• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:14
CEST 03:14
KST 10:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8658 users

EG welcomes RaidCall as title sponsor! - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
322 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
July 25 2012 22:19 GMT
#301
On July 25 2012 08:10 Greggle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 07:06 Phobbers wrote:
On July 25 2012 05:45 Greggle wrote:
On July 24 2012 13:15 LeSioN wrote:
On July 24 2012 12:19 forgehammer wrote:
On July 24 2012 11:23 walklightwhat wrote:
On July 24 2012 11:18 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On July 24 2012 11:08 julysun wrote:
On July 21 2012 07:09 sickoota wrote:
Damn man the bussiness side of EG must be sick they keep getting sponsors despite horrendous results and polarizing (at best) personalities.

agreed

Seconded. But we have to remember that eg is in esports as well, so its not just the sc2 branch getting sponsored.


You say polarizing like it would have a negative effect on marketing. Half the community may hate him, but that hasn't stopped them from obsessing over everything IdrA says or does.


Yeah, it's like Fox News or Howard Stern. People who like it listen to it, but The Daily Show pays more attention to Fox News than anyone else, and people who dislike Stern are way more likely to jump on anything he does than the people who don't absolutely love his show.


you really went in-depth with your brain fart there.

anyways, whats all the hate for eg about? so idra, incontrol and machine are worthless progamers and Huk dosent win every tournament? they still have the best results of any foreign team, period.

Edit to prove my point: second highest prize money winnings globally

second to IM (mvp and nestea...)


You can subtract ~$50000 from Puma's winnings when he was on TSL, ~$45000 from Thorzain's and ~$26,000 from Huk's. So we'll call that -$120000, putting their total winnings at about $225,020, so like the 7th highest team? Liquid is at 8th with $221,620.

You know Zenio, Hero, Taeja, and Hero haven't made all their prize money while just on TL as well right? Did the math and about $27,000 should be axed from their total just like you did with EG. Kinda funny that you proceeded to do that for EG but not for TL.


I didn't bother to calculate that because I was calculating EG's rank, not Liquid's. I only even brought up Liquid's rank because it was the rank they would take with their adjusted winnings, meaning they would be higher than Liquid. I was only calculating EG's rank. I don't honestly care about the EG/Liquid rivalry, but you shouldn't count any contributions that came from other teams.


It makes your calculation completely irrelevant though, since you didn't do the calculations for all the other teams you can't arbitrarily place them at rank 7 when you haven't done the same to the rest of the teams you're comparing their winnings against.
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
Apollo_Shards
Profile Joined February 2011
1210 Posts
July 26 2012 00:41 GMT
#302
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.
Jaedong, sOs, avilo, MaSa, Oprah
Gates
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 01:01:12
July 26 2012 01:00 GMT
#303
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.

What a shame that the other + Show Spoiler +
night Idra takes out MKP and Demuslim takes out Creator and they still were not able to take down Prime in IPL TAC3
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 12:54:18
July 26 2012 12:19 GMT
#304
I wonder if EG should keep there gaming house in Arizona. Like there is no doubt that they have many highly skilled/talent players but I think the amount of evidence pointing against that it is a bad to train in NA is starting to be overwhelming.

I mean Sase and Naniwa for instance complains a lot about the EU ladder, they think there opponents frequently are to weak in order for them to get maximum efficiency out of their training time. As far as I heard is this problem a lot greater in NA. You do not need to be a genius to realize that playing against players that are worse then yourself is not going to improve your skill level, specially in SC2 as it is a game which is really hard to improve in without good opponents.

I mean does not all EG players pretty much have SC2 as there full time job? Could they not live anywhere? I mean people study abroad for many years all the time, why cannot SC2 players do the same? Seems very inefficient to have the house in Arizona.

It does not necessarily need to be in Korea, as Korea I think is hard county to live/adept to in a more long term perspective.
Most players use Korea as bootcamp, they go in train hard and go away after 1-2 months. Further I think for some players like Idra, Korea might be bad. Cause Idra is the sort of player that do not handle loses very well and Idras skill level is highly related to his mental state rather then his actual max skill level.

Hell have house in northern EU instead. Make EU a hub for SC2 esport and make the EU ladder even more competitive. Good for foreign scene and thus good for Esport ^^
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
July 26 2012 12:26 GMT
#305
On July 26 2012 21:19 4ZakeN87 wrote:
I wonder if EG should keep there gaming house in Arizona though. Like there is no doubt that they have many highly skilled/talent players but I think the amount of evidence pointing against that it is a bad to train in NA is starting to be overwhelming.

I mean Sase and Naniwa for instance complains a lot about the EU ladder, they think there opponents frequently are to weak in order for them to get maximum efficiency out of their training time. As far as I heard is this problem is a lot greater in NA. You do not need to be a genius to realize that playing against players that are worse then yourself is not going to improve your skill level, specially in SC2 as it is a game which is really hard to improve in without good opponents.

I mean does not all EG players pretty much have SC2 as there full time job? Could they not live anywhere? I mean people study abroad for many years all the time, why cannot SC2 players do the same? Seems very inefficient to have the house in Arizona.

It does not necessarily need to be in Korea, as Korea I think is hard county to live/adept to in a more long term perspective.
Most players use Korea as bootcamp, they go in train hard and go away after 1-2 months. Further I think for some players like Idra, Korea might be bad. Cause Idra is the sort of player that do not handle loses very well and Idras skill level is highly related to his mental state rather then his actual max skill level.

Hell have house in northern EU instead. Make EU a hub for SC2 esport and make the EU ladder even more competitive. Good for foreign scene and thus good for Esport ^^

I guess the only real response I can think of is that we live in a globalized world. It really doesn't matter if your house is in Arizona, Korea, or Egypt. As long as you have a decent connection strength, you should be able to play on every server. NA to KR lag can be bad during peak KR hours, I won't doubt that. But you don't exactly plan owning a house based around that. Houses cost money. Not to mention if you wish to buy a house in a country, and then live there for years without end, you typically need to be a citizen of the country.

But yeah, no one will buy a $200,000+ house in Europe just to make the European ladder have a higher EG presence.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 12:56:41
July 26 2012 12:42 GMT
#306
On July 26 2012 21:26 Chargelot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 21:19 4ZakeN87 wrote:
I wonder if EG should keep there gaming house in Arizona though. Like there is no doubt that they have many highly skilled/talent players but I think the amount of evidence pointing against that it is a bad to train in NA is starting to be overwhelming.

I mean Sase and Naniwa for instance complains a lot about the EU ladder, they think there opponents frequently are to weak in order for them to get maximum efficiency out of their training time. As far as I heard is this problem is a lot greater in NA. You do not need to be a genius to realize that playing against players that are worse then yourself is not going to improve your skill level, specially in SC2 as it is a game which is really hard to improve in without good opponents.

I mean does not all EG players pretty much have SC2 as there full time job? Could they not live anywhere? I mean people study abroad for many years all the time, why cannot SC2 players do the same? Seems very inefficient to have the house in Arizona.

It does not necessarily need to be in Korea, as Korea I think is hard county to live/adept to in a more long term perspective.
Most players use Korea as bootcamp, they go in train hard and go away after 1-2 months. Further I think for some players like Idra, Korea might be bad. Cause Idra is the sort of player that do not handle loses very well and Idras skill level is highly related to his mental state rather then his actual max skill level.

Hell have house in northern EU instead. Make EU a hub for SC2 esport and make the EU ladder even more competitive. Good for foreign scene and thus good for Esport ^^

I guess the only real response I can think of is that we live in a globalized world. It really doesn't matter if your house is in Arizona, Korea, or Egypt. As long as you have a decent connection strength, you should be able to play on every server. NA to KR lag can be bad during peak KR hours, I won't doubt that. But you don't exactly plan owning a house based around that. Houses cost money. Not to mention if you wish to buy a house in a country, and then live there for years without end, you typically need to be a citizen of the country.

But yeah, no one will buy a $200,000+ house in Europe just to make the European ladder have a higher EG presence.


Well I am not sure. I study at the university of Uppsala (north of Stockholm) and I recently finished my master degree there. Out of 160 students in my master program were 9 swedish. Meaning that 151 were from abroad. Mostly China, India and US but also countries like Iran and Nepal. Most of these people lived in Sweden for 2-3 years without any problems, not to mention PhD students that live here for 4-6 years. So it seems to be working very well for for university students at least.

And regarding the lags I guess they are fairly severe as both EU and NA players rarely play on the KR servers because of it. Also they apparently find it troubling enough to send their players to live in Korea frequently.

Sure there are some costs but you do not need to buy a house, you rent it. I mean a large house in Sweden somewhere close to a big city maybe cost like 1000-1500$ a month to rent. I think EG could afford that. Like my parents they rent out a house with maybe 100+ m2 that have 24mbit connection in the middle of nowhere, and I think the people that rent it pays like 800$ a month.

So no of course EG would never rent a house in EU just to improve the EU ladder. However I think renting a house and living in EU could be beneficial for EG. Improving the EU ladder and overall the foreign scene would just be a positive side effect.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
July 26 2012 13:14 GMT
#307
On July 26 2012 21:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 21:26 Chargelot wrote:
On July 26 2012 21:19 4ZakeN87 wrote:
I wonder if EG should keep there gaming house in Arizona though. Like there is no doubt that they have many highly skilled/talent players but I think the amount of evidence pointing against that it is a bad to train in NA is starting to be overwhelming.

I mean Sase and Naniwa for instance complains a lot about the EU ladder, they think there opponents frequently are to weak in order for them to get maximum efficiency out of their training time. As far as I heard is this problem is a lot greater in NA. You do not need to be a genius to realize that playing against players that are worse then yourself is not going to improve your skill level, specially in SC2 as it is a game which is really hard to improve in without good opponents.

I mean does not all EG players pretty much have SC2 as there full time job? Could they not live anywhere? I mean people study abroad for many years all the time, why cannot SC2 players do the same? Seems very inefficient to have the house in Arizona.

It does not necessarily need to be in Korea, as Korea I think is hard county to live/adept to in a more long term perspective.
Most players use Korea as bootcamp, they go in train hard and go away after 1-2 months. Further I think for some players like Idra, Korea might be bad. Cause Idra is the sort of player that do not handle loses very well and Idras skill level is highly related to his mental state rather then his actual max skill level.

Hell have house in northern EU instead. Make EU a hub for SC2 esport and make the EU ladder even more competitive. Good for foreign scene and thus good for Esport ^^

I guess the only real response I can think of is that we live in a globalized world. It really doesn't matter if your house is in Arizona, Korea, or Egypt. As long as you have a decent connection strength, you should be able to play on every server. NA to KR lag can be bad during peak KR hours, I won't doubt that. But you don't exactly plan owning a house based around that. Houses cost money. Not to mention if you wish to buy a house in a country, and then live there for years without end, you typically need to be a citizen of the country.

But yeah, no one will buy a $200,000+ house in Europe just to make the European ladder have a higher EG presence.


Well I am not sure. I study at the university of Uppsala (north of Stockholm) and I recently finished my master degree there. Out of 160 students in my master program were 9 swedish. Meaning that 151 were from abroad. Mostly China, India and US but also countries like Iran and Nepal. Most of these people lived in Sweden for 2-3 years without any problems, not to mention PhD students that live here for 4-6 years. So it seems to be working very well for for university students at least.

And regarding the lags I guess they are fairly severe as both EU and NA players rarely play on the KR servers because of it. Also they apparently find it troubling enough to send their players to live in Korea frequently.

Sure there are some costs but you do not need to buy a house, you rent it. I mean a large house in Sweden somewhere close to a big city maybe cost like 1000-1500$ a month to rent. I think EG could afford that. Like my parents they rent out a house with maybe 100+ m2 that have 24mbit connection in the middle of nowhere, and I think the people that rent it pays like 800$ a month.

So no of course EG would never rent a house in EU just to improve the EU ladder. However I think renting a house and living in EU could be beneficial for EG. Improving the EU ladder and overall the foreign scene would just be a positive side effect.

http://www.studyinsweden.se/Living-in-Sweden/Do-I-need-a-visa/

Swedish student visas for non-EU citizens, sign your name on some papers for EU-citizens.

I'm pretty sure none of EG are studying but Suppy, and he's staying in Berkeley, and none of EG heralds from a member state of the European Union. Student visas are a lot easier to get than work visas, which are both significantly easier to get than Swedish residence permits, which you require if you're staying in Sweden for longer than 3 months. Not to mention selling E-Sports to a Migration Board as a valid reason to stay in Sweden for 2-3 years would probably be difficult.

I'm sure most or all other members of the European Union have similar/the same laws regarding these things. It would be a nightmare on all levels, and this actually does seem like it's all about getting them onto the EU ladder/vs. EU players more often. There's probably better options for exposing the team to good Euro players more often.

If anything, having what pretty much amounts to THE gaming house in the USA means that when Europeans compete in tournaments, they could potentially spend time at the house in Arizona before the event, as Stephano did before MLG Spring Champs.

Getting them into contact with higher level European players is obviously a great idea, and a good goal. It's just an impractical way of accomplishing that goal.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 13:59:41
July 26 2012 13:40 GMT
#308
On July 26 2012 22:14 Chargelot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 21:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On July 26 2012 21:26 Chargelot wrote:
On July 26 2012 21:19 4ZakeN87 wrote:
I wonder if EG should keep there gaming house in Arizona though. Like there is no doubt that they have many highly skilled/talent players but I think the amount of evidence pointing against that it is a bad to train in NA is starting to be overwhelming.

I mean Sase and Naniwa for instance complains a lot about the EU ladder, they think there opponents frequently are to weak in order for them to get maximum efficiency out of their training time. As far as I heard is this problem is a lot greater in NA. You do not need to be a genius to realize that playing against players that are worse then yourself is not going to improve your skill level, specially in SC2 as it is a game which is really hard to improve in without good opponents.

I mean does not all EG players pretty much have SC2 as there full time job? Could they not live anywhere? I mean people study abroad for many years all the time, why cannot SC2 players do the same? Seems very inefficient to have the house in Arizona.

It does not necessarily need to be in Korea, as Korea I think is hard county to live/adept to in a more long term perspective.
Most players use Korea as bootcamp, they go in train hard and go away after 1-2 months. Further I think for some players like Idra, Korea might be bad. Cause Idra is the sort of player that do not handle loses very well and Idras skill level is highly related to his mental state rather then his actual max skill level.

Hell have house in northern EU instead. Make EU a hub for SC2 esport and make the EU ladder even more competitive. Good for foreign scene and thus good for Esport ^^

I guess the only real response I can think of is that we live in a globalized world. It really doesn't matter if your house is in Arizona, Korea, or Egypt. As long as you have a decent connection strength, you should be able to play on every server. NA to KR lag can be bad during peak KR hours, I won't doubt that. But you don't exactly plan owning a house based around that. Houses cost money. Not to mention if you wish to buy a house in a country, and then live there for years without end, you typically need to be a citizen of the country.

But yeah, no one will buy a $200,000+ house in Europe just to make the European ladder have a higher EG presence.


Well I am not sure. I study at the university of Uppsala (north of Stockholm) and I recently finished my master degree there. Out of 160 students in my master program were 9 swedish. Meaning that 151 were from abroad. Mostly China, India and US but also countries like Iran and Nepal. Most of these people lived in Sweden for 2-3 years without any problems, not to mention PhD students that live here for 4-6 years. So it seems to be working very well for for university students at least.

And regarding the lags I guess they are fairly severe as both EU and NA players rarely play on the KR servers because of it. Also they apparently find it troubling enough to send their players to live in Korea frequently.

Sure there are some costs but you do not need to buy a house, you rent it. I mean a large house in Sweden somewhere close to a big city maybe cost like 1000-1500$ a month to rent. I think EG could afford that. Like my parents they rent out a house with maybe 100+ m2 that have 24mbit connection in the middle of nowhere, and I think the people that rent it pays like 800$ a month.

So no of course EG would never rent a house in EU just to improve the EU ladder. However I think renting a house and living in EU could be beneficial for EG. Improving the EU ladder and overall the foreign scene would just be a positive side effect.

http://www.studyinsweden.se/Living-in-Sweden/Do-I-need-a-visa/

Swedish student visas for non-EU citizens, sign your name on some papers for EU-citizens.

I'm pretty sure none of EG are studying but Suppy, and he's staying in Berkeley, and none of EG heralds from a member state of the European Union. Student visas are a lot easier to get than work visas, which are both significantly easier to get than Swedish residence permits, which you require if you're staying in Sweden for longer than 3 months. Not to mention selling E-Sports to a Migration Board as a valid reason to stay in Sweden for 2-3 years would probably be difficult.

I'm sure most or all other members of the European Union have similar/the same laws regarding these things. It would be a nightmare on all levels, and this actually does seem like it's all about getting them onto the EU ladder/vs. EU players more often. There's probably better options for exposing the team to good Euro players more often.

If anything, having what pretty much amounts to THE gaming house in the USA means that when Europeans compete in tournaments, they could potentially spend time at the house in Arizona before the event, as Stephano did before MLG Spring Champs.

Getting them into contact with higher level European players is obviously a great idea, and a good goal. It's just an impractical way of accomplishing that goal.


Well they could marry Swedish girls, they seems to be very popular ^^

No but seriously I wonder how hard it is to have esport as a job in EU. My guess is no one knows as it has never been done before. But if you can show that you are sponsored by several major companies and earn a good salary out of it, would it really be that hard?

If you earn money and spend part of your earnings in Sweden/EU, why would it not be considered a job? I do not think that the migration board define what a "job" is, are they not mainly interested if you can provide for yourself/pay taxes? It is not like they are taking jobs either, if anything that are actually creating a new category of job and bringing in more money into EU/Sweden.

Regardless, I do not believe in the EG curse. I believe that the NA scene is dropping like a rock in the sea however. EG just happens to be the team with most exposure by far in NA, therefor it seems like there is a EG curse but it is actually a NA "curse". It seems like pretty much every SC2 player in NA is attached to this rock, and it is dropping to a point where there is not so much light anymore. So if I were EG I would look for ways to get of this thing, maybe a EU submarine? x)

Bringing in more good players to the house maybe could work to. I just think EG has to do something different cause what they are doing now does not seems to pay of that well considering the level of players they have in their roster.

By the way Chargelot, it is nice to have a balanced discussion on TL once in a while
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
July 26 2012 16:27 GMT
#309
But just because the team house is in NA doesn't mean they have to always play on NA, I don't know what's stopping them from playing on korea.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
July 26 2012 21:18 GMT
#310
On July 27 2012 01:27 hunts wrote:
But just because the team house is in NA doesn't mean they have to always play on NA, I don't know what's stopping them from playing on korea.

some of them do play on korea. they all have korean accounts and I know that I've seen Machine/DeMuslim/Incontrol playing on Korea.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
July 27 2012 00:28 GMT
#311
On July 27 2012 06:18 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 01:27 hunts wrote:
But just because the team house is in NA doesn't mean they have to always play on NA, I don't know what's stopping them from playing on korea.

some of them do play on korea. they all have korean accounts and I know that I've seen Machine/DeMuslim/Incontrol playing on Korea.

They all have European accounts too. I know Demuslim at least has been #1 GM on both NA and EU at the same time.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
July 27 2012 00:30 GMT
#312
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 27 2012 00:33 GMT
#313
On July 27 2012 09:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.


Well GSTL is the big one, but you can't count out IPL TAC, the little brother of the premier teamleague duo.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 00:51:06
July 27 2012 00:50 GMT
#314
On July 27 2012 09:33 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 09:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.


Well GSTL is the big one, but you can't count out IPL TAC, the little brother of the premier teamleague duo.


Meh, now that it's LAN finals it might become a bigger deal than it was.

Realistically thought what matters is performances in MLG, Dreamhack, IPL, GSL, NASL, Assembly, IEM, WCS etc.. I.E Individual leagues.

This isn't Brood War, team leagues are a nice distraction but teams live and die by their performance in individual leagues. In terms of individual league performance EG has done way better than any other foreign team throughout Sc2.
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
July 27 2012 16:09 GMT
#315
Yes, yes they all have Korean and EU SC2 accounts, of course they do. But, EG apparently pay there players to go and train in Korea every now and then. I guess this is not a payment EG does cause they enjoy to waste money but rather because it has a purpose.

The purpose being that you train a lot more efficient in for instance Korea then you do when you practice from US to Korea.
<--- which is my point.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 16:13:35
July 27 2012 16:12 GMT
#316
On July 27 2012 09:50 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 09:33 Bagration wrote:
On July 27 2012 09:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.


Well GSTL is the big one, but you can't count out IPL TAC, the little brother of the premier teamleague duo.


Meh, now that it's LAN finals it might become a bigger deal than it was.

Realistically thought what matters is performances in MLG, Dreamhack, IPL, GSL, NASL, Assembly, IEM, WCS etc.. I.E Individual leagues.

This isn't Brood War, team leagues are a nice distraction but teams live and die by their performance in individual leagues. In terms of individual league performance EG has done way better than any other foreign team throughout Sc2.


Millenium Mouz
Apollo_Shards
Profile Joined February 2011
1210 Posts
July 27 2012 16:58 GMT
#317
On July 27 2012 09:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.


...
So all the viewers TAC gets is just sympathy views or what?
Jaedong, sOs, avilo, MaSa, Oprah
achristes
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Norway653 Posts
July 27 2012 20:52 GMT
#318
EG has to be the sc2 team with the best marketing or smth, shitton of sponsors.
youtube.com/spooderm4n | twitch.tv/spooderm4n | Random videos and games I feel like uploading
GuitarBizarre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom332 Posts
July 31 2012 20:53 GMT
#319
On July 28 2012 01:58 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 09:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On July 26 2012 09:41 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 26 2012 02:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
EG are the most successful non Korean team. I don't understand where this bullshit about bad results comes from.

CERTAINLY not in team leagues.


No one cares about team leagues not called GSTL in Sc2.


...
So all the viewers TAC gets is just sympathy views or what?


Or even the KSL, which isn't BIG, but it is FUN.
In retrospect, I don't know how you can play StarCraft without swearing. - Eifer
Synchronizefresh
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United Kingdom7 Posts
January 23 2013 02:03 GMT
#320
Just watched Inside The Game and the EG members didnt shout out Raid Call as a sponser? iNcontroL even said "brave move with sponser shoutouts atm" when Demuslim said them. Have Raid Call stopped their sponser of EG? (I couldn't find any posts about this so figured this was the best place?) Appologise in advance if this is the wrong place to be talking about this.

Interested to find out if anyone knows more, thanks.
Sup fresh
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1898
GuemChi 1581
Artosis 623
910 59
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
Doublelift3862
Counter-Strike
taco 208
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox325
Other Games
summit1g8675
shahzam708
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0355
PiGStarcraft261
Day[9].tv159
Maynarde135
CosmosSc2 31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick986
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• davetesta20
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv159
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 46m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.