• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9118 users

2.0.4 FAQ: Unranked, Bonus Pool, Leave League - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
March 22 2013 15:25 GMT
#101
Two important things to note about new system:

1. Leave league is a way to possibily force a promotion or demotion during ladder locks.

2. Bonus pool going down for loses might mean its easier for a boosted player to stay in gm even if they can't win games at all.
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
March 22 2013 15:26 GMT
#102
On March 23 2013 00:15 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 23:40 Kambing wrote:
On March 22 2013 22:53 Skidmeyer wrote:
I play ranked at a plat level and in unranked i get paired against Diamond and Masters Players even after losing numerous games to them.


Those diamond/masters ranked players may have been playing unranked. The border displayed on the loading screen is their ranked 1v1 league. The only way to tell if they are playing unranked is to go into their match history after the fact and check to see if they received a point delta for the game.

And as an aside, it looks like match history only reports point deltas for won games, so if they lost a game, you can't tell if it was a loss via a ranked or unranked game.


As long as they have bonus pool remaining that is (so someone with bonus pool 12 who was going to lose 12 points would have that game listed as "Loss", whereas someone with no bonus pool who was going to lose 12 points would have it listed as "Loss (-12)"). The rest is completely accurate.


Ah yes. Good call!
GaNgStaRR.ElV
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada535 Posts
March 22 2013 15:28 GMT
#103
I dont mind playing unranked in ranked because frankly it makes almost no difference. Even before unranked you'd get guys doing random shit/f-10 n'ing after 2 seconds.

Just play your game and stop making excuses about why you can't climb the ladder.
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
March 22 2013 15:29 GMT
#104
On March 23 2013 00:19 Zelniq wrote:
how many bonus pool points must be acquired to drop out of GM now? is it the same as before, meaning half the time it takes to get booted, or was it raised proportionally?

also reading that unranked and ranked can match together kind of blew my mind


Nothing's been confirmed yet by Blizzard. We likely won't know until the first GMs of the season start rolling over.

On March 23 2013 00:25 vaderseven wrote:
2. Bonus pool going down for loses might mean its easier for a boosted player to stay in gm even if they can't win games at all.


It should actually be trivial for a boosted person to stay in GM. They just need to play the requisite number of games to keep their bonus pool low.

Because you spend bonus pool when you lose, I wouldn't be surprised if the GM point threshold is the same under the pretense that you also dump your bonus pool via losses as well.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
March 22 2013 15:32 GMT
#105
Thanks for your work and anyone else who worked with you(if you did). I was quite curious on some of the new features and this cleared up most of my ignorance.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 22 2013 15:39 GMT
#106
On March 23 2013 00:19 Zelniq wrote:
how many bonus pool points must be acquired to drop out of GM now? is it the same as before, meaning half the time it takes to get booted, or was it raised proportionally?

also reading that unranked and ranked can match together kind of blew my mind


My guess is it's 360 now but we haven't heard anything. I think we'll just have to find out as the season goes on.
Moderator
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
March 26 2013 15:26 GMT
#107
Is there proof on the ranked and unranked MMR being tied to each other until your first game in the opposite game type? For example, I have been facing Masters players consistently in unranked, but I just played 2 of my ranked placements and they were both against Bronze players - one who was currently unranked but had a past history of Bronze, and one who was currently a Bronze player this season.

Am I misunderstanding what you've stated in this portion of your thread, or do we have conflicting experiences?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 26 2013 15:47 GMT
#108
On March 27 2013 00:26 yokohama wrote:
Is there proof on the ranked and unranked MMR being tied to each other until your first game in the opposite game type? For example, I have been facing Masters players consistently in unranked, but I just played 2 of my ranked placements and they were both against Bronze players - one who was currently unranked but had a past history of Bronze, and one who was currently a Bronze player this season.

Am I misunderstanding what you've stated in this portion of your thread, or do we have conflicting experiences?


The "proof" was stuff like this:


http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5967616755#8

However, I use "proof" in quotations because I don't believe there have been any Blizzard posts on the matter since Heart of the Swarm launched. I know that was the plan and they didn't expect to change it, but they also said they'd keep an eye on it (as they always do).
Moderator
KumihO.
Profile Joined December 2012
United States55 Posts
March 26 2013 15:56 GMT
#109
On March 27 2013 00:47 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2013 00:26 yokohama wrote:
Is there proof on the ranked and unranked MMR being tied to each other until your first game in the opposite game type? For example, I have been facing Masters players consistently in unranked, but I just played 2 of my ranked placements and they were both against Bronze players - one who was currently unranked but had a past history of Bronze, and one who was currently a Bronze player this season.

Am I misunderstanding what you've stated in this portion of your thread, or do we have conflicting experiences?


The "proof" was stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffLwJuj8ZbI#t=238s

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5967616755#8

However, I use "proof" in quotations because I don't believe there have been any Blizzard posts on the matter since Heart of the Swarm launched. I know that was the plan and they didn't expect to change it, but they also said they'd keep an eye on it (as they always do).

I know what that says, but im a High master player and I'm facing gold and plat in unranked. Thats the kind of stuff I dont understand
mythandier
Profile Joined January 2011
United States828 Posts
April 02 2013 21:03 GMT
#110
On March 01 2013 17:58 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Favored System

In the pre-game screen, the "Favored" indicator has disappeared.

Q: How do I know how many points the match is worth for me now that the indicator's gone?
A: Now you can't. Instead, you can only see the opponent's portrait border signifying 1v1 league, but of course that doesn't necessarily tell you about his current MMR. That Gold-bordered opponent could be on his way up to your Platinum division, or maybe he's on a losing streak and hasn't been demoted to Bronze yet. On the plus side, now that bug with the pre-game and score screen Favored indicators not matching up is finally fixed! Note that the way points are determined is still unchanged: your current adjusted points compared to the opponent's MMR, and his adjusted points compared to your MMR. Also, because Unranked players can be matched against Ranked players, he may have a Platinum Unranked MMR but a Master-bordered portrait.

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread so forgive me if it has...

You can still see "Favored/Unfavored" after a match by hovering your mouse cursor over the +/- points in the top right of the score screen...after a second or so a tooltip will pop up and let you know if you were favored/unfavored...etc.

Cheers.
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 13:54:31
April 13 2013 13:54 GMT
#111
Hi, Excalibur_Z, I once again read this thread. I think something is wrong, or Blizzard changed something.

I am a high level master on EU (1350 points, ~ top 400) and I wanted to have fun today playing offrace in lower league. So I started to leave unranked games. I left 18 games right now, and I noticed something : ALL MY OPPONENTS WERE PLAYING UNRANKED TOO! did they change something in the player pool ? Ranked vs Ranked only and Unranked vs Unranked only ?

The first 2-3 unranked games I played I had gold opponents, so it doesn't seem to get my Ranked MMR to find Unranked game, I only play against unranked opponents, no matter what their leagues are.

Did Blizzard changed how it works ?

Can someone confirms ?

I will try to keep leaving game to see if my MMR changes, but I doubt it now.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
April 13 2013 13:57 GMT
#112
Does anyone ahve the final word on "Leave League" button? Lolled at the part which said "shiny scary button" hehe I aint gonna press it...i think
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 14:10:18
April 13 2013 14:05 GMT
#113
Well, I left 25 games, I still meet unranked players only and my MMR can't go down...Blizzard definitely changed something.


@ SoniC_eu : it should be called "Leave Division" because your MMR stays the same. I tried it. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I had to do 5 placements matches after "leaving league", I kept meeting opponents of my skill level.

There's a bug currently with the achievement/XP server, could it affects unranked MMR maybe ?
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
April 13 2013 14:26 GMT
#114
On April 13 2013 22:57 SoniC_eu wrote:
Does anyone ahve the final word on "Leave League" button? Lolled at the part which said "shiny scary button" hehe I aint gonna press it...i think




I've done it twice to see how it worked. Both times it made play 5 placement matches. It feels like you get your mmr reset and tested again, because I played like 2 masters sliver, and 2 plats.
DusTerr
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
2520 Posts
April 13 2013 15:13 GMT
#115
On April 13 2013 23:26 HeeroFX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 22:57 SoniC_eu wrote:
Does anyone ahve the final word on "Leave League" button? Lolled at the part which said "shiny scary button" hehe I aint gonna press it...i think




I've done it twice to see how it worked. Both times it made play 5 placement matches. It feels like you get your mmr reset and tested again, because I played like 2 masters sliver, and 2 plats.

In my experience the amount of placement matches you had to play is equal to the number you had to play at the start of the current season.

On an account that only had 1 placement match at start (last season of wol) I had to replay 1 placement match to get a new division.

On an account that had 5 placement matches I had to play all 5 placement matches after leaving.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
April 13 2013 15:34 GMT
#116
On April 13 2013 22:54 Shade_FR wrote:
Hi, Excalibur_Z, I once again read this thread. I think something is wrong, or Blizzard changed something.

I am a high level master on EU (1350 points, ~ top 400) and I wanted to have fun today playing offrace in lower league. So I started to leave unranked games. I left 18 games right now, and I noticed something : ALL MY OPPONENTS WERE PLAYING UNRANKED TOO! did they change something in the player pool ? Ranked vs Ranked only and Unranked vs Unranked only ?

The first 2-3 unranked games I played I had gold opponents, so it doesn't seem to get my Ranked MMR to find Unranked game, I only play against unranked opponents, no matter what their leagues are.

Did Blizzard changed how it works ?

Can someone confirms ?

I will try to keep leaving game to see if my MMR changes, but I doubt it now.


It's very difficult to say. I don't have a contact anymore and until I get one, I won't have any official answers. Blizzard's also not volunteering this information on their blogs.
Moderator
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
April 13 2013 16:44 GMT
#117
On April 14 2013 00:34 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 22:54 Shade_FR wrote:
Hi, Excalibur_Z, I once again read this thread. I think something is wrong, or Blizzard changed something.

I am a high level master on EU (1350 points, ~ top 400) and I wanted to have fun today playing offrace in lower league. So I started to leave unranked games. I left 18 games right now, and I noticed something : ALL MY OPPONENTS WERE PLAYING UNRANKED TOO! did they change something in the player pool ? Ranked vs Ranked only and Unranked vs Unranked only ?

The first 2-3 unranked games I played I had gold opponents, so it doesn't seem to get my Ranked MMR to find Unranked game, I only play against unranked opponents, no matter what their leagues are.

Did Blizzard changed how it works ?

Can someone confirms ?

I will try to keep leaving game to see if my MMR changes, but I doubt it now.


It's very difficult to say. I don't have a contact anymore and until I get one, I won't have any official answers. Blizzard's also not volunteering this information on their blogs.

Oh ok, thanks for the quick-reply anyway. I guess we'll have to do more reverse-engineering to figure it out.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
April 14 2013 13:05 GMT
#118
Okay, I kept losing Unranked ladder games and I now noticed something :

- When I play Unranked and my opponents are playing a Ranked Game (they won points for the game I left), they have a low MMR (arround silver currently)
- When I play Unranked and my opponents are playing an Unranked Game too (they didn't win points for the game I left), they have my ranked MMR ! (High Master / GM)

This trend is confirmed and I think the ladder is seriously bugged and not working as intended right now. I MP-ed some Blizz community managers about this, I was very confused and confusing because of this, but now there is a confirmed trend. I hope they will fix this.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
sick_transit
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States195 Posts
April 23 2013 05:15 GMT
#119
Does MMR from Wings have any impact on HotS MMR? Seems like it doesn't but just curious. I started HotS playing a lot of unranked and matched with all leagues from Bronze to Masters.
War is a drug.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2115
Snow 110
NaDa 38
Bale 30
Noble 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 517
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1459
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
ArmadaUGS176
C9.Mang0165
Maynarde139
Sick102
ViBE76
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki145
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush989
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 20m
OSC
8h 20m
Stellar Fest
8h 20m
OSC
19h 20m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.