• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:31
CEST 08:31
KST 15:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7761 users

Rail aka "Verdi" retires, switching to WarCraft 3 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
66 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Nithala
Profile Joined February 2019
Serbia18 Posts
April 21 2019 14:56 GMT
#21
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
April 21 2019 14:59 GMT
#22
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 21 2019 15:14 GMT
#23
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.

It is better balanced racially for sure. On the other hand SC2 can be crazy frustrating to play for other reasons

End of the day, the scenes that built eSports didn’t have streaming, didn’t have that much cash etc.

Even if WC3 doesn’t take off hugely after Reforged, it still has a lot going for it.

I don’t like playing team games, or watching them much either, RTS is my thing genre wise and I prefer 1v1 stuff. A healthier overall RTS scene might even see someone make a new one sometime :O

Grubby switching to WC3 from Heroes alone has a fair amount of people on his chat who’ve never really played RTS but they’re sticking around and showing some interest, hell Grubby did a whole stream just to explain things to those folks
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
April 21 2019 15:18 GMT
#24
Really unfortunate to see someone quitting for circumstance driven reasons of the sort--feels much worse than just someone retiring. Regardless best of luck with WC3 Rail.
Nithala
Profile Joined February 2019
Serbia18 Posts
April 21 2019 15:38 GMT
#25
On April 21 2019 23:59 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.


Well, I am not following scene much for past 4,5 months but when i played I know so many players switched and played kotg+alchemist combo which was sick. I m glad if things changed but I see many WCG competitors on EU event complaining about elf again.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-21 15:43:39
April 21 2019 15:40 GMT
#26
On April 21 2019 19:04 seemsgood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 18:02 Musicus wrote:
Well best of luck to him. Hopefully Blizz will release more news about Reforged soon.


watching the reforged trailer alone is enough for any war 3 veteran to comeback.undeniably the best remastered version blizz've pulled out so far
cookie for them

It definitely looks great and my friends and I are already back on the wc3 train. But still, they haven't shown anything new since BlizzCon. Even just releasing the Nightelf unit models or something like that would be cool to keep the hype going.

Edit: Also damn, the visa situation is really horrible for russian players now .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Nithala
Profile Joined February 2019
Serbia18 Posts
April 21 2019 15:41 GMT
#27
On April 22 2019 00:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.

It is better balanced racially for sure. On the other hand SC2 can be crazy frustrating to play for other reasons

End of the day, the scenes that built eSports didn’t have streaming, didn’t have that much cash etc.

Even if WC3 doesn’t take off hugely after Reforged, it still has a lot going for it.

I don’t like playing team games, or watching them much either, RTS is my thing genre wise and I prefer 1v1 stuff. A healthier overall RTS scene might even see someone make a new one sometime :O

Grubby switching to WC3 from Heroes alone has a fair amount of people on his chat who’ve never really played RTS but they’re sticking around and showing some interest, hell Grubby did a whole stream just to explain things to those folks


Well, it would be surely something which would atract me. But I see many 7 day comebacks. Grubby did great job, so as Happy but they live of streaming. Not of tournaments they dont participate in. Maybe in reforged.
I mean, I am very nostalgic about names and teams which are established lately but game stayed in bad state. We will see what reforged brings to us but im expressing my own opinion that its going to fail.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 21 2019 15:45 GMT
#28
On April 22 2019 00:38 Nithala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 23:59 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.


Well, I am not following scene much for past 4,5 months but when i played I know so many players switched and played kotg+alchemist combo which was sick. I m glad if things changed but I see many WCG competitors on EU event complaining about elf again.

I mean if Grubby is complaining there’s probably a problem. Not because he’s always right but he’s mr positive and focus on improving.

He plays a different race each stream night, on his Nelf night he has swapped to going Warden in all non-mirrors on a few days, because he felt Keeper is too good/boring and wanted to mix it up.

So yeah I think it’s safe to say Nelf is probably a bit strong, although I believe a patch is coming soon
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
April 21 2019 15:52 GMT
#29
Good luck, kick some ass in WC3!
Neosteel Enthusiast
Nithala
Profile Joined February 2019
Serbia18 Posts
April 21 2019 16:00 GMT
#30
On April 22 2019 00:45 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2019 00:38 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:59 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.


Well, I am not following scene much for past 4,5 months but when i played I know so many players switched and played kotg+alchemist combo which was sick. I m glad if things changed but I see many WCG competitors on EU event complaining about elf again.

I mean if Grubby is complaining there’s probably a problem. Not because he’s always right but he’s mr positive and focus on improving.

He plays a different race each stream night, on his Nelf night he has swapped to going Warden in all non-mirrors on a few days, because he felt Keeper is too good/boring and wanted to mix it up.

So yeah I think it’s safe to say Nelf is probably a bit strong, although I believe a patch is coming soon


To be honest he had insane win rate with elf. Its not only KOTG broken, giants taking 6 food, double taunt, chimaeras without AoWing, etc. ToD complain often and [plays only human. He is natural whiner but he had point, obviioulsy, as long as wc3 Blizzard officials responded to his tweets couple of times.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
April 21 2019 16:08 GMT
#31
On April 22 2019 01:00 Nithala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2019 00:45 Wombat_NI wrote:
On April 22 2019 00:38 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:59 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.


Well, I am not following scene much for past 4,5 months but when i played I know so many players switched and played kotg+alchemist combo which was sick. I m glad if things changed but I see many WCG competitors on EU event complaining about elf again.

I mean if Grubby is complaining there’s probably a problem. Not because he’s always right but he’s mr positive and focus on improving.

He plays a different race each stream night, on his Nelf night he has swapped to going Warden in all non-mirrors on a few days, because he felt Keeper is too good/boring and wanted to mix it up.

So yeah I think it’s safe to say Nelf is probably a bit strong, although I believe a patch is coming soon


To be honest he had insane win rate with elf. Its not only KOTG broken, giants taking 6 food, double taunt, chimaeras without AoWing, etc. ToD complain often and [plays only human. He is natural whiner but he had point, obviioulsy, as long as wc3 Blizzard officials responded to his tweets couple of times.


Five months ago NE were indeed broken; ToD always complains about Human being weak but they were actually the only ones to steal tournament wins in that patch.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 21 2019 16:12 GMT
#32
On April 22 2019 01:00 Nithala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2019 00:45 Wombat_NI wrote:
On April 22 2019 00:38 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:59 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:56 Nithala wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:50 Xain0n wrote:
On April 21 2019 23:47 Nithala wrote:
Well, many returned to it, even Stabuck who qualified for last WCS But I dont see reforged making huge impact on wc3 scene, its too small and cash deprieved. I did come back to sc2 even tho my first RTS was wc3, and I loving it, but game is broken with NELF patch and it will remain like that, so I see many returning to sc2 aswell. Even tho it isnt perfect its far better balanced then wc3.


Night Elves aren't that broken anymore.

Activision-Blizzard will surely sponsor new tournaments after Reforged's release.

Which race is StarBuck playing? Rail/Verdi is Human according to Liquipedia.


I hear much different opinions of my friends who play at very high level. Many of them complaining to elves. Top 20 on EU server is elf populated.

Starbuck is mostly random, sometimes he main UD or HU. Verdi was HU earlier, yes.


The patch before this one was infested by NE at every stages. They are still strong at the moment but they aren't dominating as much looking at the latest tournaments.


Well, I am not following scene much for past 4,5 months but when i played I know so many players switched and played kotg+alchemist combo which was sick. I m glad if things changed but I see many WCG competitors on EU event complaining about elf again.

I mean if Grubby is complaining there’s probably a problem. Not because he’s always right but he’s mr positive and focus on improving.

He plays a different race each stream night, on his Nelf night he has swapped to going Warden in all non-mirrors on a few days, because he felt Keeper is too good/boring and wanted to mix it up.

So yeah I think it’s safe to say Nelf is probably a bit strong, although I believe a patch is coming soon


To be honest he had insane win rate with elf. Its not only KOTG broken, giants taking 6 food, double taunt, chimaeras without AoWing, etc. ToD complain often and [plays only human. He is natural whiner but he had point, obviioulsy, as long as wc3 Blizzard officials responded to his tweets couple of times.

ToD has a point he knows the game, but he is a natural whiner, Grubby is basically the opposite. Doesn’t mean ToD is wrong, Idra used to actually be right a lot but he’d complain even if he was wrong.

I suck at WC3, but I’m watching it a lot now, have a pretty decent RTS brain I guess, KoTG just looks wrong to watch.

I think he fills too many roles way too well, but this is made way worse by him synergising super well with Nelf’s other strengths too. Entangle plus high damage ranged units that are physically fragile, treeants as a meatshield.

Put him in Orc or Human, yeah he’s still very strong but maybe not as strong.

Plus Nelf can already AoW creep and fast expand even without having to use a Keeper, he makes it easier and quicker, or he can go solo harass with treeants. Or he works super well with a cheesy rush.

So yeah definitely needs tweaking


'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
April 21 2019 17:38 GMT
#33
Yeah that visa situation sucks.. Good luck to Rail and the War3 scene in general!
Mine gas, build tanks.
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-21 17:43:28
April 21 2019 17:42 GMT
#34
Good on him. WCS has been an absolute crapshow ever since Blizzard commandeered the entire scene.

Years of visa issues, controversies, scalpers selling Blizzcon tickets at vastly inflated prices, and disappointed esports fans should have told Blizzard not to host the SC2 world finals in Blizzcon every bloody year. Any other competent or caring publisher would have tried to host the finals in a more neutral country with less draconian visa regulations.

Blizzcon is a stupid place to host the world finals because it's an event that sells out in seconds, and most of the people who snap up those tickets are either scalpers or WoW/Diablo/Overwatch fans who have little to no interest in esports.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
April 21 2019 17:50 GMT
#35
WC3 is enjoyable to watch although I still prefer BW and then SC2.

But I've heard Hawk complain that there isn't really any more innovation besides switching build orders to accommodate the latest patch like the popularity of opening Keeper.

That said streams are still pretty enjoyable and the USD/RUB exchange rate being what it is, it's never been a better time to support Russian streamers. Good luck Rail!
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 21 2019 17:58 GMT
#36
On April 22 2019 02:42 Clbull wrote:
Good on him. WCS has been an absolute crapshow ever since Blizzard commandeered the entire scene.

Years of visa issues, controversies, scalpers selling Blizzcon tickets at vastly inflated prices, and disappointed esports fans should have told Blizzard not to host the SC2 world finals in Blizzcon every bloody year. Any other competent or caring publisher would have tried to host the finals in a more neutral country with less draconian visa regulations.

Blizzcon is a stupid place to host the world finals because it's an event that sells out in seconds, and most of the people who snap up those tickets are either scalpers or WoW/Diablo/Overwatch fans who have little to no interest in esports.

I mean where do you host it though?

There are absolutely downsides as well, I don’t think WCS finals get close to the hype and viewership bump, plus additional prize pool that comes with being attached to Blizzcon

Visa issues are extremely unfortunate for individuals, are they that specifically draconian though?

I can’t imagine in the current climate it’s particularly easy to get a visa to the UK for example when Roman Abramovich is having issues in that regard.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
April 21 2019 18:49 GMT
#37
On April 21 2019 19:35 Rail_sc2 wrote:
I can't attend any wcs event . Even if i would qualify top-6 at WCS Winter , i would have difficults with getting visa in US since last year you cant get US-Visa in moscow/piter anymore .

Now there is 2 Wcs-Ukraine events , man of my age also got strong difficults to get in ukraine . Hope brat_ok ( he's older than military service ) and skillous ( he's younger than military service ) can get in Kiev .

And last event is WCS-Montreal which requires very expensive in russia VISA ( 350-400 $ ) + expensive trip/living costs .

I mean if you Russian - u better change ur passport to some other country or find urself in different games .



Also i love to play wc3 , but enjoyed play sc2 as well , and reason of retirement not something " lost couple of games and tilt " . My current mmr on bar-code on eu server was around 6700 , and i felt pretty confident in overall progressing ( even if it's connected to current protoss-patch ) .I felt like i play better in pvp's vs notable players , so compared to other protoss-players my skill growed up . But europe region is europe region . U can progress a lot , but u still behind better players , and number of slots/space are so little . Look at last challanger-qualifers . Such a giants of eu-sc2 as Bly and Mana couldnt qualify in top-16 eu . Concurence increased a lot due the state of game last years . Some should get out of this eco-system . It's personal decision like Snute's Happy's etc.

Soi see global objectives and reasons to this switch due my perspectives and career . Thx everyone who cheered for me in sc2


thanks man, gl in wc3!
i'm sure we will meet on the ladder in the future^^

Also, in general, wc3 scene is doing fairly well, and foreigners are quite competitive with the koreans and chinese, at least some.
Foggy posts very good results, the guys behind him like HawK are not bad either.
And Happy basically wins everything he attends, rarely loses map against even Foggy, but considers himself a streamer mostly, which is pretty nuts. dood has 99% ladder winrate with over 500 games...
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 21 2019 18:55 GMT
#38
On April 22 2019 03:49 KalWarkov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 19:35 Rail_sc2 wrote:
I can't attend any wcs event . Even if i would qualify top-6 at WCS Winter , i would have difficults with getting visa in US since last year you cant get US-Visa in moscow/piter anymore .

Now there is 2 Wcs-Ukraine events , man of my age also got strong difficults to get in ukraine . Hope brat_ok ( he's older than military service ) and skillous ( he's younger than military service ) can get in Kiev .

And last event is WCS-Montreal which requires very expensive in russia VISA ( 350-400 $ ) + expensive trip/living costs .

I mean if you Russian - u better change ur passport to some other country or find urself in different games .



Also i love to play wc3 , but enjoyed play sc2 as well , and reason of retirement not something " lost couple of games and tilt " . My current mmr on bar-code on eu server was around 6700 , and i felt pretty confident in overall progressing ( even if it's connected to current protoss-patch ) .I felt like i play better in pvp's vs notable players , so compared to other protoss-players my skill growed up . But europe region is europe region . U can progress a lot , but u still behind better players , and number of slots/space are so little . Look at last challanger-qualifers . Such a giants of eu-sc2 as Bly and Mana couldnt qualify in top-16 eu . Concurence increased a lot due the state of game last years . Some should get out of this eco-system . It's personal decision like Snute's Happy's etc.

Soi see global objectives and reasons to this switch due my perspectives and career . Thx everyone who cheered for me in sc2


thanks man, gl in wc3!
i'm sure we will meet on the ladder in the future^^

Also, in general, wc3 scene is doing fairly well, and foreigners are quite competitive with the koreans and chinese, at least some.
Foggy posts very good results, the guys behind him like HawK are not bad either.
And Happy basically wins everything he attends, rarely loses map against even Foggy, but considers himself a streamer mostly, which is pretty nuts. dood has 99% ladder winrate with over 500 games...

It’s actually something terrible like 98.5% over 1900 games actually. Crazy stuff
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nithala
Profile Joined February 2019
Serbia18 Posts
April 21 2019 18:58 GMT
#39
On April 22 2019 03:49 KalWarkov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2019 19:35 Rail_sc2 wrote:
I can't attend any wcs event . Even if i would qualify top-6 at WCS Winter , i would have difficults with getting visa in US since last year you cant get US-Visa in moscow/piter anymore .

Now there is 2 Wcs-Ukraine events , man of my age also got strong difficults to get in ukraine . Hope brat_ok ( he's older than military service ) and skillous ( he's younger than military service ) can get in Kiev .

And last event is WCS-Montreal which requires very expensive in russia VISA ( 350-400 $ ) + expensive trip/living costs .

I mean if you Russian - u better change ur passport to some other country or find urself in different games .



Also i love to play wc3 , but enjoyed play sc2 as well , and reason of retirement not something " lost couple of games and tilt " . My current mmr on bar-code on eu server was around 6700 , and i felt pretty confident in overall progressing ( even if it's connected to current protoss-patch ) .I felt like i play better in pvp's vs notable players , so compared to other protoss-players my skill growed up . But europe region is europe region . U can progress a lot , but u still behind better players , and number of slots/space are so little . Look at last challanger-qualifers . Such a giants of eu-sc2 as Bly and Mana couldnt qualify in top-16 eu . Concurence increased a lot due the state of game last years . Some should get out of this eco-system . It's personal decision like Snute's Happy's etc.

Soi see global objectives and reasons to this switch due my perspectives and career . Thx everyone who cheered for me in sc2


thanks man, gl in wc3!
i'm sure we will meet on the ladder in the future^^

Also, in general, wc3 scene is doing fairly well, and foreigners are quite competitive with the koreans and chinese, at least some.
Foggy posts very good results, the guys behind him like HawK are not bad either.
And Happy basically wins everything he attends, rarely loses map against even Foggy, but considers himself a streamer mostly, which is pretty nuts. dood has 99% ladder winrate with over 500 games...


He confirmed participating in WGL in China "if" he does qualify!
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 21 2019 19:07 GMT
#40
Btw Rail, will you attend the Iron Couch tournament from TakeTV and ToD in May?

Basically a mini HSC for wc3, but with an open format (max 32 players). I'm sure you would get a spot if you sign up.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/beh7jj/announcing_taketvs_the_iron_couch/
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3261
Rain 1729
GuemChi 555
FanTaSy 442
sSak 52
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 618
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1128
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King183
Other Games
summit1g7976
WinterStarcraft643
KnowMe70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2202
League of Legends
• Lourlo1135
• Rush1032
• Stunt486
Other Games
• Shiphtur767
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 29m
INu's Battles
4h 29m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 29m
OSC
15h 44m
Replay Cast
16h 29m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.