• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8554 users

Leaving StarCraft (IdrA) - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
849 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 43 Next All
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
February 04 2014 12:09 GMT
#681
On February 04 2014 16:25 pivor wrote:
I think streaming should not be taken as as viable source of income, at least not as your only/main one. It was designed mainly for entertainment.


Livestream and uStream were for entertainment. Justin/twitch.tv is for trying to get rich off playing videogames.
renkin
Profile Joined July 2010
France249 Posts
February 04 2014 12:14 GMT
#682
Thanks for the memories, it was it great ride.

Good luck for your future projects.
nevermore86
Profile Joined November 2012
United Kingdom108 Posts
February 04 2014 12:17 GMT
#683
Well he really needs to work on his attitude or he'll just fail miserably in the real world. I guess he'll rediscover his "love for the game and the scene" right around the first exam period and unretire as e-sports personality.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
February 04 2014 12:18 GMT
#684
Good luck Idra!
WriterXiao8~~
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
February 04 2014 12:26 GMT
#685
It's your decision and it is a wise one I believe, good luck Gracken.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
GhostFiber
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia88 Posts
February 04 2014 12:26 GMT
#686
Good bye old pal, we will all miss you. The good, enjoyable and even the bad times.



iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
February 04 2014 12:46 GMT
#687
On February 04 2014 11:11 zasg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:09 Zoler wrote:
No one that played BW likes SC2. Everyone just plays it because of sponsors and money.

Fucking shit game ruining the scene, thanks Blizzard!


Lies and generalisations! I played BW and I love sc2.


I dont think this is as black and white.
I dont like SC2 in general but I do play it from time to time (thou i did not buy HoTS, i stayed at WoL).

I belive SC2 to not be as interesting and rewarding as BW, but It has some strong points with itself (Great UMS maps for example).

I talked to a few BW great players who moved to sc2 and most of them agree that SC2 is not as fun, but it does bring cash, so its what they play.

Others thou, belive SC2 to be a great game, however so far it feels like its a minority.

SC2 has seen some decline in its popularity, and it seems like Its a steady decline so far...
Since Im not a great sc2 fan, Idra leaving should have no importance to me, but somehow him beeing so bad mannered I cant help but to feel Its good that he leaves.

aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
sotaporo
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland195 Posts
February 04 2014 12:54 GMT
#688
On February 04 2014 21:46 iloveav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:11 zasg wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Zoler wrote:
No one that played BW likes SC2. Everyone just plays it because of sponsors and money.

Fucking shit game ruining the scene, thanks Blizzard!


Lies and generalisations! I played BW and I love sc2.


I dont think this is as black and white.
I dont like SC2 in general but I do play it from time to time (thou i did not buy HoTS, i stayed at WoL).

I belive SC2 to not be as interesting and rewarding as BW, but It has some strong points with itself (Great UMS maps for example).

I talked to a few BW great players who moved to sc2 and most of them agree that SC2 is not as fun, but it does bring cash, so its what they play.

Others thou, belive SC2 to be a great game, however so far it feels like its a minority.

SC2 has seen some decline in its popularity, and it seems like Its a steady decline so far...
Since Im not a great sc2 fan, Idra leaving should have no importance to me, but somehow him beeing so bad mannered I cant help but to feel Its good that he leaves.


comparing games made early 2000's to todays games yes sc2 ain't that great of a game, but when you compare only games made late 2000's early 2010's it is great game. i enjoyed bw and still enjoy sc2 and thats my view=)
SorrowShine
Profile Joined October 2011
698 Posts
February 04 2014 12:55 GMT
#689
It#s some kind of sentimental thread now. Lets switch gears

Idra is not the best personality for the esports, and we know why.
We have already one villain and its Naniwa.

So its just better for everyone if it was his last post...
Never gonna miss him
ArchangelJada
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada910 Posts
February 04 2014 12:55 GMT
#690
Never liked Idra as a player or a person ( from what I know of him ), but i like SC and he was good for the scene and for that i thank him and wish him the best, GL!
Vertigro
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom261 Posts
February 04 2014 12:55 GMT
#691
On February 04 2014 21:17 nevermore86 wrote:
Well he really needs to work on his attitude or he'll just fail miserably in the real world. I guess he'll rediscover his "love for the game and the scene" right around the first exam period and unretire as e-sports personality.


I can already tell he's a great deal more intelligent than you are... perhaps he was unnecessarily rude at times but how he acted was mainly a persona, a persona which effectively made his career! At the end of the day, he really was being paid to treat people and the scene in a poor way... kinda blunt of him to say so but he was very much spot on.
"..." - Greg 'IdrA' Fields +++ DeMuslim, Naniwa, Jaedong, Hero, Suppy! <3 <3
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
February 04 2014 12:58 GMT
#692
gl dude. Play the real game once in a while.
Broodwar for life!
ImAdonis
Profile Joined May 2013
15 Posts
February 04 2014 13:03 GMT
#693
IdrA, you've inspired and motivated me to play Starcraft 2 better, and you've been great for the community revolving around it. Thanks for the good times. Good luck in your future, mate! You can do anything if you can become a Starcraft pro.
Encore22
Profile Joined February 2014
Sweden1 Post
February 04 2014 13:10 GMT
#694
The correct decision. You were by far the strongest profile in Starcraft 2 and probably the biggest reason i enjoyed and still enjoy watching Starcraft. Good luck in school!
BadWithNames
Profile Joined April 2010
United States441 Posts
February 04 2014 13:28 GMT
#695
Last I remember IdrA liked studying physics, so Im holding out hope for some next level nerd shit talk on how the universe works.

Best of luck.
One year in Seoul...yesh please
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
February 04 2014 13:31 GMT
#696
On February 04 2014 21:54 sotaporo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 21:46 iloveav wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:11 zasg wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Zoler wrote:
No one that played BW likes SC2. Everyone just plays it because of sponsors and money.

Fucking shit game ruining the scene, thanks Blizzard!


Lies and generalisations! I played BW and I love sc2.


I dont think this is as black and white.
I dont like SC2 in general but I do play it from time to time (thou i did not buy HoTS, i stayed at WoL).

I belive SC2 to not be as interesting and rewarding as BW, but It has some strong points with itself (Great UMS maps for example).

I talked to a few BW great players who moved to sc2 and most of them agree that SC2 is not as fun, but it does bring cash, so its what they play.

Others thou, belive SC2 to be a great game, however so far it feels like its a minority.

SC2 has seen some decline in its popularity, and it seems like Its a steady decline so far...
Since Im not a great sc2 fan, Idra leaving should have no importance to me, but somehow him beeing so bad mannered I cant help but to feel Its good that he leaves.


comparing games made early 2000's to todays games yes sc2 ain't that great of a game, but when you compare only games made late 2000's early 2010's it is great game. i enjoyed bw and still enjoy sc2 and thats my view=)


well, i played broodwar since 2004 until SC2 came out, and i gotta say i love SC2, for some it is fun, for some not, you can't generalize this
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
KvltMan
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-04 13:39:23
February 04 2014 13:38 GMT
#697
On February 04 2014 21:46 iloveav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:11 zasg wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Zoler wrote:
No one that played BW likes SC2. Everyone just plays it because of sponsors and money.

Fucking shit game ruining the scene, thanks Blizzard!


Lies and generalisations! I played BW and I love sc2.


I dont think this is as black and white.
I dont like SC2 in general but I do play it from time to time (thou i did not buy HoTS, i stayed at WoL).

I belive SC2 to not be as interesting and rewarding as BW, but It has some strong points with itself (Great UMS maps for example).

I talked to a few BW great players who moved to sc2 and most of them agree that SC2 is not as fun, but it does bring cash, so its what they play.

Others thou, belive SC2 to be a great game, however so far it feels like its a minority.

SC2 has seen some decline in its popularity, and it seems like Its a steady decline so far...
Since Im not a great sc2 fan, Idra leaving should have no importance to me, but somehow him beeing so bad mannered I cant help but to feel Its good that he leaves.



Most Quake World/3 players don't enjoy Quake Live, but they realize that that's the only way to make money off of Quake today.
Get crunk
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
February 04 2014 13:46 GMT
#698
Leaving is a useful skill toi have! Good luck in the future IdrA.

On February 04 2014 22:38 KvltMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 21:46 iloveav wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:11 zasg wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Zoler wrote:
No one that played BW likes SC2. Everyone just plays it because of sponsors and money.

Fucking shit game ruining the scene, thanks Blizzard!


Lies and generalisations! I played BW and I love sc2.


I dont think this is as black and white.
I dont like SC2 in general but I do play it from time to time (thou i did not buy HoTS, i stayed at WoL).

I belive SC2 to not be as interesting and rewarding as BW, but It has some strong points with itself (Great UMS maps for example).

I talked to a few BW great players who moved to sc2 and most of them agree that SC2 is not as fun, but it does bring cash, so its what they play.

Others thou, belive SC2 to be a great game, however so far it feels like its a minority.

SC2 has seen some decline in its popularity, and it seems like Its a steady decline so far...
Since Im not a great sc2 fan, Idra leaving should have no importance to me, but somehow him beeing so bad mannered I cant help but to feel Its good that he leaves.



Most Quake World/3 players don't enjoy Quake Live, but they realize that that's the only way to make money off of Quake today.

lol. No sane person would play a game they don't enjoy for the amount of money in Quake right now.
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
Tivu
Profile Joined February 2012
United States244 Posts
February 04 2014 13:54 GMT
#699
Good Luck Idra!
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-04 14:32:20
February 04 2014 14:24 GMT
#700
"....A couple thousand dollars for a weekend of talking about a game seems nice, but when it happens maybe once a month... it is not a good way to live"
well poor you, maybe you shouldn't have sh*t in your fans, so you'd still be considered a good gamer (I avoided the word pro or professional on purpose).

BTW I am not a hater, just wanted to remind you of some things... there are "normal" people out there. And I hope you treated the people you met on your way up, nicely (considering it's you, I doubt it, but I still hope you are the person you were as a caster, not what you showed us as a gamer), you meet them again on your way down. Not having good job offers may be a result of that.

I have to add: you did an awesome job casting, I liked your casts more than watching your games/flames and hope you return one day.
Anyways good luck in school and leading a normal life.
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE154
Nina 121
Nathanias 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16303
White-Ra 322
Artosis 255
ToSsGirL 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever336
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3743
Counter-Strike
fl0m1327
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox511
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2244
Liquid`Hasu1428
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g6330
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1261
shahzam526
C9.Mang0240
JimRising 213
ZombieGrub62
Mew2King45
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• davetesta25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1108
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur265
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 46m
OSC
14h 46m
Stellar Fest
14h 46m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.