• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:30
CEST 14:30
KST 21:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8505 users

Genna Bain leaves Axiom - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 26 Next All
This is a heated issue, but please keep the debate civil.
Personal insult is not 'discussion' and will be moderated. -Page 17
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
August 16 2013 18:33 GMT
#361
On August 17 2013 03:03 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 02:59 docvoc wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:53 Plansix wrote:
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m

@takesen I'm sorry that I lashed out at you in anger. You didn't deserve that, you do so much for the scene and I respect that massively.

All right, folks, TB apologized, lets all get a beer and make plans for the Season 2 finals next week.

I'm not one for continuing drama, but a simple twitter apology does not make anything that the two have done over the past several days at all acceptable, neither does it bring back any credibility to Axiom's head's leadership abilities when things go wrong. One twitter apology does not a drama diffusal make.

Agreed, but drama diffusion is done by the community turning its back on this incident and moving on. Let's see how long that takes.


It's already taken far, far too long.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 19:00:50
August 16 2013 18:33 GMT
#362
On August 17 2013 03:29 Ljas wrote:
I still want a link to that apology tweet.


On August 17 2013 03:28 ptbl wrote:
Maybe TotalBiscuit should advertise the ATC finals through his various mediums as a goodwill gesture? I know he apologized, but I bet if he does this extra thing it will seal the deal.

I'm sure they will be talking about it in private.
Moderatorlickypiddy
Ljas
Profile Joined July 2012
Finland725 Posts
August 16 2013 18:34 GMT
#363
On August 17 2013 03:33 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:29 Ljas wrote:
I still want a link to that apology tweet.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/368428123362455552

How that failed to appear in my twitter feed I'll never know. Thanks.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 16 2013 18:36 GMT
#364
On August 17 2013 03:34 Ljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:33 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 17 2013 03:29 Ljas wrote:
I still want a link to that apology tweet.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/368428123362455552

How that failed to appear in my twitter feed I'll never know. Thanks.

Unless you are following both of them, it won't show up.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
August 16 2013 18:40 GMT
#365
I can't even imagine how hard it is to be a manager of a team. Sad to see it's not something for Genna. Best of luck and take care of yourself.

Good to hear TB gave his apology on his childish Tweet. Wich it simply is.

I honestly can't fault Take in anything, from what i have been reading here atleast.

GunPaladin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1205 Posts
August 16 2013 18:43 GMT
#366
Good on TB for apologizing, hopefully he does the same for his MVP comments. Maybe now this whole ordeal can die off.
The doctors gave me 9 months to live, ]BIG[ gave me a life time.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 16 2013 18:45 GMT
#367
On August 17 2013 03:43 GunPaladin wrote:
Good on TB for apologizing, hopefully he does the same for his MVP comments. Maybe now this whole ordeal can die off.

I think we need a TL rule for dumb tweets. The person should have a 24 hour window to apologize before it becomes “real” drama. 36 hours if it involves family members.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
August 16 2013 18:48 GMT
#368
On August 17 2013 02:53 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m

@takesen I'm sorry that I lashed out at you in anger. You didn't deserve that, you do so much for the scene and I respect that massively.

All right, folks, TB apologized, lets all get a beer and make plans for the Season 2 finals next week.

The problem here is, for me at least him insulting is not the big issue here. They can insult each other blue on twitter for all i are. My biggest issue is the releasing of private conversations.
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 18:49:55
August 16 2013 18:48 GMT
#369
--- Nuked ---
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 16 2013 18:50 GMT
#370
On August 17 2013 03:48 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 02:53 Plansix wrote:
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m

@takesen I'm sorry that I lashed out at you in anger. You didn't deserve that, you do so much for the scene and I respect that massively.

All right, folks, TB apologized, lets all get a beer and make plans for the Season 2 finals next week.

The problem here is, for me at least him insulting is not the big issue here. They can insult each other blue on twitter for all i are. My biggest issue is the releasing of private conversations.

There was nothing bad enough to really change anything in the discussions and they can settle that in private. We, as a community, do not need to be involved with that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
August 16 2013 18:52 GMT
#371
Good tweet by TB
(:
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 18:56:11
August 16 2013 18:55 GMT
#372
On August 17 2013 03:50 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:48 Assirra wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:53 Plansix wrote:
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m

@takesen I'm sorry that I lashed out at you in anger. You didn't deserve that, you do so much for the scene and I respect that massively.

All right, folks, TB apologized, lets all get a beer and make plans for the Season 2 finals next week.

The problem here is, for me at least him insulting is not the big issue here. They can insult each other blue on twitter for all i are. My biggest issue is the releasing of private conversations.

There was nothing bad enough to really change anything in the discussions and they can settle that in private. We, as a community, do not need to be involved with that.

Who talks about getting involved? And please stop talking we are all some hivemind. People can think of stuff however they dam well please no matter what "we as a community" should do as you say.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 18:58:16
August 16 2013 18:56 GMT
#373
On August 17 2013 03:45 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:43 GunPaladin wrote:
Good on TB for apologizing, hopefully he does the same for his MVP comments. Maybe now this whole ordeal can die off.

I think we need a TL rule for dumb tweets. The person should have a 24 hour window to apologize before it becomes “real” drama. 36 hours if it involves family members.

I think it was Shamus Young podcast (the Diecast) I was listening to where they weighed into the whole Phil Fish controversy. Part of the nature of modern video games is the immediacy of everything. Under the old industry, you would have a buffer system between yourself and the audience/ consumers. So then there would be a delay in which prepared statements could be made and everything is a lot less dramatic.

Now there is immediate and direct access. Which can be really cool. You get direct communication with those creating stuff. But it can also be really raw and messy because fewer things get filtered or allowed to percolate until emotions can cool off and a more reasonable, but still truthful statement can be made.

So yes, we probably will continue to see 'action or statement' followed by 'e-drama' followed by 'retraction and more e-drama.' It's more direct, personal, and it happens much quicker and can flare up bigger.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 16 2013 18:59 GMT
#374
On August 17 2013 03:55 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:50 Plansix wrote:
On August 17 2013 03:48 Assirra wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:53 Plansix wrote:
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m

@takesen I'm sorry that I lashed out at you in anger. You didn't deserve that, you do so much for the scene and I respect that massively.

All right, folks, TB apologized, lets all get a beer and make plans for the Season 2 finals next week.

The problem here is, for me at least him insulting is not the big issue here. They can insult each other blue on twitter for all i are. My biggest issue is the releasing of private conversations.

There was nothing bad enough to really change anything in the discussions and they can settle that in private. We, as a community, do not need to be involved with that.

Who talks about getting involved? And please stop talking we are all some hivemind. People can think of stuff however they dam well please no matter what "we as a community" should do as you say.


I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to make decisions for you. What I meant was, I feel the apologize is sufficient for this time and I also feel that your other objections are valid. However, I feel that the community shouldn’t be involved with that because I feel that it is best handled in private. I do not represent the feelings of the community in this matter and I am only stating my own opinions.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
August 16 2013 19:05 GMT
#375
TB apologized for his rant and I believe he means it like that. Its worth more than an apology that would be dishonest. I hope we can move on and I'm looking forward to Axiom in season 2 (I suppose!)
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 19:07:46
August 16 2013 19:06 GMT
#376
On August 17 2013 02:35 Knuty wrote:
Holy shit ,people are such assholes out for drama when being anonymous.....


People can be pussies, dicks and assholes in real life too bud. It's not just the internet lol and when it comes down to business. You need to have a cut throat mentality as well.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 16 2013 19:08 GMT
#377
On August 17 2013 03:56 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 03:45 Plansix wrote:
On August 17 2013 03:43 GunPaladin wrote:
Good on TB for apologizing, hopefully he does the same for his MVP comments. Maybe now this whole ordeal can die off.

I think we need a TL rule for dumb tweets. The person should have a 24 hour window to apologize before it becomes “real” drama. 36 hours if it involves family members.

I think it was Shamus Young podcast (the Diecast) I was listening to where they weighed into the whole Phil Fish controversy. Part of the nature of modern video games is the immediacy of everything. Under the old industry, you would have a buffer system between yourself and the audience/ consumers. So then there would be a delay in which prepared statements could be made and everything is a lot less dramatic.

Now there is immediate and direct access. Which can be really cool. You get direct communication with those creating stuff. But it can also be really raw and messy because fewer things get filtered or allowed to percolate until emotions can cool off and a more reasonable, but still truthful statement can be made.

So yes, we probably will continue to see 'action or statement' followed by 'e-drama' followed by 'retraction and more e-drama.' It's more direct, personal, and it happens much quicker and can flare up bigger.

Giant Bomb had a similar discussion when it come to the Microsoft press conference and all the twitter buzz around that. They pointed out that all the Twitter buzz was just a bunch of people posting the first thing that came to their mind when they saw the press conference, based on limited information. Due to it being a first impression on limited, to zero information, the tweets were basically worthless for anyone attempting to make an informed decision. Yet the next day, people were reporting on the negative twitter buzz surrounding the conference.

At the end of the day, I don’t really take twitter seriously and I don’t think anyone should. It is instant access to a person’s thoughts without much filter and I hope people use it more responsibility in the future.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
tar
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany991 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 19:28:29
August 16 2013 19:19 GMT
#378
On August 17 2013 02:47 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2013 02:44 tar wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:17 BronzeKnee wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:16 Sn0_Man wrote:
On August 17 2013 02:13 BronzeKnee wrote:
In my experience in life, nothing that is done in private and can't be made public is anything honorable, honest, or ethical.

I think that is a commentary on your life then, not on things done in private. Privacy, or more to the point, confidentiality, is a crucial aspect of trust, which in turn can be a crucial component of healthy business dealings.


Give me a real life example. No theories here please.

My wife and I have worked in many different industries (business, healthcare, technology, human services, charitable organizations), and private meetings are always the same (though in healthcare patient confidentiality and privacy are exceptions).

Generally someone is getting screwed, and that is why it is private.



Without confidentiality parties will always be (over-)thoughtful of how to word every thing they bring forward, thus hindering the flow of the negotiations.
Also, think a company being really hard pressed for money at some point. In a confidential meeting they could explain their position and ask for terms considering their current financial situation.

In a day to day context: If we knew all our words could be put on twitter for everyone to see at any time, I think most conversations would look a lot different


In theory, confidentiality is great.

In practice, when it comes to businesses it is often, (not always) used to cover up for unethical, dishonest, and deceptive business practice where someone is getting screwed.

Which is why I asked for a real life example.

It is also not certain that what Genna did is illegal. In most countries, it is illegal to record a private conversation without the knowledge of one or both of the parties. But Genna didn't record anything, this is where it get's hairy. Take recorded it when he wrote what he wrote and sent it to Genna.

It is up to a judge (at least where I live) to decide if Take had a reasonable expectation for that conversation to remain private, or he could decide that the fact that he put it down in email and sent it to her makes it something that Genna could share. If someone writes me a letter, and I share, do I get in trouble? Often not. Take would have a tough case on his hands, did he make sure no one was looking over his shoulder when he wrote it or Genna when she recieved it (if you have "private conservation" on a street corner, courts often see that as a public conversation)? Did he tell her this was private and not to be shared. Probably not, I didn't see the disclaimer in the emails she posted (yes there is a reason for that disclaimer at the end of someone emails!). Again, that is up to the judge

This is why so much business is done face to face or over the phone.


We really shouldn't go into legal details here, especially since German law and US law differ quite a bit.

It simply is not good practice to publish a conversation without the approval of the other party. Wether or not it is also illegal, depends on the law applied as well as the particular circumstances of the case.

Confidentiality can be abused but that doesn't invalidate the concept. Otherwise all privacy and thus civil liberties would be challenged.

edit: typos & ps

PS: thumbs up for TB's apology.
whoever I pick for my anti team turns gosu
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
August 16 2013 19:54 GMT
#379
anyone want to summarize what I'm sure is mounds of bullshit drama over the proceeding 19 pages?
leandroqm
Profile Joined June 2008
Netherlands874 Posts
August 16 2013 19:58 GMT
#380
I couldnt care less about the drama, just think they should sort things out themselves.
What are you tinkering about?
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings168
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko431
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3933
Jaedong 3244
Leta 1530
actioN 957
EffOrt 658
Horang2 561
Soma 413
BeSt 391
Killer 330
Mini 273
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
Stork 220
Pusan 152
Light 147
Barracks 124
Zeus 121
Snow 99
ggaemo 96
Larva 91
JYJ 63
Sea.KH 55
Mong 52
ToSsGirL 42
HiyA 41
hero 40
Bale 35
Sharp 28
Shinee 22
zelot 20
sorry 19
Sexy 14
Noble 10
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5603
Dendi792
XaKoH 450
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_72
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3951
Other Games
gofns37173
singsing1596
olofmeister1370
B2W.Neo631
byalli508
Livibee187
OGKoka 99
ArmadaUGS60
DeMusliM12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV379
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream284
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV263
League of Legends
• Jankos1714
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 30m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 30m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.