• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8679 users

#Vengeance Trailer and Showmatch on Twitch.tv - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 34 Next All
Dundron2000
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden1140 Posts
February 26 2013 21:14 GMT
#541
On February 27 2013 06:10 Maesy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:09 Noocta wrote:
Damn you people...

The blizzard guys are talking too much, we want the trailer !
The trailer is bad, I'm disapointed !
The stream is bad !
The players aren't interessing !
The game is scripted !

Can you just let off ? ><


I loved everything and even love this game even if it is scripted (which it seems to be). It's not necessarily an insult. It's a showmatch and they want to show off HotS after their big Vengeance debut. Nothing surprising.


why would it be staged? maybe they just played several games and picked the most interesting game. that would probably be quicker than replaying a game enough times to make it "believable" enough. and how do they decide who gets to win? and why would players, whos marketability depends on skill and entertaining playstyles compromise to play worse?
n.Die_Jaedong
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
February 26 2013 21:14 GMT
#542
On February 27 2013 06:13 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Thank you John for saying it, even if the more butthurt of them will just imagine you"re lying or whatnot.
I swear, people sometimes...


Coming to these threads so often actually decreases my mood :/
Live report threads on GSL and co. are just as often filled with negativity and whine, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be better off avoiding them.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
February 26 2013 21:15 GMT
#543
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.

I liked the game, even though the zerg did stay on a very low drone count and didn't bother to micro his hydras out of the storms, which made it more one-sided in the end than it could have been.

I think the old battle reports have made people become really nitpicky when it comes to showmatches.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
February 26 2013 21:15 GMT
#544
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.


Well, that doesn't really work lol
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
February 26 2013 21:15 GMT
#545
On February 27 2013 06:08 nomyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:06 Noocta wrote:
On February 27 2013 06:05 Qikz wrote:
Every game I see with zerg against storm they never bother dodging them.

:/


Even with the quikest Hydra, they don't bother spliting and running out of them like terran do with Bio.
I don't understand either


They'll have to adapt to it with the fragile hydralisks. I'd imagine most zergs are just used to taking storms in the face because of 145 HP roaches

Hydralisks with speed upgrade still move ~25% slower than Marines/Marauders with Stim. I think Marines and Marauders both have ridiculous animation cancel too, meaning the actual frames needed to perform an attack are a lot lower than any other unit.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
February 26 2013 21:15 GMT
#546
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.

I don't think the game was scripted, i just think it was a horrendous choice....one of the least entertaining hots games i've seen...soooo many better ones out there, I'm simply disappointed at the choice of this one (no early game harassment which grubby normally does, no swarm hosts, no oracle harass...so many entertaining things missing that I normally see grubby doing I just don't get why they chose this replay)
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 21:16:14
February 26 2013 21:15 GMT
#547
On February 27 2013 06:14 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:13 nomyx wrote:
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Have you considered that it was just one person offering his own opinion on the matter? No need to get worked up over it, not like we're taking out our pitch forks here.


I guess if you don't read the whole thread then it's easy to think such things.


I have in fact read the whole thread, and I did enjoy the game. But jumping to negativity at every comment isn't the best way to approach this community. Not the mention it only hurts a persons psyche.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
February 26 2013 21:17 GMT
#548
On February 27 2013 06:14 Maesy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Not saying you guys sat around in a circle and even the cast was scripted and you went through notes and practiced and shit TB. It was just really out of the norm to see how that was played out punch for punch and grubby even forward expanding to one of those middle bases as Protoss on Daybreak (I can't remember the last time I saw that shit).

I enjoyed it regardless personally.


This is going to sound silly, but he had the side 4 bases, where else can he expand but forward?

Also I really hope they get rid of Daybreak, it's not "a classic", it's awful to play and watch.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
zex66
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada651 Posts
February 26 2013 21:17 GMT
#549
On February 27 2013 06:15 Prplppleatr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.

I don't think the game was scripted, i just think it was a horrendous choice....one of the least entertaining hots games i've seen...soooo many better ones out there, I'm simply disappointed at the choice of this one (no early game harassment which grubby normally does, no swarm hosts, no oracle harass...so many entertaining things missing that I normally see grubby doing I just don't get why they chose this replay)


Yeah watching his live stream the past couple days I would've loved to see one of his games vs Idra. Now those were hype.
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 26 2013 21:17 GMT
#550
On February 27 2013 06:15 virpi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.

I liked the game, even though the zerg did stay on a very low drone count and didn't bother to micro his hydras out of the storms, which made it more one-sided in the end than it could have been.

I think the old battle reports have made people become really nitpicky when it comes to showmatches.


The old battle reports were more of an advertisement really. I personally can't wait until we have the launch event and see what kind of cool stuff comes out + Show Spoiler +
especially bisu.
ApBuLLet
Profile Joined September 2010
United States604 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 21:20:25
February 26 2013 21:17 GMT
#551
I thought everything was pretty awesome, other than the delayed start. People don't seem to realize that this is a preview. The game isn't even out yet. They are going to have a 24 hour launch event, is that what you expected today? We got to hear a good amount about the story in HotS and we also got to see a pretty cool and entertaining showmatch which showcased some interesting additions in HotS. What the hell else do you want?!?! You got what you were told you were going to get. Maybe your expectations were just too high because the community blows literally everything out of proportion.

On February 27 2013 06:15 Prplppleatr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.

I don't think the game was scripted, i just think it was a horrendous choice....one of the least entertaining hots games i've seen...soooo many better ones out there, I'm simply disappointed at the choice of this one (no early game harassment which grubby normally does, no swarm hosts, no oracle harass...so many entertaining things missing that I normally see grubby doing I just don't get why they chose this replay)


You would've been really pissed if Grubby went for some early harassment and straight up killed crazymoving though wouldn't you. Not like we've never seen that before.
Vertitto
Profile Joined January 2012
Poland750 Posts
February 26 2013 21:19 GMT
#552
On February 27 2013 06:13 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:12 Megiddosc wrote:
Zerg has no anti-caster spells like Protoss and Terran have. With fungal now a projectile, there's no reason for HTs not to feedback a lot more infestors. So infestors will be near useless once the templar archives is down. That's going to be an issue in ZvP with the already dismal amount of zerg anti-air, particularly anti-protoss-air.


Infestors are still really good, you saw just then he got some crazy good fungals against the templar.

You mean it's bad that infestor is a support unit not super-only-unit-to-build type? Oo
FISH MAKE BLUB BLUB
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
February 26 2013 21:19 GMT
#553
So for those put off by the quality, I'm told there was a last-minute issue with the stream which caused issues with the playback quality of the match. This is what it was supposed to look like vs what it actually was

http://i.imgur.com/COsOScc.jpg

I'm uploading the full quality version of the match right now to my SC2 channel for those who wish to watch it in 1080p.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Maesy
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1444 Posts
February 26 2013 21:19 GMT
#554
Not really sure where the words scripted/staged came from anyways so sorry for even using it in my posts. I guess what I'm trying to say is both players were obviously there to put on a show, hence showmatch and they obviously went out of their way to make an epic game because nobody wants to see a rush or mid game timing push for a showmatch like this.

It would be boring and pointless otherwise.
Official Nathanias Fanclub Manager! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401880
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 21:20:37
February 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#555
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Okay, um, I agree with your general point, the negativity in these threads is senseless, but wtf? Why would anyone ever not take their customers seriously?
Maesy
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1444 Posts
February 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#556
On February 27 2013 06:17 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:14 Maesy wrote:
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Not saying you guys sat around in a circle and even the cast was scripted and you went through notes and practiced and shit TB. It was just really out of the norm to see how that was played out punch for punch and grubby even forward expanding to one of those middle bases as Protoss on Daybreak (I can't remember the last time I saw that shit).

I enjoyed it regardless personally.


This is going to sound silly, but he had the side 4 bases, where else can he expand but forward?

Also I really hope they get rid of Daybreak, it's not "a classic", it's awful to play and watch.


That's not exactly what I meant xD. More so the game always ends before that.
Official Nathanias Fanclub Manager! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401880
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
February 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#557
On February 27 2013 06:14 Maesy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Not saying you guys sat around in a circle and even the cast was scripted and you went through notes and practiced and shit TB. It was just really out of the norm to see how that was played out punch for punch and grubby even forward expanding to one of those middle bases as Protoss on Daybreak (I can't remember the last time I saw that shit).

I enjoyed it regardless personally.

Watch his stream bro. He's an experimental player, he'll do stuff like that all the time.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
February 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#558
one thing to consider is Blizz may have asked them to play X amount of games and then picked the best one for the showmatch. it's how i would do it tbh.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Megiddosc
Profile Joined April 2011
United States966 Posts
February 26 2013 21:21 GMT
#559
On February 27 2013 06:19 Vertitto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:13 Qikz wrote:
On February 27 2013 06:12 Megiddosc wrote:
Zerg has no anti-caster spells like Protoss and Terran have. With fungal now a projectile, there's no reason for HTs not to feedback a lot more infestors. So infestors will be near useless once the templar archives is down. That's going to be an issue in ZvP with the already dismal amount of zerg anti-air, particularly anti-protoss-air.


Infestors are still really good, you saw just then he got some crazy good fungals against the templar.

You mean it's bad that infestor is a support unit not super-only-unit-to-build type? Oo

I mean it's bad that zerg anti air (hydras) is hard countered by templar and that the templar also hard counter infestors via feedback. Do you not recognize just how weak zerg anti air is? Corrupters just melt to VRs. Hydras melt to storms.
Maesy
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1444 Posts
February 26 2013 21:21 GMT
#560
On February 27 2013 06:20 LittLeD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 06:14 Maesy wrote:
On February 27 2013 06:11 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Loooooooooooooooooool at armchair analysts that thought that game was scripted.

And you wonder why those working within the scene don't take the community seriously.


Not saying you guys sat around in a circle and even the cast was scripted and you went through notes and practiced and shit TB. It was just really out of the norm to see how that was played out punch for punch and grubby even forward expanding to one of those middle bases as Protoss on Daybreak (I can't remember the last time I saw that shit).

I enjoyed it regardless personally.

Watch his stream bro. He's an experimental player, he'll do stuff like that all the time.


Oh I know. I think Grubby is solely responsible for Time Warp being taken off of the Oracle :D
Official Nathanias Fanclub Manager! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401880
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 58m
OSC
8h 58m
Stellar Fest
8h 58m
OSC
19h 58m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.