• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:05
CEST 16:05
KST 23:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11379 users

User suspended for uploading Sniper Ridge - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Dozle
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada147 Posts
April 10 2013 21:13 GMT
#141
Ignorance is the only word I can think of for this
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:20:40
April 10 2013 21:14 GMT
#142
On April 11 2013 06:11 cKoL wrote:
The Symbol is even banned from the public in germany and u get arrested by posting it in any form that doesnt show any education or historical use.


Here it was used in historical context, I'd say.

edit: also I wanted to add that what you wrote is wrong. You do not get arrested by posting it in any form that isn't bound to education or history. You get arrested by posting it in any form that glorifies nazis. Yes, people had been charged with using it, but the highest court in Germany ruled that it is illegal if it is not showing the nazis in a positive light (it was used on a "nazis out!" sticker).

And obviously we are talking about the nazi version of the swastika, not the budhist version.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
April 10 2013 21:15 GMT
#143
On April 11 2013 06:13 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Neither side is totally wrong or totally right if you ask me (not that anyone did hehe). What they probably should have done is ban the map, warn the creator and then be done with it. If the user continued to make more "offensive" content then an account ban would be in order.

Also, I imagine most people would immediately associate it with a swastika even if it's facing the wrong direction.

Blizzard side is 100% wrong in upholding the ban.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Valon
Profile Joined June 2011
United States329 Posts
April 10 2013 21:16 GMT
#144
This is a little ridiculous, The banning I mean.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 21:17 GMT
#145
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It doesn't need to be stated outright, that is why it as removed. Any symbol associated with Nazism is super illegal in German and they take that stuff super seriously. Movies and games are completely banned in the country for have a single Nazi symbol. And all the other politically correct reasons as well.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
StatikKhaos
Profile Joined January 2011
United States214 Posts
April 10 2013 21:17 GMT
#146
if they're so offended by it why not just remove the map...
Those Bitches
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
April 10 2013 21:17 GMT
#147
I wonder if the Blizzard employee even clicked on the Sniper Ridge link. I wonder if he even knows what Brood War is. I wonder if he thinks teamliquid.net is some front so mapmakers can make subtly offensive maps under the guise of remade content.
Never make a hydralisk.
lantz
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States762 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:20:22
April 10 2013 21:19 GMT
#148
You really think 7 day is bad?

I got banned for a year for uploading Britney Bound. The same game from Frozen Throne....
Yergidy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2107 Posts
April 10 2013 21:20 GMT
#149
This annoys the hell out of me... So ridiculous, even more so that the appeal was unsuccessful...
One bright day in the middle of the night, Two dead boys got up to fight; Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each other.
cocosoft
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1068 Posts
April 10 2013 21:21 GMT
#150
Haha... yeah I support blizzard in this one :|
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
xsevR
Profile Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:31:31
April 10 2013 21:25 GMT
#151
Lol what a joke. Let's repress all images of a symbol, because that symbol is evil! Its arbitrary shape incites people to genocide (except 90% of the world where its a recognized religious symbol). Disregard all the Nazi-founded companies still doing business to this day, they good.

To all this German law crap: Can you play sniper ridge in Germany on BW or does the secret police come and intern you?
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:28:10
April 10 2013 21:25 GMT
#152
On April 11 2013 06:17 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It doesn't need to be stated outright, that is why it as removed. Any symbol associated with Nazism is super illegal in German and they take that stuff super seriously. Movies and games are completely banned in the country for have a single Nazi symbol. And all the other politically correct reasons as well.


Well, I edited my post earlier but I guess it was too late.
Using the nazi symbol (yes, I am talking about the nazi version of the swastika, not the budhist version) is only illegal if it supports the nazi ideology or things associated to it. So you can actually use a crossed out version of the symbel in a "nazi out!" poster without legal problems. This is a ruling of the highest court in Germany in the year 2007.

As for why video games may not show nazi symbols even though they are clearly the bad guys (e.g. Wolfenstein)... I think that is actually allowed by now, according to the new ruling. Should any video game company sue the people responsible for banning the game, I think they have good chances of winning, it's just that no video game company bothers doing so.
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
April 10 2013 21:25 GMT
#153
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It's true, I guess blizzard doesn't want to be banned from Germany for 7 days or more
@taefoxy
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 21:26 GMT
#154
On April 11 2013 06:25 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It doesn't need to be stated outright, that is why it as removed. Any symbol associated with Nazism is super illegal in German and they take that stuff super seriously. Movies and games are completely banned in the country for have a single Nazi symbol. And all the other politically correct reasons as well.


Well, I edited my post earlier but I guess it was too late.
Using the nazi symbol (yes, I am talking about the nazi version of the swastika, not the budhist version) is only illegal if it supports the nazi ideology or things associated to it. So you can actually use a crossed out version of the symbel in a "nazi out!" poster without legal problems. This is a ruling of the highest court in Germany in the year 2007.

I don't think Blizzard is really interested in that fight, but I see where you are coming from. Its a video game folks.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#155
On April 11 2013 06:25 Porishan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It's true, I guess blizzard doesn't want to be banned from Germany for 7 days or more


They can remove the map without banning the player/mapmaker.
Never make a hydralisk.
striderxxx
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada443 Posts
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#156
Just because Blizzard screwed up with making the map in the first place doesn't mean it should allow it to continue. I don't agree with the ban, but the map should obviously be deleted.
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#157
i have had the id hooktits since late bw days into wings of liberty and into hots and haven't had any troubles , its all just sillyness
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#158
On April 11 2013 04:28 kingjames01 wrote:
That's fine, but the swastika as a symbol predates the Nazis by thousands of years.

It's very unfortunate that in modern times, it was adopted by the Nazi Party, but it's been used all over the world to mean something completely different.

Once again, I'm going to point out that the swastika in that map has the opposite rotation from the one that the Nazis used, so the moderation was baseless and made out of ignorance.


Nonsense. What do people think when they see a swastika? Do they wonder about the direction of the rotation? Do they wonder about the multitude of meanings it had a thousand years ago?

It doesn't matter. A symbol means what people think it means. That is what makes it a symbol - that it means something to people. Intentional or not, this map is fail.
FreeTossCZComentary
Profile Joined September 2011
Czech Republic143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:28:14
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#159
I really really love this way of thinking...

You know, Nazis used swastika, lets ban it!

By the way, you know that Nazis were breathing. Maybe should ban breathing as well.

-.- /facepalm

---------

Voldemorts name have been banned and yet it did not stoped his return.

Imagine making fun of that name. Having "Street of Voldemorts defeat". I think that banning symbols/names is really really bad aproach in Anti-Nazism and Anti-Voldemort fight and those strategies should be rethinked.
www.youtube.com/OnlyFreeToss, FreeCraft ForFun SC2 MOD Rulez: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=292319 Dont even dare waiting, join FreeCraft now!
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:32:06
April 10 2013 21:30 GMT
#160
On April 11 2013 06:27 justinpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 06:25 Porishan wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:12 oBlade wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 06:08 Jindo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Disagree with Blizzard's decision. I dislike how the Nazi butchered this symbol. More people need to learn about their differences.

Both are illegal in Germany, which is the reason the map was removed.

I think that's speculative? It wasn't in the OP I read.

It's true, I guess blizzard doesn't want to be banned from Germany for 7 days or more


They can remove the map without banning the player/mapmaker.


They can remove the map without the GM handling the ticket acting like a fucking cunt to the user that submitted it, whether the ban remains or not. To me that's the one part that you cannot possibly defend in any circumstance and with any argument. Like sure the usage of Swastika is questionable and a can of worms in and of itself, sure they are technically allowed to ban people for no reason. But you cannot dispute the fact that the GM responded like a complete and utter prick, for no reason whatsoever, in fact seemingly just to spite the guy that wrote the ticket. That is inexcusable.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 260
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1496
Dendi976
Counter-Strike
fl0m1052
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu455
Lowko428
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1350
DeMusliM272
Livibee175
Hui .146
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King83
elazer27
ZerO(Twitch)20
CosmosSc2 18
KnowMe4
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6731
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 55m
INu's Battles
21h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.