• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8087 users

Couples league is up! - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Relevant
Profile Joined May 2012
United States63 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-24 07:32:04
July 24 2012 07:31 GMT
#81
VP and Lz.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I wouldn't say I'm not serious about trying to get this going. I've mentioned in a blog post that the goal is to have live tournaments, so gamer couples can come together for some fun and competition. I'd love it if the idea takes off and we can have a tourney in the San Francisco area or something that's best for everyone. For right now, I want to get some teams in and registered so I can start some initial brackets. We'll be in a better place to see where we're at once we see the levels of play we have going on.

Oh, and I've posted instructions on how to register for the league on the forums of the site. It's a bit clunky, but it works until we get a better solution.
willyallthewei
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States265 Posts
July 24 2012 07:43 GMT
#82
On July 23 2012 16:53 smaug81243 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 08:34 IdrA wrote:
On July 23 2012 08:25 Rannasha wrote:
On July 23 2012 08:05 YouMake wrote:
InControl and Anna are gonna win idk any other GF remotely gold league.


ST_Rainbow & ST_Aphrodite

helps if the guy's better than gold too


Why do you insist on insulting fellow pro players? Within the past month or two you insulted MKP calling him a bad player on SOTG. Look at the results from the past year and he has performed significantly better than you have. While not quite on MKP's level, rainbow is a solid player that is arguably better than you are. When are you going to learn to respect your peers?

*On subject, best of luck to this league. If I can convince my girlfriend to play I will be signing up as well :D


Are people really this stiff?

Dude he's fucking around. I sware somedays i can't tell the difference between this place and reddit. Teamliquid members = supposed to have half a brain, almost...
"never give up, never surrender"
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
July 24 2012 08:03 GMT
#83
On July 23 2012 08:34 Jathin wrote:
Gay couple to win it all imo


just found out that have to be allowed too, so i think gays are imba because 2 men are just broken xD

well if scarlett gets/have a bf they win xD
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
July 24 2012 08:10 GMT
#84
I know grubby and his wife are masters 2v2 this could be fun
Whatever happens, happens
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 24 2012 08:28 GMT
#85
My wife, couldnt even "move the mouse down" so the screen would move, i asked her 4x and she looked at me like i asked her to build a bomb.

I think she can stick to MMO's

Im out xD
Useless wet fish.
Miserie
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium92 Posts
July 24 2012 09:17 GMT
#86
Like this tournament, although my bf isn't really that much into SC2 anymore
Work work work.
beesinyoface
Profile Joined May 2012
2450 Posts
July 24 2012 09:42 GMT
#87
On July 24 2012 17:03 CoR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 08:34 Jathin wrote:
Gay couple to win it all imo


just found out that have to be allowed too, so i think gays are imba because 2 men are just broken xD

well if scarlett gets/have a bf they win xD

I've heard of many units being OP, but never the gays.
aaaaa
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
July 24 2012 09:47 GMT
#88
what are the rules regarding couples?
Do they need to live in the same city? same state/province? same country?
Do they need to be friends? do they need to be lovers? How would it be known/proven?
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
July 24 2012 10:44 GMT
#89
On July 24 2012 16:31 Xietep wrote:
VP and Lz.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I wouldn't say I'm not serious about trying to get this going. I've mentioned in a blog post that the goal is to have live tournaments, so gamer couples can come together for some fun and competition. I'd love it if the idea takes off and we can have a tourney in the San Francisco area or something that's best for everyone. For right now, I want to get some teams in and registered so I can start some initial brackets. We'll be in a better place to see where we're at once we see the levels of play we have going on.

Oh, and I've posted instructions on how to register for the league on the forums of the site. It's a bit clunky, but it works until we get a better solution.


seems like this ideas got a really good reception just remember why you started it though and make sure that it doesn't become such a burden or that you spend too much time worrying about how it'll turn out. should be lots of people on TL willing to help if you need it
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Relevant
Profile Joined May 2012
United States63 Posts
July 24 2012 14:53 GMT
#90
what are the rules regarding couples?
Do they need to live in the same city? same state/province? same country?
Do they need to be friends? do they need to be lovers? How would it be known/proven?


I'm purposely being pretty loose about this now. I don't think it will be abused at first. Once we start meeting up live, the abuse should really drop off. One idea was that it be a co-ed league that just has to be one male and 1 female. I think that's a good idea to help bring females to the game, but my #1 goal when I thought of this idea was to meet other married couples that play SC. I don't think there are enough of those to run a league, so bf/gf couples are fine, and probably even male/female friends.

I'll start a thread on the league's forums to see everyone's thoughts on this.

seems like this ideas got a really good reception just remember why you started it though and make sure that it doesn't become such a burden or that you spend too much time worrying about how it'll turn out. should be lots of people on TL willing to help if you need it


Thanks, Denzil. I really do appreciate the kind words. I know it will be difficult, especially because I know nothing about running tournaments/leagues, etc. So I'll definitely need to hit up the community for help from time to time. But over, it's going to be fun for me and everyone involved. That's the main goal.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
July 24 2012 17:30 GMT
#91
This is playing with fire since the gay marriage debate going on in US right now. =x
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
July 24 2012 17:54 GMT
#92
On July 23 2012 08:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If a pro-gamer starts to date Scarlett, I think we have ourselves a couples league winner!

+ Show Spoiler +
The dude won't even have to do anything. Scarlett'll win everything by herself!


Really cool idea btw


Huk and Scarlett!!
suprJinn
Profile Joined July 2012
Finland1 Post
July 25 2012 02:32 GMT
#93
If this is a serious league, I'm interested in joining in with my boyfriend. I am 400pts Diamond and He is ~1000pts Master. More information about the rules etc. would be nice to have.
Relevant
Profile Joined May 2012
United States63 Posts
July 25 2012 15:53 GMT
#94
Supr, come on in. Our first tournament will be organized as soon as we get enough teams. I think we need 2 more teams, then we're ready to go. The first tournament will be for initial league rankings, and we'll see from there. I'm even going to give casting a shot and stream the tourney! My hopes are that this first tourney well bring attention to the league and get more females/couples into competitive gaming.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 15:58:28
July 25 2012 15:58 GMT
#95
Naniwa/SaSe have this in the bag
NuttyFudgesicle
Profile Joined December 2010
United States29 Posts
July 30 2012 02:19 GMT
#96
Any updates on the status of this league?
caneras
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
433 Posts
July 30 2012 05:07 GMT
#97
I can imagine at least one couple breaking up over this because the guy gets too competitive.
daxile
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada829 Posts
July 30 2012 05:11 GMT
#98
gay couples would be imba
to live is to suffer
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings93
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft270
ByuN 262
RuFF_SC2 128
ViBE69
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2243
GuemChi 1394
Artosis 618
Sharp 82
910 55
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 622
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox838
Other Games
summit1g9037
Day[9].tv787
shahzam673
JimRising 599
C9.Mang0318
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
• EnkiAlexander 38
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv787
• Shiphtur670
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 52m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.