• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8361 users

Woongjin Stars in danger? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
September 28 2012 17:11 GMT
#41
On September 29 2012 02:02 smileface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 01:53 Zenbrez wrote:
On September 29 2012 01:52 smileface wrote:
fate is playing into eSF and GOM's hands, it seems...

KESPA power is eroding quickly and eSF is playing hardball.

Lack of sponsors has nothing to do with esf/gom.

Unless I'm not understanding what you meant. Likely.


What I meant was while eSF is showing teeth at the moment, KESPA gets hit by another big blow. While it has nothing to do with eSF, noone will deny that this will strengthen their position.

If the "opposition" gets weaker, you automatically become stronger.


Well, is not like ESF doesn't have problems. Really, only IM ST and FXO is doing considerably well. OGS and Zenex already gone, NSH is remaining float but it's anyone's guess for how long; Prime is getting by being an online fashion store with players as models; MVP with the weird partnership with MYM that none quite seem to know what to make of; TSL has been looking for sponsors for forever...
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
mjuuy
Profile Joined May 2012
Norway506 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:12:36
September 28 2012 17:11 GMT
#42
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


Yeah hope Kingston goes bankrupt so they can stop sponsoring EG, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....

On September 29 2012 02:11 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 02:02 smileface wrote:
On September 29 2012 01:53 Zenbrez wrote:
On September 29 2012 01:52 smileface wrote:
fate is playing into eSF and GOM's hands, it seems...

KESPA power is eroding quickly and eSF is playing hardball.

Lack of sponsors has nothing to do with esf/gom.

Unless I'm not understanding what you meant. Likely.


What I meant was while eSF is showing teeth at the moment, KESPA gets hit by another big blow. While it has nothing to do with eSF, noone will deny that this will strengthen their position.

If the "opposition" gets weaker, you automatically become stronger.


Well, is not like ESF doesn't have problems. Really, only IM ST and FXO is doing considerably well. OGS and Zenex already gone, NSH is remaining float but it's anyone's guess for how long; Prime is getting by being an online fashion store with players as models; MVP with the weird partnership with MYM that none quite seem to know what to make of; TSL has been looking for sponsors for forever...


From what I've heard is that TSL got the most money of the ESF teams..
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬. 우정호 1988 - 2012
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
September 28 2012 17:12 GMT
#43
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.

Yes how do those bastards actually dare to make esports big
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
September 28 2012 17:13 GMT
#44
This is horrible news for esports. i hope this doesn't come true....
You have the power to create your own destiny.
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
September 28 2012 17:13 GMT
#45
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


Yes it is, you have to be very sad person if you wish bad things to others.
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
September 28 2012 17:14 GMT
#46
I'll cry if this happens
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
Majynx
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1431 Posts
September 28 2012 17:15 GMT
#47
I hope this is not true, however, I hope they can find a new sponsor if they lose their current one.

If Woongjin Stars is to disband, what will happen to their current roster of players? Will those players still be locked out of joining an eSports Federation team?
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
September 28 2012 17:15 GMT
#48
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


You're here enjoying pro SC2 because of kespa btw. No kespa, no pro bw -> no pro sc2. Well and of course the TL website wouldn't be nearly what it is without pro bw.
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
September 28 2012 17:16 GMT
#49
i blame EG curse
as1
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
September 28 2012 17:16 GMT
#50
Stars and ace soon to be gone I guess this is truly the end......
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
September 28 2012 17:17 GMT
#51
Mvp start inviting them :s
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
September 28 2012 17:17 GMT
#52
That's really sux...
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
September 28 2012 17:18 GMT
#53
On September 29 2012 01:46 Lemonayd wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought KeSPA owned the teams, but each team had their sponsors which in this case would be where they got their name?

Sponsors own the teams and KeSPa is run by the sponsors.

On September 29 2012 01:48 skyflyfish wrote:
you want more team? invite ESF,

ESF teams don't have sponsors like kespa teams. Because of that they can't just be added to kespa.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
September 28 2012 17:18 GMT
#54
One thing I find weird is that (Z)ZerO just a couple weeks ago signed a new contract with Stars. That's pretty terrible communication between the company and the team if they went and gave Zero a new contract for a team on the verge of disbandment. I hope whichever team drafts Zero honors the terms of his new contract.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:19:31
September 28 2012 17:18 GMT
#55
On September 29 2012 02:18 T.O.P. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 01:46 Lemonayd wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought KeSPA owned the teams, but each team had their sponsors which in this case would be where they got their name?

Sponsors own the teams and KeSPa is run by the sponsors.

Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 01:48 skyflyfish wrote:
you want more team? invite ESF,

ESF teams don't have sponsors like kespa teams. Because of that they can't just be added to kespa.


Except for LG (IM). It's the only ESF team that fits the criteria to join the KeSPA board of members.\
However I'd imagine a large amount of autonomy is given to the manager so I don't think we'll be seeing them in KeSPA any time soon.
Commentator
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
September 28 2012 17:19 GMT
#56
On September 29 2012 02:15 Majynx wrote:
I hope this is not true, however, I hope they can find a new sponsor if they lose their current one.

If Woongjin Stars is to disband, what will happen to their current roster of players? Will those players still be locked out of joining an eSports Federation team?


Unlikely, doubt that any eSF team can give them what they would get under a kespa team
Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
September 28 2012 17:19 GMT
#57
.. someone do something? =(
Waffles > Pancakes
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:27:45
September 28 2012 17:21 GMT
#58
well considering that korea has like what? 8 + pro teams including esf teams, vs america that has like 2 or 3 big ones, and europe has like 2 or 3 big ones. It definately looks like korea has way to many starcraft 2 teams.

Its only a matter of time the scene normalizes itself and what can survive in it will survive. There is way to much teams in 1 place for all of them to survive.

Expecting Slayers/TSL/NHSH and eventually prime to also go under very soon unless prime can hold onto their sponsors for years to come.

I hope Startale/IM/MVP/FXO continue to be successful teams, they should merge with proleague to make up for the lost teams from the kespa side.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
KoBlades
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria248 Posts
September 28 2012 17:22 GMT
#59
I'd personally really like a huge PL with all the teams from ESF participating as well. It could work like soccer leagues work in Europe, or I guess, in general sports leagues. PL last an entire year (one season) and after everyone has played everyone once or even twice, the top four teams play playoffs to determine the winner.
"What do you know about fear?" -"Everything."
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18760 Posts
September 28 2012 17:23 GMT
#60
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


if you like esports dieing, then feel free to be happy
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM594
TaKeTV 271
IndyStarCraft 121
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2120
RotterdaM 594
ByuN 296
MaxPax 156
IndyStarCraft 121
BRAT_OK 76
UpATreeSC 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3622
Shuttle 832
Stork 449
Mini 401
EffOrt 310
Horang2 205
Rush 199
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 125
Mong 78
[ Show more ]
910 78
Zeus 72
hero 63
Snow 55
Shinee 47
HiyA 38
JYJ 32
Bale 29
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 18
Terrorterran 13
Sexy 12
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5677
qojqva2919
Counter-Strike
fl0m5456
Fnx 692
pashabiceps400
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby662
Other Games
singsing2252
Beastyqt588
ceh9576
Hui .214
XaKoH 131
Trikslyr75
QueenE62
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur286
• WagamamaTV85
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 58m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 58m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.