• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:29
CEST 15:29
KST 22:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10008 users

What gaming mouse is best for Starcraft 2? - Page 15

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 46 Next All
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 11:14:02
July 06 2010 11:12 GMT
#281
If the MX518 / MX510 was on the poll it would win.
Santriell
Profile Joined June 2010
Belgium151 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 11:19:56
July 06 2010 11:15 GMT
#282
A trackball.

Nah, seriously, I bought a GXT-14 from trust as a replaced for a logitech that committed suicide.

It's nicely ergonomic (can play for hours and hours without getting the all-too-common "dull fingers" feeling), has a button that you can hit to increase/decrease DPI on the fly and overall is nice to handle, altho I admit its weird shape makes you kind of feel like "omg WTF" the first few hours.

And it's under 40$. Can't go wrong really.

[image loading]
[image loading]

By the clack smack cracking of my thumbs, something wicked this may comes.
kalleralle
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden183 Posts
July 06 2010 11:23 GMT
#283
I'm looking for a replacement for my IE. Want a big heavy mouse for big hands.
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
July 06 2010 12:19 GMT
#284
On July 06 2010 20:23 kalleralle wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement for my IE. Want a big heavy mouse for big hands.


Logitech G5. Customizable weight, I have large hands and also like a big heavier of a mouse.

Was very satisfied with mine (Dog chewed through the cord unfortunately. But it lasted 2 years until then)
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
perfectflaw72
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada94 Posts
July 06 2010 12:33 GMT
#285
The razer Orochi is not to expensive but its good for on the fly its razaers most portable mouse it can be wireless or wired and you can turn up the sensitivity on the fly to your licking and is very small and cool http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/razerusa/images/product/detail/razer-orochi-mb.jpg
B.net is down :( but Summers UP :D
Pupsilein
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany17 Posts
July 06 2010 12:36 GMT
#286
[image loading]

I just ordered this one (Sharkoon FireGlider Black edition) to replace my Intellimouse. I need a mouse that is better on different surfaces, because I don't want to rely on a gaming mousepad all the time. In the summer my hands get sweaty and after a while the Intellimouse starts acting up and jumping around.

It has adjustable weights and 6 programmable buttons, which work even without a special driver.
Zapperkhan
Profile Joined October 2008
United States437 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 12:46:46
July 06 2010 12:44 GMT
#287
On July 06 2010 21:36 Pupsilein wrote:
[image loading]

I just ordered this one (Sharkoon FireGlider Black edition) to replace my Intellimouse. I need a mouse that is better on different surfaces, because I don't want to rely on a gaming mousepad all the time. In the summer my hands get sweaty and after a while the Intellimouse starts acting up and jumping around.

It has adjustable weights and 6 programmable buttons, which work even without a special driver.

You could've spent 5 dollars on new mouse feet.

Unless you mean you're using like your couch as a mousepad.

Also: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 13:02:03
July 06 2010 12:57 GMT
#288
choosing mouse is actually an art:
+ hand shape, hand position(claw) is different from person to person
+ the level of softness of the left/right buttons on the mouse(sometime this can hold off your apm)
+ weight, smoothness, appearence

its kinda hard to decide which one is the best but "which one is the best FOR YOU"

to me it could be this one
microsoft wired optical mouse 3000
[image loading]

reason: its light, the rate of rebounce on 2 buttons are quite fast, mobility for gaming on laptop

or it could be a razer abysus which i just grap from the store 22 hours ago...

Edit: i strongly recommend EVERYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A PROPER MOUSE to look into razer's support website where they teach you how to choose your own mouse base on your own information. It could be a non-razer mouse but check it out!!!!
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Pupsilein
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany17 Posts
July 06 2010 13:29 GMT
#289
On July 06 2010 21:44 Zapperkhan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2010 21:36 Pupsilein wrote:
[image loading]

I just ordered this one (Sharkoon FireGlider Black edition) to replace my Intellimouse. I need a mouse that is better on different surfaces, because I don't want to rely on a gaming mousepad all the time. In the summer my hands get sweaty and after a while the Intellimouse starts acting up and jumping around.

It has adjustable weights and 6 programmable buttons, which work even without a special driver.

You could've spent 5 dollars on new mouse feet.

Unless you mean you're using like your couch as a mousepad.

Also: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679


I use some kind of mouse pad from ikea which works quite well, unless the surface is a little bit wet. Then the optical sensor gets spasticity.
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 06 2010 13:33 GMT
#290
I never really use the functions on different mouses and so.. Just get one that feels good.. Since i have pretty big hands, i got the Logitech MX518, G5 as it may be called.. Woorks out just fine..
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 06 2010 13:33 GMT
#291
On July 06 2010 20:12 Duelist wrote:
If the MX518 / MX510 was on the poll it would win.

You`re as right as a man can be!
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
Yamoth
Profile Joined February 2009
United States315 Posts
July 06 2010 13:34 GMT
#292
I used the Anywhere MX. I know alot of people here have a thing against wireless for gaming, but for some reason I just feel so comfortable using it for just about anything.
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 22:19:06
July 11 2010 22:18 GMT
#293
What's a good, small mouse that's shaped just like this one? I think symmetrical mouses are more for me because they don't put too much pressure on the ball of my palm.

[image loading]
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
July 11 2010 23:40 GMT
#294
I use the Genius Ergo 555. It is the most comfortable mouse ever and can store 5 different profiles on the actual mouse (so it carries across computers) about X/Y dpi and macros.

I have owned Razer, MS and Logitech mice before and they just feel cheap, nasty and inaccurate in comparison.

[image loading]

My second choice if I had one would be Logitech though.
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
July 11 2010 23:50 GMT
#295
If anyone's checking out the Razer Abyssus, I can say that it's very very good... feels like it was made for this game. Definitely better than my old MS 3.0. Made for clawgrip
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
July 12 2010 02:08 GMT
#296
This is my third year using the Razer Copperhead and its still running strong. I will not be replacing it unless it breaks, probably need some new mouse feet/mouse pad soon however.
i-bonjwa
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
July 12 2010 02:17 GMT
#297
i really wish that poll had more than 2 mice in it =/
Ajsbear
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden63 Posts
July 12 2010 11:50 GMT
#298
I spent the break from beta upgrading my kit and bought the following:

Razer Destructor Mousepad

This is seriously awesome. Had a steel series pad before but this is something extra. I have had alot of different pads in my years of gaming and this beats everything by a lot. I hadn't tested it but read some reviews and it was recommended by Razer to go with my new mouse:

Razer Imperator

And the two make an amazing couple. I switched to a pure palm grip and cranked my sensitivity up by quite a lot and I could just feel after a couple of games this weekend now how much my control have improved. Just yesterday I found myself thinking "holy crap" when I was in an early rush micro battle and pulled off some sweet moves.

Anyway, two points to this:

1) Don't neglect your mouse pad.
2) No matter what you end up with, good hardware can and will improve your game so play around until you find YOUR combo. The above is mine right now...
The delicate touch of the viking flower doth take out the colossi - Artosis
kar1181
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom515 Posts
July 19 2010 09:32 GMT
#299
Well I bought the steel series xai, and I've since gone back to my trusty (and overly worn) mx 518.

The xai is the better mouse, it's noticeably smoother and it's tracking is remarkable. But it doesn't 'feel' very nice, especially in RTS. It's probably better in first person games though.

My problems with it is mostly down to the buttons one the right side of the mouse. With my (above average hand size) and grip, I can't avoid clicking those right buttons. Now they aren't bound to anything, but it's so annoying to me.

Also, I could never get used to a DPI/sensitivity that just felt right to me. Especially in starcraft where I couldn't move the mouse around as fast as I could with the MX518 without really ramping up the DPI. When you do that then your micro gets real difficult.

So I binned it (well put it back in its box for ebay) and I'm going to buy a new 518. I wish I could have the 518 with the newer laser sensors and everything else the same. That would be the *perfect* RTS mouse.
Kinmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States104 Posts
July 19 2010 10:44 GMT
#300
Another vote for the G5 if you have big hands. I can palm a basketball, not talking Shaq hands by any means, but they are larger than average. A lot of the flatter mice simply feel too awkward because my finger tips will hang over the front of the mice which makes clicking a huge pain in the ass. The G5 has a decent sized hump which feels ergonomic and its a tad bigger than your standard mouse as well.

I would NEVER by a mouse unless I was able see how it feels in my hand first. It doesn't matter how many buttons, how much DPI, or whatever: if your hand doesn't feel comfortable using it then it's not worth the money.
"Dimaga getting just the right amount of banelings to kill 100% of everything!" - Day[9]
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1404
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 236
MaxPax 142
Rex 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65479
Calm 3741
Shuttle 3116
Bisu 1879
FanTaSy 1612
EffOrt 396
Stork 358
Soma 294
Mini 293
firebathero 290
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 271
Rush 234
Light 233
ZerO 177
Soulkey 150
Last 133
Snow 129
Zeus 123
actioN 121
Barracks 107
Killer 79
Dewaltoss 62
hero 61
Sea.KH 61
Mong 54
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
NotJumperer 40
Bale 38
Shinee 38
Free 33
ToSsGirL 32
sorry 27
Yoon 26
PianO 26
Shine 24
Sharp 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 17
zelot 15
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6106
Dendi754
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1291
kRYSTAL_375
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko401
Other Games
gofns39591
singsing2160
B2W.Neo693
hiko366
crisheroes295
DeMusliM258
byalli193
Livibee164
Hui .145
Mew2King94
Liquid`VortiX78
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
Replay Cast
9h 31m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.