• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:06
CEST 04:06
KST 11:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7374 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 47 Next All
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
October 12 2015 20:29 GMT
#541
On October 12 2015 15:18 dchaudh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2015 13:25 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On October 12 2015 01:01 dchaudh wrote:
On October 11 2015 16:05 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On October 11 2015 15:54 dchaudh wrote:
Thank you very much for updating the SCELight software - it is much appreciated!

One question re: LOTV replays. Are there any special steps that need to be taken in order to open LotV replays? When I attempt to do so via File --> Open Replay, I receive the following error:

Nothing special is required. Please click on the "View logs..." link and tell me what's in the logs.


Here are the logs:
Thanks again!

Thanks, but the details of the error are not displayed on the screenshot you sent. There is a "Show Details" check box, please enable that. Also please set the "Filter level" to "DEBUG".

Or you may send the replay to me and I can try it myself... (you can find my email here: Help -> About Scelight)


I just sent you an email w/ a few LotV replays a .txt version of a view log. After setting the "Filter level" to "DEBUG" and enabling "Show Details", the resulting view log was far too long to post via screenshots.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer, I've uploaded the files to my dropbox account and they can be accessed here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8hqed0zpifdizi/AAA8W8hF4dTO3o8fIPWEfzKYa?dl=0

Thanks again!

These are the earliest of beta replays, and Blizzard hasn't released any protocol files to parse these. That's why Scelight can't parse these. But if you try to parse newer beta repays, they will be opened.

Note that LotV support is preliminary, it will only be fully supported once Blizzard releases LotV.
https://repmastered.icza.net
breadfan
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland5 Posts
October 17 2015 15:05 GMT
#542
Hm, live APM overlay does not work for me. It shows up when I hit it in SL menu, but when I get into SC2 it does not overlay. It is there, but hidden below sc2 window. It does not show up when I play game, but after a game (when I alt-tab) I can see it updated value.

Any suggestions what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
October 17 2015 18:25 GMT
#543
On October 18 2015 00:05 breadfan wrote:
Hm, live APM overlay does not work for me. It shows up when I hit it in SL menu, but when I get into SC2 it does not overlay. It is there, but hidden below sc2 window. It does not show up when I play game, but after a game (when I alt-tab) I can see it updated value.

Any suggestions what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

The overlay cards (like the Live APM Overlay and the Last Game Info Overlay) only work if you play in "Windowed" or "Windowed (Fullscreen)" mode. They do not work in exclusive "Fullscreen" mode.

So most likely you were playing in Fullscreen mode. Switch to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" mode which is also full screen, and you will see the overlay cards there.
https://repmastered.icza.net
breadfan
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland5 Posts
October 17 2015 19:10 GMT
#544
Ha! Works great! Thanks!
Latias4Ever
Profile Joined November 2013
Portugal11 Posts
October 26 2015 21:44 GMT
#545
I tried to open a replay from the latest version of the LotV beta, but Scelight isn't able to parse it. The logs simply show "Unsupported Replay Version", as seen in this screenshot: prntscr.com

I have set the Beta's directory as the Install directory, but I doubt that's the cause of the error.
Latias4Ever!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 00:19:43
October 27 2015 00:19 GMT
#546
On October 27 2015 06:44 Latias4Ever wrote:
I tried to open a replay from the latest version of the LotV beta, but Scelight isn't able to parse it. The logs simply show "Unsupported Replay Version", as seen in this screenshot: prntscr.com

I have set the Beta's directory as the Install directory, but I doubt that's the cause of the error.

This is simply because Blizzard changed the beta replay format recently but they did not release a protocol file to parse the new format. Scelight builds on the open source s2protocol which is the official reference replay parser implementation and is maintained by Blizzard.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Latias4Ever
Profile Joined November 2013
Portugal11 Posts
October 27 2015 12:40 GMT
#547
On October 27 2015 09:19 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
This is simply because Blizzard changed the beta replay format recently but they did not release a protocol file to parse the new format. Scelight builds on the open source s2protocol which is the official reference replay parser implementation and is maintained by Blizzard.


Is Scelight going to be able to parse that new format? There are some replays that I'd love to keep even after beta ends.

I also have another question, will Scelight ever stop being able to parse replays from pre-3.0? I currently use it to force my outdated installation of SC2 to run replays from before 2.1.6 (since 2.1.6 and beyond doesn't load a previous version, so it tries to make me login), and I'm hoping that it maintains support even if their replay format isn't supported by Blizzard any more.
Latias4Ever!
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
October 27 2015 12:55 GMT
#548
Sc2gears and Scelight has always supported old replays afaik, adding support for new ones doesn't remove the support for old ones. But I'm sure Dakota could tell you for sure.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Latias4Ever
Profile Joined November 2013
Portugal11 Posts
October 27 2015 20:42 GMT
#549
Yes, I don't doubt that support will remain, since it's pointless deleting something that is probably still used by a bunch of people (which begs the question on why Blizzard got rid of the backwards compatibility in the first place), but it's best to make sure.
Latias4Ever!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
October 27 2015 20:57 GMT
#550
On October 27 2015 21:40 Latias4Ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2015 09:19 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
This is simply because Blizzard changed the beta replay format recently but they did not release a protocol file to parse the new format. Scelight builds on the open source s2protocol which is the official reference replay parser implementation and is maintained by Blizzard.


Is Scelight going to be able to parse that new format? There are some replays that I'd love to keep even after beta ends.

I also have another question, will Scelight ever stop being able to parse replays from pre-3.0? I currently use it to force my outdated installation of SC2 to run replays from before 2.1.6 (since 2.1.6 and beyond doesn't load a previous version, so it tries to make me login), and I'm hoping that it maintains support even if their replay format isn't supported by Blizzard any more.

Scelight will only be able to parse that new beta replay format if Blizzard decides to release a protocol file for that (which makes literally 0 effort from their side, protocol files are generated by an application which they only have to run and publish the results - a good question is why isn't this part of their release process, this could be automated so they wouldn't even have to pay any attention to it anymore).

No, support for pre-3.0 replays in Scelight will not be removed. It's already written / done, I have no reason to remove that support.

https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
October 27 2015 21:00 GMT
#551
Can anyone send me a few 3.0.3 replays so I can add / test support for that? Patch didn't hit EU yet.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
October 28 2015 08:24 GMT
#552
Released Scelight 6.0.1 which adds support for 3.0.3 replays.

(Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.
https://repmastered.icza.net
UncleVinny
Profile Joined April 2011
United States35 Posts
November 09 2015 01:07 GMT
#553
I have a shortcut on my desktop to Scelight-win.cmd, and I launch Scelight by running it. This pops open a CMD window, and Scelight opens just fine. I can start it, and Scelight minimizes, and all is well. But if I close the CMD window, Scelight shuts down. In the past, the CMD window just popped open for a second. Is there a change I need to make?
<3 Sheth
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 09 2015 04:26 GMT
#554
On November 09 2015 10:07 UncleVinny wrote:
I have a shortcut on my desktop to Scelight-win.cmd, and I launch Scelight by running it. This pops open a CMD window, and Scelight opens just fine. I can start it, and Scelight minimizes, and all is well. But if I close the CMD window, Scelight shuts down. In the past, the CMD window just popped open for a second. Is there a change I need to make?

Create a shortcut to and use Scelight.exe.
Scelight-win.cmd intentionally opens and leaves open a command line window.
https://repmastered.icza.net
UncleVinny
Profile Joined April 2011
United States35 Posts
November 09 2015 05:06 GMT
#555
On November 09 2015 13:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:

Create a shortcut to and use Scelight.exe.
Scelight-win.cmd intentionally opens and leaves open a command line window.


Thanks a bundle!
<3 Sheth
GHUW
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 10 2015 07:48 GMT
#556
Hi, can Scelight parse a replay file into readable text format which contains players actions list like SC2gears? Now, it's difficult to do it since SC2gears doesn't support Patch 3.0 replays. Thanks.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 10 2015 08:31 GMT
#557
On November 10 2015 16:48 GHUW wrote:
Hi, can Scelight parse a replay file into readable text format which contains players actions list like SC2gears? Now, it's difficult to do it since SC2gears doesn't support Patch 3.0 replays. Thanks.

Now that LotV kicked-off, Scelight can't parse the new replays as the format changed. Once Blizzard releases a new protocol file I will update Scelight.

To export the list of actions/commands: open a replay in the Replay Analyzer, and under the charts you can see the list of commands. You can select what type of commands you want to see, and you can even filter them by any text. Select the commands you want to export (use CTRL+A to select all) and press CTRL+C to copy selected lines to clipboard. You can paste them into any other apps, pasting them into Excel for example will also preserve column formatting. You can also export (copy/paste) contents from any other tables in Scelight.
https://repmastered.icza.net
GHUW
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 10 2015 08:43 GMT
#558
On November 10 2015 17:31 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Now that LotV kicked-off, Scelight can't parse the new replays as the format changed. Once Blizzard releases a new protocol file I will update Scelight.

To export the list of actions/commands: open a replay in the Replay Analyzer, and under the charts you can see the list of commands. You can select what type of commands you want to see, and you can even filter them by any text. Select the commands you want to export (use CTRL+A to select all) and press CTRL+C to copy selected lines to clipboard. You can paste them into any other apps, pasting them into Excel for example will also preserve column formatting. You can also export (copy/paste) contents from any other tables in Scelight.


Thanks a lot!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 11 2015 23:06 GMT
#559
Released Scelight 6.0.2 which adds official Legacy of the Void and 3.0.4 replay support.

(Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 12 2015 00:07 GMT
#560
woohoo
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings121
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 179
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 255
Bale 17
Terrorterran 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift6097
JimRising 729
Counter-Strike
taco 75
minikerr31
Other Games
summit1g11864
C9.Mang0330
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP168
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 54m
Replay Cast
20h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.