• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:55
CEST 03:55
KST 10:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6934 users

What gaming mouse is best for Starcraft 2? - Page 46

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 All
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
February 24 2012 11:03 GMT
#901
Buy the new kinzu imo!
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
February 24 2012 11:17 GMT
#902
mm the kinzu is not good for starcraft, it has double click issue and also innaccurate sensor, unless you have really slow apm, I would never get the Kinzu, I bought it and regret it because I can never use it.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-24 11:48:29
February 24 2012 11:48 GMT
#903
On February 24 2012 20:17 GGzerG wrote:
mm the kinzu is not good for starcraft, it has double click issue and also innaccurate sensor, unless you have really slow apm, I would never get the Kinzu, I bought it and regret it because I can never use it.


Did you get the old Kinzu or the new Kinzu? I heard that the Kinzu V2 Pro Edition has most of the problems from its predecessors fixed.
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
March 22 2012 06:20 GMT
#904
I'm using cm storm xornet really like it also very cheap not overpriced like razer/steelseries. also just ordered ktec 9500+ to try it.
TL+ Member
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
March 22 2012 07:40 GMT
#905
On February 24 2012 20:48 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2012 20:17 GGzerG wrote:
mm the kinzu is not good for starcraft, it has double click issue and also innaccurate sensor, unless you have really slow apm, I would never get the Kinzu, I bought it and regret it because I can never use it.


Did you get the old Kinzu or the new Kinzu? I heard that the Kinzu V2 Pro Edition has most of the problems from its predecessors fixed.

The jumping issue is fixed, but it still has a fairly low malfunction speed which is problematic for low sens players (less so in SC2 than other games, though), while also not being very good at high CPI settings.

Most people are probably better off with the Kana than the Kinzu v2, for $5 more. It has cheaper feet and buttons, but it's got much better tracking (with the same sensor), plus the extra buttons.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
mk.ultra
Profile Joined March 2012
United States54 Posts
March 30 2012 04:23 GMT
#906
I just ordered a Mionix Naos 3200 and Microsoft Sidewinder X4 I'll report back after they arrive and I try them out for a few weeks.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Slipspace
Profile Joined May 2010
United States381 Posts
March 30 2012 04:31 GMT
#907
ive used a lot of mice and the logitech g9x is my favorite because of build quality and feel alone

its a little heavier than most other steelseries/razer mice but you get used to it
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
March 30 2012 05:29 GMT
#908
If only the g9x didn't have the worst middle click in the history of mice
swarley91
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 15:15:10
April 11 2012 15:06 GMT
#909
i bought the kinzu v2 yesterday and since then i lost every game, i adjusted the dpi
and the mouse sensitivity and i feel steell unconfortable...and suggestions? maybe i need just a week or two but maybe its because of the mouse..
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 18:40 GMT
#910
On April 12 2012 00:06 swarley91 wrote:
i bought the kinzu v2 yesterday and since then i lost every game, i adjusted the dpi
and the mouse sensitivity and i feel steell unconfortable...and suggestions? maybe i need just a week or two but maybe its because of the mouse..


It's probably because the Kinzu has built in acceleration. That is, the faster you move the mouse the more the firmware increases the speed of the mouse cursor. While some people like it, most people don't as it drastically reduces the accuracy of the cursor and makes it difficult too build up muscle memory as the cursor doesn't always respond exactly the same to mouse input.

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
swarley91
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany32 Posts
April 11 2012 19:10 GMT
#911
does the deathadder have this, too?
Celadan
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway471 Posts
April 11 2012 19:12 GMT
#912
On April 12 2012 04:10 swarley91 wrote:
does the deathadder have this, too?

Not any that i know of
спеціальна Тактика
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 11 2012 19:17 GMT
#913
On April 12 2012 04:10 swarley91 wrote:
does the deathadder have this, too?


No, the death adder does not have built in acceleration.

I'll risk sounding elitist and highly suggest you use this thread instead: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174311

It has far more information.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
NewbieOne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland560 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 02:48:47
July 18 2012 02:48 GMT
#914
I loved my G9X despite how it was seriously too short for my fingers. Got myself the "id" grip for palming, which allowed me to play ME2-3 with more comfort and precision than the "precision" or "wide load" grips. But I hadn't played SC2 much with that grip, if it all, before the mouse died on me again and I feel this time it won't get up (it has that inexplicable habit of dying for a period of time). What I've discovered after using the G9X for a longer while is that I now hold and move my old A4-tech X-478K (form-factor is close to the DeathAdder and the sensor to the MX-518) in a different way, as in more aggressive with it and still more in control. It does feel a bit weird on a hard plastic mat (4HD from SS). At any rate, I'm finding in me a new love for this mouse. I've removed the weights and the plastic cover of the weights section to reduce weight as far as I can because of the RSI but it does move better, with a lovely fluidity and all, when you use the full set of weights (I also use a double layer of sliders, for some reason two has always worked better for me than one).

I'd been looking forward to the Kana and the Kinzu v2 but I'm worried about the reports of poor behaviour at higher DPI. Interpolated or not, poor traction at officially advertised DPIs is not acceptable, especially considering that just getting a cheap mouse perfectly suited to one's hand (after trying a million) and doing essentially the same stuff as interpolation by moving the sliders can still get you not bad performance and comfort. Comfort is more important than technical details anyway. Good luck being able to make full use of non-accel, non-prediction etc. in an RTS game when your palm or finger muscles are screaming or you're just tired to forced to keep shifting your grip. I'm really not sure if I want to spend money on Kinzu v2 or Kana just to try them and be disappointed. Could try the Saphira from TT (it has prediction but anyway) but with the 4HD hard mat I should probably stick with laser mice (plus, the G9X did feel more precise when microing than my old mouse). But I'm beginning to think I like optical sensors better after all (not for the same reasons as initially when you simply avoided them because they were bad). Might end up getting an Ikari (I really like the way it's longer on the right side while being a right-handed mouse, that is well thought)... or simply keeping the A4-Tech for palming and getting a light-weight fingertipper/claw one for RTS.

Basically, I want something that tracks well, is predictable, RSI-friendly, friendly to big palms and long fingers, two buttons and a wheel, no silly stuff on the sides, sensor right in the centre. And definitely not the weight of the G9X (and I'm talking without the weights). There is some luck finding this among optical mice but I can't name a single laser one to fit the description. At least as far as gaming mice are concerned. I've played SC2 with some office laser mice that felt great.

A propos, anybody with the Saphira?
StarStrider
Profile Joined August 2011
United States689 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 05:39:08
July 19 2012 05:31 GMT
#915
I love my Razer Naga for SC2. I don't use macro keys or anything that requires special software, so as to keep my hand habits tournament legal should I play in one. I simply prefer it because it gives me access to 1 through 0 keys for hotkeying quickly. I still use my keyboard for switching between groups.... but for making and adding to hotkeys, nothing beats it, as you never have to do the "stretch" to hit those awkward 6 through 0 keys. I highly recommend it!

EDIT: I love the numpad funtions, but even if you ignore it completely, it still has the most comfortable grip I've ever felt in a mouse, with a nice ringfinger rest for finger/claw grip (which is very stable imo) and the slight right tilt of it is very ergonomic. Plus it has that classic razer finger dip on the main mouse buttons which is ergo and makes clicking speedy, and finally it is a bit chunkier, but still not heavy, giving you plenty to hold onto, while still being able to throw it around quickly since it's light. I give it a 10/10 for SC2!
Spontaneous Pneumothorax sucks, please keep MVP sC in your thoughts. sC fighting! 힘내세요
tahmias
Profile Joined July 2012
6 Posts
July 19 2012 05:37 GMT
#916
If you like the MS 3.0 you're gonna love Zowie EC1

[image loading]

Best mouse I've ever owned, and I've been around a fair bunch of steelseries, logitech, razer and MS mice.
NewbieOne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland560 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 13:39:31
July 19 2012 13:38 GMT
#917
On July 19 2012 14:37 tahmias wrote:
If you like the MS 3.0 you're gonna love Zowie EC1

[image loading]

Best mouse I've ever owned, and I've been around a fair bunch of steelseries, logitech, razer and MS mice.


I've heard so much about both it and the MSIE that I might as well give it a go just to experience the thing. You think it should be better than Kana/Kinzu v2 or TT's Azurues/Saphira more classical offer?

If only it did NOT have the side buttons! (Although I've been experimenting with those lately.)
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
November 01 2012 23:04 GMT
#918
Dont but a zowie mico, the buttons are to stiff and fuck up with some motherboards and its unfucking fixable. i just smashed mine its useless.
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
November 02 2012 00:40 GMT
#919
If you play at 800 dpi or below then the steelseries kana is amazing. The sensor gets terribly inaccurate if you go above 800 though, luckily that seems to be the perfect fit for me.
gosublade
Profile Joined May 2011
632 Posts
November 02 2012 01:36 GMT
#920
Mx518 still the best mouse ever made
Not even death can save you from me.
Prev 1 44 45 46 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 174
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14741
Rain 1511
GuemChi 877
sorry 35
Bale 16
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever434
NeuroSwarm194
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 454
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1060
Mew2King93
Other Games
summit1g6561
JimRising 534
WinterStarcraft507
C9.Mang0176
ViBE131
Trikslyr59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick808
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta42
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt210
Other Games
• Scarra954
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 6m
INu's Battles
9h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 6m
OSC
20h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 6m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.