• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:18
CEST 21:18
KST 04:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7859 users

Red Bull TL Map Contest - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
349 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
It has been brought to our attention that there is a discrepancy between the official rules and those in the OP. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, Oct 31 6:59am GMT (GMT+00:00) as stated in the official rules. The OP has been updated to reflect this.
JimSocks
Profile Joined February 2009
United States968 Posts
October 24 2013 17:39 GMT
#141
bring back testbug !
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 17:46:24
October 24 2013 17:46 GMT
#142
On October 25 2013 01:13 tuoli9 wrote:
I'm floored.

I don't understand how RedBull can be this awesome... why such a huge company supports us when there are 10x more popular games out there? Not only do they sponsor a team and hold events (can't wait for Battlegrounds!), now they back the most grass roots part of the SC scene, the map makers, which only gains exposure from the most hardcore Starcraft fans. There are some beautiful and smart peole working for RB that know how this scene works and how to best support it.

I love you RedBull, you just bacame my sole energetic beverage.


While I'm glad they jumped on board. I'm almost certain Team Liquid are the guys who proposed the idea in the first place (they did it before and recognized the Battle Grounds is a perfect outlet to showcase such a contest). After all they have the right channel/community for it. That's why you see TL plastered all over the thing. Thank Team Liquid first & then Red Bull.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
October 24 2013 18:16 GMT
#143
So I've decided to come out of retirement to make one map for this. Any tips on how the editor's changed since WoL? I've figured out symmetry but I can't seem to change textures around between different tilesets anymore.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
October 24 2013 18:31 GMT
#144
On October 25 2013 03:16 neobowman wrote:
So I've decided to come out of retirement to make one map for this. Any tips on how the editor's changed since WoL? I've figured out symmetry but I can't seem to change textures around between different tilesets anymore.


It hasn't changed as far as I'm aware... Open the data editor, copy paste a tileset and change the name and the +info textures field, then go to map info and select your new tileset from the dropdown
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
October 24 2013 19:34 GMT
#145
with such prices, more maps = better chance to a great map
well i see some epic maps incoming and a korean winning ^^
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
October 24 2013 19:37 GMT
#146
--- Nuked ---
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
October 24 2013 19:37 GMT
#147
OMG some hardwork coming up!!!, I'll try this out!!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Shibunbundit
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria22 Posts
October 24 2013 20:05 GMT
#148
Go, go LiquidRetBull! Fantastic stuff, once again.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 20:10:32
October 24 2013 20:10 GMT
#149
On October 25 2013 04:34 Drake wrote:
with such prices, more maps = better chance to a great map
well i see some epic maps incoming and a korean winning ^^

Frost 2.0 incoming :D Or Fruitland 3.0 xD
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 24 2013 20:13 GMT
#150
On October 25 2013 05:10 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 04:34 Drake wrote:
with such prices, more maps = better chance to a great map
well i see some epic maps incoming and a korean winning ^^

Frost 2.0 incoming :D Or Fruitland 3.0 xD

What was fruitland 2.0?! o.o
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 20:25:10
October 24 2013 20:24 GMT
#151
On October 25 2013 05:13 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 05:10 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 25 2013 04:34 Drake wrote:
with such prices, more maps = better chance to a great map
well i see some epic maps incoming and a korean winning ^^

Frost 2.0 incoming :D Or Fruitland 3.0 xD

What was fruitland 2.0?! o.o

The lemon version. IIRC it was not easiest thing to do ;D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
nakam
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden245 Posts
October 24 2013 20:44 GMT
#152
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.
TL Local Timezone Script - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=277156
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 24 2013 20:50 GMT
#153
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
October 24 2013 21:21 GMT
#154
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.


Don't worry, you'll get some different stuff. Whether or not it gets picked, well, that's another story.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
HooK2000
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany139 Posts
October 24 2013 22:04 GMT
#155
Oooooh well.. i can't make maps. But gl to everyone!
@HooK2000 // youtube.com/hookt4
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 24 2013 22:13 GMT
#156
On October 25 2013 05:50 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;


Make something really special then; add neutral blinding clouds, or unbuildable, and uncreepable terrain.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 24 2013 22:40 GMT
#157
On October 25 2013 07:13 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 05:50 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;


Make something really special then; add neutral blinding clouds, or unbuildable, and uncreepable terrain.

They have neutral blinding clouds?! OMG
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
tuoli9
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland211 Posts
October 24 2013 23:03 GMT
#158
On October 25 2013 02:46 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 01:13 tuoli9 wrote:
I'm floored.

I don't understand how RedBull can be this awesome... why such a huge company supports us when there are 10x more popular games out there? Not only do they sponsor a team and hold events (can't wait for Battlegrounds!), now they back the most grass roots part of the SC scene, the map makers, which only gains exposure from the most hardcore Starcraft fans. There are some beautiful and smart peole working for RB that know how this scene works and how to best support it.

I love you RedBull, you just bacame my sole energetic beverage.


While I'm glad they jumped on board. I'm almost certain Team Liquid are the guys who proposed the idea in the first place (they did it before and recognized the Battle Grounds is a perfect outlet to showcase such a contest). After all they have the right channel/community for it. That's why you see TL plastered all over the thing. Thank Team Liquid first & then Red Bull.

Oh I have thanked TL multiple times by buying merch. Just saying that not all that many companies would offer monetary support for a thing like this.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
October 24 2013 23:06 GMT
#159
I'd love to participate and try out a few ideas for island-style maps, but unfortunately, I'm from Québec.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
October 24 2013 23:18 GMT
#160
On October 25 2013 07:40 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 07:13 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:50 The_Templar wrote:
On October 25 2013 05:44 nakam wrote:
Please mapmakers make something different! I want smaller maps, or at least maps where you can't go for quick 3 base. I'd also love if you experimented with fewer number of mineral patches per base (even on first and second base). I would also like to see maps that have features that allows more positional play, Crossfire for example is one of my favourite maps.

I have done all of these. ;_;


Make something really special then; add neutral blinding clouds, or unbuildable, and uncreepable terrain.

They have neutral blinding clouds?! OMG


I'm actually trying to figure that out right now...
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 193
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 193
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 100
UpATreeSC 90
ZombieGrub49
JuggernautJason44
Nathanias 24
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 691
ggaemo 165
White-Ra 136
firebathero 86
Barracks 60
910 52
Trap 27
Killer 27
Shine 22
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva4783
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1946
Liquid`Hasu1552
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4276
summit1g2252
singsing1405
Beastyqt924
ceh9605
shahzam434
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe128
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream396
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade941
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.