• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:45
CEST 07:45
KST 14:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7870 users

Aligulac.com changelog and feedback thread - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
DLSMIZEL
Profile Joined April 2020
Philippines16 Posts
March 18 2021 02:27 GMT
#661
Hey guys, I would like to know the process on how players' stats from Liquipedia get directed to Aligulac? If there's someone who can teach me how to do it, here's my Discord: DLSMIZEL#1213. Thank you!

This is the on going tournament btw, (Wiki)PSL/2
PSISTORM Gaming - Head of Design & Media | Twitter: @dlsmziel
pewy
Profile Joined July 2020
2 Posts
April 01 2021 07:59 GMT
#662
I see no matches on aligulac from this tournament (Wiki)Pink Drip Pylon/Seeding
pewy
Profile Joined July 2020
2 Posts
April 01 2021 08:02 GMT
#663
I don't see any matches from this tournament on aligulac (Wiki)Pink Drip Pylon/Seeding
chickenandbeer1234
Profile Joined April 2021
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-17 07:32:31
May 17 2021 07:26 GMT
#664
Can someone explain to me about this?

I just saw Maru's overall rating in every vs race suddenly dropped after vs Clem in team league

First of all, before he goes vs Rogue in GSL final, Maru's rating was 3071 vP, 3043 vT, 3213 vZ on LIST 292: May 5th

And now, Maru's overall rating dropped significantly by 3023 vP, 3023 vT, 3136 vZ on LIST 293: May 19th for some reason

The thing I cannot understand about this is that Maru only played two games between May 5th and May 17th which are vs Rogue in GSL and vs Clem in Team league.


Here are my 2 questions

1. Why Maru's rating vs protoss suddenly dropped when he didn't even play a single game vs protoss between May 5th and May 17th?

2. Clem had the highest rating even vT (3087) on May 5th according to aligulac, and even when Clem and Maru tied 1-1 Clem's rating in vT even went higher to 3113, and meanwhile Maru's vT rating when lower to 3023 from 3043. This looks very weird since a player rated with 3087 and another player rated with 3043 played each other and tied as 1-1, but 3087 -> 3113, 3043 -> 3023? I also compared with both Maru and Clem's every TvT match ups between May 5th and May 17th. And it looks like Maru only played one TvT, which is vs Clem yesterday between May 5th and today. But his TvT rate was dropped even when he tied vs higher rated TvT player.

And meanwhile, Clem's result in TvT between May 5th and May 19th seems much worse as 1-3 Cure, 2-3 Cure, 0-1 souL, 3-0 ByuN (ByuN only has 2800s rating in TvT according to aligulac), and several wins vs much lower rated foreigners. And despite all of this result, Clem vT rating actually went higher to 3113(May 19th) from 3087(May 5th). And Maru's vT rating fell from 3043 to 3023 after he tied 1-1 with 3100's rated vT player.

I love both Clem and Maru they are my favorite players, but I must point out about this rating system that is not understandable.

I felt strange about aligulac a lot even before today. But even though we know Aligulac is with the 'Automatic rating system', we should also not forget it can be manipulated by 'A person' or 'People' who want to overhype their top players by changing the ratings without noticing others. I believe this is possible.

GoloSC2
Profile Joined August 2014
713 Posts
May 17 2021 10:02 GMT
#665
On May 17 2021 16:26 chickenandbeer1234 wrote:
...


Following you post I looked a bit into the FAQ, and this stood out to me as to why Maru's TvP might've decreased even though he didn't play the matchup (emphasis mine):

Rating adjustments

The rating adjustments can seem a bit off. Why is that?

Common complaints include players gaining or losing points when they score exactly as expected, or gaining points when they underperform, and losing points when they overperform.

Several things can impact this. First of all, the expected scores are rounded to one decimal place, so you're not seeing the whole story. (An expected score of 1.0–0.0 could in reality be 0.96–0.04 for example.)

Also, you should keep in mind that the rating adjustments for each of the four categories (general rating, and each matchup rating) are not done independently of each other. The system will try to update each rating according to the certainty bias (mentioned earlier), but it's also restricted by the fact that the matchup ratings must have mean equal to the general rating.

The upshot of this is that if a player overperforms versus Terran (say 2–0 when 1–1 was expected), but significantly underperforms in the other matchups (say 0–10 in each when 5–5 was expected), the rating versus Terran may still decrease.


His match vs Rogue was predicted to be in his favor (3.1 to 1.9) and he ended up loosing 1-4, so this loss is probably the reason for the overall decline.
Now you could argue that this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, in which case I'd urge you to look through the FAQ and familiarize yourself with the methodology.
"Code S > IEM > Super Tournament > Homestory Cup > Blizzcon/WESG > GSL vs The World > Invitational tournaments in China with Koreans > WCS events" - Rodya
Gottingen
Profile Joined February 2018
United States27 Posts
May 17 2021 21:09 GMT
#666
Can we update the functionality "cumulative income for every player group by year" to year of 2021? Currently we only have it up to year of 2020, no 2021 info. Wish Aligulac.com a better future. Thank you.
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
June 09 2021 07:53 GMT
#667
My apologies if I missed it being documented somewhere, but is there a recommended query timeout when using the API? I am currently using 1 second between queries but I would like to go faster if possible and will certainly go slower if you would prefer a longer timeout between requests. Thanks
esports
nephest0x
Profile Joined June 2021
1 Post
June 10 2021 09:29 GMT
#668
Is there a way to revoke the API key? I managed to generate a new key, but I'd like to revoke the old, possibly leaked key. I assume that this is not a big deal, because aligulac serves the pages via plain http, but I'd like to follow the usual procedure for this case if possible.
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
June 10 2021 10:04 GMT
#669
On May 17 2021 16:26 chickenandbeer1234 wrote:
I felt strange about aligulac a lot even before today. But even though we know Aligulac is with the 'Automatic rating system', we should also not forget it can be manipulated by 'A person' or 'People' who want to overhype their top players by changing the ratings without noticing others. I believe this is possible.



Maru played vs rogue and lost badly, his overall rating dropped (-48)

He had no matches vs protoss, so his vP rating dropped the same as his overall rating (-48)

He played vs clem and did better, so he lost less rating vT (-20)


Also, see the FAQ:


Several things can impact this. First of all, the expected scores are rounded to one decimal place, so you're not seeing the whole story. (An expected score of 1.0–0.0 could in reality be 0.96–0.04 for example.)

Also, you should keep in mind that the rating adjustments for each of the four categories (general rating, and each matchup rating) are not done independently of each other. The system will try to update each rating according to the certainty bias (mentioned earlier), but it's also restricted by the fact that the matchup ratings must have mean equal to the general rating.

The upshot of this is that if a player overperforms versus Terran (say 2–0 when 1–1 was expected), but significantly underperforms in the other matchups (say 0–10 in each when 5–5 was expected), the rating versus Terran may still decrease.

maru G5L pls
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-10 12:29:41
June 10 2021 12:27 GMT
#670
My apologies if I missed it being documented somewhere, but is there a recommended query timeout when using the API?


There's no hard limit. I haven't seen any undue load on the server, so I assume whatever you're currently doing is fine. It also depends a bit on whether the query you're running is something expensive.

If possible, for high load API usage I recommend downloading the database dump whenever it is updated, loading it in a local database and then making queries there instead. The data is the same anyway. And you can probably do more exotic things.

Is there a way to revoke the API key?


Please e-mail me the trash key, I'll remove it.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
June 10 2021 17:16 GMT
#671
On May 17 2021 16:26 chickenandbeer1234 wrote:
Can someone explain to me about this?

I just saw Maru's overall rating in every vs race suddenly dropped after vs Clem in team league

First of all, before he goes vs Rogue in GSL final, Maru's rating was 3071 vP, 3043 vT, 3213 vZ on LIST 292: May 5th

And now, Maru's overall rating dropped significantly by 3023 vP, 3023 vT, 3136 vZ on LIST 293: May 19th for some reason

The thing I cannot understand about this is that Maru only played two games between May 5th and May 17th which are vs Rogue in GSL and vs Clem in Team league.


Here are my 2 questions

1. Why Maru's rating vs protoss suddenly dropped when he didn't even play a single game vs protoss between May 5th and May 17th?

2. Clem had the highest rating even vT (3087) on May 5th according to aligulac, and even when Clem and Maru tied 1-1 Clem's rating in vT even went higher to 3113, and meanwhile Maru's vT rating when lower to 3023 from 3043. This looks very weird since a player rated with 3087 and another player rated with 3043 played each other and tied as 1-1, but 3087 -> 3113, 3043 -> 3023? I also compared with both Maru and Clem's every TvT match ups between May 5th and May 17th. And it looks like Maru only played one TvT, which is vs Clem yesterday between May 5th and today. But his TvT rate was dropped even when he tied vs higher rated TvT player.

And meanwhile, Clem's result in TvT between May 5th and May 19th seems much worse as 1-3 Cure, 2-3 Cure, 0-1 souL, 3-0 ByuN (ByuN only has 2800s rating in TvT according to aligulac), and several wins vs much lower rated foreigners. And despite all of this result, Clem vT rating actually went higher to 3113(May 19th) from 3087(May 5th). And Maru's vT rating fell from 3043 to 3023 after he tied 1-1 with 3100's rated vT player.

I love both Clem and Maru they are my favorite players, but I must point out about this rating system that is not understandable.

I felt strange about aligulac a lot even before today. But even though we know Aligulac is with the 'Automatic rating system', we should also not forget it can be manipulated by 'A person' or 'People' who want to overhype their top players by changing the ratings without noticing others. I believe this is possible.


I like how this Person is completly delusional about how the Alligulac System works.
Look into how it actually works, it s all in the page in the FAQ, as pointed out before.
Ratings are allways also affected by the other matchups as well.
And as you pointed out, it s an automated Rating, so it isn t possible to manipulative the Rating alone, without putting Fake matches in
MaxPax
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
June 18 2021 02:01 GMT
#672
Hello, I have come across a number of matches which are listed with scores of 0-0 which I think are mistakes

http://aligulac.com/results/events/38419/ protosito vs illusionclock
(Wiki)Gamergy Season 2 illusionclock won 2-1


http://aligulac.com/results/events/50909/ myorg vs jauhis
(Wiki)Starcraft2.fi 5V. Cup jauhis won 2-0
esports
andertalets77
Profile Joined February 2019
144 Posts
July 30 2021 14:46 GMT
#673
Error aligulac. Never shows Bly Match history
uselless
Profile Joined April 2021
93 Posts
August 28 2021 02:27 GMT
#674
Maybe this is a bit unreasonable, but Aligulac hasn't been updated and we're two days into the new cycle. The last one was the 300th one, so maybe it's being discontinued? Either way, it's been the second best thing Starcraft II has had

My deepest respect and appreciation for everyone who has ever worked on or contributed to the project. I know I might be overreacting, but it's been almost too influential
maru :D
Kashim
Profile Joined December 2013
Poland1240 Posts
August 28 2021 10:30 GMT
#675
On August 28 2021 11:27 uselless wrote:
Maybe this is a bit unreasonable, but Aligulac hasn't been updated and we're two days into the new cycle. The last one was the 300th one, so maybe it's being discontinued? Either way, it's been the second best thing Starcraft II has had

My deepest respect and appreciation for everyone who has ever worked on or contributed to the project. I know I might be overreacting, but it's been almost too influential


don't worry
SC2 LP Staff, Aligulac Editor, Tournament Organiser and Admin @KashimSC2
uselless
Profile Joined April 2021
93 Posts
August 28 2021 20:44 GMT
#676
On August 28 2021 19:30 Kashim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2021 11:27 uselless wrote:
Maybe this is a bit unreasonable, but Aligulac hasn't been updated and we're two days into the new cycle. The last one was the 300th one, so maybe it's being discontinued? Either way, it's been the second best thing Starcraft II has had

My deepest respect and appreciation for everyone who has ever worked on or contributed to the project. I know I might be overreacting, but it's been almost too influential


don't worry


Glad to hear it :D
maru :D
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
December 17 2022 21:49 GMT
#677
Maybe its just my PC, but on the history page (http://aligulac.com/records/history/), both Maru and Reynor have managed to escape from the graph.
TL+ Member
drcassidyferrercount
Profile Joined December 2022
2 Posts
December 18 2022 06:09 GMT
#678
--- Nuked ---
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-10-10 22:31:50
October 10 2023 22:22 GMT
#679
Anyone know if there is a way to sort on multiple fields via the API? I essentially want to get matches but if I only sort by date, then I sometimes get different orders different times when I run it. I'd like to sort on date and id so it's consistent.

I've tried order_by=date,id, which gives an error and order_by=date&order_by=id but this doesn't actually give results which are ordered by id.

Let me know if there is some way to do this, thanks!

edit: ahh! after an hour debugging, I figured it out right after I finally posted to ask a question. I had a typo in my query with orderby instead of order_by so that's why it wasn't working as I expected.
esports
PremoBeats
Profile Joined March 2024
650 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-07-09 19:52:22
July 09 2024 19:51 GMT
#680
Hey guys, can some of you help me understand the Hall of Fame?
If I understand correctly, it measures the gap of rating points you have if you are in the top 7 to the the rating of the player who is ranked 7. So it doesn't include rank, it "only" measures the distance to rank 7 in rating points, correct?

And length is the sum of weeks where someone resides in the top 7?

Another thing I wanted to ask: What does "Start" on the HoF page mean? Because it isn't the list on which the given player reached rank 7 for the first time and I couldn't deduct a pattern from looking at various player's links in the start category.

Thanks a ton!
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech130
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 113
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 44
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2162
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1063
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 15m
Replay Cast
17h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.