• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:18
CEST 21:18
KST 04:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7897 users

Red Bull TL Map Contest - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
349 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
It has been brought to our attention that there is a discrepancy between the official rules and those in the OP. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, Oct 31 6:59am GMT (GMT+00:00) as stated in the official rules. The OP has been updated to reflect this.
H0i
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands484 Posts
October 24 2013 23:19 GMT
#161
On October 25 2013 08:06 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
I'd love to participate and try out a few ideas for island-style maps, but unfortunately, I'm from Québec.


It doesn't matter? All countries are elegible.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
October 24 2013 23:22 GMT
#162
On October 25 2013 08:18 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 07:40 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 07:13 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:50 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;


Make something really special then; add neutral blinding clouds, or unbuildable, and uncreepable terrain.

They have neutral blinding clouds?! OMG


I'm actually trying to figure that out right now...

Talk to siskosgoatee, he set that up as well as neutral permanent psi storms and some other stuff a while ago. I'll try to find the thread.

Unrelated-- you know it's legit when you get neobowman and Barrin to show up out of the blue. wp redbull ^^
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
October 24 2013 23:35 GMT
#163
On October 25 2013 08:19 H0i wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 08:06 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
I'd love to participate and try out a few ideas for island-style maps, but unfortunately, I'm from Québec.


It doesn't matter? All countries are elegible.


Nah, Québec has some consumer protection laws which force organisers for contests such as these to register it with the Québec government, allow the Québec government to mediate any disputes regarding the contest, and other stuff I can't quite remember off the top of my head. Anyway, it's too much hassle for most organisations, so Québec is usually excluded. I've verified in the official rules post:

The Contest is open to all legal residents worldwide excluding Quebec, Canada [...]
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
October 24 2013 23:39 GMT
#164
FYI,

Original Message From a176:
plexa, before we couldnt do any modification to game data for melee maps. what about this TLMC? ie, something as small as changing collapsible rock radius:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138854&currentpage=114#2265


Original Message From Plexa:
So long as you're not actually editing values for the races, pretty much anything is fair game -- this included.
starleague forever
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
October 25 2013 00:09 GMT
#165
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
October 25 2013 00:18 GMT
#166
Time to buy some Red Bull. You rock Red Bull.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
October 25 2013 00:20 GMT
#167
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

I'm sure you would, Catz!
SC2 Mapmaker
operwolf
Profile Joined April 2008
United States324 Posts
October 25 2013 00:29 GMT
#168
Red Bull, making it happen!
He'll end up dead, because he'll die.
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
October 25 2013 01:02 GMT
#169
I have some terrible great map ideas, now it's time to overcome my complete lack of artistic talent the SC2 map editor to actually make something! Maybe... if I have time... what's a good rush distance again?
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
October 25 2013 01:07 GMT
#170
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map


Perhaps you could draw a picture for someone who knows the editor....
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a0a
Profile Joined October 2013
1 Post
October 25 2013 01:07 GMT
#171
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

Wish more pros would make maps. Morrow is the only one as far as I know.
Even if you don't know how to use the map editor you could still offer a design/sketch.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
October 25 2013 01:47 GMT
#172
On October 25 2013 10:07 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a0a wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

Wish more pros would make maps. Morrow is the only one as far as I know.
Even if you don't know how to use the map editor you could still offer a design/sketch.

Yeah, I know I would be willing to execute a Catz map design for sure.
SC2 Mapmaker
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
October 25 2013 03:29 GMT
#173
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

I can do live in person coaching at $78/hour.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
uh-oh
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hong Kong135 Posts
October 25 2013 04:44 GMT
#174
You know this really has me thinking: many fans/pros have a lot of ideas for map making but since the map maker is so incredibly complicated it's difficult for people unwilling to invest time into polishing everything to actually publish a completed map. What if blizzard offers some sort of simplified map editor, so we can make simple maps with great ideas, then hand the maps over to blizzard/pro mapmakers to be polished?
When I get to grandmasters, you have my permission to die!
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
October 25 2013 07:30 GMT
#175
The map maker is already pretty simple, to be honest. You only really need to know two things to make a simple map: how to place units and how to draw cliffs, which requires either a few minutes of looking at the Blizzard tutorials or a few more minutes of looking around. It's quite intuitive, really. Adding players requires a bit more looking into but is still really easy. Just place the spawns and add two user-controlled players.

So it wouldn't really be hard for a fan or pro to put together a simple layout then pass it over to someone else for nice aesthetics and stuff.

lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
October 25 2013 09:11 GMT
#176
honestly, the editor is really, really easy to use if all you want to do is make melee maps. it takes like 15-30minutes on youtube to learn all the tools needed to make a melee map from start to finish. go for it
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
October 25 2013 11:07 GMT
#177
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 25 2013 08:39 a176 wrote:
FYI,

Show nested quote +
Original Message From a176:
plexa, before we couldnt do any modification to game data for melee maps. what about this TLMC? ie, something as small as changing collapsible rock radius:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138854&currentpage=114#2265


Show nested quote +
Original Message From Plexa:
So long as you're not actually editing values for the races, pretty much anything is fair game -- this included.

sorry to interject but I'm quite sure that nothing "special" will arise.. melee is melee and red bull (as awesome as they may / should be) will be as reticent to promote innovation or quirkiness as tl is.

On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

as many a classy map maker has already mentioned..

WE catz ..

and we would be honored to do it for you

a "rough" sketch and a few lines describing the ins and outs of what you have in mind is all we require to try to do it

alternatively a half hour on skype with someone knowledgeable will get you "hooked" on galaxy (i'm of course volunteering to help for that too)

ty red bull
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 13:55:37
October 25 2013 13:54 GMT
#178
On October 25 2013 08:18 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 07:40 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 07:13 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:50 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;


Make something really special then; add neutral blinding clouds, or unbuildable, and uncreepable terrain.

They have neutral blinding clouds?! OMG


I'm actually trying to figure that out right now...


Can probably make a custom invisible unit (make sure it's unclickable, unselectable, and untargetable) with a custom behavior that has the blinding cloud effect (a custom blinding cloud effect). Behavior should last indefinitely, and it should have a periodic effect of (Search), then (Apply) Blinding cloud affect to all units (something like that, I don't know what the Blinding Cloud effect and behavior links are).

It has to be a custom blinding cloud (search) though that affects all players (instead of enemies only). (Make sure you don't accidentally edit the original version.)

Place that invisible unit somewhere on the map.

Probably something like that. I haven't used the map editor since WoL and don't know how the HotS stuff (like Blinding Cloud) works.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
October 25 2013 13:54 GMT
#179
On October 25 2013 20:07 enord wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 25 2013 08:39 a176 wrote:
FYI,

Show nested quote +
Original Message From a176:
plexa, before we couldnt do any modification to game data for melee maps. what about this TLMC? ie, something as small as changing collapsible rock radius:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138854&currentpage=114#2265


Show nested quote +
Original Message From Plexa:
So long as you're not actually editing values for the races, pretty much anything is fair game -- this included.

sorry to interject but I'm quite sure that nothing "special" will arise.. melee is melee and red bull (as awesome as they may / should be) will be as reticent to promote innovation or quirkiness as tl is.

Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 09:09 ROOTCatZ wrote:
this is pretty awesome, I wish I was any good at using the map editor, if I was i'd definetly make a sick map

as many a classy map maker has already mentioned..

WE catz ..

and we would be honored to do it for you

a "rough" sketch and a few lines describing the ins and outs of what you have in mind is all we require to try to do it

alternatively a half hour on skype with someone knowledgeable will get you "hooked" on galaxy (i'm of course volunteering to help for that too)

ty red bull


I like you.... *cough*.... Hi!


CatZ I'll tell you same I tell everyone else. Give it a shot!!!
Retired Mapmaker™
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
October 25 2013 14:00 GMT
#180
put your money where your mouth is Catz
Administrator
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 193
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 193
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 100
UpATreeSC 90
ZombieGrub49
JuggernautJason44
Nathanias 24
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 691
ggaemo 165
White-Ra 136
firebathero 86
Barracks 60
910 52
Trap 27
Killer 27
Shine 22
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva4783
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1946
Liquid`Hasu1552
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4276
summit1g2252
singsing1405
Beastyqt924
ceh9605
shahzam434
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe128
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream396
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade941
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.