• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:49
CEST 19:49
KST 02:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

What gaming mouse is best for Starcraft 2? - Page 17

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 46 Next All
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
July 23 2010 16:08 GMT
#321
Man I'm trying to invest in a new mouse and just don't know what to do.

Currently I have an mx518 at home and a Logitech wheel mouse at work.

The mx518 I find really hard to use with a fingertip grip. It's a bit big and bulky with it's high arch and the way there's a ridge for the side buttons makes the grip less ideal to me so usually I end up holding it in a palm grip.

The Logitech wheel mouse at work feels great though in terms of size with it's lower arch and smaller size and weight. Just naturally I spend all day gripping this mouse in a fingertip style like I want for SC2.

Anyways I'm looking at a few mice and dunno what to do.

Spectre - The pros are it's small arch and length and the fact it has 5 buttons*, the cons are $80 for APM TECHNOLOGY.
Abyssus - Bigger than the spectre, but also cheaper and not as wide. Has a bigger arch and no 4th and 5th buttons though
Salmosa - A bit harder to find, clearly very small but the DPI is a bit dated at 1800 and I hear the mouse buttons sweak. Also very cheap though which seems like a plus. No 4th and 5th buttons. It seems like I'd rather just spend the extra money for the Spectre to get the 4th and 5th buttons.
Steel Series Kinzu - Also small and compact with a nice low arch. No 4th/5th buttons. Good price though. My main complaint is that I haven't heard a lot about this mouse.

Hmm choices choices. If only I could actually put these mice in my hand before having to decide whether or not it's a good buy.

*5 buttons aren't essential to me, but it is nice because you can use thumb for voice comms.
Logo
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
July 23 2010 16:34 GMT
#322
Personally I love my Razer Mamba
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
darksub
Profile Joined July 2010
Argentina302 Posts
July 23 2010 16:38 GMT
#323
im currently on a logitech lx7, but most logitech i tryed work fine
divide et vinces
MorNin
Profile Joined June 2010
United States443 Posts
July 23 2010 16:42 GMT
#324
Razer Naga

Has been really good for me so far
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
July 23 2010 16:44 GMT
#325
I use an Intellimouse for FPS and a Logitech Optical Mini for non-FPS. I love both.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
July 23 2010 17:01 GMT
#326
Razer Deathadder. If you're right-handed and choose anything else the drugs you are taking are obscuring your ability to select a good mouse.

Also only around $40
Jantix
Profile Joined June 2010
United States48 Posts
July 23 2010 17:31 GMT
#327
Really it depends what grip you use.

I'm fingertip and I really like my Razer Salmosa
cHuT.LoL
Profile Joined June 2010
United States34 Posts
July 23 2010 19:31 GMT
#328
Just use any mouse. A "gamer" mouse really isn't going to improve your gameplay in any way.
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 19:35:41
July 23 2010 19:34 GMT
#329
On July 24 2010 04:31 cHuT.LoL wrote:
Just use any mouse. A "gamer" mouse really isn't going to improve your gameplay in any way.


Disagree. A "gamer mouse" won't, but a good mouse will. Upon switching from G5 to Deathadder in Warsow, my accuracy spiked some 15%. It had WAY higher top speed than the G5 (and most default cheap mice, for that matter), which allowed me to use the low sensitivity that is needed in games like that. Furthermore, it doesn't suffer from negative/positive acceleration, meaning that your aim will be more consistent. And that is switching from a good mouse to a better mouse.
Now compare going from a skipping cheap optical to a good mouse.

If you're talking purely about RTS, perhaps, but I can imagine that having good micro is nigh impossible if you have an unreliable mouse.
I never really felt the difference until I tried a better one. Many people simply don't even realize their mouse has a top speed, simply because they instinctively keep it under that speed or else it will skip. Once you feel that you could have been going 3x as fast and it was your mouse holding you back, you'll think differently though.
Rubyfire
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany186 Posts
July 23 2010 20:08 GMT
#330
On July 23 2010 18:17 Deckkie wrote:
So im thinking about buying the imperator or the G9x. I have heard that the imperator has problems when you pick it up (supposedly when you pick up the mouse the arrow moves a little to the lower right) can anyone who has the imperator comment on this, and tell if it's true, and yes if its much of a burden?

Yeah, it's true.
To be honest, I never noticed this before I've read it and tried it.
I have to barely reposition it, because I'm playing @ 2000DPI with the standard SC2-sensitivity on a huge mousepad (Razer Destructor).

Are you allowed to return products for some time (2 weeks here in Germany) after you bought them?
So you could try, if this bugs you.

Technically speaking it seems to be an issue of the sensor, used for the Imperator.
It's called "Philips Twin-Eye".
Mice, using this sensor:
-Razer Mamba
-Razer Naga
-Razer Lachesis
-Razer Imperator
-Silverstone Raven

The problem with this sensor is, that it tracks Z-Axis movement and reacts to it with a diagonal movement of the mouse cursor.
I have to say though, that I can only notice this issue, if I lift it a little and then put it back on the mousepad without moving it while it's lifted.
Nothing suits me like a suit.
BeyondCtrL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden642 Posts
July 23 2010 20:37 GMT
#331
I recently purchased a Mionix Naos 5000. Hadn't heard of this company before, but reading some of the reviews impressed me and I decided to try out this Swedish made mouse.

The Mionix Naos 5000 is fully awesome. It has awesome tracking, and possibly the best scroll-wheel I have had the pleasure to scroll. It also is the most comfortable mouse I have ever groped, destroying my DeathAdder hands-down. I can alternate from palm-to-claw easily and comfortably, and the superb weight-cubes allow the mouse to be light or heavy (without them it's quite light and perfect for my RTS sessions).

If you have some money I would definitely recommend this mouse:
http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos5000
Deckkie
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1595 Posts
July 23 2010 21:36 GMT
#332
On July 24 2010 05:08 SB.Legendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2010 18:17 Deckkie wrote:
So im thinking about buying the imperator or the G9x. I have heard that the imperator has problems when you pick it up (supposedly when you pick up the mouse the arrow moves a little to the lower right) can anyone who has the imperator comment on this, and tell if it's true, and yes if its much of a burden?

Yeah, it's true.
To be honest, I never noticed this before I've read it and tried it.
I have to barely reposition it, because I'm playing @ 2000DPI with the standard SC2-sensitivity on a huge mousepad (Razer Destructor).

Are you allowed to return products for some time (2 weeks here in Germany) after you bought them?
So you could try, if this bugs you.

Technically speaking it seems to be an issue of the sensor, used for the Imperator.
It's called "Philips Twin-Eye".
Mice, using this sensor:
-Razer Mamba
-Razer Naga
-Razer Lachesis
-Razer Imperator
-Silverstone Raven

The problem with this sensor is, that it tracks Z-Axis movement and reacts to it with a diagonal movement of the mouse cursor.
I have to say though, that I can only notice this issue, if I lift it a little and then put it back on the mousepad without moving it while it's lifted.


Thanks a lot :D
but in the end I bought the logitech G9x... great mouse, love the unorthodox look of it ^^
Always look on the bright side of life
DeMusliM
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom401 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 21:42:10
July 23 2010 21:41 GMT
#333
Most Razer mice have Mouse prediction and acceleration - (which you definetely don't want) - and/or don't work on cloth, pretty unreliable i don't recommend them, only the earliest models like the optical Diamondback 1600 dpi are even worth contemplating - which Razer don't actually produce anymore.
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 22:22:08
July 23 2010 22:19 GMT
#334
On July 24 2010 06:41 DeMusliM wrote:
Most Razer mice have Mouse prediction and acceleration - (which you definetely don't want) - and/or don't work on cloth, pretty unreliable i don't recommend them, only the earliest models like the optical Diamondback 1600 dpi are even worth contemplating - which Razer don't actually produce anymore.


My Deathadder works especially well on cloth (Everglide Titan, when compared to Exactmat, various Corepad and Icemat).Your mileage may vary, as with any mouse/pad combination.
Also, I can't speak for all Razer mice since I haven't nearly tried them all, but the Deathadder in particular was scientifically tested and found to have the highest control speed and lowest negative acceleration of all mice tested, including the IE3.0, 1.1, MX518 and 510(overclocked and non-overclocked).
Also, there is a driver option/firmware upgrade for basically all Razer mice since the Boomslang that allows you to disable the prediction function.

I'm not saying all Razer mice are perfect, but you can't really make sweeping statements like that when there is definitive evidence to the contrary.

Funnily, the model you recommend is notorious for it's sketchy build quality and acceleration. More or less everything after the diamondback was better on that front.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
July 23 2010 22:22 GMT
#335
i dont think there is the best mouse to use...
its just about personal preferences. im using logitech mice since im playing games on a competetive level because the size of it just fits my hand. i tried using a razer diamondback but i just cant stand it...
FTD
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 24 2010 00:59 GMT
#336
On July 24 2010 06:41 DeMusliM wrote:
Most Razer mice have Mouse prediction and acceleration - (which you definetely don't want) - and/or don't work on cloth, pretty unreliable i don't recommend them, only the earliest models like the optical Diamondback 1600 dpi are even worth contemplating - which Razer don't actually produce anymore.


Abyssus doesnt. It's a great mouse, similar to lachesis but without the mouse prediction+acceleration.
beep boop
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
July 24 2010 01:01 GMT
#337
My intelli mouse has been my favorite mouse that I got with my computer with 2006. Gone through many samples at best buy (they have a 30 day return policy) and ended up returning all of them. Finally replaced my old one with a new intelli because the middle button went to shit (not that it affected my SC), as it would sometimes not register a click and othertimes register it as 3 clicks (made it annoying for browsing the internet).

Def the best gaming mouse I've ever used.
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-24 01:20:29
July 24 2010 01:19 GMT
#338
Depends on your grip. I use a palm grip, and as a result of that pretty much any mouse but the Deathadder is a worse choice.

Funnily, the model you recommend is notorious for it's sketchy build quality and acceleration. More or less everything after the diamondback was better on that front.


Really? I bought the Copperhead when it came out and it was awful compared to the Diamondback in pretty much every area.
Like a G6
ckw
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1018 Posts
July 24 2010 01:33 GMT
#339
I appreciate Razer for sponsering and taking interest in bettering the E-Sport scene but they are epic fail IMO...
Being weak is a choice.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 24 2010 09:20 GMT
#340
On July 24 2010 10:19 kzn wrote:
Depends on your grip. I use a palm grip, and as a result of that pretty much any mouse but the Deathadder is a worse choice.

The imperator is for palm grip users as well, I'm thinking about getting it.
beep boop
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 494
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech59
JuggernautJason30
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33200
Calm 3361
Shuttle 1111
actioN 223
firebathero 179
Hyuk 114
Barracks 110
Dewaltoss 104
Liquid`Ret 69
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 26
Aegong 24
HiyA 23
Bale 22
soO 20
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8414
Dendi1083
XaKoH 358
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
KnowMe84
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1038
fl0m1037
x6flipin544
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu7
Other Games
singsing2270
FrodaN1412
Beastyqt697
ceh9371
B2W.Neo365
mouzStarbuck278
Livibee190
byalli178
C9.Mang0138
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr76
Mew2King49
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
Other Games
• Shiphtur887
• imaqtpie602
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 26m
Replay Cast
5h 11m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.