• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9790 users

Patch 4.1.0 - New War Chest! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
46 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
kaboombaby
Profile Joined September 2010
United States90 Posts
December 06 2017 14:00 GMT
#21
Hope this isn't just a unit skin pack for it's own sake. Compendium without some sort of prize pool/scene support is unfathomable after Valve set the standard.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." - Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel
JWD[9]
Profile Blog Joined November 2015
364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 14:15:06
December 06 2017 14:13 GMT
#22
Protoss skins don't look good.
Terran ones are sick and if you like dinosaurs you already play zerg, so you will be happy I guess.

edit: like I like the purifier theme(campaign/coop) a lot, they just failed at their own esthetics
slit
Profile Joined March 2013
Spain212 Posts
December 06 2017 14:50 GMT
#23
excuse my illiteracy, but where can I see the new skins you people are talking about?
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
December 06 2017 14:55 GMT
#24
On December 06 2017 23:50 slit wrote:
excuse my illiteracy, but where can I see the new skins you people are talking about?

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find them either. I'd love to see them though.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 15:02:38
December 06 2017 15:01 GMT
#25
On December 06 2017 23:55 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 23:50 slit wrote:
excuse my illiteracy, but where can I see the new skins you people are talking about?

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find them either. I'd love to see them though.


Link.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
December 06 2017 15:03 GMT
#26
A classic hearthstone pack LOL
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
slit
Profile Joined March 2013
Spain212 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 15:07:59
December 06 2017 15:07 GMT
#27
On December 07 2017 00:01 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 23:55 Frudgey wrote:
On December 06 2017 23:50 slit wrote:
excuse my illiteracy, but where can I see the new skins you people are talking about?

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find them either. I'd love to see them though.


Link.


Gundam Zealot? Arcadia (Captain Harlock) BC? Daaaaamn son.

EDIT: thanks for the link!
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 15:08:39
December 06 2017 15:08 GMT
#28
On December 07 2017 00:07 slit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 00:01 Creager wrote:
On December 06 2017 23:55 Frudgey wrote:
On December 06 2017 23:50 slit wrote:
excuse my illiteracy, but where can I see the new skins you people are talking about?

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find them either. I'd love to see them though.


Link.


Gundam Zealot? Arcadia (Captain Harlock) BC? Daaaaamn son.


I just see uninspired boredom :/

Edit: You're welcome
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Hushfieldx
Profile Joined December 2016
Belgium64 Posts
December 06 2017 15:25 GMT
#29
On December 06 2017 20:08 pieroog wrote:
Show nested quote +
Unit wire frames and production icons in the observer UI will now always use the default assets, regardless of what skin is equipped to help with readability in tournaments.


This is the best one from the whole, if you ask me.
Exactly! I remember Rotti asking for this when casting WESG Europe a while back.
Melwach
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany176 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 16:52:15
December 06 2017 16:52 GMT
#30
I think I like the terran skins. Wasn't a big fan of those before but that's just a look I enjoy.
A mix between Mad Max and orcs..
Actually considering.
Come for the culture. Stay for the cultural decline.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
December 06 2017 17:54 GMT
#31
Protoss things just look sexy with skins. Hopefully I can buy into this one.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
IArako
Profile Joined June 2015
Germany195 Posts
December 06 2017 18:52 GMT
#32
I wish they would do something for first warchest purchasers who supported at first and cant buy a chest every year
Special Tactics
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
December 06 2017 19:53 GMT
#33
Marines and zealots are fucking cool. First reason to do one of those Macro drills
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
HelpMeGetBetter
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States766 Posts
December 06 2017 22:42 GMT
#34
is the game still lagging like hell or is it just me?
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
December 06 2017 22:58 GMT
#35
On December 06 2017 20:48 xongnox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 20:29 opisska wrote:
On December 06 2017 20:28 Charoisaur wrote:
On December 06 2017 19:47 Zaros wrote:
On December 06 2017 19:43 deacon.frost wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the console they write about? Thanks!

A unique console skin.


The UI at the bottom of the screen where you build everything, activate abilities and it shows unit or building stats that you've selected. The border around it changes unfortunately its a little bit bigger so you see less of the actual map on your screen.

Wait? Then my opponent won't know at all that I have the skin? Then what's the point of purchasing that skin?
I buy skins to show off and impress my opponent with how rich I am, it's incredibly stupid that I won't be able to do that with this skin. So stupid!


The obvious solution is that you should be able to change their console


With some twinkle effects !

Otherwise am i the only one to find the ever inflating SC2 diskspace is becoming an issue ? (for features and extras i don't ever use ). SSD are not infinite space...


The thing is you do use the vast majority of the stuff. Most of it is just textures and assets which can show up on any map, and even for stuff like skins your installation has to be able to render them.
StarscreamG1
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal1653 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-07 00:30:07
December 07 2017 00:29 GMT
#36
Hey guys. Do you think makes sense always appear the better ranking when starting a game, whatever the race we pick? Doesn't make more sense the players see the rank for THAT race? Just a thought...
ShambhalaWar
Profile Joined August 2013
United States930 Posts
December 07 2017 02:25 GMT
#37
Cool story... but can I still hand Blizzard my 25$ and when I don't have the time to grind all my games out in a couple months end up with the chest closing out and no chance to get the skins I paid for?

Cause if not... I just don't see the point.

I mean I'm still happy to this day that I can't grind out the games for the last war chest I bought. I only really wanted half the skins anyway... or I wanted to lose the chance to grind the xp for the skins I already paid for only to have them try to resell the skins to me a couple months later when they make them available to everyone.

Cause if they don't do that again... I just don't get it.
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
December 07 2017 03:08 GMT
#38
i feel like there was a missed opportunity for at least one or two goofy christmas themed skins
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
December 07 2017 06:37 GMT
#39
with this balance they wont get a single penny from me anymore.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
December 07 2017 06:48 GMT
#40
On December 07 2017 15:37 PinoKotsBeer wrote:
with this balance they wont get a single penny from me anymore.

lol its really not even that bad right now, plus its only been maybe a month, people are so ridiculously self righteous lol
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings126
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 249
BeSt 214
sorry 39
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1017
League of Legends
JimRising 702
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde189
RuFF_SC2125
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• Hupsaiya 119
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1129
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.