• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10022 users

[Interview] GSL Blizzard Cup Grand Finals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 13:50:06
December 22 2012 13:25 GMT
#1
(Z)ST_Life

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

What are your thoughts on taking the Blizzard Cup championship?

I felt strange when I was losing 0:2. Those games weren't mine to lose, and I became mentally shaky after I made odd engagements and lost. But afterwards, I was able to regain my mental composure and focus on the match in order to win. I do feel good about taking the championship, but I feel slightly bad about beating a teammate to do it. But still, I'm happy.

How did you feel when you lost two times in a row at the beginning?

In the first set, I couldn't focus and lost my Infestors, which cost me the game. In the second set, I also fought from a strange location and lost. But afterwards, as I said, I focused on the match, and I feel great that I was able to make a comeback victory.

You blocked two out of three of PartinG's Immortal pushes. What was your key?

I played on ladder during the morning; it is difficult to fight against Immortals, but I managed to block them using Infestors.

Around when did you feel that the victory was yours?

I felt that I had won when I blocked the attack coming from my opponent during the sixth set.

What do you think of the Heart of the Swarm Invitational?

I think that Zerg looked strong because DongRaeGu is an incredibly good player. I feel that the balance is about right, and I also think that there are some things to be changed for the future.

You took down your senior teammate. Did anything interesting happen as you were preparing for the match? How did you practice?

I played mind games with PartinG-hyung by saying on Twitter that it was impossible for me to beat him. I barely practiced, and what practice I did do was mainly through ladder. I understand that PartinG-hyung prepared the same way.

With your Blizzard Cup victory, you were given a 2012 GSL Tour Player of the Year Award.

Wings of Liberty is almost at an end, so I'm incredibly glad that I was picked as the Player of the Year for 2012. It's a glory to have as a pro gamer.

What results do you want to achieve in 2013? Do you have any tournaments or awards that you want to take in particular?

Next year, Heart of the Swarm is coming out, and I want to win a lot of tournaments and become recognized as a Zerg player, like Mvp [is as a Terran player].

How are you planning to use your prize money?

All of the prize money gets deposited in my parents' bank account, and my parents give it to me bit by bit for me to spend. I think I'll be making use of it in the future, after I amass a good amount.

Please tell us anything more that you have to say.

I'm very glad that I was able to win the final tournament of the year, and I will work hard to show good form in the future. I'm thankful to my manager, coaches, and teammates for always giving me help, and I'm also grateful to my family. I want to send my thanks to my team's sponsors, Red Bull, Zowie Gear, and Joy Gear.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
December 22 2012 13:28 GMT
#2
Happy for Startale
Sad for Parting

bah...bitter sweet
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 13:30:09
December 22 2012 13:30 GMT
#3
Happy for Life =) sad for Parting ;; bitter sweet indeed.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 22 2012 13:30 GMT
#4
haha nice snipe considering seeker is banned ;p
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 22 2012 13:32 GMT
#5
On December 22 2012 22:30 opterown wrote:
haha nice snipe considering seeker is banned ;p

poor Susie
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
December 22 2012 13:36 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translation wozzot!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 22 2012 13:41 GMT
#7
Life wants to be the next Mvp huh? Alright, make it happen kid. We'll be watching.

Finally things are starting to get interesting again.
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
December 22 2012 13:42 GMT
#8
gogogogo life! woo =) very happy for him and a well deserved win!
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
December 22 2012 13:48 GMT
#9
Dat sex coma.
iLevitate
Profile Joined April 2012
United States225 Posts
December 22 2012 14:25 GMT
#10
and Life Goes On.
You lose, You learn
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
December 22 2012 14:30 GMT
#11
Has seeker seriously been banned? Haha. Sorry for the ignorance.

Anyway, extremely happy that Life won. Hope he wins even more championships.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
whirlpool
Profile Joined June 2011
2788 Posts
December 22 2012 14:31 GMT
#12
ahh life so young and cute
sc2guy
Profile Joined November 2010
291 Posts
December 22 2012 17:17 GMT
#13
On December 22 2012 22:30 opterown wrote:
haha nice snipe considering seeker is banned ;p


Was curious so checked out banlist. Really insensitive.

Congrats to Life. These time, the wings went to Life...

✿◕‿◕✿ Taeng
EliteSK
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)251 Posts
December 22 2012 17:25 GMT
#14
grats to the young one.
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
December 22 2012 17:56 GMT
#15
Life too strong on winter break, he has full time to practice T.T
Btw, there should be a runner up interview too!
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 22 2012 18:05 GMT
#16
On December 22 2012 22:30 opterown wrote:
haha nice snipe considering seeker is banned ;p

lol made me check the abl to see what that was all about xD

Life always finds a way.
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
December 22 2012 18:14 GMT
#17
So the secret to beating the feared immortal all in is infestors... interesting o_o
6BiT
Profile Joined December 2011
513 Posts
December 22 2012 22:18 GMT
#18
On December 22 2012 22:30 opterown wrote:
haha nice snipe considering seeker is banned ;p


Wonder what was smoked that day to put up that poll -.-
stuff & things
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
December 22 2012 23:00 GMT
#19
what seeker is banned? why? o.O
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 22 2012 23:36 GMT
#20
Congratulations to Life!!! It is bittersweet to win with a team kill. I'm a little down that it's not a Parting interview. I would have wanted one more to get me through to the New Year. His interviews are so awesome.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV370
Rex77
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech129
Rex 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31298
Hyuk 1063
Soma 1057
Jaedong 693
actioN 617
Larva 418
Horang2 400
Soulkey 350
BeSt 295
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 213
910 213
Stork 211
Light 188
Snow 183
Last 162
ggaemo 97
Pusan 91
ZerO 86
Rush 75
Killer 53
Mind 48
Yoon 47
Mong 40
Creator 40
hero 38
Shinee 32
Bale 28
Sharp 22
sorry 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
Free 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7508
Dendi345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1535
markeloff89
kRYSTAL_51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2777
Khaldor956
Other Games
gofns32665
singsing1599
B2W.Neo327
XBOCT295
Pyrionflax262
DeMusliM227
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1322
Other Games
• WagamamaTV166
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 10m
The PondCast
22h 10m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.