• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:19
CEST 23:19
KST 06:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13808 users

IGN to "simplify, focus"; wants to sell IPL - Page 21

Forum Index > SC2 General
477 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
February 24 2013 19:31 GMT
#401
On February 25 2013 04:28 Gingerninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2013 21:09 Conti wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:23 kollin wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:22 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
here you go...

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ign-for-sale-news-corp-partners-with-bank-to-aid-in-sale-of-videogame-website.452710959/

no one wanted IGN guys.
and then all the resignations just before and just after it was sold...
this was ugly.

That isn't relevant at all.


i was questioned as having no facts.
so here they are.

Bananas are yellow!

There. That was a fact. I have it. Therefore I am right.


I call bullshit sir, some bananas are green.

IPL will fall, if there is money to be made another tournament will take its place.
That's how business works.

It's the question what is cheaper, and what will get you money quicker: Creating a new tournament from scratch, or buying an existing one.

I honestly have no idea, and I dare say most of us lack the expertise to answer that question.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
February 24 2013 21:34 GMT
#402
On February 25 2013 04:31 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 04:28 Gingerninja wrote:
On February 24 2013 21:09 Conti wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:23 kollin wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:22 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
here you go...

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ign-for-sale-news-corp-partners-with-bank-to-aid-in-sale-of-videogame-website.452710959/

no one wanted IGN guys.
and then all the resignations just before and just after it was sold...
this was ugly.

That isn't relevant at all.


i was questioned as having no facts.
so here they are.

Bananas are yellow!

There. That was a fact. I have it. Therefore I am right.


I call bullshit sir, some bananas are green.

IPL will fall, if there is money to be made another tournament will take its place.
That's how business works.

It's the question what is cheaper, and what will get you money quicker: Creating a new tournament from scratch, or buying an existing one.

I honestly have no idea, and I dare say most of us lack the expertise to answer that question.


Buying an existing business is faster than building one from scratch, as long as the existing infrastructure is what you'll use.

The "cheapness" is entirely dependent on the agreed upon price, and if you plan to cut costs and services once you own it.

Honestly, if anyone is planning to create a tournament, they would be foolish to pass up on the IPL franchise. They have the staff, the broadcast equipment, expertise, etc. The question is if there's anyone that wants to start an E-Sport tournament.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
marcelluspye
Profile Joined August 2011
United States155 Posts
February 25 2013 13:17 GMT
#403
Hope Kevin and the rest of the IPL staff find somewhere good for them
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
February 25 2013 14:08 GMT
#404
Considering the boom in esports viewership from LoL, I'm amazed IPL is struggling. Tournaments need to be really flexible at this fledgling stage of esports development- the community can't even agree on what we all want to watch!
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Gemini_sc2
Profile Joined February 2013
Norway69 Posts
February 25 2013 14:09 GMT
#405
I think i read an article about how this has been an issue earlier.
I really love IPL for what they have done for E-sports, their production quality and their rebroadcasts. I love having the opportunity to watch their stream at any time, both live and rebroadcasts, which is easy to take for granted.

I really hope they will be able to keep doing what they do! Wish them the Best of luck!
Prolet
Profile Joined July 2012
United States37 Posts
February 25 2013 18:09 GMT
#406
It's not clear to me whether esports has been making more money and growing or declining. Or just changing. Not sure how to measure that. IPL is a great tournament.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 21:47:53
February 25 2013 21:47 GMT
#407
Hard Hitting eSports Journalism brought to you by Red Slasher Breslau



Good Questions man!

IPL is scheduled for 4 live events this year!
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
February 25 2013 21:59 GMT
#408
I don't see any questions.
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 22:51:53
February 25 2013 22:51 GMT
#409
Waittttt, what will happen to BorderLands 1 multiplayer if GameSpy is shutting down o.o I'm assuming Steam will be taking over for multiplayer servers?

Man, this is way more important than I thought.

With IPL6 still en route, hopefully Mr.Ting can work things out to keep atleast IPL afloat.
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
FLeK0
Profile Joined April 2010
86 Posts
February 25 2013 23:16 GMT
#410
On February 26 2013 07:51 Master of DalK wrote:
Waittttt, what will happen to BorderLands 1 multiplayer if GameSpy is shutting down o.o I'm assuming Steam will be taking over for multiplayer servers?

Man, this is way more important than I thought.

The GameSpy website is a different company from the GameSpy that runs the online game services, the latter is owned by GLU and not going away.
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1226912p1.html
Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
February 26 2013 04:57 GMT
#411
If IGN sells you can't exactly call it *IGN* Pro League. Guess there will be a name change.
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
February 26 2013 05:43 GMT
#412
On February 25 2013 06:34 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 04:31 Conti wrote:
On February 25 2013 04:28 Gingerninja wrote:
On February 24 2013 21:09 Conti wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:23 kollin wrote:
On February 24 2013 18:22 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
here you go...

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ign-for-sale-news-corp-partners-with-bank-to-aid-in-sale-of-videogame-website.452710959/

no one wanted IGN guys.
and then all the resignations just before and just after it was sold...
this was ugly.

That isn't relevant at all.


i was questioned as having no facts.
so here they are.

Bananas are yellow!

There. That was a fact. I have it. Therefore I am right.


I call bullshit sir, some bananas are green.

IPL will fall, if there is money to be made another tournament will take its place.
That's how business works.

It's the question what is cheaper, and what will get you money quicker: Creating a new tournament from scratch, or buying an existing one.

I honestly have no idea, and I dare say most of us lack the expertise to answer that question.


Buying an existing business is faster than building one from scratch, as long as the existing infrastructure is what you'll use.

The "cheapness" is entirely dependent on the agreed upon price, and if you plan to cut costs and services once you own it.

Honestly, if anyone is planning to create a tournament, they would be foolish to pass up on the IPL franchise. They have the staff, the broadcast equipment, expertise, etc. The question is if there's anyone that wants to start an E-Sport tournament.


I want to own it, I just personally don't have that kind of money. :/
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
OptronX
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States84 Posts
February 26 2013 14:40 GMT
#413
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.
http://thehonestlifeblog.wordpress.com
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 26 2013 15:01 GMT
#414
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 15:35:14
February 26 2013 15:25 GMT
#415
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Rowrin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
February 26 2013 15:50 GMT
#416
On February 27 2013 00:25 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.


Which explains why IPL was planning 4 events this year as opposed to just 2 last year?
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 16:04:26
February 26 2013 15:53 GMT
#417
On February 27 2013 00:50 Rowrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 00:25 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.


Which explains why IPL was planning 4 events this year as opposed to just 2 last year?


that plan was announced in december 2012 when they were still owned by IGN.com and Newscorp.
in that same interview by GameSpot David Ting stated he could make 'no promises' if IGN.com is sold to someone else.
pretty responsible move by David Ting to keep things real.

also, many of David Ting's future plans for IPL revolved around console titles due to their presence on IGN.com.
with IGN.com selling IPL....
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
February 26 2013 16:23 GMT
#418
On February 27 2013 00:53 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 00:50 Rowrin wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:25 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.


Which explains why IPL was planning 4 events this year as opposed to just 2 last year?


that plan was announced in december 2012 when they were still owned by IGN.com and Newscorp.
in that same interview by GameSpot David Ting stated he could make 'no promises' if IGN.com is sold to someone else.
pretty responsible move by David Ting to keep things real.

also, many of David Ting's future plans for IPL revolved around console titles due to their presence on IGN.com.
with IGN.com selling IPL....

You seem to emphasise that IPL is not making money quite a lot. The thing is that's not really relevant. I can't say for sure, but MrBitter definitely said he thought NASL lost money last year yet they are continuing events. I'm pretty sure MLG only breaks even, yet they are continuing events. You have to remember that all of these tournaments are investments, and if the organisation investing in the tournament needs money desparately, they'll sell the investment to someone else. On top of that, your stupid assumption that MLG or NASL or Dreamhack or any other tournament would not know that IPL is going to fold is nonsensical. These are some of the biggest people in esports, they will information such as 'Has IPL been sold?'
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 16:42:43
February 26 2013 16:34 GMT
#419
On February 27 2013 01:23 kollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 00:53 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:50 Rowrin wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:25 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.


Which explains why IPL was planning 4 events this year as opposed to just 2 last year?


that plan was announced in december 2012 when they were still owned by IGN.com and Newscorp.
in that same interview by GameSpot David Ting stated he could make 'no promises' if IGN.com is sold to someone else.
pretty responsible move by David Ting to keep things real.

also, many of David Ting's future plans for IPL revolved around console titles due to their presence on IGN.com.
with IGN.com selling IPL....

You seem to emphasise that IPL is not making money quite a lot. The thing is that's not really relevant. I can't say for sure, but MrBitter definitely said he thought NASL lost money last year yet they are continuing events. I'm pretty sure MLG only breaks even, yet they are continuing events. You have to remember that all of these tournaments are investments, and if the organisation investing in the tournament needs money desparately, they'll sell the investment to someone else. On top of that, your stupid assumption that MLG or NASL or Dreamhack or any other tournament would not know that IPL is going to fold is nonsensical. These are some of the biggest people in esports, they will information such as 'Has IPL been sold?'


money is always relevant.

the more money an organization loses the higher the probability it will fold.
that is how it is relevant.

NASL and IPL have nothing to do with each other. NASL is not highly integrated with a giant video game review web site.
That said, how is that next NASL season coming along?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
February 26 2013 16:38 GMT
#420
On February 27 2013 01:34 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 01:23 kollin wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:53 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:50 Rowrin wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:25 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 27 2013 00:01 Doodsmack wrote:
On February 26 2013 23:40 OptronX wrote:
I really hope this doesn't mean IPL is "ending" as some people are saying. I've been watching IPL for awhile now and I really enjoy having viewing parties with my friends and enjoying the matches together. Let's all hope that these "interested parties" will acquire it successfully and not change too much about it other than the helping them be more financially stable.


IPL employees are saying they're fine, while two randoms in this thread are saying they're not (relying solely on assumptions about the decline of sc2 in general rather than any insider information). I know who I believe.


WRONG.

SC2 is just fine and has formed a nice little revenue stream for ATVI.

IPL is a money losing operation. Ziff Davis, and Newscorp want nothing to do with IPL.

The employees at THQ said everything was just fine. When employees tell me everything is just fine I take it with a grain of salt.

If IPL were making money this would be a non-issue. They could just hand the keys to David Ting and call it a day.
However, IPL is losing money and needs a sugar daddy.

As the employees of IPL begin looking for other jobs it is within their best interests to tell prospective employers that IPL is just great with a long and amazing future ahead of it. This creates competition for their services as an employee. Telling prospective employers that IPL is about to fold weakens their bargaining position.


Which explains why IPL was planning 4 events this year as opposed to just 2 last year?


that plan was announced in december 2012 when they were still owned by IGN.com and Newscorp.
in that same interview by GameSpot David Ting stated he could make 'no promises' if IGN.com is sold to someone else.
pretty responsible move by David Ting to keep things real.

also, many of David Ting's future plans for IPL revolved around console titles due to their presence on IGN.com.
with IGN.com selling IPL....

You seem to emphasise that IPL is not making money quite a lot. The thing is that's not really relevant. I can't say for sure, but MrBitter definitely said he thought NASL lost money last year yet they are continuing events. I'm pretty sure MLG only breaks even, yet they are continuing events. You have to remember that all of these tournaments are investments, and if the organisation investing in the tournament needs money desparately, they'll sell the investment to someone else. On top of that, your stupid assumption that MLG or NASL or Dreamhack or any other tournament would not know that IPL is going to fold is nonsensical. These are some of the biggest people in esports, they will information such as 'Has IPL been sold?'


money is always relevant.

the more money an organization loses the higher the probability it will fold.
that is how it is relevant.

NASL and IPL have nothing to do with each other.
That said, how is that next NASL season coming along?

They're waiting until HotS release. In the meantime, they're producing filler content in the form of The Pulse. It seems you didn't read my post, as I said most tournaments aren't profiting as it is an investment.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16680
Calm 1960
Shuttle 337
White-Ra 271
Mini 186
ZZZero.O 163
firebathero 70
soO 12
Sacsri 5
League of Legends
Doublelift1260
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4969
Other Games
summit1g8798
FrodaN2220
Liquid`RaSZi2088
fl0m1239
crisheroes257
Pyrionflax207
ToD207
IndyStarCraft 183
Livibee183
C9.Mang0147
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick985
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft 2
angryscii 29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 30
• Hupsaiya 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1434
• Shiphtur602
• WagamamaTV319
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 41m
Replay Cast
1h 41m
OSC
14h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.