• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8324 users

Custom observer & replay UI - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 21 2013 08:39 GMT
#21

for those who didn't get how to use the interface

Already listed in 1st post here on TL.net
Davron
Profile Joined April 2011
United States86 Posts
April 21 2013 21:52 GMT
#22
Does anyone know how to edit the player bios? I would love to use this for my clan and have the appropriate bio pop up
Goliath Online.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 05:25:08
April 22 2013 05:24 GMT
#23
You have to preload them into the interface and assign them all different hotkeys. Then you just press the correct hotkey for the player and you get their bio.
Gameheart
Son1x
Profile Joined November 2011
Slovenia17 Posts
April 26 2013 12:18 GMT
#24
On the minimal interface, I can't get rid of the 0 in the scoreboard. I can add and remove 1-4 but 0 seems to stay there. How do I remove it?
Trauni
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany2 Posts
May 07 2013 20:12 GMT
#25
On April 22 2013 14:24 GameHeart wrote:
You have to preload them into the interface and assign them all different hotkeys. Then you just press the correct hotkey for the player and you get their bio.



Sorry what does this mean? Can anyone post a link to an manual to do that?
thx
Commentating esport is a passion and honor for me!
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
May 10 2013 14:50 GMT
#26
I was about to think that I had bumped this thread, and perhaps I have, but there is something new that has arisen...

With the most recent battle.net patch, I find that the customizable interfaces I had downloaded previously are no longer usable.

How do I fix this?
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
May 10 2013 15:04 GMT
#27
I've been trying these out (as well as doing some small modding to them). The main reason I'm not currently using any of them is that they don't show queued units. I like to see if someone has 2-3 scvs queued to see if they're getting a rax or cc 1st etc.. But I'm really excited to see where this goes!
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 10 2013 15:04 GMT
#28
On May 10 2013 23:50 Enders116 wrote:
I was about to think that I had bumped this thread, and perhaps I have, but there is something new that has arisen...

With the most recent battle.net patch, I find that the customizable interfaces I had downloaded previously are no longer usable.

How do I fix this?

First read patch notes again, then open the spoiler below

+ Show Spoiler +
• Custom observer interface files are now read from the “My Documents/StarCraft II/Interfaces” location rather than account specific locations.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 10 2013 15:06 GMT
#29
On April 26 2013 21:18 Son1x wrote:
On the minimal interface, I can't get rid of the 0 in the scoreboard. I can add and remove 1-4 but 0 seems to stay there. How do I remove it?

Click on zero hotkey again?
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 16:16:43
May 10 2013 16:14 GMT
#30
On May 11 2013 00:04 y0su wrote:
I've been trying these out (as well as doing some small modding to them). The main reason I'm not currently using any of them is that they don't show queued units. I like to see if someone has 2-3 scvs queued to see if they're getting a rax or cc 1st etc.. But I'm really excited to see where this goes!


You can edit the interface to do that. I will give you a small tutorial to edit that yourself and a file that I edited as a download link at the end of the post.


The whole path for the page of the unit info panel showing the queue of a unit is:
"GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/InfoPanel/InfoPaneQueue"

I'm now describing how you can alter that in the "Reskin" interface:
1. open editor, drag and drop the interface into an editor window. Then at the top: "Modules -> UI" to open up the UI module which consists the UI changes.
2. On the left side there is a list with layout files. The green files are all that contain the code that alters the default UI.
3. Click on "Observer_UnitInfoPane" and click on its tiny buttons to open up the tree branch. It will display you the frames that it contains. So you should see more green entries appearing.
4. Click on "InfoPaneQueue" which is one of these new entries that appeared. (If you get Warning messages, ignore them. I get messages all over the place in UI, so, don't mind it too much unless something isn't working as you want it ingame.)
5. Now you jumped to that frame in the code in the big right half of the editor. It's using the XML format, but you don't need to know that now.
6. Now you have a line selected with displaying
" <Frame type="InfoPaneQueue" name="InfoPaneQueue">". This is where the queue frame is entered and altered.

A few lines below that you will find:
<Frame type="QueueButton" name="QueueButton00">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="3000"/>
</Frame>
These 3 lines will move the first button of the queue offscreen (offset is 3000).

But that isn't the only thing Blizzard did to hide them:

6. Go back up in the code. A little bit below the line where you started you will find:
<Frame type="Frame" name="QueuePanel">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Mid" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$parent" pos="Mid" offset="0"/>
<Height val="64"/>
You need to change the value from 64 to 128 to display 2 rows. 64 can only display 1 while 128 shows the second one.

Blizzard centered the first row by only giving the whole frame enough space for 1 row. Basically this would have hidden the buttons, too. So their change to the first queue button to move it offscreen has actually no effect.

7. Compile the changed script with the button that states "XML" at the top. It should appear green, if the code has changes.

8. After that, save the file on the disc icon in the top left corner of the screen.

9. Test it.

I hope that helps and I hope you understood a tiny bit how the UI changes are done.

For the lazy people:
Download the interface I edited to display the queue.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
May 26 2013 11:41 GMT
#31
I'm really bad with programming, and it's probably somewhere where I didn't understand/read, but where and how do you put team logo's, player bio's etc? Thanks!
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
Flamga
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia60 Posts
May 26 2013 22:48 GMT
#32
I have been fiddling with this for a while now, and it's quite interesting but to answer questions about the player bio and such everything to do with this is within the data section of the editor.

The data area allows you to import new picture aka clan logos or player images and background stuff depending on what you wish to mod and change. To use an imported image or text however it has to be referenced within the data section. For this you have:

Assets.txt - for referencing picture
Game strings.txt - pulling data and text up to display
Font styles.txt - importing different fonts to use on screen

To access these you need to check a box above the editing area (can't remember what it's called for the life of me lol) to reveal game hidden files.

However adding these files into the code is a completely different thing, as your not just making changes, it's completely new code and can be a pain to append on the end of blizzards code but I can try to explain when I have a lot of free time to type it up :D
Shoutcaster free lancing @FlamgaSC2 www.twitch.tv/flamga
BelleNOiR
Profile Joined April 2011
Czech Republic165 Posts
May 27 2013 10:48 GMT
#33
Ok so I found how to move the resource&supply counter on the reskin interface a little bit and how to adjust the icon sizes. What I can't find is how can I adjust the font size? I am not a programmer so all this was just trial and error, but I don't see any font parameters in the corresponding UI section. Any one willing to point me in the right direction? Thx!
"Storm first, ask questions later." - BelleNOiR 2012
Flamga
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia60 Posts
May 27 2013 10:51 GMT
#34
On May 27 2013 19:48 BelleNOiR wrote:
Ok so I found how to move the resource&supply counter on the reskin interface a little bit and how to adjust the icon sizes. What I can't find is how can I adjust the font size? I am not a programmer so all this was just trial and error, but I don't see any font parameters in the corresponding UI section. Any one willing to point me in the right direction? Thx!


In the Import tab, tick the 'Show Reserved' box up the top and itll reveal a whole listing of new files, youll need to export the FontStyles.txt and you can edit it that way (reads horizontally) via notepad. Then youll need to import it again with the fixes. Just look for the font in the XML coding and itll have the same name in this document.
Shoutcaster free lancing @FlamgaSC2 www.twitch.tv/flamga
BelleNOiR
Profile Joined April 2011
Czech Republic165 Posts
May 27 2013 15:55 GMT
#35
Thx found it I dont fully understand how to do this yet, but now I know where to look at least and will try and figure this out. Too bad the SC2 Editor doesnt come with a manual :/
"Storm first, ask questions later." - BelleNOiR 2012
Flamga
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia60 Posts
May 28 2013 02:23 GMT
#36
On May 28 2013 00:55 BelleNOiR wrote:
Thx found it I dont fully understand how to do this yet, but now I know where to look at least and will try and figure this out. Too bad the SC2 Editor doesnt come with a manual :/


Its confusing but easy little step by step

- right click on the file you wish to edit and export it.

- edit it in notepad (wordpad works as well BUT since everything is on 1 line and wordpad loops it can be hard to find what you want)

- save the file (doesnt matter on the file format, but can leave it as no file type regardless)

- You will need to reimport the file, now depending on the file youll need to do a couple different things:

Some files need you to REMOVE them before you import it back to the editor WITHOUT SAVING.

Others you will need to REMOVE and then SAVE before itll update correctly

Some you can just import it right over and itll work.

To make sure it has worked, double check the changes have been ammended in the editor. Happy to help over skype if needed (add Flamga)
Shoutcaster free lancing @FlamgaSC2 www.twitch.tv/flamga
BelleNOiR
Profile Joined April 2011
Czech Republic165 Posts
May 29 2013 18:19 GMT
#37
On May 28 2013 11:23 Flamga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2013 00:55 BelleNOiR wrote:
Thx found it I dont fully understand how to do this yet, but now I know where to look at least and will try and figure this out. Too bad the SC2 Editor doesnt come with a manual :/


Its confusing but easy little step by step

- right click on the file you wish to edit and export it.

- edit it in notepad (wordpad works as well BUT since everything is on 1 line and wordpad loops it can be hard to find what you want)

- save the file (doesnt matter on the file format, but can leave it as no file type regardless)

- You will need to reimport the file, now depending on the file youll need to do a couple different things:

Some files need you to REMOVE them before you import it back to the editor WITHOUT SAVING.

Others you will need to REMOVE and then SAVE before itll update correctly

Some you can just import it right over and itll work.

To make sure it has worked, double check the changes have been ammended in the editor. Happy to help over skype if needed (add Flamga)


Thank you! I'll add you on skype after this weekend. Will be in Hague casting the DSCL finals. Definitely need help with this
"Storm first, ask questions later." - BelleNOiR 2012
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
May 29 2013 18:43 GMT
#38
On May 11 2013 01:14 Ahli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2013 00:04 y0su wrote:
I've been trying these out (as well as doing some small modding to them). The main reason I'm not currently using any of them is that they don't show queued units. I like to see if someone has 2-3 scvs queued to see if they're getting a rax or cc 1st etc.. But I'm really excited to see where this goes!


You can edit the interface to do that. I will give you a small tutorial to edit that yourself and a file that I edited as a download link at the end of the post.


The whole path for the page of the unit info panel showing the queue of a unit is:
"GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/InfoPanel/InfoPaneQueue"

I'm now describing how you can alter that in the "Reskin" interface:
1. open editor, drag and drop the interface into an editor window. Then at the top: "Modules -> UI" to open up the UI module which consists the UI changes.
2. On the left side there is a list with layout files. The green files are all that contain the code that alters the default UI.
3. Click on "Observer_UnitInfoPane" and click on its tiny buttons to open up the tree branch. It will display you the frames that it contains. So you should see more green entries appearing.
4. Click on "InfoPaneQueue" which is one of these new entries that appeared. (If you get Warning messages, ignore them. I get messages all over the place in UI, so, don't mind it too much unless something isn't working as you want it ingame.)
5. Now you jumped to that frame in the code in the big right half of the editor. It's using the XML format, but you don't need to know that now.
6. Now you have a line selected with displaying
" <Frame type="InfoPaneQueue" name="InfoPaneQueue">". This is where the queue frame is entered and altered.

A few lines below that you will find:
<Frame type="QueueButton" name="QueueButton00">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="3000"/>
</Frame>
These 3 lines will move the first button of the queue offscreen (offset is 3000).

But that isn't the only thing Blizzard did to hide them:

6. Go back up in the code. A little bit below the line where you started you will find:
<Frame type="Frame" name="QueuePanel">
<Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Mid" offset="0"/>
<Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$parent" pos="Mid" offset="0"/>
<Height val="64"/>
You need to change the value from 64 to 128 to display 2 rows. 64 can only display 1 while 128 shows the second one.

Blizzard centered the first row by only giving the whole frame enough space for 1 row. Basically this would have hidden the buttons, too. So their change to the first queue button to move it offscreen has actually no effect.

7. Compile the changed script with the button that states "XML" at the top. It should appear green, if the code has changes.

8. After that, save the file on the disc icon in the top left corner of the screen.

9. Test it.

I hope that helps and I hope you understood a tiny bit how the UI changes are done.

For the lazy people:
Download the interface I edited to display the queue.

lost track of this thread - THANKS!
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-29 15:21:16
June 29 2013 14:42 GMT
#39
For some reason, my interfaces aren't showing up in-game. What am I doing wrong?

C:\Users\David\Documents\Starcraft II\Accounts\395985\1-S2-1-304924\Interfaces

Then the actual files go into the interfaces folder, right? But when I go into SC2, they're not showing up.

I also tried putting an extra directory afterwards (the OP is a bit confusing) and putting the files in there. That didn't work either.

EDIT: Figured it out. OP needs to be fixed. It is telling us to put the files in two different places. One directions says to put the files in the main Starcraft interface folder; the other says to put it in the user account folder.

They need to go into the main starcraft folder, not the account holder's interface folder
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
July 30 2013 14:08 GMT
#40
A little late, but I'd still like to ask this question: How do you change the player bio's? =P I absolutely have no clue on how to do this - at all - but it'd be a great addition for my casting/UI in and of itself.

Thanks in advance :D
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV767
OGKoka 298
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 298
Rex 147
ProTech132
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3028
Shuttle 1665
Horang2 1385
Jaedong 813
BeSt 772
EffOrt 651
Light 312
firebathero 287
Rush 271
Stork 254
[ Show more ]
ZerO 251
ggaemo 188
Mini 176
Zeus 94
Barracks 85
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 51
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Bale 25
Mong 24
sorry 24
Aegong 18
PianO 17
soO 17
Terrorterran 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
zelot 9
Noble 9
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
qojqva3011
Dendi2153
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes424
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1401
hiko825
B2W.Neo735
Lowko349
Sick241
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX166
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis986
Other Games
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.