love it. (It's the keyboard he's comparing it with.)
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 14 2010 21:40 GMT
#156
On November 14 2010 19:30 JoLanTru wrote:
I have the G110, Love it. (It's the keyboard he's comparing it with.)

If you're talking about the guy in the Amazon review, he clearly doesn't understand what a mechanical keyboard is. It sounds like a huge troll.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-14 22:04:42
November 14 2010 22:02 GMT
#157
On November 15 2010 06:40 Kinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 19:30 JoLanTru wrote:
I have the G110, Love it. (It's the keyboard he's comparing it with.)

If you're talking about the guy in the Amazon review, he clearly doesn't understand what a mechanical keyboard is. It sounds like a huge troll.

Most reviews esp non article reviews on sites are not done by people who are fair or understand what they have. Hell even the good review on the keyboard shows bias in the opposite direction, the keyboard doesn't use MX blues...

For fps gaming i rather use a G110 then a mech keyboard that and mmos i rather have a membrane keyboard, i don't need tactile feedback when it comes to prolonged pushing down a keys.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 15 2010 03:55 GMT
#158
Amazon.ca displays available in 1 to 2 months now hopefully that's wrong...

Me so sad.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
November 15 2010 04:12 GMT
#159
On November 15 2010 07:02 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 06:40 Kinky wrote:
On November 14 2010 19:30 JoLanTru wrote:
I have the G110, Love it. (It's the keyboard he's comparing it with.)

If you're talking about the guy in the Amazon review, he clearly doesn't understand what a mechanical keyboard is. It sounds like a huge troll.

Most reviews esp non article reviews on sites are not done by people who are fair or understand what they have. Hell even the good review on the keyboard shows bias in the opposite direction, the keyboard doesn't use MX blues...

For fps gaming i rather use a G110 then a mech keyboard that and mmos i rather have a membrane keyboard, i don't need tactile feedback when it comes to prolonged pushing down a keys.


Yeah, the G110 isn't half bad for FPS, and is good where you want macros. However, when I use my 7890 keys multiple times (like when I spam a bit for APM), I notice that it shakes against my table. I dunno if this is true for all G110s, but it's a little annoying. I assume a more solid and sturdy keyboard would not have the same issue.
Yargh
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 15 2010 16:40 GMT
#160
On November 15 2010 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
Amazon.ca displays available in 1 to 2 months now hopefully that's wrong...

Me so sad.

That's what it said on Amazon.com a week ago Keep hoping!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft309
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft487
PiGStarcraft309
RuFF_SC2 205
SpeCial 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 72
Hyuk 51
Stork 41
Bale 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox772
C9.Mang0323
Westballz27
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor625
Other Games
summit1g9678
Coldzera 806
JimRising 606
Sick118
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS33
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Lourlo1081
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 52m
Online Event
6h 52m
FEL
11h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.