• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:04
CEST 12:04
KST 19:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11378 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 45 Next All
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
July 09 2013 06:45 GMT
#521
On July 09 2013 15:28 graNite wrote:
Thats too bad because the huge zoomout was one of the best things...
Are you still working on the look of the UI? The right selection box looks boring to me, it is just a black rectangle

What would you suggest?

It's required to be a solid color or consist out of a non-transparent image because there is no frame that is displayed when no unit is selected. The panel is in fact always visible behind the unit infos. It's solid black, so you can't look through it and see the second panel behind it.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 09 2013 07:06 GMT
#522
Maybe something like this. (I made it in 5 Minutes with my awesome PS skills :D )
[image loading]
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
July 09 2013 08:40 GMT
#523
Do keep in mind guys: Gameheart is a map with the UI completely redone, hence why it can do things like zoom and whatnot.

The interface which has been posted by Ahli still uses the standard Blizzard UI with some graphical changes, thus you can't do things like zooming/drawing and those extra things that normal Gameheart maps can do.

Think of it like this:

Gameheart map = Completely redesigning your own house, removing walls, making new rooms, putting in a new bathroom, etc etc.
Gameheart interface = Painting the outside of your house blue, instead of the pink it previously was.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 09 2013 14:07 GMT
#524
So I played a TvZ but the icons on the bottom say PvP
[image loading]
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
July 09 2013 14:37 GMT
#525
On July 09 2013 23:07 graNite wrote:
So I played a TvZ but the icons on the bottom say PvP
[image loading]


Thanks for the report. I fixed it.

Updated to Gameheart_UI_1vs1_v.1.2.SC2Interface
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-09 15:22:41
July 09 2013 15:22 GMT
#526
Not fixed^^
another tvz:
[image loading]
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
synd
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria586 Posts
July 09 2013 15:29 GMT
#527
On July 09 2013 23:07 graNite wrote:
So I played a TvZ but the icons on the bottom say PvP
[image loading]

Holy fuck! This is probably the most perfect UI I have ever seen in SC2.
Only a workers killed icon is missing and we'll have the best UI possible.
(oh and prod tab on but that's just turned off for the screenshot I guess )

Keep it up GameHeart guys!
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
July 09 2013 15:31 GMT
#528
On July 10 2013 00:22 graNite wrote:
Not fixed^^
another tvz:
[image loading]


Ok, the Protoss and the Terran image file were swapped. Updated gameheart_UI_1vs1_v.1.3.SC2Interface
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 09 2013 16:15 GMT
#529
On July 10 2013 00:29 synd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2013 23:07 graNite wrote:
So I played a TvZ but the icons on the bottom say PvP
[image loading]

Holy fuck! This is probably the most perfect UI I have ever seen in SC2.
Only a workers killed icon is missing and we'll have the best UI possible.
(oh and prod tab on but that's just turned off for the screenshot I guess )

Keep it up GameHeart guys!


I think the workers killed info is better to be only shown when needed, not always.
I would like to see a custom production tab as well, there are many things you could change (like showing chronoboost in the tab, removing the numbers from the upgrades, shortening the distance between each icon etc.)
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Rhaegal
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States678 Posts
July 09 2013 16:17 GMT
#530
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?
http://www.twitch.tv/agonysc
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 09 2013 16:35 GMT
#531
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 09 2013 16:38 GMT
#532
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant

I am with this guy, control groups are just useless clutter when it comes to watching a professional match. I know there is a very limited section of the community that just loves having all the information, but most of the time they just take up space. Space that could be filled with more screen.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
nucLeaRTV
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania822 Posts
July 09 2013 17:18 GMT
#533
Maybe it's just me, but instead of making it overloaded in the footer, why shouldn we not keep the minerals/supply in top left (perhaps workers, too) ?
"Having your own haters means you are famous"
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
July 09 2013 17:22 GMT
#534
I translated the small amount of strings in the interface to Chinese, it works without them but still I think it would be nice to include the language, since China will get HotS next week, where should I send it to so you can include it?
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Rhaegal
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States678 Posts
July 09 2013 17:32 GMT
#535
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant


A couple weeks ago during dreamhack, while watching a Terran game, he was doing some mid game aggression vs a protoss. I was like "cool, is he taking his 3rd behind this or dropping extra rax"

looked at production tab, wasn't there because observer decided to hide the UI. Then I was, "meh, whatever."

Then during the harrass I asked myself, "I wonder how many control groups he has, this harrass is insane. Does he control group each medivac, or control them separately." Looked at control groups, silly me not there. I watch SC2 to learn, not to get hyped up by casters yelling about god know's what.
http://www.twitch.tv/agonysc
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 09 2013 17:36 GMT
#536
On July 10 2013 02:32 Rhaegal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant


A couple weeks ago during dreamhack, while watching a Terran game, he was doing some mid game aggression vs a protoss. I was like "cool, is he taking his 3rd behind this or dropping extra rax"

looked at production tab, wasn't there because observer decided to hide the UI. Then I was, "meh, whatever."

Then during the harrass I asked myself, "I wonder how many control groups he has, this harrass is insane. Does he control group each medivac, or control them separately." Looked at control groups, silly me not there. I watch SC2 to learn, not to get hyped up by casters yelling about god know's what.

I guess you are out of luck then, because most people do not care. As i said, there is a small section of people who want to have all the info on the screen, but the majority are to busy talking with friends and enjoying the game to worry about that. Personally, I'm drinking a beer when its on my TV.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Rhaegal
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States678 Posts
July 09 2013 17:50 GMT
#537
On July 10 2013 02:36 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:32 Rhaegal wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant


A couple weeks ago during dreamhack, while watching a Terran game, he was doing some mid game aggression vs a protoss. I was like "cool, is he taking his 3rd behind this or dropping extra rax"

looked at production tab, wasn't there because observer decided to hide the UI. Then I was, "meh, whatever."

Then during the harrass I asked myself, "I wonder how many control groups he has, this harrass is insane. Does he control group each medivac, or control them separately." Looked at control groups, silly me not there. I watch SC2 to learn, not to get hyped up by casters yelling about god know's what.

I guess you are out of luck then, because most people do not care. As i said, there is a small section of people who want to have all the info on the screen, but the majority are to busy talking with friends and enjoying the game to worry about that. Personally, I'm drinking a beer when its on my TV.



That would be fine if more tourneys actually released replays. As is, it's just shafting it to people that actually want to get better at the game.
http://www.twitch.tv/agonysc
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
July 09 2013 17:52 GMT
#538
On July 10 2013 02:22 digmouse wrote:
I translated the small amount of strings in the interface to Chinese, it works without them but still I think it would be nice to include the language, since China will get HotS next week, where should I send it to so you can include it?

Just PM me the content of the file that you receive when you export the locale under Mod->Locale->Export Locales.
Thanks for the translation.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
July 09 2013 17:57 GMT
#539
On July 10 2013 02:50 Rhaegal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:36 Plansix wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:32 Rhaegal wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant


A couple weeks ago during dreamhack, while watching a Terran game, he was doing some mid game aggression vs a protoss. I was like "cool, is he taking his 3rd behind this or dropping extra rax"

looked at production tab, wasn't there because observer decided to hide the UI. Then I was, "meh, whatever."

Then during the harrass I asked myself, "I wonder how many control groups he has, this harrass is insane. Does he control group each medivac, or control them separately." Looked at control groups, silly me not there. I watch SC2 to learn, not to get hyped up by casters yelling about god know's what.

I guess you are out of luck then, because most people do not care. As i said, there is a small section of people who want to have all the info on the screen, but the majority are to busy talking with friends and enjoying the game to worry about that. Personally, I'm drinking a beer when its on my TV.



That would be fine if more tourneys actually released replays. As is, it's just shafting it to people that actually want to get better at the game.

I'm currently working on control groups. It's easy to display them and add a toggle for it. But actually I try to add them in the perfect way which would make them appear between the observer/replay tools and the center bottom player panels.

With a toggle, you would just be able to show/hide the control groups with a hotkey just like you can show/hide the observer/replay tools right now.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 09 2013 18:03 GMT
#540
On July 10 2013 02:50 Rhaegal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:36 Plansix wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:32 Rhaegal wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:35 graNite wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:17 Rhaegal wrote:
I really don't understand the point of removing control groups. Why take information off the screen?


For you as a viewer, why is it important to see the players' control groups?
I only would like to see the pros control groups to learn from them, but for only wacthing a game, I dont think they are relevant


A couple weeks ago during dreamhack, while watching a Terran game, he was doing some mid game aggression vs a protoss. I was like "cool, is he taking his 3rd behind this or dropping extra rax"

looked at production tab, wasn't there because observer decided to hide the UI. Then I was, "meh, whatever."

Then during the harrass I asked myself, "I wonder how many control groups he has, this harrass is insane. Does he control group each medivac, or control them separately." Looked at control groups, silly me not there. I watch SC2 to learn, not to get hyped up by casters yelling about god know's what.

I guess you are out of luck then, because most people do not care. As i said, there is a small section of people who want to have all the info on the screen, but the majority are to busy talking with friends and enjoying the game to worry about that. Personally, I'm drinking a beer when its on my TV.



That would be fine if more tourneys actually released replays. As is, it's just shafting it to people that actually want to get better at the game.

GSL, MLG did until Kespa started coming over and the rest have sort of dropped off. Sadly, the players want to keep that level of detailed information to themselves. Its the nature of the beast, but there are other replays out there of top teir players.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7474
Hyuk 554
Horang2 538
BeSt 464
Stork 167
sorry 99
Pusan 95
Shinee 81
Killer 80
Hyun 65
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Mind 56
Bonyth 50
Snow 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
PianO 22
Sacsri 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe76
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli9
x6flipin9
Other Games
gofns29392
singsing2147
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Lourlo1282
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 56m
Replay Cast
12h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.