• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6714 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 47 Next All
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 12 2015 01:32 GMT
#561
Haven't played sc2 in years but am now DL'ing LotV. Dakota_Fanning still a hero I see.
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-12 01:57:33
November 12 2015 01:56 GMT
#562
I recently updated from SC2Gears to Scelight in preparation from LoTV.

Scelight is looking amazing (I love the replay folder UI and Spending Quotients) but I did notice one thing. The APMs calculated are way lower than in sc2gears. Me and my opponents average about half the reported APM in Scelight than I was getting in SC2Gears. I know i'm not THAT rusty.

I know that LoTV changed the in-game time to match with real-time, but if anything that should increase APM, not decrease it right? (Since now APM is AP/60s not AP/48s or whatever). Plus I was under the impression that SC2Gears measured real-time APM anyways.

Is there a bug in these calculations or did you/blizzard start filtering a bunch of actions out?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-12 10:18:19
November 12 2015 01:57 GMT
#563
On November 12 2015 10:56 Kashll wrote:
I recently updated from SC2Gears to Scelight in preparation from LoTV.

Scelight is looking amazing (I love the replay folder UI and Spending Quotients) but I did notice one thing. The APMS calculated are way lower than in sc2gears. Me and my opponents average about half the reported APM in Scelight than I was getting in SC2Gears. I know i'm not THAT rusty.

I know that LoTV changed the in-game time to match with real-time, but if anything that should increase APM, not decrease it right? (Since now APM is AP/60s not AP/48s or whatever). Plus I was under the impression that SC2Gears measured real-time APM anyways.

Is there a bug in these calculations or did you start filtering a bunch of actions out?

Most likely this is related to the time-change. Game length is also displayed incorrectly. Will look into it.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 12 2015 10:16 GMT
#564
On November 12 2015 10:56 Kashll wrote:
I recently updated from SC2Gears to Scelight in preparation from LoTV.

Scelight is looking amazing (I love the replay folder UI and Spending Quotients) but I did notice one thing. The APMs calculated are way lower than in sc2gears. Me and my opponents average about half the reported APM in Scelight than I was getting in SC2Gears. I know i'm not THAT rusty.

I know that LoTV changed the in-game time to match with real-time, but if anything that should increase APM, not decrease it right? (Since now APM is AP/60s not AP/48s or whatever). Plus I was under the impression that SC2Gears measured real-time APM anyways.

Is there a bug in these calculations or did you/blizzard start filtering a bunch of actions out?

Released Scelight 6.0.3 which fixes this issue.

(Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Haighstrom
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom216 Posts
November 13 2015 02:05 GMT
#565
I seem to have a bug renaming replay files.

I have "Rename detected new replays in their original folder" checked, and "Auto-back up New Replays" checked, both with the name template:
[regionCode] [format] [mode][folderSep][dateShort] [O][matchup][C] [map] [O]v[version][C]

In the auto-backup folder they are coming out fine, e.g.:
EU 1v1 AutoMM/15-11-11 [ZvZ] Dusk Towers [v3.0.4].SC2Replay
However in the original folder, some (2 out of 6) replays came out OK, but the other 4 came out garbled, e.g.:
5a256e01070ae823cdc7ee878e35851b.SCReplay

Do you need any other info to investigate?

Thanks
Haighstrom
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 13 2015 03:24 GMT
#566
On November 13 2015 11:05 Haighstrom wrote:
I seem to have a bug renaming replay files.

I have "Rename detected new replays in their original folder" checked, and "Auto-back up New Replays" checked, both with the name template:
[regionCode] [format] [mode][folderSep][dateShort] [O][matchup][C] [map] [O]v[version][C]

In the auto-backup folder they are coming out fine, e.g.:
EU 1v1 AutoMM/15-11-11 [ZvZ] Dusk Towers [v3.0.4].SC2Replay
However in the original folder, some (2 out of 6) replays came out OK, but the other 4 came out garbled, e.g.:
5a256e01070ae823cdc7ee878e35851b.SCReplay

Do you need any other info to investigate?

Thanks
Haighstrom

Scelight never generates file names that look like yours, which appears to be the MD5 checksum of the file content.

Most likely that replay of yours is downloaded from a replay site. (If not and that replay is really the "product" of Scelight, I would definitely need more info on this, e.g. your logs/log files.)
https://repmastered.icza.net
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-14 06:13:29
November 14 2015 06:11 GMT
#567
i have the latest version of scelight and my apm is still 30-40 less than bnet shows, and im pretty sure bnet apm is still not correct since multiplying by 1.4 gives me the apm i've always had in wol and bw

also, what happened to the eapm and hotkey charts from sc2gear? no longer supported?
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
November 14 2015 07:54 GMT
#568
My Scelight keeps crashing and I have no idea why... is there an error log I can send off to you?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 14 2015 08:19 GMT
#569
On November 14 2015 15:11 rauk wrote:
i have the latest version of scelight and my apm is still 30-40 less than bnet shows, and im pretty sure bnet apm is still not correct since multiplying by 1.4 gives me the apm i've always had in wol and bw

also, what happened to the eapm and hotkey charts from sc2gear? no longer supported?

I analyzed a few replays, and sometimes Scelight reports lower and sometimes higher APM than SC2. If you see lower APM more it might be due to LotV is new and you're not doing everything as fast (by instinct) yet. But I will look more into it as LotV introduced some new command types which might also be included in APM calculation.

EAPM was never added to Scelight. Hotkey chart is part of Scelight, it is just available under a different name: Control Groups.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 14 2015 08:25 GMT
#570
On November 14 2015 16:54 Chaggi wrote:
My Scelight keeps crashing and I have no idea why... is there an error log I can send off to you?

What do you mean by "crashing"? Does it even start? Does the Scelight Launcher start? Or no Launcher, no Scelight?

If nothing starts or it just crashes unexpectedly / randomly, then check the Scelight folder, and look for likes that look similar to this: hs_err_pid2476.log. Send those to me.

If Scelight Launcher and/or Scelight starts, then you can check / send the log files which are saved in the Scelight Workspace, under the logs subfolder.

You can open the log folder by Help menu -> Logs, and click on the "Show in File Browser" icon in the tool bar (above the log table, the last folder icon). By default the log folder is:

[USER_HOME_FOLDER]\.Scelight\workspace\logs\

https://repmastered.icza.net
Haighstrom
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom216 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-14 13:35:48
November 14 2015 13:34 GMT
#571
On November 13 2015 12:24 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2015 11:05 Haighstrom wrote:
I seem to have a bug renaming replay files.

I have "Rename detected new replays in their original folder" checked, and "Auto-back up New Replays" checked, both with the name template:
[regionCode] [format] [mode][folderSep][dateShort] [O][matchup][C] [map] [O]v[version][C]

In the auto-backup folder they are coming out fine, e.g.:
EU 1v1 AutoMM/15-11-11 [ZvZ] Dusk Towers [v3.0.4].SC2Replay
However in the original folder, some (2 out of 6) replays came out OK, but the other 4 came out garbled, e.g.:
5a256e01070ae823cdc7ee878e35851b.SCReplay

Do you need any other info to investigate?

Thanks
Haighstrom

Scelight never generates file names that look like yours, which appears to be the MD5 checksum of the file content.

Most likely that replay of yours is downloaded from a replay site. (If not and that replay is really the "product" of Scelight, I would definitely need more info on this, e.g. your logs/log files.)


It was definitely Scelight that did it (I watched it happen), but I think it was because I copy/pasted 6 replays into my replay folder at the same time. When I try doing this repeatedly, I get odd (and varying) results each time.

But I copy pasted just those two again and they processed correctly second time. Now everything is working fine.
Bubbasmiles
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 14 2015 14:46 GMT
#572
Is it possible to save a build order or extract it to a txt file?
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
November 14 2015 20:27 GMT
#573
On November 14 2015 15:11 rauk wrote:
i have the latest version of scelight and my apm is still 30-40 less than bnet shows, and im pretty sure bnet apm is still not correct since multiplying by 1.4 gives me the apm i've always had in wol and bw

also, what happened to the eapm and hotkey charts from sc2gear? no longer supported?


I do notice as well that my APMs are still significantly lower than SC2gears was reporting in HoTS. I wonder if Blizzard changed what sort of things they classify as actions? Or added some sort of 'optimization' that merges close in time together action events or something.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-15 14:51:01
November 15 2015 14:50 GMT
#574
On November 14 2015 23:46 Bubbasmiles wrote:
Is it possible to save a build order or extract it to a txt file?

Every table is exportable in Scelight. Just select the lines you want to export (CTRL+A to select all), then press CTRL+C to copy them to the clipboard. You can paste the lines into any application (e.g. Notepad). If you past it to Excel for example, column formatting will also be preserved.

You can export the build orders on the "Build orders" tab. You may also use the command list below the charts (on the Charts tab), but this needs to properly filtering the commands to only see the ones you want to export.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Bubbasmiles
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 16 2015 00:44 GMT
#575
On November 15 2015 23:50 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 23:46 Bubbasmiles wrote:
Is it possible to save a build order or extract it to a txt file?

Every table is exportable in Scelight. Just select the lines you want to export (CTRL+A to select all), then press CTRL+C to copy them to the clipboard. You can paste the lines into any application (e.g. Notepad). If you past it to Excel for example, column formatting will also be preserved.

You can export the build orders on the "Build orders" tab. You may also use the command list below the charts (on the Charts tab), but this needs to properly filtering the commands to only see the ones you want to export.


Thank you! This really is a great app to work on new builds easy and quick now that the game is fresh and changing.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 17 2015 06:31 GMT
#576
A note / warning!

Archon mode replays are currently not supported by Scelight. If you try to open an Archon mode replay, it will cause an out-of-memory error in Scelight and Scelight will become unstable.
Also if you try to list replays from a folder that contains an Archon mode replay, or you play an Archon game while Scelight is running, the same thing will happen.

I'm working on an update to add support for Archon mode replays and properly handle / integrate them.
https://repmastered.icza.net
hypnotoad.410
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany29 Posts
November 17 2015 10:13 GMT
#577
is there a MMR tool in scelight?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 18 2015 00:57 GMT
#578
On November 17 2015 19:13 hypnotoad.410 wrote:
is there a MMR tool in scelight?

There is no MMR tool to anything at the moment. The MMR Plugin is on hiatus.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-18 01:03:11
November 18 2015 01:03 GMT
#579
Released Scelight 6.1 with Archon mode support.

Details are in the first post. (Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.

An admin who reads this: please update the thread title to:

Scelight 6.1: Archon mode support

Thanks.
https://repmastered.icza.net
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
November 18 2015 01:31 GMT
#580
On November 15 2015 05:27 Kashll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 15:11 rauk wrote:
i have the latest version of scelight and my apm is still 30-40 less than bnet shows, and im pretty sure bnet apm is still not correct since multiplying by 1.4 gives me the apm i've always had in wol and bw

also, what happened to the eapm and hotkey charts from sc2gear? no longer supported?


I do notice as well that my APMs are still significantly lower than SC2gears was reporting in HoTS. I wonder if Blizzard changed what sort of things they classify as actions? Or added some sort of 'optimization' that merges close in time together action events or something.

same thing here. I've played bw and sc2 at 150 apm for a decade, so i'm pretty sure i didnt dropped to 80 all of a sudden ^^
I like starcraft
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 108
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister1021
Happy339
Sick199
crisheroes180
KnowMe106
Pyrionflax96
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h
Monday Night Weeklies
7h
Replay Cast
14h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.