• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10700 users

Woongjin Stars in danger? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:25:20
September 28 2012 17:25 GMT
#61


I hope this does not happen. Such a talented roster with such promising players. Not to mention Woongjin is a FANTASTIC team. I really hope this doesn't happen....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
September 28 2012 17:27 GMT
#62
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.

Hey I think it's fucking awesome too. I mean, I cheer for Monster and Kingston and HyperX and Raidcall to bite the dust every single day
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
September 28 2012 17:28 GMT
#63
On September 29 2012 02:21 johnny123 wrote:
well considering that korea has like what? 8 + pro teams including esf teams, vs america that has like 2 or 3 big ones, and europe has like 2 or 3 big ones. It definately looks like korea has way to many starcraft 2 teams.

Its only a matter of time the scene normalizes itself and what can survive in it will survive. There is way to much teams in 1 place for all of them to survive.

Expecting slayers/TSL to also go under very soon.

I hope Startale/IM/MVP/FXO continue to be successful teams, they should merge with proleague to make up for the lost teams from the kespa side.


I don't think TSL is in any trouble, at least financially. Even though Boxer left SlayerS for SKT he isn't gonna leave them out to dry, his wife is still SlayerS manager. If worst comes to worst Boxer will convince SKT to absorb SlayerS.
ivirj
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico79 Posts
September 28 2012 17:30 GMT
#64
Congratulations Blizzard and GOM you guys won something that was only a matter of time.
La violencia es el ultimo recurso del incompetente - Asimov
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
September 28 2012 17:30 GMT
#65
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.

Yeah its wrong.
WriterXiao8~~
`dunedain
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
657 Posts
September 28 2012 17:31 GMT
#66
KeSPA going down.

Out with the old, in with the new.
The only way to survive would be through cooperation.
"In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul." ~Albert Camus
Ornithorynquez
Profile Joined August 2009
430 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:40:05
September 28 2012 17:38 GMT
#67
On September 29 2012 02:30 ivirj wrote:
Congratulations Blizzard and GOM you guys won something that was only a matter of time.


Please explain me how the fuck GOM & Blizzard can be related to the bankruptcy of some affiliate from the Woongjin Group. Did you real the whole OP ? This is just speculation for now, GTR is just assuming that the pro-team MIGHT be in trouble because of this.

I just hope it wont hurt Stars in the end, a 6 team ProLeague will be kind of ugly to watch
I have to return some videotapes.
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
September 28 2012 17:39 GMT
#68
I wish I was Bill Gates rich so I could just buy them and team 8 and make sure they don't disband =/
eSports for life.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
September 28 2012 17:41 GMT
#69
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


sure if you like esports dying
The Notorious Winkles
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:52:29
September 28 2012 17:44 GMT
#70
On September 29 2012 02:38 Ornithorynquez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 02:30 ivirj wrote:
Congratulations Blizzard and GOM you guys won something that was only a matter of time.


Please explain me how the fuck GOM & Blizzard can be related to the bankruptcy of some affiliate from the Woongjin Group. Did you real the whole OP ? This is just speculation for now, GTR is just assuming that the pro-team MIGHT be in trouble because of this.

I just hope it wont hurt Stars in the end, a 6 team ProLeague will be kind of ugly to watch


I also find it hilarious how people are already declaring this the death of KeSPA (or something dumb along those lines).
If Woongjin does disband, the one I most feel sorry for is the manager Lee Jae-kyun. He's been the Stars manager since their creation and it would be a huge loss for him to take.
Commentator
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
September 28 2012 17:47 GMT
#71
I guess this is misguided rage, but hearing stuff like this really makes me dislike the foreign pros who complain and whine that they don't get paid enough.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
September 28 2012 17:47 GMT
#72
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.

Yeah because those aspiring progamers with low pay chasing a dream on woongjin stars are definitely the ones causing stupid kespa ref decisions.

Are you insane?
Split.
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland234 Posts
September 28 2012 17:47 GMT
#73
Let's hope not :|
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
September 28 2012 17:49 GMT
#74
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


great example of hating kespa just to hate em.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 17:55:33
September 28 2012 17:53 GMT
#75
Oh please I hope Stars don't disband.
Just don't.(Flying,Zero and Soulkey are awesome players)
If Stars disband, it will fucking affected their performance.


After eSTRO,ACE and Hwaseung Oz,i think that was enough.T.T
Play your best
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
September 28 2012 17:54 GMT
#76
LiquiD`ZerO !!!!!!! How awesome would that be............but mostly sad news if this does happen.
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
September 28 2012 17:55 GMT
#77
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


The worst thing is that you hate Kespa just because some stupid referee made stupid mistake and because gomtv tried to enter heavily overcrowded market and failed hard. I wasnt paying attention to bw scene so I dont know what really happened but you neither since you are also 2010 joiner. And you should not believe what current TL personalities are saying about kespa because they were like 15y.o kids when it happened so they also know "crap" about it. imho
eleaf
Profile Joined September 2011
526 Posts
September 28 2012 17:59 GMT
#78
On September 29 2012 02:05 digmouse wrote:
Um, the news said it was one of Woongjin Group's affiliate, Kukdong Engineering and Construction that goes bankruptcy, does that do a hell lot with Woongjin Group itself?


Anyone want to further clarify this news?
EliteSK
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)251 Posts
September 28 2012 18:00 GMT
#79
On September 29 2012 02:07 hunts wrote:
Is it wrong that I'm actually happy to see KESPA teams go bankrupt? I mean I'm sad for the players and hope they will find new homes if they want to keep going in SC2, but after all the bad things that have come out of kespa, I just can't help but smile hearing about one of the KESPA companies go bankrupt.


It's not the KeSPA team going bankrupt...It's the company sponsoring it....Feel free to enjoy KeSPA teams dying but I have no clue why you should be happy for a company that long sponsored esports to go bankrupt...which affects the Korean economy, affecting esports as a whole. It just makes you sound ignorant...

You have one HUGE misunderstanding cause it's not a KeSPA company, it's a company sponsoring one of KeSPA's teams...so yes it's wrong cause you're being ignorant...
Doso
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany769 Posts
September 28 2012 18:05 GMT
#80
Maybe after this, KeSpa is finnaly forced to accept GSL as the other big league and we might see a new united ProLeague casted by OSL and GomTV.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason157
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16174
Artosis 990
ZZZero.O 83
Hyun 37
NaDa 25
Bale 23
League of Legends
Doublelift3185
JimRising 340
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6030
Liquid`Hasu849
Other Games
summit1g7347
FrodaN2735
B2W.Neo776
ToD239
KnowMe160
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1458
BasetradeTV262
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• Hupsaiya 33
• Adnapsc2 28
• Reevou 7
• musti20045 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie917
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 25m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 25m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 25m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.