• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:35
CEST 10:35
KST 17:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9972 users

[D] The raven buff does not address TvZ issues - Page 44

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 48 Next All
If this thread can't remain civil then we'll have to close it. Thread will be moderated harshly from pg.3 onwards.
fawkz
Profile Joined August 2012
Bangladesh36 Posts
August 29 2012 21:53 GMT
#861
terran is the hardest race, just like in bw..why complain? just go play more games imo. it makes you very solid player.
xmungam
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1050 Posts
August 29 2012 23:24 GMT
#862
On August 26 2012 03:41 Supamang wrote:
Wow this thread is so full of misquoting, selective reading, selective memory, and extreme exaggeration its hard to believe any kind of meaningful discussion is going on here

i could post this anywhere on the internet and it would probably be true...

hahaha also the title of this thread is so ridiculous "x does not solve problem y" . that could ALWAYS be said no matter anything.
youtube.com/xmungam ~~ twitch.tv/thenessman
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 11:02:56
August 30 2012 10:58 GMT
#863
On August 30 2012 04:51 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 02:33 one-one-one wrote:
Plansix:
You seem to have some kind of grudge against me.


Also, you may wish to avoid such blatant ad hominem arguments in the future. Insulting the quality of TL moderation and the "quality" of the post does not make your argument strong, since you provide very little reasoning as to why the post is bad. You say that Avilo does not want the game to be easier, but he simply asks for the other races to be more difficult to play. When you ask for the game to be made more difficult for your opponents, it is the same thing as asking the game to be easier for yourself.


Just because you use the word "ad hominem" doesn't make your point valid.
I clearly provided enough reasoning since I showed that all, or at least most, of his points about avilo were wrong.

There is indeed a difference between making the other two races harder and making your own race easier.
It is not the same thing.

As for high quality posting I clearly remember a post that you made in response to a post by me in the TLPD win rate statistics where you really shine. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=15301437
Then go look at my follow up posts in that thread and tell me again about what Terran bias I show in that thread?
Also look at the posts in reply to yours where people tell you that you clearly have misunderstood what I wrote.
Never mind that I have a degree in mathematics while you probably do not...

edit: I have probably written some biased posts myself after being upset or whatever, but I still think that I have pretty good concepts about game balance/imbalance.



First off, I was rather proud of that post. It was most of my more amusing work. Second off all, I do not take many, if any arguments of imbalance seriously, regardless of who they come from. Personally, I believed that all of my losses are my own fault for playing poorly, regardless of my opponent. Even if my opponent took a blind risk for an easy win, I feel it is my burden to locate and scout those risks. I have a long history of playing boardgames, like GO and chess, where you have no one to blame but yourself when you lose.

I do not believe the game needs other races need to be made “harder” and I believe people who are requesting because they have hit a wall in their play and don’t know how to improve further. All the races have equally hard parts to their play and people just discount the challenge of each race because it is easier than facing their own faults. If imbalance exists, it is mostly created by maps and not by the specific abilities of each race. If a player is getting rolled in a specific match up, they are likely not taking advantage of a timing that their opponents are leaving open earlier in the match.

I also find all the focus on balance discussions to be distracting and not fruitful. It detracts from the over all enjoyment of the game, real discussion on maps and the best way to respond to specific styles. It is a black hole that drags us all into it, but leads to nothing good.

I have lost to my far share of a-moved armies in the past, mostly filled with roaches and lings. I have no one to blame but myself for letting it get to that point.



The only funny thing about that post was how stupid it was, I'll give you that. I wouldn't be so proud over it ...

But another thing strikes me though.
You didn't participate in the debate in this thread. Your first post here was another personal attack on me.
I was telling a guy to basically keep himself on topic and discuss Ravens in TvZ instead of bashing the OP.

Then you come in and accuse _me_ of using "ad hominems" as you eloquently put it. In your reply you ramble about how little you care about balance/imbalance talk. This thread isn't about that at all which is pointed out explicitly by the OP.
But I guess you didn't even read that.
What the hell Plansix?

...

So, what is your take on the raven situation in TvZ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
DontNerfInfestors
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain280 Posts
August 30 2012 11:04 GMT
#864
Decrease Queen Range and increase its speed so we have queens that kite void rays
Please dont nerf them.Infestors are fine.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
August 30 2012 11:13 GMT
#865
On August 30 2012 20:04 DontNerfInfestors wrote:
Decrease Queen Range and increase its speed so we have queens that kite void rays


And what would be the point of that?
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
August 30 2012 11:17 GMT
#866
What buff ???
Terran & Potato Salad.
DontNerfInfestors
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain280 Posts
August 30 2012 11:48 GMT
#867
On August 30 2012 20:13 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 20:04 DontNerfInfestors wrote:
Decrease Queen Range and increase its speed so we have queens that kite void rays


And what would be the point of that?

2 stargate void ray rush (proxy if not close by air) on maps that are hard to scout like TDA or conemned ridge
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364581 vote to see what the community thinks about the current map pool
Please dont nerf them.Infestors are fine.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
August 30 2012 13:05 GMT
#868
On August 30 2012 20:48 DontNerfInfestors wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 20:13 Big J wrote:
On August 30 2012 20:04 DontNerfInfestors wrote:
Decrease Queen Range and increase its speed so we have queens that kite void rays


And what would be the point of that?

2 stargate void ray rush (proxy if not close by air) on maps that are hard to scout like TDA or conemned ridge
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364581 vote to see what the community thinks about the current map pool


That build is not an issue.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 30 2012 16:26 GMT
#869
On August 30 2012 19:58 one-one-one wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 04:51 Plansix wrote:
On August 30 2012 02:33 one-one-one wrote:
Plansix:
You seem to have some kind of grudge against me.


Also, you may wish to avoid such blatant ad hominem arguments in the future. Insulting the quality of TL moderation and the "quality" of the post does not make your argument strong, since you provide very little reasoning as to why the post is bad. You say that Avilo does not want the game to be easier, but he simply asks for the other races to be more difficult to play. When you ask for the game to be made more difficult for your opponents, it is the same thing as asking the game to be easier for yourself.


Just because you use the word "ad hominem" doesn't make your point valid.
I clearly provided enough reasoning since I showed that all, or at least most, of his points about avilo were wrong.

There is indeed a difference between making the other two races harder and making your own race easier.
It is not the same thing.

As for high quality posting I clearly remember a post that you made in response to a post by me in the TLPD win rate statistics where you really shine. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=15301437
Then go look at my follow up posts in that thread and tell me again about what Terran bias I show in that thread?
Also look at the posts in reply to yours where people tell you that you clearly have misunderstood what I wrote.
Never mind that I have a degree in mathematics while you probably do not...

edit: I have probably written some biased posts myself after being upset or whatever, but I still think that I have pretty good concepts about game balance/imbalance.



First off, I was rather proud of that post. It was most of my more amusing work. Second off all, I do not take many, if any arguments of imbalance seriously, regardless of who they come from. Personally, I believed that all of my losses are my own fault for playing poorly, regardless of my opponent. Even if my opponent took a blind risk for an easy win, I feel it is my burden to locate and scout those risks. I have a long history of playing boardgames, like GO and chess, where you have no one to blame but yourself when you lose.

I do not believe the game needs other races need to be made “harder” and I believe people who are requesting because they have hit a wall in their play and don’t know how to improve further. All the races have equally hard parts to their play and people just discount the challenge of each race because it is easier than facing their own faults. If imbalance exists, it is mostly created by maps and not by the specific abilities of each race. If a player is getting rolled in a specific match up, they are likely not taking advantage of a timing that their opponents are leaving open earlier in the match.

I also find all the focus on balance discussions to be distracting and not fruitful. It detracts from the over all enjoyment of the game, real discussion on maps and the best way to respond to specific styles. It is a black hole that drags us all into it, but leads to nothing good.

I have lost to my far share of a-moved armies in the past, mostly filled with roaches and lings. I have no one to blame but myself for letting it get to that point.



The only funny thing about that post was how stupid it was, I'll give you that. I wouldn't be so proud over it ...

But another thing strikes me though.
You didn't participate in the debate in this thread. Your first post here was another personal attack on me.
I was telling a guy to basically keep himself on topic and discuss Ravens in TvZ instead of bashing the OP.

Then you come in and accuse _me_ of using "ad hominems" as you eloquently put it. In your reply you ramble about how little you care about balance/imbalance talk. This thread isn't about that at all which is pointed out explicitly by the OP.
But I guess you didn't even read that.
What the hell Plansix?

...

So, what is your take on the raven situation in TvZ?



There you go again, talking down to the people again. You are aware of what an ad hominem argument is, correct? Ad hominem mean that you insult the posters or question their intelligence, rather than address their arguments on face value. As someone who works in a field that argues professional, it is the weakest and more irritating form of argument to address. It is the main reason I have a ‘grudge’ against you, since I dislike people who’s main tactic in arguments is to talking down to others.

As for the Raven, I feel it should be buffed simply because it underused. Terran has been unable to fit the Raven into any of the match ups and having it move at the same speed as medivacs is a good way to attempt to make it more viable. Mobile detection would be a huge boost to almost any match up for terran, as it frees up scans that can be used for extra income. This also feeds into the tactics used by Teaja in using mass mules at vulnerable expansions and increased use of the PFs.

As a whole, I think ZvP is being figured slowly figured out and terrans are learning to how to punish the zerg’s greed. The raven buff would be a good boost, as more units and abilities are always good for the game.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
August 30 2012 17:01 GMT
#870
On August 31 2012 01:26 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 19:58 one-one-one wrote:
On August 30 2012 04:51 Plansix wrote:
On August 30 2012 02:33 one-one-one wrote:
Plansix:
You seem to have some kind of grudge against me.


Also, you may wish to avoid such blatant ad hominem arguments in the future. Insulting the quality of TL moderation and the "quality" of the post does not make your argument strong, since you provide very little reasoning as to why the post is bad. You say that Avilo does not want the game to be easier, but he simply asks for the other races to be more difficult to play. When you ask for the game to be made more difficult for your opponents, it is the same thing as asking the game to be easier for yourself.


Just because you use the word "ad hominem" doesn't make your point valid.
I clearly provided enough reasoning since I showed that all, or at least most, of his points about avilo were wrong.

There is indeed a difference between making the other two races harder and making your own race easier.
It is not the same thing.

As for high quality posting I clearly remember a post that you made in response to a post by me in the TLPD win rate statistics where you really shine. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=15301437
Then go look at my follow up posts in that thread and tell me again about what Terran bias I show in that thread?
Also look at the posts in reply to yours where people tell you that you clearly have misunderstood what I wrote.
Never mind that I have a degree in mathematics while you probably do not...

edit: I have probably written some biased posts myself after being upset or whatever, but I still think that I have pretty good concepts about game balance/imbalance.



First off, I was rather proud of that post. It was most of my more amusing work. Second off all, I do not take many, if any arguments of imbalance seriously, regardless of who they come from. Personally, I believed that all of my losses are my own fault for playing poorly, regardless of my opponent. Even if my opponent took a blind risk for an easy win, I feel it is my burden to locate and scout those risks. I have a long history of playing boardgames, like GO and chess, where you have no one to blame but yourself when you lose.

I do not believe the game needs other races need to be made “harder” and I believe people who are requesting because they have hit a wall in their play and don’t know how to improve further. All the races have equally hard parts to their play and people just discount the challenge of each race because it is easier than facing their own faults. If imbalance exists, it is mostly created by maps and not by the specific abilities of each race. If a player is getting rolled in a specific match up, they are likely not taking advantage of a timing that their opponents are leaving open earlier in the match.

I also find all the focus on balance discussions to be distracting and not fruitful. It detracts from the over all enjoyment of the game, real discussion on maps and the best way to respond to specific styles. It is a black hole that drags us all into it, but leads to nothing good.

I have lost to my far share of a-moved armies in the past, mostly filled with roaches and lings. I have no one to blame but myself for letting it get to that point.



The only funny thing about that post was how stupid it was, I'll give you that. I wouldn't be so proud over it ...

But another thing strikes me though.
You didn't participate in the debate in this thread. Your first post here was another personal attack on me.
I was telling a guy to basically keep himself on topic and discuss Ravens in TvZ instead of bashing the OP.

Then you come in and accuse _me_ of using "ad hominems" as you eloquently put it. In your reply you ramble about how little you care about balance/imbalance talk. This thread isn't about that at all which is pointed out explicitly by the OP.
But I guess you didn't even read that.
What the hell Plansix?

...

So, what is your take on the raven situation in TvZ?



There you go again, talking down to the people again. You are aware of what an ad hominem argument is, correct? Ad hominem mean that you insult the posters or question their intelligence, rather than address their arguments on face value. As someone who works in a field that argues professional, it is the weakest and more irritating form of argument to address. It is the main reason I have a ‘grudge’ against you, since I dislike people who’s main tactic in arguments is to talking down to others.

As for the Raven, I feel it should be buffed simply because it underused. Terran has been unable to fit the Raven into any of the match ups and having it move at the same speed as medivacs is a good way to attempt to make it more viable. Mobile detection would be a huge boost to almost any match up for terran, as it frees up scans that can be used for extra income. This also feeds into the tactics used by Teaja in using mass mules at vulnerable expansions and increased use of the PFs.

As a whole, I think ZvP is being figured slowly figured out and terrans are learning to how to punish the zerg’s greed. The raven buff would be a good boost, as more units and abilities are always good for the game.


You still don't get it ...

My first post in this thread was in response to a guy using insults and his self perceived ideas about the OP instead of arguing about the topic - Blizzard's suggested raven changes and how they will adress the issues terran are experiencing in the matchup. I also said that he was wrong in what he claimed and explained why I thought so with real arguments.
Then I also said that I found the quality of his post quite poor. Guess what? A post can be both wrong and of poor quality, and attacking both the quality and the factual errors certainly does not indicate that my main discussion tactic is to use insults.

Last time you wrote to me you also pulled "ranks" telling me that you worked for a big bank and implying that you had some kind of authority to call the number cooking you accused me of doing.
You were wrong back then and you eventually had to admit that you had no problems with my numbers.
Now you come in completely from the side accusing me of using down talking as my main argumentation method.
So you were wrong one more time and once again you tried to pull ranks by referring to your work and how experienced you are with facing peoples argumentation techniques.
I find your attitude very arrogant. Before you make such accusations you could at least read my post properly and make an effort to understand the context. Did you even read the OP ?

Now this shit is cluttering the thread so if you want to respond I recommend doing so in a PM. I won't write anything more about this to you here.

As for your take on the raven you have missed the main point in the OP - how the suggested changes will help terrans deal with Zergs lategame.
I'm not saying that your take on the whole raven thing is wrong though, but mobile detection and the slightly fewer scans is not super important in the lategame. At least not important enough to justify mass raven usage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
Schnullerbacke13
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1199 Posts
August 30 2012 18:35 GMT
#871
after watching some recent high level play, i don't think Terran is UP, it just took some time for them to adapt. Terran needs to play more adaptive now (scout+macro), you can't do blind timing push builds any more. Also you need to take more risks early game. A lot of complaints here sound like beginner zergs complaints about 'unscoutable' all-ins
21 is half the truth
Homework
Profile Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 19:05:58
August 30 2012 19:04 GMT
#872
I don't mean to be overly simplistic here, but I feel like TvZ is a balanced matchup.
Each side has to micro against the other for an advantageous position. Terrans continue to lose to zergs in large tournaments because they absolutely refuse to do things like split their vikings, build extra starports, or spread out their MMM balls. Zergs lose to Terrans because even though BL/Infestor is the "godly" composition that no one can ever lose with, ever, there's still some major drawbacks involved. BL/Inf is undeniably slow, has major difficulty dealing with drops, and is ridiculously expensive.
Don't want to be fungaled? Split your shit, bros. It's about as hard as clicking "F".
Vari
Profile Joined September 2010
United States532 Posts
August 30 2012 19:10 GMT
#873
On August 31 2012 03:35 Schnullerbacke13 wrote:
after watching some recent high level play, i don't think Terran is UP, it just took some time for them to adapt. Terran needs to play more adaptive now (scout+macro), you can't do blind timing push builds any more. Also you need to take more risks early game. A lot of complaints here sound like beginner zergs complaints about 'unscoutable' all-ins

by beginner zergs do you mean pro zergs for the first 2 years of the game?


I don't think terran is in that bad of a place either, honestly I think if the raven buff WAS gonna "fix" tvz no one would ever care about the name avilo again so of course he supports the idea that it won't. but things are fairly difficult right now, so if t can just briefly be given the leeway on complaining z was for 2 years that'd be awesome.
Stroke Me Lady Fame
Vari
Profile Joined September 2010
United States532 Posts
August 30 2012 19:11 GMT
#874
On August 31 2012 04:04 Homework wrote:
I don't mean to be overly simplistic here, but I feel like TvZ is a balanced matchup.
Each side has to micro against the other for an advantageous position. Terrans continue to lose to zergs in large tournaments because they absolutely refuse to do things like split their vikings, build extra starports, or spread out their MMM balls. Zergs lose to Terrans because even though BL/Infestor is the "godly" composition that no one can ever lose with, ever, there's still some major drawbacks involved. BL/Inf is undeniably slow, has major difficulty dealing with drops, and is ridiculously expensive.
Don't want to be fungaled? Split your shit, bros. It's about as hard as clicking "F".

hahaha, pros don't split

that's actually hilarious

almost as funny as zerg requiring the same micro as terran. good shit!
Stroke Me Lady Fame
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 20:20:20
August 30 2012 20:19 GMT
#875
On August 31 2012 04:04 Homework wrote:
I don't mean to be overly simplistic here, but I feel like TvZ is a balanced matchup.
Each side has to micro against the other for an advantageous position. Terrans continue to lose to zergs in large tournaments because they absolutely refuse to do things like split their vikings, build extra starports, or spread out their MMM balls. Zergs lose to Terrans because even though BL/Infestor is the "godly" composition that no one can ever lose with, ever, there's still some major drawbacks involved. BL/Inf is undeniably slow, has major difficulty dealing with drops, and is ridiculously expensive.
Don't want to be fungaled? Split your shit, bros. It's about as hard as clicking "F".

what? splitting is as hard as casting fungal?

are you serious? >_>
please do your homework before you say things like that
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
gosublade
Profile Joined May 2011
632 Posts
August 30 2012 23:56 GMT
#876
I might consider taking your thread seriously avilo, but not mentioning ghosts even once shows how clueless you are
Not even death can save you from me.
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
August 31 2012 13:01 GMT
#877
On August 31 2012 08:56 gosublade wrote:
I might consider taking your thread seriously avilo, but not mentioning ghosts even once shows how clueless you are


The thread is specifically about the suggested raven buff and its implications, not the ghost.
The ghost might have its uses anyways though, and as far as I know from occasionally watching avilo stream he uses ghosts in the lategame to deal with infestors.

It sounds to me like you were just looking for any reason to dismiss the thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
Coffeeling
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland250 Posts
August 31 2012 13:24 GMT
#878
But making a bunch of specific counters against a bunch of different, severe threats is totally the same folks. So Ghosts are obviously very good in the matchup because they deal with one kind of unit pretty well. Like BLs that just kill everything on ground, Infestors that just kill everything and...
Squee
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
August 31 2012 13:34 GMT
#879
On August 31 2012 03:35 Schnullerbacke13 wrote:
after watching some recent high level play, i don't think Terran is UP, it just took some time for them to adapt. Terran needs to play more adaptive now (scout+macro), you can't do blind timing push builds any more. Also you need to take more risks early game. A lot of complaints here sound like beginner zergs complaints about 'unscoutable' all-ins


You can't be serious. Terran has adapted far more than any other race since the beginning of WoL. This isn't up for debate. T has been nerfed and changed far more than the other two races combined, so don't go on about "Oh T needs to actually adapt and work now". That's complete BS.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
lightertripod
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom44 Posts
August 31 2012 13:53 GMT
#880
its been state now by more than one pro and actaully agree with it

the issue with TvZ is not a balance issue its a differculty issue

at the highest level its a balanced match up but as the skill level falls the balance moves more in the directions of the zerg

this is the reaons the likes of Teaja and MVP still doing well in the match up

I would be more worried about the state of TvP

intresting question how many pro's offrace Terran I watch lot of streams where Terrans offrace zerg and do very well and the odd one that offrace toss but I cannot remember anyone for some time offracing Terran (TLO did a little before he went to korean when warming up but he played Terran for long time anyway)
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 512
Hyuk 310
910 230
Killer 76
Dewaltoss 58
Yoon 47
Shinee 34
Mind 28
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 27
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
yabsab 19
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe162
League of Legends
JimRising 471
Counter-Strike
olofmeister917
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2063
Khaldor506
Other Games
singsing1209
ceh9552
Sick257
XBOCT252
Mew2King148
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2315
League of Legends
• Jankos1268
• Stunt534
Other Games
• WagamamaTV73
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 25m
Stellar Fest
4h 25m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.