• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10249 users

Finally! Warhoud is back! - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
ohampatu
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 15:57:43
April 01 2013 15:56 GMT
#301
On April 02 2013 00:55 Maesy wrote:
http://www.sc2earnings.com/

This is a lot more funny, imo.


thats golden


edit:
his big win:
104-01-2013 GSL Secret Tournament 2013 $400,000
I am become death, for I am the destroyer of worlds.....You will be missed KT Violet!!!
Vashalgrim
Profile Joined July 2010
United States77 Posts
April 01 2013 15:57 GMT
#302
Well at least everyone got warhounds...better than just Terrans getting Terra-Tron

For those that don't remember:

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be." -Socrates
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 01 2013 15:59 GMT
#303
On April 02 2013 00:55 Maesy wrote:
http://www.sc2earnings.com/

This is a lot more funny, imo.

Damn i hope there are VODs for GSL Secret Tournament
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ohampatu
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1448 Posts
April 01 2013 15:59 GMT
#304
If you dont visit reddit check it out as well, it got a revamp, or my pc is effed up
I am become death, for I am the destroyer of worlds.....You will be missed KT Violet!!!
Roarer
Profile Joined December 2011
Hong Kong124 Posts
April 01 2013 16:00 GMT
#305
Apparently, Blizzard's favorite race is "Fools"
Never argue with an idiot, cause they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience =﹏=
SpikeStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 16:13:22
April 01 2013 16:12 GMT
#306
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
April 01 2013 16:23 GMT
#307
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.

I really don't see how this can possibly affect the progamers tbh.
Do you really think one of them will max out on workers and attack the other's base and he gg's before even fighting?
Oh and your comparison is off as well, since its just 1 unit it would be more equal to changing your start button and only your start button to korean at work. Will it look silly? yes. Will it bother you in any way? no.
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
April 01 2013 16:23 GMT
#308
I approve this prank! Next time I want peons.
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
April 01 2013 16:28 GMT
#309
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.


How is that even remotely similar ? It's not like the workers now have different Hotkeys or do anything different ? It like playing with a strangly colored ball in football , basketball whatever. Thats shouldn't make any difference to a proffesional player.
Mantaza
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany87 Posts
April 01 2013 16:28 GMT
#310
damn stupid shit. These warhounds are annoying as fuck in ladder but the patchnotes are funny.
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
April 01 2013 16:30 GMT
#311
On April 02 2013 01:28 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.


How is that even remotely similar ? It's not like the workers now have different Hotkeys or do anything different ? It like playing with a strangly colored ball in football , basketball whatever. Thats shouldn't make any difference to a proffesional player.


imagine you trained to see a brown football, and its now suddenly green and blends in with grass... Its just a color right? but now its harder to see for no apparent reason... And not what the professional player trained to see. As a protoss myself every time i see a terran unit i focus it down out of reflex with no thought, because terran is not protoss...
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
April 01 2013 16:30 GMT
#312
I like them minihounds, so cute :D
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
April 01 2013 16:32 GMT
#313
Can we make this permanent skin as an achievement? I would make all my drones warhounds.

I beat terrans today because they seem to mine faster (mules)
No Pain No Gain
Amazonic
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden239 Posts
April 01 2013 16:33 GMT
#314
I mean, it was crazy obvious but very funny :D
"Amazing how something so simple as a fat person and gravity can be so amusing. Classic!"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 01 2013 16:35 GMT
#315
On April 02 2013 01:30 KiF1rE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 01:28 s3rp wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.


How is that even remotely similar ? It's not like the workers now have different Hotkeys or do anything different ? It like playing with a strangly colored ball in football , basketball whatever. Thats shouldn't make any difference to a proffesional player.


imagine you trained to see a brown football, and its now suddenly green and blends in with grass... Its just a color right? but now its harder to see for no apparent reason... And not what the professional player trained to see. As a protoss myself every time i see a terran unit i focus it down out of reflex with no thought, because terran is not protoss...


I can't really think of a professional football player who would claim he missed the catch because they changed the color of the football. I mean, they could, but they would be mocked for that claim.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 16:39:38
April 01 2013 16:35 GMT
#316
On April 02 2013 01:30 KiF1rE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 01:28 s3rp wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.


How is that even remotely similar ? It's not like the workers now have different Hotkeys or do anything different ? It like playing with a strangly colored ball in football , basketball whatever. Thats shouldn't make any difference to a proffesional player.


imagine you trained to see a brown football, and its now suddenly green and blends in with grass... Its just a color right? but now its harder to see for no apparent reason... And not what the professional player trained to see. As a protoss myself every time i see a terran unit i focus it down out of reflex with no thought, because terran is not protoss...


If it was gras-green that be but similar to the workers looking like minerals or the color of the map which they aren't . They are still very easy to see , hell even easier because they're slightly bigger.
The unit is not even in the game FFS . If it was a unit that already is in thats one thing. If you can't treat the warhounds as workers for one day there's something wrong with you . This should never be a reason to go apeshit and lose games . If it is then there's an issue with you not the game.
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
April 01 2013 16:37 GMT
#317
I can understand the complaints. It is a bit annoying at first (I imagine much more so for zerg players), but you get used to it after a while. Once you enter the "Flow" of the game, they don't make any impact, at least not for me. Anyways, great joke by blizzard, though I wish I could use a real warhound for once .
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
April 01 2013 16:39 GMT
#318
just go and play on SEA should be reverted there by now ... so many whiny anti-humor guys around <.<
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 01 2013 16:39 GMT
#319
On April 02 2013 01:35 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 01:30 KiF1rE wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:28 s3rp wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:12 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:07 Plansix wrote:
On April 02 2013 00:02 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
it would have been a more enjoyable joke if you could just turn it off in the options and select the normal worker skin again.


Well, as a prank, the point is that you can't do anything about it. I know that is hard that you have to deal with it for a whole day, but there are worse things in the world than your video game being "weird" for one day.


I havent even played the game yet I just saw it on a stream. Its not so much about me but about people that play starcraft as a profession.
When i would be at work and you change the system language to korean and it was impossible to change it back then i wouldnt find it that funny either.
I dont agree that the point of a prank is that you cant do anything about it. You laugh about it, figure out how to fix it and move on. Thats how jokes usually work in my opinion.

Im not mad or pissed off, dont get me wrong. I dont care that much. I just think jokes are better if you dont force them on other people. Especially not people that have to earn money with it.


How is that even remotely similar ? It's not like the workers now have different Hotkeys or do anything different ? It like playing with a strangly colored ball in football , basketball whatever. Thats shouldn't make any difference to a proffesional player.


imagine you trained to see a brown football, and its now suddenly green and blends in with grass... Its just a color right? but now its harder to see for no apparent reason... And not what the professional player trained to see. As a protoss myself every time i see a terran unit i focus it down out of reflex with no thought, because terran is not protoss...


If it was gras-green that be but similar to the workers looking like minerals or the color of the map which they aren't . They are still very easy to see , hell even easier because they're slightly bigger.
The unit is not even in the game FFS . If it was a unit that already is in thats one thing. If you can't treat the warhounds as workers for one day there's something wrong with you . This should never be a reason to go apeshit and lose games . If it was then it more issues with you than anything else.


No!!! My new plan is to blame ALL my losses on the warhound-workers. Today, because they are there. Tomorrow, because Blizzard took them away just when I adapted. Then I will post a long blog about how SC2 is going to die because Blizzard won't let us use the warhound as workers and does not encourage creative play. I am deadly serious about my SC2.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 16:44:39
April 01 2013 16:43 GMT
#320
On April 02 2013 00:30 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2013 00:16 Nyarly wrote:
This prank caused the rematch between MMA and Super for ATC.
MMA had the first game won and he lost the rematch.

Really nice prank blizzard!

(for me, i don't care, i don't play the game)
How did the warhounds cause rematch?


French caster said :
The map was hosted on a different version of the one initially planned because the players (or the admins?) didn't want a map with the warhound skins.
The map that was chosen was a WoL version and caused the rematch.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever976
XaKoH 125
League of Legends
JimRising 620
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9464
ceh9226
Livibee75
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 18m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.