• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:59
CEST 07:59
KST 14:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7868 users

TLMC Voting! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
127 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Tosster
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland299 Posts
June 07 2013 08:04 GMT
#21
Electric Circuit FTW
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
June 07 2013 08:07 GMT
#22
On June 07 2013 16:56 Xapti wrote:
Aww man? no 3 position maps? I'd do 3 position over 4 any day.

4 position maps promote luck more than usual when it comes to the opening game.

I wish the maps had star locations shown for easyness sake. Assuming I have the positions on Khalim's Will right, doesn't it suffer the same problem Jungle basin had only far worse because:
- it also has a very defend-able natural
- the main's expansion is on higher ground than the other side of the destructible rocks
Unless something changed in the balance of SC2 with the patches and HotS, I don't see how that map got to the final and/or how would have any chance.

You can read up on the map details in the analysis thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416064
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Gaius Baltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States449 Posts
June 07 2013 08:08 GMT
#23
GL Monitor.
LemonyTang
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom437 Posts
June 07 2013 08:09 GMT
#24
Ravage is shite
Mvp #1
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 08:23:34
June 07 2013 08:10 GMT
#25
On June 07 2013 17:07 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 16:56 Xapti wrote:
Aww man? no 3 position maps? I'd do 3 position over 4 any day.

4 position maps promote luck more than usual when it comes to the opening game.

I wish the maps had star locations shown for easyness sake. Assuming I have the positions on Khalim's Will right, doesn't it suffer the same problem Jungle basin had only far worse because:
- it also has a very defend-able natural
- the main's expansion is on higher ground than the other side of the destructible rocks
Unless something changed in the balance of SC2 with the patches and HotS, I don't see how that map got to the final and/or how would have any chance.

You can read up on the map details in the analysis thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416064

OK thanks; I haven't been following the competition at all, nor that map, so I don't know what sort of reasoning/explanations are supporting it.
edit: after reading that, it doesn't really explain exactly how it's balanced, particularly compared to previous maps that existed like this such as Jungle Basin.
I guess one of the big problems with Jungle Basin was that the 3rd base was really hard for zerg to defend, making them lose, and that that issue would exist here.

Nonetheless, I'm not much of a fan of a map that so explicitly condones 3 base macro games with virtually no other option.

________________________

I think that I like Yeonsu the most. I'm not a fan of it's very small natural and reasonably large travel distance from main to natural though. Maybe it's my perception; seems the same way with Keru as well.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
June 07 2013 08:11 GMT
#26
ESV Ravage is the one that makes sense the most.
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
June 07 2013 08:35 GMT
#27
On June 07 2013 17:10 Xapti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 17:07 Plexa wrote:
On June 07 2013 16:56 Xapti wrote:
Aww man? no 3 position maps? I'd do 3 position over 4 any day.

4 position maps promote luck more than usual when it comes to the opening game.

I wish the maps had star locations shown for easyness sake. Assuming I have the positions on Khalim's Will right, doesn't it suffer the same problem Jungle basin had only far worse because:
- it also has a very defend-able natural
- the main's expansion is on higher ground than the other side of the destructible rocks
Unless something changed in the balance of SC2 with the patches and HotS, I don't see how that map got to the final and/or how would have any chance.

You can read up on the map details in the analysis thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416064

OK thanks; I haven't been following the competition at all, nor that map, so I don't know what sort of reasoning/explanations are supporting it.
edit: after reading that, it doesn't really explain exactly how it's balanced, particularly compared to previous maps that existed like this such as Jungle Basin.
I guess one of the big problems with Jungle Basin was that the 3rd base was really hard for zerg to defend, making them lose, and that that issue would exist here.

Nonetheless, I'm not much of a fan of a map that so explicitly condones 3 base macro games with virtually no other option.

________________________

I think that I like Yeonsu the most. I'm not a fan of it's very small natural and reasonably large travel distance from main to natural though. Maybe it's my perception; seems the same way with Keru as well.

In some ways, the natural is more easily defend-able. In other ways, it's not. For example, Icarus is a map with a similar main/natural layout that promotes aggressive play. Both third bases also have their unique vulnerabilities as is written about in the write-up. I'm not sure what kind of imbalance you're referring to.
Moderator
Fuchsteufelswild
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2028 Posts
June 07 2013 08:39 GMT
#28
I really don't like only being able to vote for one rather than say 3.
I'd have preferred some points system like 3-2-1 for first, second and third, or 6-3-1, that sort of thing.
Ah well. For me personally though, this might be harder to choose now, with only one to select.
ZerO - FantaSy - Calm - Nal_rA - Jaedong - NaDa - EffOrt - Bisu - by.hero - StarDust - Welmu - Nerchio - Supernova - Solar - Squirtle - LosirA - Grubby - IntoTheRainbow - Golden... ~~~ Incredible Miracle and Woongjin Stars 화이팅!
YuiHirasawa
Profile Joined August 2012
Japan220 Posts
June 07 2013 10:11 GMT
#29
I voted for Insidious.
Fun things are fun
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
June 07 2013 10:45 GMT
#30
I liked the minerals on Koprulu that can be accessed from two sides, that's going to lead to some clever plays.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
June 07 2013 11:09 GMT
#31
ravage
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
June 07 2013 11:58 GMT
#32
My personal ranking:

(4) TPW Strangewood Mire
(4) TPW Electric Circuit
(2) DF Yeonsu
(4) Crux Frost
(2) ESV Insidious
(4) TPW Koprulu
(2) TPW Keru
(2) ESV Ravage
(2) TPW Khalim's Will

:D
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
June 07 2013 12:01 GMT
#33
Ravage for sure, I wouldn't mind playing on that map on the ladder.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 12:10:40
June 07 2013 12:07 GMT
#34
And here is my personal ranking.
I tried being objective about it despite my map being probably higher than it should be... if it helps...

(4) Crux Frost
(4) TPW Electric Circuit
(4) TPW Strangewood Mire
(2) DF Yeonsu
(2) ESV Ravage
(2) ESV Insidious
(2) TPW Keru*
(4) TPW Koprulu
(2) TPW Khalim's Will

Keru is only so low on the ranking because I would have liked to seen more games on a lowground main (with adjustments) and I believe that WOULD have shaken up the metagame as blizzard wanted.

Though I haven't voted yet because I really want to vote right..
Retired Mapmaker™
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
June 07 2013 12:14 GMT
#35
Frost,Keru and Yeonsu are all pretty good.My vote goes to Yeonsu.
All I do is Stim.
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 12:39:53
June 07 2013 12:38 GMT
#36
Koprulu

also my head hearts looking at electric circuit. Can barely notice where exactly the ramps and spawn locations.
AKMU / IU
VoirDire
Profile Joined February 2009
Sweden1923 Posts
June 07 2013 12:53 GMT
#37
Could someone make SC2 Map Analyzer pics of the maps? It's hard to make out pathing layout on some of them.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
June 07 2013 12:55 GMT
#38
Ravage since it's almost the only normal map.
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
June 07 2013 12:59 GMT
#39
frost
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
June 07 2013 13:01 GMT
#40
itt "which map is the prettiest"

glhf!
starleague forever
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 158
-ZergGirl 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1941
Hyuk 172
910 70
sorry 50
Yoon 38
Bale 32
NotJumperer 20
yabsab 16
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 9
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Reynor35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox593
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor155
Other Games
summit1g7174
WinterStarcraft381
PiGStarcraft263
C9.Mang0259
Sick218
Livibee158
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream242
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Stunt534
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 1m
Stellar Fest
7h 1m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.