• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:25
CEST 05:25
KST 12:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8063 users

Do you like the new HOTS music?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-12 00:16:38
March 12 2013 00:16 GMT
#1
Hi guys, i've just listened the whole soundtrack of Heart of the Swarm and i think it is pretty amazing.
In my opinion it's better than Wings of Liberty and especially some tracks are just perfect (for instance: the beginning of "Stronger" is so epic).

What do you think? Do you prefer HOTS music or WOL's music?

You can listen to the full soundtrack here:



And here there is the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTI8JYhYf2_XiZFBXmZZsNBlfz3uJ9yeZ
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
Trasko
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden983 Posts
March 12 2013 01:21 GMT
#2
It's CRAZY good. The first two tracks are soooo good. Ahhh
Jaedong <3
Proof.
Profile Joined August 2011
535 Posts
March 12 2013 01:25 GMT
#3
I'm so tempted to click and listen..but no..I will resist..must..wait.. to receive my copy first! I shall edit my post in time and reveal my (likely) awe at the awesomeness.
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how
Xain
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada94 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-12 01:35:23
March 12 2013 01:33 GMT
#4
Frankly I don't know... I like the style better than WoL's but the music itself sounds like undergrad level writhing for orchestra... It was better in WoL in my humble opinion.

Edit: the orchestral parts, that is. The rest is ok.
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
March 12 2013 01:41 GMT
#5
I got hints of Command and Conquer 3 from it.
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
March 12 2013 01:51 GMT
#6
This soundtrack should win a video game award of some sorts!
I'm Quotable (IQ)
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
March 12 2013 03:09 GMT
#7
The multiplayer has all these new music. It's cracy. They are like cinematic music.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
March 12 2013 23:16 GMT
#8
On March 12 2013 12:09 larse wrote:
The multiplayer has all these new music. It's cracy. They are like cinematic music.

Yeah, there isn't a specific multiplayer music, it's just a mix of all these soundtracks. But i think it's ok since they are so well done
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
LuisFrost
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico130 Posts
March 12 2013 23:26 GMT
#9
I've been listening to "Conscience" all day. I love the way they remade the campaign music from WoL.

And I heard a tune from Brood War in a mission, it made me very happy. Yes I like the new music.
Magpie842
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom28 Posts
March 12 2013 23:27 GMT
#10
I wish that there were some way to revert to WOL music. It's not that I don't like the new stuff; it's fine. I just miss the relaxing twang of the terran music.
Walnuts
Profile Joined March 2012
United States770 Posts
March 12 2013 23:28 GMT
#11
00:30 gave me some Milkman Conspiracy vibes.
Gandalf on balance: "It's always darkest before the dawn"
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
March 12 2013 23:28 GMT
#12
I really like WoL music. The only problem was that I had to let it idle at the main screen for like 20 minutes before all the good songs would stary playing.

HOTS doesn't disappoint on the music front.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
March 12 2013 23:57 GMT
#13
On March 13 2013 08:27 Magpie842 wrote:
I wish that there were some way to revert to WOL music. It's not that I don't like the new stuff; it's fine. I just miss the relaxing twang of the terran music.

I haven't played the multy yet but i think they have left the old music from WOL espeically for terran since they have only a few new songs
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
kyllinghest
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway1607 Posts
March 13 2013 00:07 GMT
#14
On March 13 2013 08:57 stichtom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2013 08:27 Magpie842 wrote:
I wish that there were some way to revert to WOL music. It's not that I don't like the new stuff; it's fine. I just miss the relaxing twang of the terran music.

I haven't played the multy yet but i think they have left the old music from WOL espeically for terran since they have only a few new songs

I didn't really try to hear how many new songs there were, but I think there was quite a few new terran songs. Cool ones aswell!
"NO" -Has
ZeroCartin
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2390 Posts
March 13 2013 00:16 GMT
#15
This reminds me of Starcraft broowdar, the inclusion of the electric guitar with a much more obvious presence is really nice :D
"My sister is on vacation in Costa Rica right now. I hope she stays a while because she's a miserable cunt." -pubbanana
Megapenthes
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom202 Posts
March 13 2013 13:35 GMT
#16
On March 13 2013 08:28 Walnuts wrote:
00:30 gave me some Milkman Conspiracy vibes.

such a good game!

Can't wait to listen to the soundtrack myself now
Polt, Jangbi, Hyun
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
March 13 2013 13:36 GMT
#17
I've really enjoyed the music in HotS. I enjoyed it even more than the WoL soundtrack. Well done blizzard!
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 13 2013 13:41 GMT
#18
I have a feeling that a few of the Terran campaign tracks from WoL made their way into multiplayer in HotS as well as some HotS campaign tracks, although perhaps a bit altered. I'm hearing some familiar melodies when I'm playing ladder.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 13 2013 13:52 GMT
#19
Haven't had the chance to play the game yet but what i've heard of it during the launch party games was really really good.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
March 13 2013 14:16 GMT
#20
Ya its very good.
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
March 13 2013 14:21 GMT
#21
zomg The music in this game is friggin amazing!

The fact that everything in the campaign lined up with the music too was sick
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
NKB
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom608 Posts
March 13 2013 14:31 GMT
#22
Just brought the game today, need to wait to finish work first before I can play it, may as well listen to the new soundtrack to get myself pumped :D
It is amazing :D
Some times you just gotta wish...
Swordland
Profile Joined March 2013
232 Posts
March 13 2013 15:05 GMT
#23
Havent heard all but so far....yes the Terran music is very nice, its from WOL terran campaign when you finish a mission....so good.
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-13 16:12:33
March 13 2013 16:03 GMT
#24
They are so awesome and they are in the multiplayer as well. They are like cinematic music from the campaign. Watching GSL will become so much more intense in the future because of all the upbeat musics. Nice job.


But I also noticed a bug as well. In WOL, if you are in ob mode or in a replay, the background music will correlate with the race in the game. If it's protoss vs zerg, then there will be protoss and zerg music. If it's protoss vs protoss, then there will be only protoss music. Etc.

However, in HOTS, there will only be wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks. There is no wol's protoss and zerg music even the game is pvp or zvz. It's always wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks.

There is correct protoss and zerg music if you play the game. And If you watch some old WoL replay from the HOTS's client, the music is correct. Protoss and zerg music will be correctly played.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-13 16:31:50
March 13 2013 16:06 GMT
#25
On March 14 2013 01:03 larse wrote:
They are so awesome. They are like cinematic music from the campaign. Watching GSL will become so much more intense in the future because of all the upbeat musics. Nice job.


But I also noticed a bug as well. In WOL, if you are in ob mode or in a replay, the background music will correlate with the race in the game. If it's protoss vs zerg, then there will be protoss and zerg music. If it's protoss vs protoss, then there will be only protoss music. Etc.

However, in HOTS, there will only be wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks. There is no wol's protoss and zerg music even the game is pvp or zvz. It's always wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks.

There is correct protoss and zerg music if you play the game. And If you watch some old WoL replay from the HOTS's client, the music is correct. Protoss and zerg music will be correctly played.


Good catch. I recommend you post that in the Blizzard bug forums if it is reproducible.

I like the new music, but I am not sure how Starcraft-y the tracks are (at least during multiplayer). Nevertheless, I am glad they added more. It would be awesome if we could somehow unlock BW music and skip tracks and whatnot. >_<

Wish we could have the old multiplayer music back. Also, some of the songs have bits that sound like Protoss (echoey stuff) and bits that sound like Terran (guitar), that's kind of annoying. (i.e. Phantoms of the Void)
T P Z sagi
jackdr
Profile Joined June 2012
Philippines85 Posts
March 13 2013 16:10 GMT
#26
from what i've heard while playing in a mini-launching party, yes i like it

sounds very metal, which i like
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-13 16:13:33
March 13 2013 16:13 GMT
#27
On March 14 2013 01:06 purakushi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 01:03 larse wrote:
They are so awesome. They are like cinematic music from the campaign. Watching GSL will become so much more intense in the future because of all the upbeat musics. Nice job.


But I also noticed a bug as well. In WOL, if you are in ob mode or in a replay, the background music will correlate with the race in the game. If it's protoss vs zerg, then there will be protoss and zerg music. If it's protoss vs protoss, then there will be only protoss music. Etc.

However, in HOTS, there will only be wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks. There is no wol's protoss and zerg music even the game is pvp or zvz. It's always wol's Terran music plus some new soundtracks.

There is correct protoss and zerg music if you play the game. And If you watch some old WoL replay from the HOTS's client, the music is correct. Protoss and zerg music will be correctly played.


Good catch. I recommend you post that in the Blizzard bug forums if it is reproducible.

I like the new music, but I am not sure how Starcraft-y the tracks are (at least during multiplayer). Nevertheless, I am glad they added more. It would be awesome if we could somehow unlock BW music and skip tracks and whatnot. >_<


I already post twice during beta and after launch. Still no answer yet. I guess they will just ignore this tiny bug. We will probably never hear protoss and zerg music when watching a match.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
March 13 2013 16:18 GMT
#28
I bumped a thread on it. Maybe we should bump it in a week or so if no response.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8087929229?page=1#2
T P Z sagi
NubainMuscle
Profile Joined June 2005
South Africa423 Posts
March 13 2013 16:20 GMT
#29
I miss the old multiplayer music, but I'm sure I'll get used to this.
http://sc.gosugamers.net/bilder/members/9801.jpg
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
March 13 2013 16:37 GMT
#30
On March 14 2013 01:18 purakushi wrote:
I bumped a thread on it. Maybe we should bump it in a week or so if no response.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8087929229?page=1#2


This is my thread. It has more details. You can bump this too.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
March 13 2013 17:00 GMT
#31
Didn't get the boxed collectors edition, does anyone know where I can buy the soundtrack? Want a bit higher quality than Youtube x)
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 13 2013 17:01 GMT
#32
Love the sinister feel of it all, definitely an improvement over WOL music.
dragoon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States695 Posts
March 13 2013 17:08 GMT
#33
really great. blizz games always have great music^^
i love you
Butterednuts
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
March 13 2013 17:09 GMT
#34
Just listened to the entire soundtrack while at work and I thought most of it was really damn good. There were times where it was rather bland or recycled, but I still enjoyed it overall.
Chameleons Cast No Shadows
ki11z0ne
Profile Joined January 2011
United States427 Posts
March 13 2013 17:10 GMT
#35
its good I listen to it a little right before I passed out ( was up for 25+hours) I fell like their is 2 or 3 songs in one track cant tell when its a new song other then that all sounded similar... still liked it thought it was cool just to listen to the sound track with no video lets you hear all the sounds
SC > halo
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
March 13 2013 17:12 GMT
#36
holy shiiiit, gooood, i forgot to have music on when i played the campaign........... noooooo way
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
March 13 2013 18:26 GMT
#37
Update 1 of the multiplayer music bug:

HOTS multiplayer music include WoL race-specific music and HOTS new music

If you play a multiplayer game, protoss and zerg only have WoL race-specific music, and Terran has the WoL race-specific music and the HOTS new music

If you play a replay or are in a spectator mode, regardless of the races in the game, you will only hear Terran WoL race-specific music and the HOTS new music.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 13 2013 18:30 GMT
#38
Does that posted soundtrack contain the MP music or just SP? I've been looking for the songs I hear while playing terran, no luck so far.
Tenshix
Profile Joined January 2013
United States169 Posts
March 13 2013 18:32 GMT
#39
I've been keeping the music on in-game since HotS came out. I really like it; some of the songs remind me of BW.
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
March 13 2013 20:49 GMT
#40
Nice but nothing beats Deus Ex: HR soundtrack.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
March 13 2013 22:28 GMT
#41
On March 14 2013 03:30 Bagi wrote:
Does that posted soundtrack contain the MP music or just SP? I've been looking for the songs I hear while playing terran, no luck so far.

The soundtracks i posted are used both in single and multy
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 13 2013 23:01 GMT
#42
Can Blizzard please write some music for Protoss that doesn't sound like a discordant trainwreck from 2001: A Space Odyssey? The SC/BW Protoss music is so much better than the SC2 Protoss music that it hurts.
Nevermind86
Profile Joined August 2009
Somalia429 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 01:58:25
March 14 2013 01:46 GMT
#43
As a person that is really really into music I have to say that music in a videogame means so much to me. To be honest I think WoL music was quite a dissapointment but oh my god HoTs music kicks ass, I don't have the game so can somebody explain if this soundtrack is in the multiplayer in it's entirety? and is it mixed with WoL music just like in BW that both songs
played in the background randomly?

This is the best videogame music since Perfect Dark, Deux Ex and MGS. 9/10, it doesn't get better than this, even beats the crap out of good old BW.
Interviewer: Many people hate you and would like to see you dead. How does that make you feel? Trevor Goodchild: Those people should get to know me a little better. Then they'd know I don't indulge in feelings.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
March 14 2013 05:22 GMT
#44
Found out that the opening cinematic music will play for zerg multiplayer. Hell yeah! My music volume is upped to the max!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 192
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1459
Bale 49
Dewaltoss 37
NaDa 32
Noble 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Counter-Strike
taco 362
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox703
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP163
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta17
• Letter146
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra907
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 35m
OSC
18h 35m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.