• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:19
CEST 13:19
KST 20:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9263 users

Community Feedback Update - February 18 - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
430 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
February 19 2016 09:50 GMT
#201
Just let tackivac die ... seriously..
If there is marauder's poll or colussus's poll in beta i guess the negative vote easily overwhelm other.
zakadar
Profile Joined December 2015
Germany409 Posts
February 19 2016 09:56 GMT
#202
to pick up siege tank but then they are unsieged would be fine but a complete remove would be boring no mor micro possible to dodge corrosive biles or save them
TY my boy gogo
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
February 19 2016 10:13 GMT
#203
On February 19 2016 18:56 zakadar wrote:
to pick up siege tank but then they are unsieged would be fine but a complete remove would be boring no mor micro possible to dodge corrosive biles or save them


Agree. I think its funny when you use it to dodge skillshots/safe them.
Sandinista
Profile Joined March 2013
United States3 Posts
February 19 2016 10:17 GMT
#204
Isn't 40 damage on Siege Tanks literally more damage than it did against light units in BW? Yikes. Zerglings would evaporate.

Blizzard, If you want BW Siege Tanks then do them right - they did massive single target damage along with the splash. If not, do your own thing with them! Flying Tanks are cool!
JackONeill
Profile Joined September 2013
861 Posts
February 19 2016 10:50 GMT
#205
On February 19 2016 19:13 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 18:56 zakadar wrote:
to pick up siege tank but then they are unsieged would be fine but a complete remove would be boring no mor micro possible to dodge corrosive biles or save them


Agree. I think its funny when you use it to dodge skillshots/safe them.


When I see things like that I wanna shoot myself : NO ONE CARES IF IT "LOOKS" COOL. It's been ruining TvT for more than 3 months, that's what matters, and that why it needs to go !
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 10:58:48
February 19 2016 10:50 GMT
#206
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 11:33:03
February 19 2016 11:29 GMT
#207
On February 19 2016 18:37 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 17:32 Tresher wrote:
On February 19 2016 08:09 avilo wrote:
Ok 2 things i will write as constructive feedback as a player who's played Mech TvX for literally 95% of my SC2 games over the last 5-6 yrs that the game has been out:

a) Siege tank needs more damage to trade better. It's great blizzard is taking a step here, is it enough damage? Maybe, that's what testing is for to be honest, and if it goes live people will find out pretty fast if it really does make the tank able to hold it's ground better or not.

b) Even a bigger issue with mech...ANTI-AIR. Despite the siege tank sorta sucking...the worse problem is that mech cannot build an auto-attacking anti-air unit like the goliath to dissuade someone from just massing tempest, carrier, liberator, or broodlords.

Mech cyclones/thors need to be strengthened versus air to the point that they actually can kill tempests/carriers/brood/liberators. There previously was a thor change that might have done something like this that was randomly scrapped...

I can tell you 100% that every single mech game played at any decent level always devolves into both players spamming air units because mech can't go up to 8-10 factories and then switch production over to 8-12 goliaths like in SC1.

Along the same lines, tempests are only 4 supply. Liberators are 3 supply. Broodlords are only 4 supply...i have written already two-three long posts about how air units are way too strong in LOTV and in SC2 in general.

I honestly think blizzard has a really easy fix to the late game mass air deathball for all 3 races - increase the supply cost of all major air units in the game. What does this do? It makes it so Terran, Zerg, and Protoss ground armies in lategame always have more supply invested than an army that is pure air.

So if someone wants to turtle to mass air, the player that is making ground units is the one that inherently has more of the advantage, can push the action, and then both players are encouraged to make ground units to constantly fight and trade, rather than turtle into air units that can't be shot at by half of the ground units in the game.

Example changes;

Tempest supply cost increased to 8.
Carrier supply / BC supply increased to 8.
Broodlord supply increased to 6 (corruptor 2 supply, broodlord morph 4 supply).
Liberator supply increased to 4.
Raven supply increased to 3 (along with possible revert of some of the previous nerts in some way).
Viper supply increased to 4 (and parasitic bomb nerf hammered/removed since all these changes fix air).

If something like the above is done, we would not see air dominating every single match-up in every single game in late game.

It's just really frustrating to me as a Mech Terran that when i want to play Mech and be aggressive, i know that i basically can't be because my opponent sees i'm going mech and then starts massing tempests which invalidates every single unit i've built that's not a viking or raven.

I can show everyone here a replay pack of about 10-20+ Mech TvP that i have attempted and every single one Protoss scouts i'm "going mech" and then the game devolves into 4-10 tempests forcing me to sit in base and turtle into 15-25 vikings because there's not a single unit, including mass mine, that can fight mass tempest that has splash damage underneath. The same applies to TvT - bio Terran will just start spamming 100% liberator+viking and if you do not turtle into mass viking/raven/liberator yourself you autolose the game.

Mech needs an auto-attacking anti-air unit, and air needs to be toned down.

All these great changes and you are still not satisfied -_- . This is a great step in the right direction of making ground Mech better. One step at a time. First make ground Mech good then we can look into the Anti-Air problem.

Seriously. Stop fucking whining.

You can agree with his post or not but I don't see how it is whining. It seems you just don't want him to express his opinion at all which is unreasonable, to put it mildly.

Read what I wrote. I never said he is not allowed to express his opinion. Please don´t put words in my mouth.

I know he has some good feedback from time to time but in 92% of this time its overshadowed by his constant swearing/complaining. Mech players asked for years for a Tank damage buff. Now we might finally get it and the first thing he writes is: "Tanks need more Damage. " . To me this is whining because he is STILL NOT SATISFIED. If he would have wrote something like: "Damage buff for the Tank, thats great. The next thing you guys should look into is Anti-Air capability for Mech" then it would be much better feedback than :" Moar damage plox. Can´t build 20 Tanks without getting destroyed by 20 Tempests" (I have seen him do that, complaining about it included).

Hey I even agree that Mech needs some tweaks in the ground to air department. But like I said: One step at a time. To me Blizzard showed that they are willing to make Mech better with this Update ( alot of people thought they gave up on it and Mech is a lost cause) and Im sure they will take a look at Anti-Air when this Updates go trough and Ground Mech is stronger in the Zoning department.
Extreme Force
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 11:36:00
February 19 2016 11:31 GMT
#208
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.


Quite simple, we all have play against mech, and for some people, including me, the experience against it is 95% of the time playing against turtle fest. I enjoy very much a game where it's a battle of mechanics, decision and position and thus I liked tankivacs (although I agree it was problematic in TvT), rather than who is going to be the most patient and turtle better.

When I watch this thread and post like those of Avilo, what I learn is that mech terran wants an even bigger buff of the tank, sometimes with a bigger range and less supply, stronger cyclone AA, and a nerf of lategame Air units. Am I wrong in assuming that? Because then what I read, is that they want an unbreakable ground army, especially in defensive position, and no late game solution to play against it. That will lead, in my opinion, only to even more turtle play which is completely boring, or more accurately, that turtle play will be the most efficient way to win the game. I've always thought that the whole "buff the tank and we won't turtle I promise" argument is completely wrong, and thus I fear we're going to get a repeat of the end of HoTS.
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
February 19 2016 11:42 GMT
#209
On February 19 2016 20:31 Vanadiel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.


Quite simple, we all have play against mech, and for some people, including me, the experience against it is 95% of the time playing against turtle fest. I enjoy very much a game where it's a battle of mechanics, decision and position and thus I liked tankivacs (although I agree it was problematic in TvT), rather than who is going to be the most patient and turtle better.

When I watch this thread and post like those of Avilo, what I learn is that mech terran wants an even bigger buff of the tank, sometimes with a bigger range and less supply, stronger cyclone AA, and a nerf of lategame Air units. Am I wrong in assuming that? Because then what I read, is that they want an unbreakable ground army, especially in defensive position, and no late game solution to play against it. That will lead, in my opinion, only to even more turtle play which is completely boring, or more accurately, that turtle play will be the most efficient way to win the game. I've always thought that the whole "buff the tank and we won't turtle I promise" argument is completely wrong, and thus I fear we're going to get a repeat of the end of HoTS.

Did you consider TvT mech vs bio in HOTS and WOL a "turtle fest" ? Because if yes, then it means you just don't like mech; if no, then that is what mech Terrans want in TvZ and TvP, and not what we actually got in HOTS due to Ravens.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Mirann
Profile Joined April 2015
4 Posts
February 19 2016 11:47 GMT
#210
why not an upgrade for tank'ivacs ? about 200/200, idk
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
February 19 2016 12:00 GMT
#211
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.

even with armour they would survive due to zerg regeneration.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
February 19 2016 12:07 GMT
#212
On February 19 2016 20:42 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 20:31 Vanadiel wrote:
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.


Quite simple, we all have play against mech, and for some people, including me, the experience against it is 95% of the time playing against turtle fest. I enjoy very much a game where it's a battle of mechanics, decision and position and thus I liked tankivacs (although I agree it was problematic in TvT), rather than who is going to be the most patient and turtle better.

When I watch this thread and post like those of Avilo, what I learn is that mech terran wants an even bigger buff of the tank, sometimes with a bigger range and less supply, stronger cyclone AA, and a nerf of lategame Air units. Am I wrong in assuming that? Because then what I read, is that they want an unbreakable ground army, especially in defensive position, and no late game solution to play against it. That will lead, in my opinion, only to even more turtle play which is completely boring, or more accurately, that turtle play will be the most efficient way to win the game. I've always thought that the whole "buff the tank and we won't turtle I promise" argument is completely wrong, and thus I fear we're going to get a repeat of the end of HoTS.

Did you consider TvT mech vs bio in HOTS and WOL a "turtle fest" ? Because if yes, then it means you just don't like mech; if no, then that is what mech Terrans want in TvZ and TvP, and not what we actually got in HOTS due to Ravens.


It depends, mech in TvT is better than TvZ for sure, although some game were turtlefest into skyterran vs Skyterran, especially in mech vs mech. Of course, some mech games were good from times to times, imo mostly because the other player was playing a bio style, but I mean, even some SwarmHost games were good from times to times, that does not make the playstyle overall interesting. I can like mech, as in Brood War, or in general I appreciate when you have a defensive player with positional play vs agressive player like we see in PvT in the current metagames with liberator. What I don't like is when "not attacking" is the best option for you to play against. That's why mech in TvT was a bit more interesting than in TvZ, because Terran has more tools with the dps of stim marauders and medivacs boost.

Tanks are just too reliable in its design given the range, IA, pathing, unlimited selection, static defense in Starcraft 2, that a strong enough tank which can hold its ground will force you never to attack. I'm not interested in a game like that.
JCoto
Profile Joined October 2014
Spain574 Posts
February 19 2016 12:18 GMT
#213
First step on making Mech good.

Next step: Hellions and Banshees are no longer Light, but Hellbats are. Study rebalance of the Hellbat.

- Banshees are not hardcountered by Phoenix.
- Hellions are no longer hardcountered by Adepts or Banelings (Banelings are not their main counter most of the time Btw)
JCoto
Profile Joined October 2014
Spain574 Posts
February 19 2016 12:21 GMT
#214
On February 19 2016 21:00 ejozl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.

even with armour they would survive due to zerg regeneration.


Until +1 kicks in.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
February 19 2016 12:23 GMT
#215
On February 19 2016 19:50 JackONeill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 19:13 Hider wrote:
On February 19 2016 18:56 zakadar wrote:
to pick up siege tank but then they are unsieged would be fine but a complete remove would be boring no mor micro possible to dodge corrosive biles or save them


Agree. I think its funny when you use it to dodge skillshots/safe them.


When I see things like that I wanna shoot myself : NO ONE CARES IF IT "LOOKS" COOL. It's been ruining TvT for more than 3 months, that's what matters, and that why it needs to go !

my problem with tank pickups against Z and P is that it goes one of two ways: either there's an extremely high limit for pro level micro to increase the efficiency of the fight, which lends itself to one-sided outcomes with little counterplay (similar to force fields in HOTS!) or the micro limit is lower and generally the opponent will just have enough army to crush through the fight anyway.

i understand LOTV is supposed to be about more individual unit micro and micro winning fights, but watching someone pull tanks away from you while you hopelessly try to fight isn't fun or good gameplay, and i'm sure on the opposite side if tanks still aren't strong enough it's not much fun to spend all your APM microing them and still lose anyway

i just don't think tank pickups are a stable design, it's too strong/too weak and i am very skeptical that they could ever find the perfect middle ground
TL+ Member
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 19 2016 12:25 GMT
#216
Not sure how the tank nerf and buff will play out. Other than that I, personally, will get rekt. But it will be fun to see it used in timings vs P at a higher level.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
February 19 2016 12:30 GMT
#217
On February 19 2016 21:07 Vanadiel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 20:42 Sapphire.lux wrote:
On February 19 2016 20:31 Vanadiel wrote:
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.


Quite simple, we all have play against mech, and for some people, including me, the experience against it is 95% of the time playing against turtle fest. I enjoy very much a game where it's a battle of mechanics, decision and position and thus I liked tankivacs (although I agree it was problematic in TvT), rather than who is going to be the most patient and turtle better.

When I watch this thread and post like those of Avilo, what I learn is that mech terran wants an even bigger buff of the tank, sometimes with a bigger range and less supply, stronger cyclone AA, and a nerf of lategame Air units. Am I wrong in assuming that? Because then what I read, is that they want an unbreakable ground army, especially in defensive position, and no late game solution to play against it. That will lead, in my opinion, only to even more turtle play which is completely boring, or more accurately, that turtle play will be the most efficient way to win the game. I've always thought that the whole "buff the tank and we won't turtle I promise" argument is completely wrong, and thus I fear we're going to get a repeat of the end of HoTS.

Did you consider TvT mech vs bio in HOTS and WOL a "turtle fest" ? Because if yes, then it means you just don't like mech; if no, then that is what mech Terrans want in TvZ and TvP, and not what we actually got in HOTS due to Ravens.


It depends, mech in TvT is better than TvZ for sure, although some game were turtlefest into skyterran vs Skyterran, especially in mech vs mech. Of course, some mech games were good from times to times, imo mostly because the other player was playing a bio style, but I mean, even some SwarmHost games were good from times to times, that does not make the playstyle overall interesting. I can like mech, as in Brood War, or in general I appreciate when you have a defensive player with positional play vs agressive player like we see in PvT in the current metagames with liberator. What I don't like is when "not attacking" is the best option for you to play against. That's why mech in TvT was a bit more interesting than in TvZ, because Terran has more tools with the dps of stim marauders and medivacs boost.

Tanks are just too reliable in its design given the range, IA, pathing, unlimited selection, static defense in Starcraft 2, that a strong enough tank which can hold its ground will force you never to attack. I'm not interested in a game like that.

I agree with the reasons for why TvT mech was more interesting. Bio was not as strong in fights but had mobility. I think this is a big part of the reason as to why mech vb z and P is not as cool; instead of a mobile and aggresive army, Z and P, mostly P, can just go mass air and then all the factory units are nullified so the game goes in turtle mode with both massing air.

A stronger Tank i think gives Terran the option to punish an early air transition to Tempests or Carriers or BL, and so have a more interesting game where Z/P has to make a lot of ground units and we get to see more fights throughout the game.

I think it's true that at first some players will have difficulty with that, because they have been used to 1a "counter" units like Immortals or just skip everything and go to air. It's going to take a bit of time until they get in the mindset of having the superior mobility and probably eco, and make use of that through multitasking and coordinated attacks. Like bio vs mech has to or like P had to in BW.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 12:42:13
February 19 2016 12:41 GMT
#218
I am not sure about tank buff will make turtle fest comeback.Zerg right now doesn't need to play on timer vs mech.
And map doesn't cover much vs bios.It is more likely bring back WOL than HOTS.
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
February 19 2016 12:44 GMT
#219
The only bad thing about tank drop being removed is that I won't get to see TY using it.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
February 19 2016 12:46 GMT
#220
On February 19 2016 21:30 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 21:07 Vanadiel wrote:
On February 19 2016 20:42 Sapphire.lux wrote:
On February 19 2016 20:31 Vanadiel wrote:
On February 19 2016 19:50 Cyro wrote:
On February 19 2016 16:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
On February 19 2016 04:28 ArtyK wrote:
Sounds cool but how will the siege tank 3 shot a ravager (120hp and 1 armor) with 40 damage?

Sst Blizzard knows their own units!!


yeah it would survive with 4hp even if they all fired at the same time

-----

As for design: I don't really understand the people who would rather have a weak flying tank instead of a strong immobile tank, given that you can't do both at the same time (adding power in one form means that you have to reduce it in the other for balance reasons)

The immobility is very core to the unit design - it's a siege tank.


Quite simple, we all have play against mech, and for some people, including me, the experience against it is 95% of the time playing against turtle fest. I enjoy very much a game where it's a battle of mechanics, decision and position and thus I liked tankivacs (although I agree it was problematic in TvT), rather than who is going to be the most patient and turtle better.

When I watch this thread and post like those of Avilo, what I learn is that mech terran wants an even bigger buff of the tank, sometimes with a bigger range and less supply, stronger cyclone AA, and a nerf of lategame Air units. Am I wrong in assuming that? Because then what I read, is that they want an unbreakable ground army, especially in defensive position, and no late game solution to play against it. That will lead, in my opinion, only to even more turtle play which is completely boring, or more accurately, that turtle play will be the most efficient way to win the game. I've always thought that the whole "buff the tank and we won't turtle I promise" argument is completely wrong, and thus I fear we're going to get a repeat of the end of HoTS.

Did you consider TvT mech vs bio in HOTS and WOL a "turtle fest" ? Because if yes, then it means you just don't like mech; if no, then that is what mech Terrans want in TvZ and TvP, and not what we actually got in HOTS due to Ravens.


It depends, mech in TvT is better than TvZ for sure, although some game were turtlefest into skyterran vs Skyterran, especially in mech vs mech. Of course, some mech games were good from times to times, imo mostly because the other player was playing a bio style, but I mean, even some SwarmHost games were good from times to times, that does not make the playstyle overall interesting. I can like mech, as in Brood War, or in general I appreciate when you have a defensive player with positional play vs agressive player like we see in PvT in the current metagames with liberator. What I don't like is when "not attacking" is the best option for you to play against. That's why mech in TvT was a bit more interesting than in TvZ, because Terran has more tools with the dps of stim marauders and medivacs boost.

Tanks are just too reliable in its design given the range, IA, pathing, unlimited selection, static defense in Starcraft 2, that a strong enough tank which can hold its ground will force you never to attack. I'm not interested in a game like that.

I agree with the reasons for why TvT mech was more interesting. Bio was not as strong in fights but had mobility. I think this is a big part of the reason as to why mech vb z and P is not as cool; instead of a mobile and aggresive army, Z and P, mostly P, can just go mass air and then all the factory units are nullified so the game goes in turtle mode with both massing air.

A stronger Tank i think gives Terran the option to punish an early air transition to Tempests or Carriers or BL, and so have a more interesting game where Z/P has to make a lot of ground units and we get to see more fights throughout the game.

I think it's true that at first some players will have difficulty with that, because they have been used to 1a "counter" units like Immortals or just skip everything and go to air. It's going to take a bit of time until they get in the mindset of having the superior mobility and probably eco, and make use of that through multitasking and coordinated attacks. Like bio vs mech has to or like P had to in BW.


Why do you have the choice but I don't? That sounds aweful. I don't have the superior mobility or eco by default.
I can choose them if you choose not to have anything that challenges that. When Mech is viable I also want a slow style to play with against it, like Swarm Hosts or Broodlords, since I really don't want to all-in everygame.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV200
Rex53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko244
ProTech131
Rex 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14331
Soma 815
Jaedong 675
actioN 592
Hyuk 525
Soulkey 489
Horang2 346
BeSt 288
Larva 260
910 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 246
Light 208
Stork 193
Snow 175
EffOrt 160
ZerO 131
Last 123
Pusan 114
ggaemo 78
Mind 60
Rush 55
Shinee 47
Killer 40
Creator 38
Mong 37
Yoon 35
Bale 24
hero 21
Sharp 20
sorry 12
yabsab 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5431
Dendi207
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1541
pashabiceps869
markeloff42
kRYSTAL_19
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2825
Khaldor926
Other Games
gofns51668
singsing1530
XBOCT324
Pyrionflax253
B2W.Neo209
DeMusliM202
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos944
Other Games
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 41m
The PondCast
22h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.