• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10989 users

Community Feedback Update - January 22 - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
312 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
January 24 2016 00:12 GMT
#241
I'd ask for proof that it shows less than nothing about balance... but...

TheWinks
Profile Joined July 2011
United States572 Posts
January 24 2016 00:12 GMT
#242
On January 24 2016 09:05 BronzeKnee wrote:
But the real evidence to disprove your theory is the second chart on the balance report. I asked for that chart long ago, because it shows performance differences. This may shock you, but it correlates quite closely to winrates, but collects data in matter that corrects for skill.

Both charts are barely relevant. The first contains too many irrelevant games and the second is only based on past performance. So if you have a long period of protoss favored balanced like we've had, any correction will also show up as protoss underperformance and others overperforming.
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 24 2016 00:12 GMT
#243
On January 24 2016 08:54 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 08:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
...after it turns out Terran's still get 3-0'd?


Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 08:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
That's great, except I'm a lot more concerned with the state of the game than I am with balance numbers. The fact that Seed vs Bomber, or Classic vs aLive, is able to happen the way it did is wrong even if Terran is winning 90% vs Protoss's 10%. It will never not be wrong.


So... which is it? Is it the state of the game or are you worried about Terran losing?

Those are mutually exclusive statements, my win rate response was to the first comment you made. You can't change what you said to damn my argument, royalweed tried that yesterday.


Did Seed not 3-0 Bomber? Did Classic not 2-0 aLive? Was it all just a bad dream, BronzeKnee? Or did the state of the game actually cause numerous PvT blowouts off the back of Adept harassment?

Why is -1 for Adepts nonsensical? That is the claim you are making, support it! Your support was stating how you weren't sure it if was enough because Protoss could get a Forge and upgrade. That isn't a lot of evidence, instead why not spend some time in the unit tester and prove that -1 is nonsensical?


My support for Blizzard's patching process sucking was LotV, my support for testing -2 being risk free was that it's a lot easier to predict the effects of a -1 nerf if we've already seen the current version and -2, so this change can be made with minimal time wasted, but predicting -2 when we only know -1 is a lot harder and requires further PTR that further wastes valuable time. Please follow along.


You know what happens if Blizz tries -1 and it isn't enough? They have to try -2 next, because it's JUST change enough to possibly make a difference without impacting anything else. That means we wait on another patch. You know what happens if -2 then turns out not to be enough, either? They have to come up with another solution. We wait on yet another patch.

You know what happens if Blizz tried -2 and it was too much? Change to -1, no need for PTR, patch the game. You know what happens if Blizz tried -2 and it wasn't enough? They have to come up with another solution. They're one full patch ahead of schedule.


I'm all for an Adept and PO nerf as a Protoss player. I just want compensatory buffs so Protoss winrate doesn't entirely tank, that is all.


Protoss will very likely need compensatory buffs in TvP, and without a shred of doubt in PvZ. No way to know what kind of buffs until we see a normal early game develop, however.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 00:17:51
January 24 2016 00:15 GMT
#244
On January 24 2016 09:10 Dangermousecatdog wrote:|Precisely, if you declare that a line of reasoning is logically fallacious, you have to back up that argument.


My mistake. I should have pointed it out more obviously. His fallacy was the burden of proof: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

He claimed that -1 was non-sensical, then offered no evidence why. I called him out on that.

Additionally, his other fallacy was anecdotal evidence... based on his experience TvP was great imbalanced. This does not match up with the statistical winrats.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

And his post above is exactly the same thing, anecdotal evidence.

The winrate for in PvT in the GSL is 50/50 but he is cherry picking the game Terran lost as evidence that there is a problem. Granted he switch his argument and is now claiming that winrate doesn't matter, it is about the games themselves. But that was not his initial argument.

The funny thing is, him and I agree on where the game needs to go =)
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
January 24 2016 00:15 GMT
#245
On January 24 2016 09:10 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?
|Precisely, if you declare that a line of reasoning is logically fallacious, you have to back up that argument. It doesn't make sense to ask someone to prove an opinion on a balance change as there exists not enough information to do so. By demanding proof and to declare that it is a logical fallacy to not be able to prove an issue is a line of reasoning that is a logical fallacy in itself. Ironic right? Wasted never declared that -1 damage wouldn't be enough, but Bronzeknee created a strawman, declared it a logical fallacy and declared that the onus of proof would be not upon himself to prove that it was indeed a logical fallacy. Clever is it not?


Well if it's impossible to prove, then it shouldn't be asserted. You're basically asking me to accept a claim that hasn't been proven because it can't be proven... That's not how it works.
No will to live, no wish to die
Bohemond
Profile Joined May 2012
United States163 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 00:20:37
January 24 2016 00:16 GMT
#246
On January 24 2016 09:08 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:04 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?


What Mr. Danger is talking about is called argumentum ad logicam. I already pointed it out. I can't prove it to you or anyone. You just have to figure it out for yourself based on what's in front of you.

I can't prove to you that mixing sodium bicarbonate and water creates a reaction, either. That's why this can't ever go anywhere. By one person endlessly asking for proof, the argument stalls. Then the person demanding proof uses the concept of burden of proof to declare victory and walks away pounding on their own chest.


Does it shock you that they're the ones with no evidence to back up their claim and he's the one stalling?


Can you prove that?

_________
SSL figures and the current Dreamhack figures have been mentioned already in this thread and provide some support for pure.Wasted. Plus, assuming you watch the game regularly, the games themselves can provide proof for either side.

I dunno, to me it seems like no matter where you fall on this issue, you'd have to admit that both sides have proof.

As for pure.Wasted's opinion on the -1 attack nerf. I disagree with it. I think that -1 is probably enough and when combined with the overcharge nerf will make Protoss the weakest race. But asking him to provide proof for a speculation is a bit, uh, silly.

On January 24 2016 09:15 Nebuchad wrote:
Well if it's impossible to prove, then it shouldn't be asserted.


Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
January 24 2016 00:18 GMT
#247
On January 24 2016 09:15 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:10 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?
|Precisely, if you declare that a line of reasoning is logically fallacious, you have to back up that argument. It doesn't make sense to ask someone to prove an opinion on a balance change as there exists not enough information to do so. By demanding proof and to declare that it is a logical fallacy to not be able to prove an issue is a line of reasoning that is a logical fallacy in itself. Ironic right? Wasted never declared that -1 damage wouldn't be enough, but Bronzeknee created a strawman, declared it a logical fallacy and declared that the onus of proof would be not upon himself to prove that it was indeed a logical fallacy. Clever is it not?


Well if it's impossible to prove, then it shouldn't be asserted. You're basically asking me to accept a claim that hasn't been proven because it can't be proven... That's not how it works.
Exactly! Glad you worked it out.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
January 24 2016 00:19 GMT
#248
On January 24 2016 09:18 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:15 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:10 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?
|Precisely, if you declare that a line of reasoning is logically fallacious, you have to back up that argument. It doesn't make sense to ask someone to prove an opinion on a balance change as there exists not enough information to do so. By demanding proof and to declare that it is a logical fallacy to not be able to prove an issue is a line of reasoning that is a logical fallacy in itself. Ironic right? Wasted never declared that -1 damage wouldn't be enough, but Bronzeknee created a strawman, declared it a logical fallacy and declared that the onus of proof would be not upon himself to prove that it was indeed a logical fallacy. Clever is it not?


Well if it's impossible to prove, then it shouldn't be asserted. You're basically asking me to accept a claim that hasn't been proven because it can't be proven... That's not how it works.
Exactly! Glad you worked it out.


So why are you arguing the opposite?
No will to live, no wish to die
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
January 24 2016 00:25 GMT
#249
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.


Of course you can prove 2+2=4. You just have to define clearly enough what you mean by 2, by +, by =, and by 4.

Given that we have a pretty well-defined and clear picture of what we're talking about here, this line of attack is nonsensical.
No will to live, no wish to die
Bohemond
Profile Joined May 2012
United States163 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 00:33:46
January 24 2016 00:33 GMT
#250
On January 24 2016 09:25 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.


Of course you can prove 2+2=4. You just have to define clearly enough what you mean by 2, by +, by =, and by 4.

Given that we have a pretty well-defined and clear picture of what we're talking about here, this line of attack is nonsensical.


My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

As an aside, you might want to go collect your Nobel Prize for disproving Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem.


pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 24 2016 00:56 GMT
#251
On January 24 2016 09:15 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:10 Dangermousecatdog wrote:|Precisely, if you declare that a line of reasoning is logically fallacious, you have to back up that argument.


My mistake. I should have pointed it out more obviously. His fallacy was the burden of proof: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

He claimed that -1 was non-sensical, then offered no evidence why. I called him out on that.

Additionally, his other fallacy was anecdotal evidence... based on his experience TvP was great imbalanced. This does not match up with the statistical winrats.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

And his post above is exactly the same thing, anecdotal evidence.

The winrate for in PvT in the GSL is 50/50 but he is cherry picking the game Terran lost as evidence that there is a problem. Granted he switch his argument and is now claiming that winrate doesn't matter, it is about the games themselves. But that was not his initial argument.

The funny thing is, him and I agree on where the game needs to go =)


So I'm cherry-picking by proving the claim "Terrans get 3-0'd by Protoss"... by showing games where Protoss 3-0 Terrans...

Right. I'm sorry, did I at some point state, without noticing, that every Protoss 3-0's every Terran all of the time? I mean, it's either that, or you've been arguing against a made up strawman for two pages while throwing the book of logical fallacies at everyone else. And boy, that would be silly.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
StarscreamG1
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal1653 Posts
January 24 2016 00:57 GMT
#252
Please don't nerf the msc like this, make it start with 0 energy, it's enough :\
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 24 2016 01:02 GMT
#253
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:04 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?


What Mr. Danger is talking about is called argumentum ad logicam. I already pointed it out. I can't prove it to you or anyone. You just have to figure it out for yourself based on what's in front of you.

I can't prove to you that mixing sodium bicarbonate and water creates a reaction, either. That's why this can't ever go anywhere. By one person endlessly asking for proof, the argument stalls. Then the person demanding proof uses the concept of burden of proof to declare victory and walks away pounding on their own chest.


Does it shock you that they're the ones with no evidence to back up their claim and he's the one stalling?


Can you prove that?

_________
SSL figures and the current Dreamhack figures have been mentioned already in this thread and provide some support for pure.Wasted. Plus, assuming you watch the game regularly, the games themselves can provide proof for either side.

I dunno, to me it seems like no matter where you fall on this issue, you'd have to admit that both sides have proof.

As for pure.Wasted's opinion on the -1 attack nerf. I disagree with it. I think that -1 is probably enough and when combined with the overcharge nerf will make Protoss the weakest race. But asking him to provide proof for a speculation is a bit, uh, silly.


I appreciate what you're saying, but I'd like to point out that I never said that "-1 probably won't be enough." I just think it's a waste of time to test when we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by testing -2 instead. If -2 is too much, then we know that -1 has to be the magic number without spending a week on the PTR. If -1 isn't enough, then we learn nothing at all other than "-1 isn't enough."
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
January 24 2016 01:27 GMT
#254
Adepts are not a problem only in the early game vs T. Adepts scale well in the midgame, even when marines have combat shield. Mass adept compositions are overly cost-efficient against bio, and this nerf does not change that at all.
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 24 2016 01:36 GMT
#255
On January 24 2016 10:27 cheekymonkey wrote:
Adepts are not a problem only in the early game vs T. Adepts scale well in the midgame, even when marines have combat shield. Mass adept compositions are overly cost-efficient against bio, and this nerf does not change that at all.


Blizzard has not seen this problem therefore 1) you are wrong, and 2) you should feel bad.

The hope is obviously that with weaker Adepts and weaker PO, Terrans will suffer less eco damage and actually be able to put some on Protoss, meaning there will always be more bio/fewer Adepts on the map. We'll see how that works out with -1.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Bohemond
Profile Joined May 2012
United States163 Posts
January 24 2016 01:40 GMT
#256
On January 24 2016 10:02 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:04 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:53 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 08:43 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I might as well claim Bronzeknee line of reasoning this entire thread is a logical fallacy. Disagree with me? Prove it.


It's the opposite actually. You're the one who has to prove it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that they're the ones supposed to back up their arguments?


What Mr. Danger is talking about is called argumentum ad logicam. I already pointed it out. I can't prove it to you or anyone. You just have to figure it out for yourself based on what's in front of you.

I can't prove to you that mixing sodium bicarbonate and water creates a reaction, either. That's why this can't ever go anywhere. By one person endlessly asking for proof, the argument stalls. Then the person demanding proof uses the concept of burden of proof to declare victory and walks away pounding on their own chest.


Does it shock you that they're the ones with no evidence to back up their claim and he's the one stalling?


Can you prove that?

_________
SSL figures and the current Dreamhack figures have been mentioned already in this thread and provide some support for pure.Wasted. Plus, assuming you watch the game regularly, the games themselves can provide proof for either side.

I dunno, to me it seems like no matter where you fall on this issue, you'd have to admit that both sides have proof.

As for pure.Wasted's opinion on the -1 attack nerf. I disagree with it. I think that -1 is probably enough and when combined with the overcharge nerf will make Protoss the weakest race. But asking him to provide proof for a speculation is a bit, uh, silly.


I appreciate what you're saying, but I'd like to point out that I never said that "-1 probably won't be enough." I just think it's a waste of time to test when we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by testing -2 instead. If -2 is too much, then we know that -1 has to be the magic number without spending a week on the PTR. If -1 isn't enough, then we learn nothing at all other than "-1 isn't enough."


I misunderstood. My mistake.

Also, that's very reasonable. Uh, I mean, provide proof of that!!!!
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 01:55:33
January 24 2016 01:50 GMT
#257
On January 24 2016 09:33 Bohemond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.


Of course you can prove 2+2=4. You just have to define clearly enough what you mean by 2, by +, by =, and by 4.

Given that we have a pretty well-defined and clear picture of what we're talking about here, this line of attack is nonsensical.


My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

As an aside, you might want to go collect your Nobel Prize for disproving Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem.



You don't understand the premise of Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem. It only states that the axioms cannot be proven to logically true for all axioms. So 2+2=4 can be mathematically logically true as mathematical symbols are not axioms nor does it include all axioms. It does include an axiom. My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

...I need to provide proof that I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
January 24 2016 02:07 GMT
#258
On January 24 2016 10:50 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:33 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.


Of course you can prove 2+2=4. You just have to define clearly enough what you mean by 2, by +, by =, and by 4.

Given that we have a pretty well-defined and clear picture of what we're talking about here, this line of attack is nonsensical.


My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

As an aside, you might want to go collect your Nobel Prize for disproving Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem.



You don't understand the premise of Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem. It only states that the axioms cannot be proven to logically true for all axioms. So 2+2=4 can be mathematically logically true as mathematical symbols are not axioms nor does it include all axioms. It does include an axiom. My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

...I need to provide proof that I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.


Well, you don't understand Gödel's incompleteness theorem either.
PinheadXXXXXX
Profile Joined February 2012
United States897 Posts
January 24 2016 02:28 GMT
#259
On January 24 2016 10:27 cheekymonkey wrote:
Adepts are not a problem only in the early game vs T. Adepts scale well in the midgame, even when marines have combat shield. Mass adept compositions are overly cost-efficient against bio, and this nerf does not change that at all.

My hope is that this will change as Protoss builds are forced to be safer, and Terrans enter the midgame having dealt more damage and taken less. But if that doesn't happen then TvP will stay a horrible matchup, even if it's balanced.
Taeja the one true Byunjwa~
Bohemond
Profile Joined May 2012
United States163 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 03:58:14
January 24 2016 03:57 GMT
#260
On January 24 2016 10:50 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 09:33 Bohemond wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 24 2016 09:16 Bohemond wrote:
Literally everything is 'impossible to prove', including this statement. You cannot even 'prove' that 2+2 = 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel
This guy got kinda famous for pointing that out.


Of course you can prove 2+2=4. You just have to define clearly enough what you mean by 2, by +, by =, and by 4.

Given that we have a pretty well-defined and clear picture of what we're talking about here, this line of attack is nonsensical.


My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

As an aside, you might want to go collect your Nobel Prize for disproving Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem.



You don't understand the premise of Gödel's The Incompleteness Theorem. It only states that the axioms cannot be proven to logically true for all axioms. So 2+2=4 can be mathematically logically true as mathematical symbols are not axioms nor does it include all axioms. It does include an axiom. My brain hurts. Do yourself a favor and go look up the term 'axiom'.

I'm outta here, I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.

...I need to provide proof that I'll probably contract a horrible disease if I continue this conversation.


What does the premise have to do with anything? The only point I was making is that even something as basic as arithmetic requires assumptions be made that aren't provable using arithmetic.

As I've stated before, albeit with different words than I'm using now, what I was getting at was the fact that BronzeKnee was just asking for proof over and over for things that either didn't require proof or didn't matter.

Not to mention the constant use of the fallacy fallacy.

I dunno why you're trying to get clever and making poor attempts at hoisting me on my own petard. I wasn't even talking to you.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 169
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 665
Horang2 570
Bisu 504
soO 406
Hyuk 398
Larva 365
ZerO 180
Zeus 89
EffOrt 70
Killer 64
[ Show more ]
Shinee 55
Mind 38
Rush 26
Bale 25
PianO 24
Mong 24
Stork 24
ToSsGirL 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 14
ZergMaN 12
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 740
XcaliburYe299
Counter-Strike
byalli778
Other Games
singsing1240
olofmeister1093
ceh9692
crisheroes206
Livibee175
Mew2King65
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Jankos1885
• Stunt385
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
34m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.