• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:38
CEST 18:38
KST 01:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10268 users

Awaiting the ForGGeddon - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
May 05 2013 01:54 GMT
#61
On May 05 2013 06:29 TheBB wrote:
I've said it before, and I don't mind repeating, that I think people put too much weight on titles and prizes, and too little weight on steady positive winrates.

Well if Bear moved to SEA he'd have a steady positive winrate too, it's all about the caliber of opponents.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
May 05 2013 02:21 GMT
#62
Why don't players lose points when they retire (ex Puzzle, Coca)

They just stayed at the level they were at through their LoL periods and I feel like that shouldn't really happen :<
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 07:22:28
May 05 2013 07:17 GMT
#63
On May 05 2013 11:21 GTPGlitch wrote:
Why don't players lose points when they retire (ex Puzzle, Coca)

They just stayed at the level they were at through their LoL periods and I feel like that shouldn't really happen :<

Since they haven't lost any points after coming back, they must have been performing at that level, so it seems justified to me, mathematically.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
May 05 2013 07:20 GMT
#64
--- Nuked ---
Figgy
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 08:45:44
May 05 2013 08:35 GMT
#65
On May 05 2013 05:50 WindCalibur wrote:
I feel like people should get banned or warned for saying the same thing about people rating too high etc again and again without reading more in the OP on how and why some of players are higher or lower than they should be.


They are way higher than they are because unlike Chess ELO, beating up on 1500 scrubs can get you up to 3k if you dodge every decent player in existance.

It's like if we get a Chess GM and throw him in a random Chess Club in the middle of nowhere where the top player is 2k rated.

He will never even come close to getting above 2400 even if he has a 100% win record until he faces other Grandmasters, but in this system ForGG will be 3000 and best on the planet despite never facing a decent player in his whole life.

I'm still curious why you don't just switch over to Chess ELO completely but adjust the amount of games for a stable rating and adjust for point decay. Wouldn't that just solve every single one of these ridiculous problems?

It would also make it so Kespa players don't have to play 30 games against other top Koreans just to get ahead of ForGG <_<
Bug Fixes Fixed an issue where, when facing a SlayerS terran, completing a hatchery would cause a medivac and 8 marines to randomly spawn nearby and attack it.
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
May 05 2013 08:40 GMT
#66
On May 05 2013 17:35 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 05:50 WindCalibur wrote:
I feel like people should get banned or warned for saying the same thing about people rating too high etc again and again without reading more in the OP on how and why some of players are higher or lower than they should be.


They are way higher than they are because unlike Chess ELO, beating up on 1500 scrubs can get you up to 3k if you dodge every decent player in existance.

It's like if we get a Chess GM and throw him in a random Chess Club in the middle of nowhere where the top player is 2k rated.

He will never even come close to getting above 2400 even if he has a 100% win record until he faces other Grandmasters, but in this system ForGG will be 3000 and best on the planet despite never facing a decent player in his whole life.

While I do understand you are just trying to make a point. No player has reached 2k under the current rating system.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Figgy
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 08:48:16
May 05 2013 08:46 GMT
#67
On May 05 2013 17:40 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 17:35 Figgy wrote:
On May 05 2013 05:50 WindCalibur wrote:
I feel like people should get banned or warned for saying the same thing about people rating too high etc again and again without reading more in the OP on how and why some of players are higher or lower than they should be.


They are way higher than they are because unlike Chess ELO, beating up on 1500 scrubs can get you up to 3k if you dodge every decent player in existance.

It's like if we get a Chess GM and throw him in a random Chess Club in the middle of nowhere where the top player is 2k rated.

He will never even come close to getting above 2400 even if he has a 100% win record until he faces other Grandmasters, but in this system ForGG will be 3000 and best on the planet despite never facing a decent player in his whole life.

While I do understand you are just trying to make a point. No player has reached 2k under the current rating system.


No one has reached 2k under the current system because there are massively more games played under Chess ELO and 100 years worth of Inflation, it was an example.

Typical Chess GM is 2400+ ELO atm and due to inflation there are many more today than there were 60 years ago.
Bug Fixes Fixed an issue where, when facing a SlayerS terran, completing a hatchery would cause a medivac and 8 marines to randomly spawn nearby and attack it.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 09:27:35
May 05 2013 09:26 GMT
#68
One thing that is possibly bugging people is the fact that Aligulac ratings fluctuate pretty wildly compared to what one might be used to. Reading Figgy's post gave me this idea: Check a chess player's ELO over time and a SC2 player's Aligulac over time.

As just an example, here's how Anand (first player to pop into my head) has been doing http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=5000017 Since February, Anand has played 29 games that count toward his ELO. What is the net change over that time? Three points (I think, I'm not sure how I should interpret the graph). Now see ForGG's rating history http://aligulac.com/players/34-ForGG/period/83/. Over a mere 13 days and 19 games, his rating has changed fifty-five points! That is a huge difference.

Now, I am NOT trying to solve any problems here. I know that Kespa's ratings are changing with the same parameters as ForGG's, and I also am aware that ForGG has been playing SC2 for months whereas Anand has been playing chess for literally decades. But I am just saying that this high ratings change might be one source of shock to people who see Aligulac.
jjakji fan
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
May 05 2013 10:03 GMT
#69
On May 05 2013 18:26 slowbacontron wrote:
One thing that is possibly bugging people is the fact that Aligulac ratings fluctuate pretty wildly compared to what one might be used to. Reading Figgy's post gave me this idea: Check a chess player's ELO over time and a SC2 player's Aligulac over time.

As just an example, here's how Anand (first player to pop into my head) has been doing http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=5000017 Since February, Anand has played 29 games that count toward his ELO. What is the net change over that time? Three points (I think, I'm not sure how I should interpret the graph). Now see ForGG's rating history http://aligulac.com/players/34-ForGG/period/83/. Over a mere 13 days and 19 games, his rating has changed fifty-five points! That is a huge difference.

Now, I am NOT trying to solve any problems here. I know that Kespa's ratings are changing with the same parameters as ForGG's, and I also am aware that ForGG has been playing SC2 for months whereas Anand has been playing chess for literally decades. But I am just saying that this high ratings change might be one source of shock to people who see Aligulac.

While I do agree. People also seem to want every "flavor of the month" player to be in top 3. How does one do both?
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
May 05 2013 10:06 GMT
#70
who is lucinfron?
Czech Terran(Hots) player
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 10:20:57
May 05 2013 10:10 GMT
#71
On May 05 2013 19:06 CamoPillbox wrote:
who is lucinfron?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/LucifroN
Edit: Yeah I both spelled it right and wrong in the OP. Confusion complete
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Kihshra
Profile Joined July 2012
178 Posts
May 05 2013 10:56 GMT
#72
On May 05 2013 05:46 Nerchio wrote:
If a guy that doesn't scout in more than 50% of the games gets even close to rank1 it means something is wrong with your ranking.

I know you're angry at ForGG cause he kicks your ass all the time, but that's not a reason to come here and bitch about it.
hastur420
Profile Joined March 2013
Belize178 Posts
May 05 2013 11:02 GMT
#73
On May 05 2013 07:02 Greenei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 05:46 Nerchio wrote:
If a guy that doesn't scout in more than 50% of the games gets even close to rank1 it means something is wrong with your ranking.


Or maybe you should read the fucking OP...


or maybe one could think even if there is an explanation for it, that the rating is worthless if such a thing happens

funny how dorks jump on the opportunity to be an ass with a progamer just because they can
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
May 05 2013 11:03 GMT
#74
On May 05 2013 19:56 Kihshra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 05:46 Nerchio wrote:
If a guy that doesn't scout in more than 50% of the games gets even close to rank1 it means something is wrong with your ranking.

I know you're angry at ForGG cause he kicks your ass all the time, but that's not a reason to come here and bitch about it.

3:2 over the last period is hardly an ass-kicking.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
May 05 2013 11:19 GMT
#75
Actually, Nerchio has a winning record against ForGG. (Not sure on their ladder shenanigans)
http://aligulac.com/results/search/?op=search&after=&before=&players=forgg
nerchio&eventtext=&bo=all&offline=both&game=all
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Kihshra
Profile Joined July 2012
178 Posts
May 05 2013 11:26 GMT
#76
On May 05 2013 20:19 Grovbolle wrote:
Actually, Nerchio has a winning record against ForGG. (Not sure on their ladder shenanigans)
http://aligulac.com/results/search/?op=search&after=&before=&players=forgg
nerchio&eventtext=&bo=all&offline=both&game=all

I'm talking about ladder games
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
May 05 2013 19:43 GMT
#77
On May 05 2013 19:03 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 18:26 slowbacontron wrote:
One thing that is possibly bugging people is the fact that Aligulac ratings fluctuate pretty wildly compared to what one might be used to. Reading Figgy's post gave me this idea: Check a chess player's ELO over time and a SC2 player's Aligulac over time.

As just an example, here's how Anand (first player to pop into my head) has been doing http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=5000017 Since February, Anand has played 29 games that count toward his ELO. What is the net change over that time? Three points (I think, I'm not sure how I should interpret the graph). Now see ForGG's rating history http://aligulac.com/players/34-ForGG/period/83/. Over a mere 13 days and 19 games, his rating has changed fifty-five points! That is a huge difference.

Now, I am NOT trying to solve any problems here. I know that Kespa's ratings are changing with the same parameters as ForGG's, and I also am aware that ForGG has been playing SC2 for months whereas Anand has been playing chess for literally decades. But I am just saying that this high ratings change might be one source of shock to people who see Aligulac.

While I do agree. People also seem to want every "flavor of the month" player to be in top 3. How does one do both?

Well, it seems to me that ForGG is not most people's flavor of the month I don't know.
jjakji fan
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
May 05 2013 20:53 GMT
#78
On May 06 2013 04:43 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 19:03 Grovbolle wrote:
On May 05 2013 18:26 slowbacontron wrote:
One thing that is possibly bugging people is the fact that Aligulac ratings fluctuate pretty wildly compared to what one might be used to. Reading Figgy's post gave me this idea: Check a chess player's ELO over time and a SC2 player's Aligulac over time.

As just an example, here's how Anand (first player to pop into my head) has been doing http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=5000017 Since February, Anand has played 29 games that count toward his ELO. What is the net change over that time? Three points (I think, I'm not sure how I should interpret the graph). Now see ForGG's rating history http://aligulac.com/players/34-ForGG/period/83/. Over a mere 13 days and 19 games, his rating has changed fifty-five points! That is a huge difference.

Now, I am NOT trying to solve any problems here. I know that Kespa's ratings are changing with the same parameters as ForGG's, and I also am aware that ForGG has been playing SC2 for months whereas Anand has been playing chess for literally decades. But I am just saying that this high ratings change might be one source of shock to people who see Aligulac.

While I do agree. People also seem to want every "flavor of the month" player to be in top 3. How does one do both?

Well, it seems to me that ForGG is not most people's flavor of the month I don't know.

Personally, I believe that INnoVation is probably the best player in the world right now.
People need to realize that no rating system, which isn't being tampered with, can put him #1 so fast without giving up on the prediction power. Then factor in all the Kespa players we know close to nothing about and we have the issue.

Honestly, as soon as a few players beat ForGG in TvT, it should stabilize.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
May 06 2013 00:01 GMT
#79
On May 06 2013 05:53 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2013 04:43 slowbacontron wrote:
On May 05 2013 19:03 Grovbolle wrote:
On May 05 2013 18:26 slowbacontron wrote:
One thing that is possibly bugging people is the fact that Aligulac ratings fluctuate pretty wildly compared to what one might be used to. Reading Figgy's post gave me this idea: Check a chess player's ELO over time and a SC2 player's Aligulac over time.

As just an example, here's how Anand (first player to pop into my head) has been doing http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=5000017 Since February, Anand has played 29 games that count toward his ELO. What is the net change over that time? Three points (I think, I'm not sure how I should interpret the graph). Now see ForGG's rating history http://aligulac.com/players/34-ForGG/period/83/. Over a mere 13 days and 19 games, his rating has changed fifty-five points! That is a huge difference.

Now, I am NOT trying to solve any problems here. I know that Kespa's ratings are changing with the same parameters as ForGG's, and I also am aware that ForGG has been playing SC2 for months whereas Anand has been playing chess for literally decades. But I am just saying that this high ratings change might be one source of shock to people who see Aligulac.

While I do agree. People also seem to want every "flavor of the month" player to be in top 3. How does one do both?

Well, it seems to me that ForGG is not most people's flavor of the month I don't know.

Personally, I believe that INnoVation is probably the best player in the world right now.
People need to realize that no rating system, which isn't being tampered with, can put him #1 so fast without giving up on the prediction power. Then factor in all the Kespa players we know close to nothing about and we have the issue.

Honestly, as soon as a few players beat ForGG in TvT, it should stabilize.

Definitely true, but what if, as Figgy pointed out, ForGG simply stays in his region and beats up on Europeans that aren't as good as he is? Aligulac continues to predict 2-1s for many of his matches, and as long as he can 2-0 them, his rating will rise to impossible heights. We should start a campaign to fund ForGG's travels to more Korean tournaments
jjakji fan
DusTerr
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
2520 Posts
May 06 2013 00:24 GMT
#80
On May 05 2013 19:56 Kihshra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 05:46 Nerchio wrote:
If a guy that doesn't scout in more than 50% of the games gets even close to rank1 it means something is wrong with your ranking.

I know you're angry at ForGG cause he kicks your ass all the time, but that's not a reason to come here and bitch about it.

I still remember Stim to the Win finals where Nerchio roach rushed a blind cc-gas-rax build by ForGG in 3/4 wins! :D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 38
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1156
Shuttle 1002
Mini 812
Soma 626
actioN 474
Rush 378
Light 346
Larva 314
BeSt 235
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Snow 161
hero 135
firebathero 117
Aegong 70
Zeus 65
Barracks 64
Liquid`Ret 58
Sexy 31
Shinee 28
Shine 28
JYJ 27
soO 26
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 14
Terrorterran 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 7
Dewaltoss 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7929
qojqva2376
Dendi900
420jenkins161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1243
Fnx 766
x6flipin625
pashabiceps514
ceh9379
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby2738
Liquid`Hasu65
Other Games
singsing1488
byalli469
B2W.Neo358
Beastyqt346
Khaldor220
DeMusliM163
Liquid`VortiX156
ArmadaUGS144
KnowMe132
Trikslyr59
BRAT_OK 57
TKL 43
C9.Mang038
Railgan3
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV276
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH275
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile128
• Reevou 4
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• blackmanpl 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV417
League of Legends
• Nemesis2626
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 22m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.