• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9431 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 33 Next All
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 13:38:27
January 09 2015 13:38 GMT
#121
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
January 09 2015 13:41 GMT
#122
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Didius
Profile Joined December 2014
United States1 Post
January 09 2015 13:41 GMT
#123
Wow low. I cant see whats going on guys. I guess this is a pay us or leave message. I will leave. Thanks bye.
games games
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 09 2015 13:42 GMT
#124
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 13:49:21
January 09 2015 13:48 GMT
#125
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.


If they depend on twitch subs for financial stability it's already over. The english stream is only a bonus and it would be nice if it paid for itself I guess. But their source of income should be the korean viewership and sponsors. Also merchandise and those game ads etc, which are all also for the Korean viewers.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 09 2015 13:49 GMT
#126
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..
I Protoss winner, could it be?
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 09 2015 13:50 GMT
#127
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 13:52:36
January 09 2015 13:50 GMT
#128
On January 09 2015 22:48 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.


If they depend on twitch subs for financial stability it's already over. The english stream is only a bonus and it would be nice if it paid for itself I guess. But their source of income should be the korean viewership and sponsors. Also merchandise and those game ads etc, which are all also for the Korean viewers.


I was of the impression that the foreign audience was bigger than the Korean audience. Perhaps I'm wrong?

"it would be nice if it paid for itself I guess"

Yeah , that would be nice for a company
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 09 2015 13:54 GMT
#129
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 09 2015 13:54 GMT
#130
Haven't watched GSL in some time, and news like this doesn't encourage me to pick it back up...
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 09 2015 13:57 GMT
#131
On January 09 2015 22:54 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.


Well it doesn't matter if Blizzard funds the prize pool. If they can't run GSL because it doesn't break even then what?
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
90ti
Profile Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
January 09 2015 13:58 GMT
#132
4am with low quality (welcome to 2015 GSL) is the main reason I don't watch tastosis as much. Also the fact that the replays are limited to low and 1 game of the first set. We'll see if that changes otherwise its the moonglade and wolf show from now on.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 09 2015 13:59 GMT
#133
On January 09 2015 22:57 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:54 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.


Well it doesn't matter if Blizzard funds the prize pool. If they can't run GSL because it doesn't break even then what?

Well, then the competition takes over.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 09 2015 14:02 GMT
#134
On January 09 2015 22:59 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:57 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:54 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.


Well it doesn't matter if Blizzard funds the prize pool. If they can't run GSL because it doesn't break even then what?

Well, then the competition takes over.


Competition? It's about the fact that running a starcraft 2 league in korea isnt profitable if noone wants to pay for it. I feel like all we have here are butthurt people who used to have awesome content for free. These people are now sad because it turns out nothing is actually free.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 14:06:02
January 09 2015 14:03 GMT
#135
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.


Just to clarify myself
- they are alive because of starcraft
- starcraft is alive because of the people who play starcraft

- if they want to acquire new customers they must consider how to involve more people in their broadcasts and probably attract people into their sales funnel if their service is worthy.

Instead they are tightening the sales funnel by pushing away some of their current viewers and taking the money from their hardcore followers. With such approach they can only reduce the people who will to pay... each time the viewers are getting less and less. Coincidence?
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
January 09 2015 14:04 GMT
#136
Why are Koreans getting free HD per youtube?
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 09 2015 14:04 GMT
#137
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:48 Musicus wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.


If they depend on twitch subs for financial stability it's already over. The english stream is only a bonus and it would be nice if it paid for itself I guess. But their source of income should be the korean viewership and sponsors. Also merchandise and those game ads etc, which are all also for the Korean viewers.


I was of the impression that the foreign audience was bigger than the Korean audience. Perhaps I'm wrong?

"it would be nice if it paid for itself I guess"

Yeah , that would be nice for a company


GSL is a Korean product for Koreans with an english stream on the side, so I'm fairly certain you are wrong.

Otherwise they should really change the ads they are playing, if they are targeting the foreign audience and see us as their main audience/source of income .

So I'm fine with them having a sub option so that they don't lose money through the english stream, but low quality is absurd and will turn away any casual viewer and many long time viewers. They are the only ones in all of esports that only provide 240p for free and nothing else afaik, not even vods. At least now SpotTV is here and they look especially dumb, with SpotTV providing free vods on youtube hours after the games,
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
January 09 2015 14:04 GMT
#138
Lego dimension streams again? Oh man.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 09 2015 14:05 GMT
#139
On January 09 2015 23:02 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:59 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:57 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:54 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.


Well it doesn't matter if Blizzard funds the prize pool. If they can't run GSL because it doesn't break even then what?

Well, then the competition takes over.


Competition? It's about the fact that running a starcraft 2 league in korea isnt profitable if noone wants to pay for it. I feel like all we have here are butthurt people who used to have awesome content for free. These people are now sad because it turns out nothing is actually free.

You have heard of spot tv?

Anyway, there's no future in the subscriber model imo; If they can't stay afloat without it I'm afraid they're doomed.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 09 2015 14:06 GMT
#140
On January 09 2015 23:02 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 22:59 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:57 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:54 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:50 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:49 Penev wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:42 nkr wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:41 BlueStar wrote:
On January 09 2015 22:38 KeksX wrote:
Much more surprising is that they still do anything for SC2 with 15k~ish viewers on twitch. Though I don't know if thats all viewers...

I guess monetizing so heavily is the only way they can make it profitable...?


Or add sponsors?
Or involve community into sponsor relationship in order to get more money from the sponsors?
Or 10239 different things that can anyone think about, not just showing the middle finger to the people because of whom you are alive...?
:D
Just imagine what is possible.


They've tried to get sponsors in the past but struggled, even when sc2 was bigger. Also they aren't alive because of people who watched for free on 480p. They are alive because of subscribers.

But I imagine Blizzard only cares about viewer numbers. Kinda strange to fund a tournaments price pool with these quality settings while (all the!) others offer better, including the ones who arrange their own price pool..


What does Blizzard have to do with this? They have nothing to do with GOM.

Like I said; They're funding their price pool. I'm just saying that I can't imagine them being happy about this. I'm adding a reason for this maybe being a stupid move by Gom.


Well it doesn't matter if Blizzard funds the prize pool. If they can't run GSL because it doesn't break even then what?

Well, then the competition takes over.


Competition? It's about the fact that running a starcraft 2 league in korea isnt profitable if noone wants to pay for it. I feel like all we have here are butthurt people who used to have awesome content for free. These people are now sad because it turns out nothing is actually free.

So when practically every single other SC2 broadcast provides 480p min, how exactly does this "nothing is free" argument make any sense? Even Kespa, of all the organizations in the world, is showing Gom up.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
Nathanias 132
Nina 108
SpeCial 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12910
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2472
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g6844
fl0m652
shahzam485
ToD177
FrodaN172
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King73
JuggernautJason59
NeuroSwarm40
ViBE29
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur220
• Scarra134
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.