• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11768 users

Razer Blackwidow Review - Page 9

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 15 2010 23:54 GMT
#161
On November 16 2010 01:40 Kinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
Amazon.ca displays available in 1 to 2 months now hopefully that's wrong...

Me so sad.

That's what it said on Amazon.com a week ago Keep hoping!

Sweet, ordered ^^
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 16 2010 05:19 GMT
#162
there should be restocks late november so 1 month to 2 months is a safe bet from Amazon's part.
@ggmonx
nodq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany123 Posts
November 16 2010 18:21 GMT
#163
You can order it on razerzone.com too. but still no german layout for blackwidow. i wonder when its gonna be available. i wanna have a blackwidow just to test it and hear the loud sound of the blues myself, in videos it sounds very very loud and seems to really annoy.
Spawn moooaaaar Overloooaaaarddzzzz!
Monoxide
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada1190 Posts
November 16 2010 21:34 GMT
#164
Honestly, I have the blue switches and it sounds nothing like the recordings you hear online. Having the sound sync with your typing is actually very comforting. Trust me, try it first, if you still don't like it then that's your preference. Judging without trying is just cutting a potential option.
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 16 2010 22:08 GMT
#165
I just ordered the regular edition from amazon.ca website. Status changed from 1 month to 2months to 1 to 3 weeks so i will get it b4 christmas

Can't wait to try it. I hope i will like it. I tried black switches and hate it because it tired me pretty quick but i think blue will be better. Browns may be better for gaming but i dont want to spend 150 $ for a keyboard. so i guess this keyboard is the best option i got.
@ggmonx
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 16 2010 23:34 GMT
#166
Oh I love Amazon. Normally I have Amazon Prime which lets me get free 2day shipping, but because their warehouse was really closeby I got it in one day :D I'll write a more extensive interview when I get a chance to use it more.

First impressions though, the box is huge.
The glossy finish isn't as bad as some people have said, but I keep my hands relatively clean.
The macro keys on the left is going to take some getting used to.
These blues sound like the ones on the current Das model.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 17 2010 00:21 GMT
#167
I used super saver shipping, it shipped today and I'm supposed to get it tomorrow (somehow).

That's fast. I'll write my thoughts when I get it.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Crensh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
November 18 2010 01:19 GMT
#168
I just bought one today as well, however I don't think its going to ship till tomorrow. Let me know when you get yours, I want to make sure my shipping isn't delayed. I ordered mine from best buy's site with regular 3-5 day shipping. Ill let you know what I think of this keyboard when I get it.
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
November 18 2010 01:25 GMT
#169
ordered mine from newegg at the start of the week. should be in tomorrow. 80$ on newegg.
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
Kambz
Profile Joined April 2010
18 Posts
November 18 2010 03:17 GMT
#170
Been using it for 3-4 days now loving it. Was using an flico with brown switches but it gave me wrist problems : (.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 18 2010 20:49 GMT
#171
I've been using mine for 2 days and I give it a 10/10 for what it is, and from my perspective. An amazing keyboard, typing on it is really a charm!

Good stuff:
-Keys give a pleasant feedback, LOVE the click and the fact that I can push to half way in and it registers. When I get used to it it'll be even better.
-It's sexy. I would have gotten the ultimate version if I could have. Couldn't wait though.
-I got used to it quickly.
-Just feels good

If I have to nitpick and give a few personal issues:
-It's a serious fingerprint magnet
-I have to use my old keyboard when the gf goes to sleep =(

Anyway, it's the only mechanical keyboard I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything. I don't think I'll be enjoying membrane keyboards anymore
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
November 19 2010 02:31 GMT
#172
got mine in the mail today. i think my typing speed doubled but my accuracy is pretty shit right now as the keys are spaced slightly farther apart than my old keyboard and the span is slightly wider as well. the macro keys take some getting used too (i'm not talking actually using them because i did more harm than good in sc2 with them) you are used to your left hand resting on the ctrl and shift keys during play and i keeep going to the macro keys. so that'll take some getting used to but no big deal really just a few days of play.

the keys feel amazing, this is my first mechanical keyboard and i don't think i will ever use one that has dome keys again.

only downfall as my space bar is really weak on the left side. i don't know if this is standard but it's like the right side is connected and the left isn't and I'm afraid to tinker with it yet. it's actually really annoying for typing and fps play so if i end up not fixing it i'll probably try to RMA with newegg.


80 dollars from newegg. order Sunday received it today.
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
November 26 2010 06:17 GMT
#173
Sweet

I would like to get one, but I don't see the PS/2 options/support which prevent me from buying it. It cost 100$ in here, while BW T2 is 140$.

On the other hand I recently found Filco Majestouch on sale for 140$ here, which might be a better options.

Guess I have to wait sometimes, maybe until Christmas before deciding to splash some $$$.
Entaro Adun!
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
November 30 2010 01:44 GMT
#174
Bumping to see if people think it worth it to spend the extra dough for buying the Black Widow Ultimate?

Other than the standard backlights and all, does anyone know if they have different level switches and whether these are more preferable than those in the regular edition? (I think i read that they're cherry-reds? I'm new to the mechanical keyboard sling)

Price difference $80 for normal, $135 for ultimate.
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
Skuller
Profile Joined September 2010
United States197 Posts
November 30 2010 01:49 GMT
#175
No difference in switches. Differences are lighting, usb port, 3.5mm audio ports.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
December 02 2010 07:22 GMT
#176
Just got mine. Ordered from razerzone on sat/sun arrived on wed. Fairly pissed about the price markup since we are almost on par with the US dollar but I got it anyway. (site redirects to local one ended up costing like 135 au)

So I recommended getting it from the US somehow.

Love the feedback on this keyboard. The audible clicks just reaffirm you have pressed the key and you get used to the sound. Excellent for typing, the more traditional key spacing opposed to my arctosa. Its like the keys are were u expect them to be. Except for the poor placement of the macro keys. Gonna take me forever to get used to that.

Haven't really tested it for gaming yet. I'll load up academy and give it a workout tonight. So far I'm quite pleased with the product and the novel l33t pack it came with
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Joementum
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
787 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 09:42:38
December 02 2010 09:37 GMT
#177
Amazon has it in stock! I was searching for a new mouse and happened to stumble upon it. No idea when they got it in stock though. I know it was out of stock around November 10th or so when I ordered mine from RazerZone. It's getting good reviews there too :O.

There is also no difference between switches between this and the ultimate version. You're basically paying $50 for lighting and a USB port. Totally not worth it.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 10:59:59
December 02 2010 10:59 GMT
#178
Hmm, seems like a rip-off to me. I'll stick with my good ol' SEM DT-35.
Joementum
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
787 Posts
December 02 2010 18:29 GMT
#179
On December 02 2010 19:59 NeVeR wrote:
Hmm, seems like a rip-off to me. I'll stick with my good ol' SEM DT-35.


It definitely isn't a rip-off considering it's a mechanical keyboard. You really can't buy a mechanical keyboard anywhere else for $80.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Jtn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
444 Posts
December 02 2010 22:06 GMT
#180
I just bought mine 2 days ago and it is a complete DREAM to type on. Such a good upgrade from my Logitech G15. I think people who say the Blue switches are too loud are a bit over exaggerating. It's not loud at all unless you share the room with someone else. My only complaint about the actual keyboard itself is that the glossy part by the wrist area gets smudged easily, but nothing a quick wipe can't fix.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko348
SHIN 232
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40831
Bisu 2100
Shuttle 1916
Hyuk 1679
Larva 415
EffOrt 412
Soma 395
Mini 352
ZerO 286
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 87
hero 82
Zeus 72
Pusan 62
Killer 48
Hm[arnc] 47
Hyun 47
Sexy 45
Trap 45
Bale 40
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 27
PianO 25
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Rock 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4550
qojqva1543
Dendi952
XcaliburYe355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor794
crisheroes679
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
gofns39910
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1184
Happy324
DeMusliM259
Livibee137
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX63
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9843
League of Legends
• Jankos1674
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 54m
INu's Battles
22h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.