• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:24
CEST 04:24
KST 11:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7992 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 63 Next
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-24 12:31:37
December 24 2012 12:31 GMT
#581
On December 24 2012 10:32 thejamster wrote:
is anyone else having trouble logging in to the game? I haven't been able to play for days now. It will either get stuck after clicking connect or matchmaking/customs won't work

I played yesterday and today without issues.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
December 24 2012 14:31 GMT
#582
Is it possible to re-bind the hotkeys at the grid layout, until they are the same like in WoL?

It annoys me SO MUCH that now "r" is for roaches where it was "a" before....
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
December 24 2012 22:56 GMT
#583

It annoys me SO MUCH that now "r" is for roaches where it was "a" before....

Just deal with it. I like HotS grid more than WoL.

W - oWerlord (I know about oVerlord, but not much difference)
R - for Roaches
F - for banelings (tier1 fungal equivalent)
F - for inFestors
S - Snake attack of mutalisks
G - sieGe mushrooms

It's so easy to place spine crawlers - just double Z-Z, and click for spine.


The one bad thing are different unload hotkeys for Nydus
Oukka
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Finland1683 Posts
December 25 2012 01:44 GMT
#584
Played some HotS today, EU server. Losing ranked games did not result in point losses even though I had 235 points. Anyone else not losing points when losing ranked ladder games?
I play children's card games and watch a lot of dota, CS and HS
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
December 25 2012 01:48 GMT
#585
On December 25 2012 10:44 Oukka wrote:
Played some HotS today, EU server. Losing ranked games did not result in point losses even though I had 235 points. Anyone else not losing points when losing ranked ladder games?


Bonus pool now applies to losses as well.
GM Mech T
Oukka
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Finland1683 Posts
December 25 2012 14:10 GMT
#586
On December 25 2012 10:48 HTOMario wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2012 10:44 Oukka wrote:
Played some HotS today, EU server. Losing ranked games did not result in point losses even though I had 235 points. Anyone else not losing points when losing ranked ladder games?


Bonus pool now applies to losses as well.


So bonus pool now acts as a kind of buffer, not losing points until bonus pool is empty. Thanks!
I play children's card games and watch a lot of dota, CS and HS
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
December 25 2012 15:34 GMT
#587
1. Cant choose /click ally units/buildings and even enemy's - how can i see what the terran enemy is building -.-
2. As zerg - what is current the best inject hatch method - the middle mouse method does not work anymore wtf?
3. workers auto split - why is this done? isnt some skill involved in that?
Somethings are just worth fighting for
SoraLimit
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada747 Posts
December 25 2012 18:13 GMT
#588
On December 26 2012 00:34 vahgar.r24 wrote:
1. Cant choose /click ally units/buildings and even enemy's - how can i see what the terran enemy is building -.-
2. As zerg - what is current the best inject hatch method - the middle mouse method does not work anymore wtf?
3. workers auto split - why is this done? isnt some skill involved in that?


1. Under options -> General -> Enable Enemy Unit Selection
2. There's isn't a best method, I still use 55v66v77v method, although I know that the backspace method works too, although I rebind backspace to space bar.
3. You can turn this off. I think the reason why it was implemented was because some people were getting a few seconds of lag at the beginning of the match, which obviously delays the mining, if your computer wasn't powerful enough.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 19:38:16
December 25 2012 18:53 GMT
#589
To prevent many questions, highly recommend you to visit HOTS Tips thread

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=389830
bluti
Profile Joined October 2011
Austria5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 21:18:34
December 29 2012 21:05 GMT
#590
i have a weird problem regarding my mouse sensitivity:

i have the same config on wol and hots, but it seems like the speed is faster in hots than wol. is there any little tweak i dont know about?

i doublechecked things and i have the same settings on both games. thanks in advance for any tips on that one.
exog
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway279 Posts
December 29 2012 22:49 GMT
#591
On December 30 2012 06:05 bluti wrote:
i have a weird problem regarding my mouse sensitivity:

i have the same config on wol and hots, but it seems like the speed is faster in hots than wol. is there any little tweak i dont know about?

i doublechecked things and i have the same settings on both games. thanks in advance for any tips on that one.

Check if mouse acceleration is enabled anywhere.
nickyboy909
Profile Joined June 2011
72 Posts
December 29 2012 23:53 GMT
#592
On December 30 2012 06:05 bluti wrote:
i have a weird problem regarding my mouse sensitivity:

i have the same config on wol and hots, but it seems like the speed is faster in hots than wol. is there any little tweak i dont know about?

i doublechecked things and i have the same settings on both games. thanks in advance for any tips on that one.

Yeah. sometimes it's called enhance pointer precision. Make sure it's off
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
December 30 2012 00:17 GMT
#593
Is there any way to make pinging just like WC3, DotA 2, or any other RTS games?
If I set it to ALT, whenever I press ALT, the cursor toggles to "ping mode" instead of the usual "if I hold ALT and click somewhere, it pings". It's really annoying and I accidentally ping every time I ALT-TAB.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 05:30:24
December 30 2012 04:20 GMT
#594
Do they notify you when you get into the beta, or was it opened to anyone who pre-ordered through Battlenet? I just randomly checked my account and all of a sudden I am in. I wasn't notified or anything.

Also, my beta account is named after a Miami booty bass DJ. I don't remember doing that.

Edit: Was having an issue where it kept locking up on the load screen. I lost two placements because of it. Then I noticed it wasn't actually done downloading so I am letting it do that.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
andeh
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States904 Posts
December 30 2012 06:53 GMT
#595
So I just lost to a terran who just placed random widow mines around the map. I went ling/infestor/overseer and my army was just blown up because they 1shot 3/3 lings. Is there something I'm missing? It wasn't fun because I couldn't avoid them or take them out in a cost efficient way. I feel like I'm missing something simple.
SoraLimit
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada747 Posts
December 30 2012 07:44 GMT
#596
On December 30 2012 13:20 Ben... wrote:
Do they notify you when you get into the beta, or was it opened to anyone who pre-ordered through Battlenet? I just randomly checked my account and all of a sudden I am in. I wasn't notified or anything.

Also, my beta account is named after a Miami booty bass DJ. I don't remember doing that.

Edit: Was having an issue where it kept locking up on the load screen. I lost two placements because of it. Then I noticed it wasn't actually done downloading so I am letting it do that.

They should have notified you through the email that your battle net is linked to. I'm not sure about the circumstances when you pre order it from Battle net itself though, but I assume it would be the same.

Not sure about the name though, since my name was the same as my WoL account. It doesn't matter though, as this isn't your real account anyways.
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
December 30 2012 07:57 GMT
#597
On December 30 2012 15:53 andeh wrote:
So I just lost to a terran who just placed random widow mines around the map. I went ling/infestor/overseer and my army was just blown up because they 1shot 3/3 lings. Is there something I'm missing? It wasn't fun because I couldn't avoid them or take them out in a cost efficient way. I feel like I'm missing something simple.


Yeah, an overseer. Seriously.
IamPryda
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1186 Posts
December 30 2012 22:31 GMT
#598
if u pre-order hots from TL do u still get beta access?
Moar banelings less qq
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
December 30 2012 23:15 GMT
#599
can someone tell what the hell is with this WHAT IS UR RACE MR.RANDOM
starleague forever
FrankieZerg
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1 Post
December 30 2012 23:23 GMT
#600
whats the counter to Protoss mass void ray?
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 138
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18346
Rain 1570
GuemChi 917
sorry 61
NaDa 15
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever447
NeuroSwarm201
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 557
Counter-Strike
taco 443
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1047
Mew2King82
Other Games
summit1g7500
WinterStarcraft516
C9.Mang0145
ViBE135
ZombieGrub14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 184
• davetesta35
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt253
Other Games
• Scarra1115
• Shiphtur508
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 36m
INu's Battles
8h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 36m
OSC
19h 51m
Replay Cast
20h 36m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.